Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
good call on the new thread title, didnt notice it until just now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

keyboard vomit posted:

Hell yeah work sucks

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

prefect posted:

http://climate.nasa.gov/400ppmquotes/

The global concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere – the primary driver of recent climate change – has reached 400 parts per million (ppm) for the first time in recorded history, according to data from the Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii.

Since 1958, the Mauna Loa Observatory has been gathering data on how much carbon dioxide is in the atmosphere. Carbon dioxide has increased by about 24 percent since the beginning of this record. (Source: NOAA)

We rounded up a few scientists here at NASA and asked them what passing 400 ppm means to them.

:smithicide:

hell yeah earth sucks

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

prefect posted:

http://climate.nasa.gov/400ppmquotes/

The global concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere – the primary driver of recent climate change – has reached 400 parts per million (ppm) for the first time in recorded history, according to data from the Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii.

Since 1958, the Mauna Loa Observatory has been gathering data on how much carbon dioxide is in the atmosphere. Carbon dioxide has increased by about 24 percent since the beginning of this record. (Source: NOAA)

We rounded up a few scientists here at NASA and asked them what passing 400 ppm means to them.

:smithicide:

global warming is good

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
sometimes the gray forums have solid gold

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&perpage=40&pagenumber=537#post453138200

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

FactsAreUseless posted:

That has nothing to do with Star Citizen, you just really wanted to talk about the time a girl with the wrong kind of breasts threw up on your dick.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ugh, marines are the worst

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

c seminar s: come on bithc

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

current dad status: I've done in two days what my ex couldn't in three or more months: I've potty trained my daughter. it's not fully done but she's telling me she has to go and then going all by herself

I'm loving exhausted but also relieved

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
c butt s: drained and I feel a bajillion times better holy moly. also got a Vicodin script so thanksgiving is gonna be fun

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
they drained your butt, that's called pooping

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
so what's the buttnoses?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Beast of Bourbon posted:

they drained your butt, that's called posting

ftfy

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

c seminar s: sudden rush of energy is p cool

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

maniacdevnull posted:

cjs: just watched as two people walked in the building at the same time, one was a young guy in a wool coat and knit cap, other was a woman in her 50s in sandals, a skirt, and short sleeves. :psyduck:

Menapause is brutal

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Funhilde posted:

Menapause is brutal

i laughed then grew fearful of the future

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
two cops in the cafe watching news about the protests

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bump_fn posted:

two cops in the cafe watching news about the protests

....what's the punchline?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

BeOSPOS posted:

....what's the punchline?

Chicago

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Necc0 posted:

c butt s: drained and I feel a bajillion times better holy moly. also got a Vicodin script so thanksgiving is gonna be fun

all of your butt posting has me extremely confused

did you physically injure your rear end or is your colon having apocalyptic diarrhea? or did you manage to actually injure your rear end from making GBS threads so much??

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Necc0 posted:

what

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SO DEMANDING posted:

all of your butt posting has me extremely confused

did you physically injure your rear end or is your colon having apocalyptic diarrhea? or did you manage to actually injure your rear end from making GBS threads so much??

i'm guessing "pilonoidal(sp?) cyst"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

yeah I think we need more butt details right now

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

NO BUTT STUFF

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE WHO GIVES A poo poo ABOUT THE RULES!?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

maniacdevnull posted:

yes

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
how tall do you even have to be to get a hosed up butt?

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

maniacdevnull posted:

Cool kids don't follow the rules

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gas

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

prefect posted:

my money is on fissure :colbert:

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
he mentioned butt steroids before

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Symbolic Butt posted:

he mentioned butt steroids before

maybe he's also getting butt synthol, and that's what had to be drained

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

prefect posted:

Those are no bueno. I had one in college.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Choice quotes that will get these guys fired when Trump is president.

We are a society that has inadvertently chosen the double-black diamond run without having learned to ski first. It will be a bumpy ride.

– Dr. Gavin Schmidt

We've put the planet on a high-carb diet for over a century. Time to get lean and go green.

– Dr. Josh Willis

As a college professor who lectures on climate change, I will have to find a way to look into those 70 sets of eyes that have learned all semester long to trust me and somehow explain to those students, my students – who still believe in their young minds that success mostly depends on good grades and hard work, who believe in fairness, evenhandedness and opportunity – how much we as people have altered our environment, and that they will end up facing the consequences of our inability to act.

– Laura Faye Tenenbaum

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

prefect posted:

maybe he's also getting butt synthol, and that's what had to be drained
is that the brazilian lift?

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

cjs: stop giving me real work I'm trying to be lazy today

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Al! posted:

yeah I think we need more butt details right now

finally back in bed and waiting for the Vicodin to kick in so here goes

first doc didn't know what it was only that I wasn't dying so she prescribed me steroids because it was most likely a hemorrhoid. turns out it wasn't and the past three days have been a Nightmare of Horrific Butt Pains™

finally saw the real but doc this morning and yeah it was a cyst. getting that drained wasn't the most painful thing in my life (dry socket) but drat it was close. anyways I got to experience about an hour of a pain free butt due to the local anesthetics but unfortunately during the can ride home I realized that also meant I had almost zero control of my bowels. so I was squeezing my butt as hard as I could the whole drive home praying I wouldn't poo poo myself.

unfortunately by the time I got home the anesthetic had worn off and I was back into Nightmare of Horrific Butt Pains mode again and had to limp my way to a CVS to get the good stuff. now that I've finished this post I think I can feel them kicking in finally.

anyways the moral of this story is do not take your butt for granted it works real hard for you and if it breaks it hurts real bad

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
amen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
also it wasnt a pilodinal cyst it was the kind that starts internally off the rectum then grows outwards. there's no real way to prevent them so basically I won the lottery on this fucker and when it began hurting is when the cyst was starting to bump into nerves.

unfortunately there's a 50/50 chance that despite being drained it will turn into this other thing I can't remember the name of and there's no way I'm getting out of bed to read the pamphlet which will require surgery. so yeah fingers crossed. she said we found this early though so it probably won't get worse

• Locked thread