Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

Also looks like my Pier Solar waste of money showed up today, can't wait.

This news excites me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Toxxupation posted:

On the other hand the instant one of these fig projects under- or fail to deliver you suddenly have the easiest possible class action lawsuit in the world
The class action lawsuit's more or less gone the way of the Dodo, in America at least. If you've agreed to terms and conditions on anything in the last year, maybe more, you've signed away any right you have to participate in class actions in favor of private arbitration (to be presided over by a friend of the business). If Fig's contract lawyers aren't idiots they've included a clause. You can thank the Chamber of Commerce with a monthly donation.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 26, 2015

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Many of the T&C agreements that "sign away rights" are not actually enforceable. You can sue anyway, and argue that you have the right to do so.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Wendell posted:

This news excites me!

http://imgur.com/a/n4lJc

The goodies are actually really high quality and nicely made, though I thought the bottom of the box was caked in mold or dust or something but it's part of the print. The guide book has a few things listed with "Might be a bug?", which is hilarious to me.

The Dreamcast version of that game has a couple issues. The intro FMV had a few places where the audio popped and the load times for maps and battles are a bit long. The gameplay balance is still awful, enemies are still overly difficult and the EXP rate is a little better but still bad. They really needed to do some outside the company play testing.

So, the best way to play this game is to just Cheatengine the PC version. Or better yet, just don't. 5/10, mainly for the goodies, would go back in time three years and slap myself if I could.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Yeah, all that packaging and the toys look great! Really makes you wish the game they were attached to lived up to them.

Edit: And today is the Dreamcast's Japanese anniversary! What a perfect gift.

Wendell fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 27, 2015

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Indivisible has 5 days left and still needs 250,000 dollars to meet it's goal. Things are not looking good.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Lord Lambeth posted:

Indivisible has 5 days left and still needs 250,000 dollars to meet it's goal. Things are not looking good.

They troughed a little over the last week or so but they're currently getting around $40k a day and trending upwards so they're still in with a chance.

There's one more guest character announcement coming before the campaign ends, and they've implied it might be a crossover with a Japanese dev... I wonder.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There's one more guest character announcement coming before the campaign ends, and they've implied it might be a crossover with a Japanese dev... I wonder.

?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

They troughed a little over the last week or so but they're currently getting around $40k a day and trending upwards so they're still in with a chance.

lol, if it turns out to be mighty number 9.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Lord Lambeth posted:

Most of the investment comes at the very beginning and end of the campaign. If it's <8 hours left and they're still not close then it's time to panic.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

IShallRiseAgain posted:

lol, if it turns out to be mighty number 9.

It's gonna be Red Ash: The Indelible Legend

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Speaking of which.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mkosvmZfqw

Wow.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jesus Christ

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
Who smeared poo poo on his nose? I don't remember that being there before.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

gross

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Is that voice over trying to be funny?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

everyone involved in this game should be deeply ashamed of it

I'm ashamed of helping fund it on kickstarter even if I did make the minimum pledge

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I'm glad the dude told me the game was fun, because I wouldn't have figured that out looking at that footage.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
Just to recap, we're being told that the game will be "fun", that you might be able to play with "someone else", there is a "boss rush" and a masochistic eat poo poo mode because why not.

Ok, now tell us something we haven't heard yet.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
How is that game that ugly. Like seriously it looks like an off-brand PS2 era platformer.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am literally the exact target audience for MN9, kickstarted it, and I still can't get hype for it. :smith:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I just want the stupid game to come out so I can play it, like/dislike it and then find some other project to waste money on.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Lurking Haro posted:

Is that voice over trying to be funny?

I think it's supposed to be ironic, but fell off the edge onto a spike. I'm still cringing.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I at least still like the boss designs.
No. 3's insane shark smile is probably what stands out in the trailer the most.

e: cannot listen to trailer right now though, will probably cringe at it later.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Cheez posted:

Just to recap, we're being told that the game will be "fun", that you might be able to play with "someone else", there is a "boss rush" and a masochistic eat poo poo mode because why not.

Ok, now tell us something we haven't heard yet.

You can play as Not-Roll, and the voiceover assumes that people named Vernon are creepy.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I'm loving the giant 100%s that pop out of enemies!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Indivisible's final guest character is whatsherface from Transistor, ie not a Japanese character.

DatonKallandor posted:

How is that game that ugly. Like seriously it looks like an off-brand PS2 era platformer.

Small japanese dev that's never been great at 3D + relatively small budget split across 8 platforms with wildly varying specs, pretty much. They really should have gone the Shantae/Ducktales HD route of 2D characters on 3D environments, at the very least.

We're going to be getting our first look at Bloodstained soon... I'm not optimistic.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Holy poo poo that game looks ugly as gently caress

I know it's concept art but didn't the concept art for that game look pretty good and relatively doable on the platforms they're releasing this game on?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they should've gone straight 2d tbh

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Indivisible is on track to raise something like $100,000 today. It's pretty much a sure thing at this point.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Capcom was right

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Groovelord Neato posted:

they should've gone straight 2d tbh

They can't/can't afford to - not for MN9, not for Bloodstained. Wayforward aren't even doing it for their KS Shantae game and they're a studio that's already primed and tooled for 2D.

That's the main reason I want Indivisible to succeed - setting up a stable network for producing new top-tier HD 2D games is difficult and time-consuming and if Lab Zero dies it'll be a long time before anyone can take their place.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

do you mean in terms of people expecting 3d due to the amount raised? shovel knight is one of the biggest kickstarter success stories and it looked like an NES game.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They can't/can't afford to - not for MN9, not for Bloodstained. Wayforward aren't even doing it for their KS Shantae game and they're a studio that's already primed and tooled for 2D.

He probably means sprite-based 2D. Gunvolt uses sprites and it has better odds of becoming a franchise than MN9.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I understand it takes about x100 the manpower, money, and time, but putting in the hard effort to create a 2D game will give it SO much more longevity and appeal if you do it right, even if everything else is psuedo-3D or big ugly PS1 visual effects. Good lord that game looks so ugly.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I get that 2ds expensive but the option they went with looks horrendous, i wish they did whatever pseudo-2d bullshit guilty gear xrd did

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Toxxupation posted:

I get that 2ds expensive but the option they went with looks horrendous, i wish they did whatever pseudo-2d bullshit guilty gear xrd did

Was just about to post this. Xrd does a loving ton with clever shading and an orthographic (quasi-2D) projection, and I'd still bet that it took them way less effort than animating each character by hand.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I'd hate to jump on a bandwagon but what really bugs me are the Final Fantasy 7-esque dot mouths. I don't know if it would be better or worse if they're aware of how crude that looks.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Was just about to post this. Xrd does a loving ton with clever shading and an orthographic (quasi-2D) projection, and I'd still bet that it took them way less effort than animating each character by hand.

Oh right. They're REALLY close to getting a proper look to fool you into thinking it's natural 2D. I hope this technique creeps out and gets refined to the point we can have a cheap renaissance of visually striking 2D games, but with the flexibility and ease of 3D work. I feel like it'd finally help conquer how hideous 3D ends up looking when it can't afford the AAA levels of funding. Transistor also did a good job with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

oh yeah i forgot about that slick 2D looking shading they do now.