Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
So long as we get em all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

this is better-er

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf-_230SjbM

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

that ironman vs the gayboyz fight at the end looks badass

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the captain america movies are by far the best marvel movies so i look foward to this

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Captain America 2 was a legitimately good film and surprisingly didn't fellate the security state and made an actual criticism against it.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

babypolis posted:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Haven't read comics in a long time but they did one story arc circa 2005 where cap goes into a different dimension where the nazis win, or it's a time travel story or something. They should probably make that a movie IMO

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
History not hate.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Captain America 2 was a legitimately good film and surprisingly didn't fellate the security state and made an actual criticism against it.

Cap 2 was a better spy thriller than Spectre

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

yeah spoilers for the wrap-up to civil war

cap dies lol

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

A misanthrope posted:

what do Superman an Bateman think about abortions??

i bet abortion doctors remind batman of the guy that killed his parents. it is why bruce wayne shot up that clinic.

patrick bateman supports abortion 100%

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

babypolis posted:

you know ironman's going to lose, right?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Where does Thor, the norse god of Thunder, stand on spuperhero registration

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

wasnt it a time bullet or someshit.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

my fav thing in civil war. needs to be in the movie

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

you know ironman's going to lose, right?

yeah that seemed pretty obvious whats your point

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

wasnt it a time bullet or someshit.

Yes weirdly enough it was really really similar to what happened to Batman around the same time.

A misanthrope posted:

my fav thing in civil war. needs to be in the movie

Ain't gonna be in the movie b/c Civil War the comic sucked dick and the movie is wisely staying far away from it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I think Punisher-man should kill all the heroes and/or villains, with his gun

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Is Scarlet Johanson in this one because I can't take another movie where I have to ignore her trying to destroy every scene with her lovely acting

It's one thing if the actress playing Agent Tits is the low point in your movie but goddamn

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

mind the walrus posted:

Ain't gonna be in the movie b/c Civil War the comic sucked dick and the movie is wisely staying far away from it.

In Wolverine it showed he was basically immortal. Iirc he got incinerated and essentially rematerialized. Thought it was pretty badass IMO

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A misanthrope posted:

COMIC MOVIE NEWS SCOOP: Captain America: Civil War to be 3-hour slap fight between two men who clearly want to bugger each other very badly

Its a commentary on our views of homosexuality?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tujague posted:

Is Scarlet Johanson in this one because I can't take another movie where I have to ignore her trying to destroy every scene with her lovely acting

It's one thing if the actress playing Agent Tits is the low point in your movie but goddamn

i think she's actually pretty great when acting side by side with chris Evans

they are a good team

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

social vegan posted:

cool i hope they finally make one where america CRAPtain doesn't suck a dude off, i get that it's progressive but it doesn't fit in my headcanon (little pun for you there op ;) )

Doesn't falcon die too?

I hope he does in this.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If Bucky and the Captain dont kiss by the end of the film (including post credits) I'm asking for a refund

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Their hands will touch when they both grab the shield.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Captain America has always been a liberal, it's Iron Man who is a conservative.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

we need more punisher movies that are good

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cowman posted:

we need more punisher movies that are good

Punisher will be in the next season of Daredevil.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
My favorite Punisher is from the 90's Spiderman cartoon, where he wasnt allowed to kill bad guys to death and just kinda walked around with a skull on his chest and doled out harsh words

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Tony Stark in an rear end Hole.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

Captain America has always been a liberal, it's Iron Man who is a conservative.

yeah stark is literally a military-industrial complex war profiteer

stan lee said he wanted to create a repulsive character to see if he could get readers to like him anyway

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

A misanthrope posted:

yeah stark is literally a military-industrial complex war profiteer

stan lee said he wanted to create a repulsive character to see if he could get readers to like him anyway

Do people like him? Everyone likes his cool armor but do they like the man inside?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Toadvine posted:

Do people like him? Everyone likes his cool armor but do they like the man inside?

yes, yes they do.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I read the Civil War comic on imgur recently and it has an abruptly lovely ending, albeit with the bad guy winning for a change

Captain America is pretty loving anarchist in civil war too, I hope the movie reflects this

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Toadvine posted:

I read the Civil War comic on imgur recently and it has an abruptly lovely ending, albeit with the bad guy winning for a change

Captain America is pretty loving anarchist in civil war too, I hope the movie reflects this

I think its more, Cap wants bucky to get off with all the murders(including jfk) because "he is my friend and hypnosis" and stark/government wants him either to stand trial or put a bullet in his skull. I kinda side with stark for once.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Toadvine posted:

MCU honestly made stark a much better character or at least Robert downy made him much more likable. In the comics, he is massive objectivist dickhead with a drinking problem. in the movies, he is just kinda of a smarmy dick with a bit of a libertarian streak but he kinda grows on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i went to school with producer marvel president Kevin Feige's little brother, the dude's got sooo many comic books, just thousands and thousands of individual issues unorganised in plastic crates, a seriously crazy amount of comics. His dad was like "I don't know wtf to do with all of these"

• Locked thread