Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rookie of the Year Runoff
This poll is closed.
Jahlil Okafor 6 7.50%
Karl-Anthony Towns 22 27.50%
Kristaps Porzingis 52 65.00%
Total: 80 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Dexo posted:

If only we had an offensive minded coach who was able to mold all of this 'talent' the flawless front office has acquired.

Kevin McHale is available

Speaking of which it's kind of odd he hasn't been on ESPN to make some sarcastic quips about the Rockets or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Hoiberg is a really bad NBA coach.

I don't think Hoiberg is telling the team "turn the ball over literally every time you touch it"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
NBA TV has stuck me with Rockets/Pelicans

These are Two Not Very Good Teams

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Tuned into the Raptors in the 4th, looke dlike I picked a good time to start. Also... wtf Bebe? He looks like he should get playing time over JV right now

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I don't think Hoiberg is telling the team "turn the ball over literally every time you touch it"

Part of his innovative offense that will change the fortunes of the Bulls. Also needs Jimmy Butler out there who's hurting for 40 minutes a game.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
what is atlanta doing lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chunkles posted:

Kevin McHale is available

Speaking of which it's kind of odd he hasn't been on ESPN to make some sarcastic quips about the Rockets or whatever.

Why have McHale when you can have Scotty Brooks?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

They have no offensive system. Hoiberg doesn't have any Juco transfers to bail him out.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

remember when the bulls had by consensus one of the best coaches in the nba and fired him because john paxson didn't like him

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Tuned into the Raptors in the 4th, looke dlike I picked a good time to start. Also... wtf Bebe? He looks like he should get playing time over JV right now

the games first three quarters were loving awful, now it's vaguely interesting.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol bulls fans melting down itt during an early december game against the nuggets

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

remember when the bulls had by consensus one of the best coaches in the nba and fired him because john paxson didn't like him

If only John Paxson thought he could take Thibs in a fight. Then he might have only Choked him out and let him coach out his contract.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

They have no offensive system. Hoiberg doesn't have any Juco transfers to bail him out.

bulls should kick the tires on royce white

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol bulls fans melting down itt during an early december game against the nuggets

well the one melted down about thibs too so :shrug:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Metapod posted:

Why have McHale when you can have Scotty Brooks?

no the Rockets need to hire him for the Durant recruiting angle, then miss out on Durant and keep him in order to make the team maximum unwatchable

R.D. Mangles posted:

the nuggets have caused many fan meltdowns this season.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

They pretty much had to part ways with Thibs because that relationship was so toxic but hiring college coaches is dumb unless they are Brad Stevens

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

attackmole posted:

the games first three quarters were loving awful, now it's vaguely interesting.

Raptors have the interesting ability to make some games really awful to watch

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Rose has like 10 Kobe assists tonight

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Suns were up 16 with 8:25 left in the 4th. Managed to throw that all away and lose the lead with 2 minutes left. Get back the lead by 2, have possession with 23 seconds left, and... turn it over with 19 seconds left.

Andre (38% FT shooter) goes to the line at 14 seconds and hits them both to tie. Suns can't make the shot, so the game goes to OT.

I don't know if I want to watch the OT.

:negative:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Niwrad posted:

They pretty much had to part ways with Thibs because that relationship was so toxic but hiring college coaches is dumb unless they are Brad Stevens

Donovan has been pretty solid imo

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Skinny Lowry is really something else, might be a top 5 PG

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Give me Thibs and a new Front Office plz. Hire Matt Lloyd to be the GM(as he was the one who was head scout when Niko, Butler, and Gibson were drafted(i.e the only good picks this vaunted Bulls FO has made, Since he's left their drafts have been trash)

Bulls FO has been coasting off his drafts drat near half a decade now.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

jfc raptors

jfc hawks

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Give me Thibs and a new Front Office plz. Hire Matt Lloyd to be the GM(as he was the one who was head scout when Niko, Butler, and Gibson were drafted)

Bulls FO has been coasting off his drafts drat near half a decade now.

I agree but Reinsdorf will never fire Paxson

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Metapod posted:

Donovan has been pretty solid imo

I haven't seen a ton of Thunder games but I was at one where he didn't know to foul when down late and kept switching on a 1-5 P&R with Enes Kanter.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

keep giving bebe dunks

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

harden w/ the chase down block

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

serious bebe is the key to success

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Man Atlanta couldn't hit poo poo that fourth quarter. Shoutout to the Raptors for not loving this up despite playing like dogshit for three quarters.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I know the Spurs are going to paddle a lot of teams, but what the gently caress is with the Bucks this year? They seem like a hot mess

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Why is McDermott inbounding it to Noah in a foul situation?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

EMC posted:

I know the Spurs are going to paddle a lot of teams, but what the gently caress is with the Bucks this year? They seem like a hot mess

losing GOAT center Zaza Pachulia will do that to you

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

chunkles posted:

nothing easy

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Also feel free to sub for defense Hoiberg when you're on defense late in the game

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

ah gently caress looks like davis hurt his shoulder again

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chunkles posted:

Also, MCW and Monroe have lead to them playing a completely different style of play than what they were successful with last season.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Turned the raps game off to do other things, how the gently caress did they end up winning this thing

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

EMC posted:

All I can figure is that they miss Zaza and Knight a lot.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Tony Parker just tried to sell me a watch but without the HEB people writing the commercial he's just a goofy looking guy with a french accent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Welp... Suns continue to be unable to score for more than half the OT.

This team should be so much better than they are so far this year.

• Locked thread