Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

D Magazine did a big thing on this case. Kid had/has a hosed up home life. He should have faced actual consequences but it makes me feel a little sorry for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

coronatae posted:

D Magazine did a big thing on this case. Kid had/has a hosed up home life. He should have faced actual consequences but it makes me feel a little sorry for him.

quote:

He was driving his mom’s F-150 on a night in February 2013 when a Lakeside police officer found him peeing in the parking lot of a Dollar General at 1 am. In the truck was an unclothed 14-year-old girl, a can of Miller Lite, and a 1.75-liter bottle of Grey Goose. The officer asked the clearly intoxicated 15-year-old Ethan what he was doing.

Ethan replied, “What’s it look like I’m doing?”

Tonya was called to the scene. The officer’s microphone captured the conversation between the mother and son.

“By the way, I didn’t know you snuck out,” Tonya says.

“What do you mean, I snuck out?” Ethan says. “I told you I was—”

“Well you’re not going to tell your dad that after you go out drinking and doing this,” she says.

“I drank one beer,” he says.

“It doesn’t matter,” she says.

Though he’d broken at least six laws, Ethan was only issued tickets for minor in consumption and minor in possession. Tonya drove Ethan home, leaving the truck at the Dollar General. In her deposition, Tonya was asked what happened to the girl. “That morning?” Tonya responded. “Her mom picked her up, I assume. I guess. I don’t know.” Citing the ongoing civil litigation, Lakeside Chief of Police Lee Pitts declined to comment on the incident.
What a collection of events and banter this excerpt from that article is.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
poor kid :(

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
If he got off on a defense of affluenza for manslaughter of four I don't see why he wouldn't get off on a lesser charge of violating probation

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

coronatae posted:

Of course the girl named Starr is now a mother.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
what a jerk

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I hope he dies

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I have Hasselhoffluenza.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Tarrant County Sheriff's spokesman Terry Grisham: “[Cases] are not prosecuted or revoked or modified based on hearsay or based on a grainy video that we can’t identify someone in.”​

Is he on retainer? That's a high quality iPhone video.

down n out fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Dec 4, 2015

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Sorry, I misspoke. On the advice of my retained council, I am retracting my previous statement and affirming that I do in fact have Zack Braffluenza.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

coronatae posted:

dont be a retard, everyone has problems growing up and we dont all murder people with our car. this piece of poo poo should have been locked up for a good many years then arrested when he reoffends in 2025 because he doesnt know how to function in society.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Ross Ulbricht of silk road fame tried to claim affluenza but the judge threw him and the book in the dumpster then set it all on fire. He thought he shouldn't go to jail because at heart he was a good cultured white boy from the 'burbs, not a hardened drug dealer from the streets.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
i am trans-bourgeoisie mind my pronouns

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
eh I went to high school with kids richer than him that went on to commit felonies who went to prison as a result

blame this on Texas' court system being corrupt and retarded as gently caress because Texas

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Reminder that Texas let Robert Durst walk free lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Sentence this fuckboi to 15 years Jared Fogle

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

poverty is a disease imo
one that is easily curable but it's easier to blame the poor for not having insurance to prevent them from being poor in the form of having rich parents

*in cop voice* poverty is a disease, and i'm the cure

(starts shooting black people)

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

coronatae posted:

Yeah killing 4 people and not giving a gently caress while he bangs some 13 year old girl in a rich car with lots of money. What a harsh life.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Microwaves Mom posted:

Yeah killing 4 people and not giving a gently caress while he bangs some 13 year old girl in a rich car with lots of money. What a harsh life.

lets not exaggerate, it was an f150 that he was banging a passed out 14 year old in that they abandoned overnight. f150s are not rich people cars

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

lets not exaggerate, it was an f150 that he was banging a passed out 14 year old in that they abandoned overnight. f150s are not rich people cars

He probably paid some poors for it so he could haul around other drunk passed out girls.

Why did you italics 14?

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

You can load an f150 out to $50-60k easy. F150 is also supposedly the number one car of millionaires.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
wrong forum op! gbs supports the job creators no matter what

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

if this kid ran over some feminists and wore cool fedoras, gbs would make him their king

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

A misanthrope posted:

if this kid ran over some feminists and wore cool fedoras, gbs would make him their king

But you're already our King.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
15 year old in truck with open alcohol. Hmm lets see how this turns out if you aren't a rich piece of poo poo.

DUI because in Texas ANY alcohol on your breath = dui if you are under 21.
Minor in possession.
Drunk in public.

What else would someone that isn't a rich piece of poo poo have been nailed to the wall for before they got the chance to kill 4 people?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Microwaves Mom posted:

He probably paid some poors for it so he could haul around other drunk passed out girls.

Why did you italics 14?

because the post I was quoting said the girl was a full 365 days younger than she actually was, a gross exaggeration

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

You can load an f150 out to $50-60k easy. F150 is also supposedly the number one car of millionaires.

it is not a rich persons car

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Microwaves Mom posted:

But you're already our King.

true

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

because the post I was quoting said the girl was a full 365 days younger than she actually was, a gross exaggeration

it is not a rich persons car

define rich person

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

define rich person

if ford charged 1.5 million dollars it'd still be a poor redneck truck

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Sounds like a real rear end in a top hat.

#NotMyTypicalWhiteDude

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

if ford charged 1.5 million dollars it'd still be a poor redneck truck

I quote that as a Ford shareholder lol

blumpkinhead
Nov 10, 2014

aint got no time for bird sex
I have that, without the money.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm proud of the affluenza kid learning nothing from his experience and lapsing back into alcoholism. Like a true rich kid should.

dirk0
Jun 24, 2004
They don't serve fried chicken and watermelon on a daily basis in my mess hall!
Dinosaur Gum
He's just the white version on John Wiley Price. That fuckwad gets away with everything.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I hope he goes to jail and gets beat up enough to stop being a gently caress up

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes but I am only verbally abusive to the poor, the closest to physical violence is having the anti-homeless spikes installed outside my condo.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Three Olives posted:

Yes but I am only verbally abusive to the poor, the closest to physical violence is having the anti-homeless spikes installed outside my condo.

Ya. but that's because you're a huge pussy.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
so wait they just left the girl to sleep in the truck? lol

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

If she was passed out at the time that makes him a rapist. Is there a bingo card for lovely people who should be locked up for life because this kid has got every square covered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Secks Cauldron posted:

If she was passed out at the time that makes him a rapist. Is there a bingo card for lovely people who should be locked up for life because this kid has got every square covered.
It didn't say she was passed out in the article. I don't think.

• Locked thread