Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Writing wrieless code is hard and would only be applicable to two versions of they game so they're not doing it. 3DS and Vita aren't getting battle mode for the same reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Man gently caress the Wii U, I want coop on every platform.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Alteisen posted:

Man gently caress the Wii U, I want coop on every platform.

Sorry that you're allergic to good consoles.

Pooper Hero
Sep 11, 2001
The costumed crapper

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Sorry that you're allergic to good consoles.

Based on the wiiU sales numbers, I'm guessing most people were.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

the wii u is good and is my friend

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
The Wii U is a huge failure

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

African AIDS cum posted:

The Wii U is a huge failure

Incorrect.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

jivjov posted:

Incorrect.

No, objectively correct, despite your biased leanings.

It's a very real question as to whether Nintendo will ever have a mainstream console that can stand toe to toe with whatever Sony and Microsoft can plan out, again. The Wii U sold like hot rear end.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Fuzz posted:

It's a very real question as to whether Nintendo will ever have a mainstream console that can stand toe to toe with whatever Sony and Microsoft can plan out, again. The Wii U sold like hot rear end.

That's pretty silly considering how well the wii dominated

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

That's pretty silly considering how well the wii dominated

The Wii sold well over 7 years ago. It's pretty irrelevant now.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The point is that anything can happen.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I don't give a rat's rear end about sales figures, the Wii U is a drat fine console

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Fuzz posted:

So all the happy Wii U owners are hallucinating? The Wii U may not have moved as many units as the other current gen consoles, but that does not make it a failure.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yeah, with having a good enough PC, the WiiU is pretty much the only thing to offer something different, ports-aside.

Now to load up SK in Steam Big Picture mode, and finally beat it. Today's the day!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I think you guys are missing my point. Saturn owners said the same things 15 years ago, and by and large they were correct. Doesn't change the economics of the situation, Nintendo has lost a LOT of money off the Wii U.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Fuzz posted:

I think you guys are missing my point. Saturn owners said the same things 15 years ago, and by and large they were correct. Doesn't change the economics of the situation, Nintendo has lost a LOT of money off the Wii U.

Perhaps, but the original Wii was incredibly successful even if it did mostly piss me off and the original NES revitalised a dead industry - the SNES was also very successful. I realise that there are two major consoles fighting it out with them right now, but I'm not willing to count Nintendo out yet especially with whispers that they are already working on their next console. Even if they did bow out of the console market while Sony and MS stay in, their core titles are still amazingly popular and they would continue to sell on other systems, if they went that route. Ever since the original X-Box there has been no reason to own both the MS console and the Sony one, and if either Sony or MS managed to get exclusive rights to publish Mario games, they would have a huge leg up on the other.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god I don't care.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

Perhaps, but the original Wii was incredibly successful even if it did mostly piss me off and the original NES revitalised a dead industry - the SNES was also very successful. I realise that there are two major consoles fighting it out with them right now, but I'm not willing to count Nintendo out yet especially with whispers that they are already working on their next console. Even if they did bow out of the console market while Sony and MS stay in, their core titles are still amazingly popular and they would continue to sell on other systems, if they went that route. Ever since the original X-Box there has been no reason to own both the MS console and the Sony one, and if either Sony or MS managed to get exclusive rights to publish Mario games, they would have a huge leg up on the other.

Right, which is exactly the same story as SEGA with the Genesis and Saturn. They will probably just move whole-hog to the portable market because they're murdering it there... I get the feeling even if we never see another Nintendo home console again, they'll never license their IPs to anyone else and eberything will just be portable from then on.

But anyway, enough derail. Need more shovel... just bought the 3DS theme in preparation!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This was a nice tread about a cool game and you hosed it up. Y'all hosed it up!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The Devil Tesla posted:

This was a nice tread about a cool game and you hosed it up. Y'all hosed it up!
I like the part where Shovel Knight can bounce off things by holding his shovel downward. :shobon:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

plague of shadows was one of the best games I played all year

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

plague of shadows was one of the best games I played all year

Agreed

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
YCG blog update talking about how they designed and redesigned Plague Knight's crafting system: http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/12/crafting-mechanics/

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

About loving time.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I bought Shovel Knight 3ds recently but haven't opened it yet because I have the eshop version.

Does it have the Plague Knight DLC on the cart? How will it handle future DLC?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It should come with Plague Knight from the get-go, yeah.

It'll get all the future content updates, you download them just like with the digital version.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
When do I get to play as King Knight, dammit?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

When do I get to play as King Knight, dammit?

Probably around a year from now.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
gently caress.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
So what if we didn't get coop i guess, we got to greenlight, fund and play shovel knight like a year earlier. Go steam.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Stuff:

-GOG has the game for $10: http://www.gog.com/game/shovel_knight

-online Amiibo manual! http://yachtclubgames.com/sk-amiibo-manual/

-the 2.1 update is live for PAL Wii U/3DS. Patch notes!

quote:

New: Added options to swap confirm/back buttons. Options -> Controls -> Confirm/Back
Adjustment: Swapped the design of two rooms within the Plains of Passage while playing as Plague Knight.
Adjustment: Important: Game-Changer: Megaton: Can now stand on the roof of all houses in the Village.
Fix: The Iron Man 2014 Cheat is back in service! Just enter IM&SGC14 on the profile screen to compete for the highest score in The Lost City. Plague Knight can now take on this challenge with the help of his Treasure Trappings!
Fix: Uncollected Cipher Coins revaled from dirt blocks not re-appearing if moving to a different screen before collecting.
Fix: Reize will drop song scroll center screen if he ends up too far to the screen edge.
Fix: Plague Knight’s money bags being caught off screen if he fell down the right-most pit during Propeller Knight’s battle
Fix: Mr. Hat sometimes appearing off his mark during Plague Knight’s post-credits.
Fix: Smoke bomb and Treasure Knight chest capture bug.
Fix: Minor text improvements across all languages

Nintendo Wii U

New! Introducing the Shovel Knight amiibo! Scan the Shovel Knight amiibo to activate co-op, Custom Knight, and new Challenge Mode Challenges. For instructions, check out the manual.
New: Added option to turn off amiibo Functionality. Options -> Game -> amiibo Functionality

Nintendo 3DS

New! Introducing the Shovel Knight amiibo! Scan the Shovel Knight amiibo to activate Custom Knight, and new Challenge Mode Challenges. For instructions, check out the manual.
New: Added option to turn off amiibo Functionality. Options -> Game -> amiibo Functionality
New: ZL and ZR buttons can now be bound when playing on a New Nintendo 3DS.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Dec 15, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Best Buy has Shovel Knight as deal of the day, $20: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...s=960&keys=keys

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Best Buy has Shovel Knight as deal of the day, $20: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...s=960&keys=keys

Took advantage of this deal today. I was on the fence about what platform to buy for between PC/WiiU/3DS/PS4/Vita but ended up getting the physical edition 3DS one for $16 at Best Buy and I'm really glad I did; the 3D effect is great and having access to items on the touchscreen is convenient.

Now I just have to hope the Amiibo isn't in super limited supply and/or I can manage to get my hands on one.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Parker Lewis posted:

Took advantage of this deal today. I was on the fence about what platform to buy for between PC/WiiU/3DS/PS4/Vita but ended up getting the physical edition 3DS one for $16 at Best Buy and I'm really glad I did; the 3D effect is great and having access to items on the touchscreen is convenient.

Now I just have to hope the Amiibo isn't in super limited supply and/or I can manage to get my hands on one.

Yacht Club has been reassuring everyone that the amiibo will be prevalent. Not to be a Debbie downer, but I'll believe it when I see it...at least they're being open about it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

jivjov posted:

Yacht Club has been reassuring everyone that the amiibo will be prevalent. Not to be a Debbie downer, but I'll believe it when I see it...at least they're being open about it.

I went into a GameStop two days ago and asked to pre-order one, and they wouldn't let me. Kind of an ill omen, I would say

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

JustJeff88 posted:

I went into a GameStop two days ago and asked to pre-order one, and they wouldn't let me. Kind of an ill omen, I would say

Nobody is taking pre-orders yet, and my UK order from Amazon.co.uk keeps getting delayed...

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

JustJeff88 posted:

The manager at my gamestop told me it's store policy not to do preorders on anything but consoles and software, generally speaking.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Sade posted:

The manager at my gamestop told me it's store policy not to do preorders on anything but consoles and software, generally speaking.

Yeah, not taking pre-orders for a doll sounds pretty reasonable.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I've preordered tons of amiibo from GameStop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

jivjov posted:

I've preordered tons of amiibo from GameStop

Same. Not tons, but one or two.

Edit: Mega Man and Pac-Man, to be specific.

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 17, 2015

• Locked thread