Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

What is this? Silent Hill in the fast-food industry? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Pretty sure it's a parody of the billions of rainbow vomit "sparkledogs" that somehow have yet to bring down DeviantArt's servers.

It got a laugh out of me.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

...well, you can't say it isn't creative!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Huszsersvn posted:

Prevailing opinion is that these paraphilias arise as a combination of media exposure and the onset of puberty. Sexual triggers become linked to these odd things because that is what they happen to consume during their sexual awakening.

Autism can be part of the problem: if their fixations on a media property begin early enough and are committed to throughout adolescence, they will inevitably associate it with sexual gratification when the time is right.

It's actually pretty natural for people who are approaching puberty to have strange fixations because they haven't yet gained an understanding of sexuality yet. If a twelve year old was drawing hardcore real sexual fanart or something then that'd actually be an enormous red flag -- any child care worker who saw that would immediately investigate cause that's a sign of molestation. But if you have feedback supporting your weird desires or alternatively never get experience of regular sexuality then you can get some weird poo poo going on there. Which is really harmless tbh, its just weird. Actual poo poo like rape and predation tend to stem from a power fantasy rather than outright attraction.

So now you know.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

HEY DO YOU WANT SOME loving TEA BRO?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Foreverial delitized and loving it

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Composition tip: Show the alternative form second.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I looked up the burger dog to get context and I think it's done in full seriousness. The artist's gallery is full of sparkledog adoptables which she is selling for 30-75 dollars each. Apparently some kid paid a good sum of real money (200 dollars?) for the rights to burger dog's design, while at the same time soliciting donations for veterinary care for their cat. Pure, unfiltered deviantART.

Here's another one of her adoptables. This is a species she made up herself. She says that blunted horns are "rare", so it's worth an extra 15 dollars.

The artist posted:

PLEASE STOP COMING TO MY GALLERY TO STEAL MY poo poo GO AWAY IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT DOING THAT.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
^^^Hell of a goiter on that thing.

Flipped dog has a dick growing out of its back. 1/10 would not pet.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

corn in the bible posted:

It's actually pretty natural for people who are approaching puberty to have strange fixations because they haven't yet gained an understanding of sexuality yet. If a twelve year old was drawing hardcore real sexual fanart or something then that'd actually be an enormous red flag -- any child care worker who saw that would immediately investigate cause that's a sign of molestation. But if you have feedback supporting your weird desires or alternatively never get experience of regular sexuality then you can get some weird poo poo going on there. Which is really harmless tbh, its just weird. Actual poo poo like rape and predation tend to stem from a power fantasy rather than outright attraction.

So now you know.

That makes sense. My own fantasies got real banal once I became sexually active. Not that I was into deli meets and forced tickling by giantess Priuses with crystal hands.

I really tried hard to get all the favorites in there. Go me.

I had a hard time getting the roller coasters in there.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

kinmik posted:

Flipped dog has a dick growing out of its back. 1/10 would not pet.

I just came to that realization before reading your post. Someone paid a lot of money for a premade character concept of a cheeseburger dog with a dick growing out of his back. :froggonk: Only on deviantART, folks. At least for once, this inexplicable character is (probably) not a fetish.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

im pretty sure thats just one of the back legs

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

also this av someone dropped on me is pretty deviantart so i guess now im the king of this thread

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Bottom dog has a penis so when it flips now it's back has a penis. Penisburg dog.

Also that's one of the creepiest Spongebobs I've seen in a while.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Additionally, what's the point of a (bacon) collar if it turns into its super unique and special spooky Alt. form? Is that the point? If you "domesticate" it, it can't devour you in your sleep? I'm putting more thought into this than the person who loving bought that poo poo, that's for sure.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mizuti posted:

I looked up the burger dog to get context and I think it's done in full seriousness. The artist's gallery is full of sparkledog adoptables which she is selling for 30-75 dollars each. Apparently some kid paid a good sum of real money (200 dollars?) for the rights to burger dog's design, while at the same time soliciting donations for veterinary care for their cat. Pure, unfiltered deviantART.

Wait, was that for real money? I figured it was being sold for Deviantart FunBux.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Mizuti posted:

Here's another one of her adoptables. This is a species she made up herself. She says that blunted horns are "rare", so it's worth an extra 15 dollars.

:sigh:

I thought so at first, but the sitting pose confirms otherwise.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Bast Relief posted:

That makes sense. My own fantasies got real banal once I became sexually active. Not that I was into deli meets and forced tickling by giantess Priuses with crystal hands.

I really tried hard to get all the favorites in there. Go me.

I had a hard time getting the roller coasters in there.

Please note that that's not the explanation for all weird fetishes though. The one people usually discuss is feet, which is actually a really common kink that psychologists believe is actually neurological rather than based in upbringing. Some people are just predisposed to strange sexual desires of one kind or another one for reasons that are really nobody's fault.

Brains are weird yo

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Please note that that's not the explanation for all weird fetishes though. The one people usually discuss is feet, which is actually a really common kink that psychologists believe is actually neurological rather than based in upbringing. Some people are just predisposed to strange sexual desires of one kind or another one for reasons that are really nobody's fault.

Brains are weird yo

What about tickling fetishes? I'm overly sensitive to tickling and find it extremely unpleasant. :(

It may not help that one of my earliest memories of dreams as a kid was being tickled nonstop by an anthropomorphic dog and me trying to get it to stop.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

What about tickling fetishes? I'm overly sensitive to tickling and find it extremely unpleasant. :(

It may not help that one of my earliest memories of dreams as a kid was being tickled nonstop by an anthropomorphic dog and me trying to get it to stop.

I have the suspicion that sometimes a negative experience is tied to the negativity and danger around sex. Like excitement over fear has been confused for arousal in studies. It becomes a fetish when you take that fear and then make it a fantasy and control it. It becomes like a rollercoaster.

A rollercoaster with sexy eyes.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Amateur Psychology Time is one of the most boring parts of mock threads

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Natasha's Revenge

by FartFiction, 6 days, 10 hours ago
Literature / Fan Fiction / Humor

Natasha was always made fun of for her bad farting habits. Because of how often she farted she wasn't able to make any friends and school life was hell for her. Even outside of school her life was a pain to live. Other people would fart and blame it on her and everyone would always believe it and bully Natasha. The school's queen bee, Felicity, had the stinkiest farts in the school but she'd always put the blame on Natasha making it even harder for Natasha to make friends. Because of this she'd spend most of her free time online. One day, she told an online friend of her's about her problems with her farts and everyone at school. The person then gave her certain ingredients to make a potion that would turn her into a giantess so she could get revenge. She checked the ingredients to make sure there was nothing toxic and that it wasn't a prank and there wasn't anything bad so she bought the ingredients and mixed them together. She drank the potion she made and noticed a strange feeling through her whole body. She started to grow and before she was too big, she replied thank you to the person who gave the ingredients to her. She was eventually so big that she was seen by the entire city and homes were the only slightly bigger than her teeth. She looked at the city below her and laughed. Finally she could get revenge of this lovely city that looked down on her. She felt her stomach rumbling and she leaned over a little bit and farted. Gas covered the entire city and everyone could smell it. She started walking on the city causing many deaths and wrecking heaps of buildings.
She squatted over and caused a flood of her piss which wiped out half of the city's population. She saw someone who avoided the flood running for his life and she spat on him, killing him in the progress. She then went to the place she hated the most, her school.
"If we're going to die, we should kiss one last time," said Felicia to her boyfriend. Before they could kiss, Natasha picked up Felicia's boyfriend and shoved him up her nose. She then blew him out of her nose and he was covered in snot. Felicia ran away and Natasha grabbed her. She then sneezed on heaps of people killing them and everyone else who was living at the school she just squashed like bugs. Except for Felicia though, Natasha had something very special for her. When the school and everything in the city was destroyed, Natasha put Felicia on the ground and squatted over her. "Dont you dare fart on me! It's my job to fart on you!" Felicia yelled.
Natasha then pushed as hard as she could and heaps quickly, a giant poo poo dropped on Felicia, killing her not from the force of it falling on her, but from the smell.
From now on, Natasha roamed the destroyed city, eating any survivors she finds. People have sent helicopters and tanks to take her down but helicopters could be taken down with a burp and tanks could be taken down by buttcrushing. She was too strong for anything.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I find psychology chat interesting at least. :shrug:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I find psychology chat interesting at least. :shrug:

yea i don't mind it when it's not being used to just be petty and insult another poster the person has a beef with, unless it's goign on for pages and pages

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I, for one, think that posts about DeviantArt craziness have no place here in the-

uh

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

The fact that there isn't another, smaller person in the foot mouth fills me with dissapointment.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Okay I like these.

E: I mean the design. I feel as if that's a white supremacist dog or something. I must be missing something.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 07:17 on Dec 7, 2015

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

If furries looked more like this I would hate them less

Unfortunately they usually look like this

And :nws:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Mizuti posted:

The Star Citizen funding model.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Michaellaneous posted:

The Star Citizen funding model.

I browsed through some of her past sales, and it seems like every batch of those giraffe-dog things has "rare" features that call for a higher price tag. Of course.

What's more useless: the promise of a playable Star Citizen ship, or the exclusive rights to a sparkledog character design? They're both selling an idea that the buyer thinks is totally cool, but it'll probably never get used. The ship has the excuse of being trapped in a game stuck in development hell, but I don't get the adoptables. People on deviantART line up to pay significant amounts of real money for these things (presumably to use them as their own character in art or roleplay?) but from what I've seen, the majority of them just sit there and gather dust. My theory is that this is cargo culting, imitating what popular people are doing on the site without any context.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Mizuti posted:

What I always wonder about these is why anyone doesnt just steal these things. They're not even paying for art, just the concept of a goiterdeer with cat paws with specific colors, so do your own?

Oh so fitting with the thread, the same artist has this in their gallery

Bismuth has a new favorite as of 17:11 on Dec 7, 2015

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Bismuth posted:

What I always wonder about these is why anyone doesnt just steal these things. They're not even paying for art, just the concept of a goiterdeer with cat paws with specific colors, so do your own?

1. The buyers can't draw, because they are teenagers.
2. The people who sell these spin up drama when they have been "stolen", because they are teenagers.
3. This all seems important to them because they are teenagers.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

foobardog posted:

1. The buyers can't draw, because they are teenagers.
2. The people who sell these spin up drama when they have been "stolen", because they are teenagers.
3. This all seems important to them because they are teenagers.

I get the second two, but as for #1, they aren't getting multiple pictures though? Just one picture of that one thing for $30-$75, but there are hundreds of competent artists on DA that would draw 20+ pictures of your stupid sparkle-goiter-monster for the same price. There are seriously people on that site that will draw the same thing as she is with the same skill level for under $5.

I just cant wrap my mind around why anyone with money wouldnt just steal the design/make something really similar, and then go get another artist to draw them up a pile of pics for cheap instead of buying that ONE recolored image.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Bismuth posted:

I get the second two, but as for #1, they aren't getting multiple pictures though? Just one picture of that one thing for $30-$75, but there are hundreds of competent artists on DA that would draw 20+ pictures of your stupid sparkle-goiter-monster for the same price. There are seriously people on that site that will draw the same thing as she is with the same skill level for under $5.

I just cant wrap my mind around why anyone with money wouldnt just steal the design/make something really similar, and then go get another artist to draw them up a pile of pics for cheap instead of buying that ONE recolored image.

It's mostly #2. Artists gossip a bunch, mostly for the sake of letting people know who doesn't finish their work on time or which commissioners don't pay. There are usually whole blogs and tumblrs set up for this. Breaking these rules could really bite you in the rear end later on.

At its most virulent this includes sparkledognapping, and failure to draw minority characters dark enough. Both of which invites harassment and death threats.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

foobardog posted:

It's mostly #2. Artists gossip a bunch, mostly for the sake of letting people know who doesn't finish their work on time or which commissioners don't pay. There are usually whole blogs and tumblrs set up for this. Breaking these rules could really bite you in the rear end later on.

At its most virulent this includes sparkledognapping, and failure to draw minority characters dark enough. Both of which invites harassment and death threats.

I know they all act like catty 12 year old girls, but poo poo I know there are a lot of artists (including me) that would happily rip that person's poo poo off for a discount.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Sold for $50

No that creature is not riding on the dragon's nose that thing IS the dragon's nose.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Bismuth posted:

Sold for $50

No that creature is not riding on the dragon's nose that thing IS the dragon's nose.

Hop to it, noble goon. We used to have a thread in A/T of people talking about their weird commissioners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
These don't seem quite like commissions. The artist is making these on her own and then selling them, with picky rules about what you can do with many of these designs once they're purchased. (The prices would be a lot more reasonable if these were custom commissions.)

• Locked thread