Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I just want to ally now so I can betray them with a good conscience next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

tiistai posted:

I just want to ally now so I can betray them with a good conscience next time.

Exactly. Either this results in a good(-ish) ending and so next time I can say "well, I did the nice thing first, time to be an rear end now," or it results in a bad one and next time I can say "well, I tried to be nice, but that didn't work."

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Either the game continues or the game ends right here and now. I choose to ally, because we all know these two are COMPLETELY TRUSTWORTHY....right?

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Let's ally and get this timeline over with (and then betray immediately after, get this timeline over with, and pick another spot)

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Might as well ally. They're totally betraying us but Ten is an okay guy and he's thinking of Quark so I'll give him a pass. Preventing them from leaving would just lead to Clover running off giggling alone, and as it's been said we're screwed either way.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Casull posted:

Let's ally and get this timeline over with (and then betray immediately after, get this timeline over with, and pick another spot)

at this point I think we should just forego the obvious gameovers

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

DeafNote posted:

at this point I think we should just forego the obvious gameovers

There are some interesting ones though, and I'm thinking of a particular one when I say that.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Poll's a lock for Ally at 78% of 299. Grabbing footage.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

amazing all the people that vote to be good people when the game's name is literally "good people die"

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Bad people die too. It's kind of in the spec for "people".

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Zyla posted:

amazing all the people that vote to be good people when the game's name is literally "good people die"

Ah, but it's also a word pun to mean "I want to be a good person"

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Everybody knows virtue is its own last reward.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Zyla posted:

This is a situation where we're screwed either way, though. Clover's going out that door one way or another, it's just a matter of how many go with her.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zyla posted:

We can time travel though so we won't die even if we are good people.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Sooner or later in the game, I fully expect this line to work against us somehow.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

no, we just have hundreds of doomed alternate universe us'es :(

THINK OF THE OTHER SIGMAS

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Zyla posted:

That depends on the nature of our time travel. If it's similar to Akane-style observations of all possible futures then technically those other universes never happened at all :colbert:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zyla posted:

There are also hundreds of doomed alternate universe everyone else's so it really just balances it out.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
So instead of thinking of the other Sigmas, we can instead think of the dozens (hundreds?) of different instances of all of our fellow game participants, each with their own consciousnesses and experiences, that we murder through nonexistence by deleting the "fake" timelines. Good people die indeed

e: of all the things I thought wouldn't be a damned efb

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Get outta here Flowey

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

how does zero know the code?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dreggon posted:

how does zero know the code?

Zero knows everything, he's Bo Jackson.

90's Reference Man, awaaaaay!

Aug 24, 2011

did zero put the bombs, that is a dick thing to do if he did (if he did not it is ok)

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Dreggon posted:

did zero put the bombs, that is a dick thing to do if he did (if he did not it is ok)

Dio placed the bombs, he admitted as much himself.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Zero is Dio, duh.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Clarste posted:

Zero is Dio, duh.

Why would Dio tell us the bomb codes? we're in this mess because he WONT tell us the bomb codes.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Onmi posted:

Why would Dio tell us the bomb codes? we're in this mess because he WONT tell us the bomb codes.

Except the times when he does.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Clarste posted:

Zero is Dio, duh.

More specifically Future Robot Dio from an alternate timeline

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Dec 8, 2015

Aug 24, 2011

Super Jay Mann posted:

Dio placed the bombs, he admitted as much himself.

the notorious truth teller and all-around good guy

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Seems pretty simple, 999 was about morphagenic sharing of information, this one could be about stealing information from unwilling minds

Aug 24, 2011

i wanna know what K is

does sigma know all the bomb codes yet

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Dreggon posted:

i wanna know what K is

Schrödinger's cat?

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Shieldhill posted:

Schrödinger's cat?

the missing bomb

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Shieldhill posted:

Schrödinger's cat?

I think we can rule this out; Sigma would have been making way more cat puns

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

In all seriousness I'm not sure if that's a super cool concept or a cop out idea. who's under the K-suit? Depends on the timeline... Oh poo poo maybe that's why there's no body for the old woman on some paths. that'd be loving zany.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Poland Spring posted:

the missing bomb

That's actually what's under Quark's hat. hosed up but true

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Dreggon posted:

does sigma know all the bomb codes yet

We don't have #2.

Aug 24, 2011

are the codes Caesar ciphers or just random strings of letters

e: ok i put BQZ RGJ DXR into one and it said CRA SHK EYS i dont know what crash keys means

e2: number 3 LXQ LHC NMR makes MYR MID ONS

e3: why the gently caress is there a number zero bomb? apparently its LXA QNS GDQ which is MYB ROT HER

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Dec 9, 2015

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Dreggon posted:

are the codes Caesar ciphers or just random strings of letters

e: ok i put BQZ RGJ DXR into one and it said CRA SHK EYS i dont know what crash keys means

e2: number 3 LXQ LHC NMR makes MYR MID ONS

e3: why the gently caress is there a number zero bomb? apparently its LXA QNS GDQ which is MYB ROT HER

My brother, Crash, keys [something] Myrmidons? :v:
(Probably all four (or five? do we know there's not a number 4 bomb?) codes will need to be rearranged again, anyway, so I suppose guessing won't do us any good.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
That make a lot of sense actually. It's easier to remember a phrase plus an offset than 4 sets of 9 random letters. Especially if, as it appears, the offset is just +1 for each of them.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 9, 2015

• Locked thread