Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

iwentdoodie posted:

I think I have a problem.

I'm seriously trying to justify 20k on a god drat motorcycle.

I could literally buy a used car AND bike AND get the GTI done for less than that.

But oh god so sexy.

Edit: also LSx everything.

Is the bike a super duke? Then you know the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

mariooncrack posted:

I don't want to feed the ls1 swap fire more but I found this video really interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFDBZpg627o
Halfway through the video, still waiting for the interesting part.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

El Jebus posted:

Is the bike a super duke? Then you know the answer.

S1000RR.

Super Duke doesn't fit me right, sadly :( I loving love it, but the air coming over the fairing hits me square in the chest and makes it super uncomfortable to ride above 50.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

thank gently caress im done with my last* homework assignment of the semester, now its just studying for finals and games to decompress

*technically I've got one more due tonight but thanks to that spreadsheet i know that not only would it not impact my grade at all below like 60%, but even if i get a 100 on it id need a 91 on the final to get an A overall. OTOH by being lazy now i can still get a B with a 71 on the final or a C with a 38, and that's before a curve (which he's hinted at but not quite committed to, and this new grading scheme may just be the implementation of that) but regardless imma be lazy tonight and study for the final tomorrow

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Is there a different centre that serves the same purpose he could go to? Might make life easier if there are two options.
There are a number of options, but aren't in the same neighbourhood. We are hoping in some way that his Alzheimer's is bad enough for him to forget about that place

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

moving some of my unplayed (or at least underplayed) games back to the mechanical hard drive, I am really feeling the pain of being speed capped, either by the HDD or the fact my motherboard only has SATA 2 ports on it.

When I finally do a proper build it'll be SSDs all the way and whatever the fastest ports are at that time

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

lol double post because I can't see the one directly above me to edit it

tangentially related, I've never played bioshock 1 or 2 despite owning them because I couldn't get them to run on windows 7 (haven't tried since upgrading to 10 but i assume it's the same)

e: and NOW the post shows up. THANK YOU KING LOW TAX FOR THE MAGNIFICENT LIFE OF CLOUD FORUMS

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

S1000RR.

Super Duke doesn't fit me right, sadly :( I loving love it, but the air coming over the fairing hits me square in the chest and makes it super uncomfortable to ride above 50.

Why don't you get another ZXR? You could probably find a really nice one cheap. Or get a B King :getin:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

iwentdoodie posted:

I'm seriously trying to justify 20k on a god drat motorcycle.
Edit: also LSx everything.

LS7 motorcycle.

Also one hell of a life insurance policy, since the most likely outcome of this combination will end in "splat". But it'll be a hell of a fun 10 seconds.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 9, 2015

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Enourmo posted:

moving some of my unplayed (or at least underplayed) games back to the mechanical hard drive, I am really feeling the pain of being speed capped, either by the HDD or the fact my motherboard only has SATA 2 ports on it.

When I finally do a proper build it'll be SSDs all the way and whatever the fastest ports are at that time

I can't wait till 1+ TB ones are cheap enough to justify buying

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Why don't you get another ZXR? You could probably find a really nice one cheap. Or get a B King :getin:

It would feel weird, honestly.

And I wish I could FIND a god drat B King. Last time I looked, I found exactly one within 750 miles. Such an absurd loving bike.

I wish Kawi made a standardized version of the ZX14.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It is absurd and worth owning because of it.

You should look into the new Vmax, it looks pretty fuckin rad.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Enourmo posted:

I store all my media and games on my mechanical 2 TBs in my laptop, the only things on my SSD are my development tools and my OS.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

It is absurd and worth owning because of it.

You should look into the new Vmax, it looks pretty fuckin rad.

It is, but the price reflects it. New it's solidly past 20, and they're hard to find used.

Plus it's worse than a Diavel, for about the same money.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

When I was a kid I read Cycle World religiously and I remember them taking a Vmax (this is in the late 80's) putting a drag slick and wheelie bars on it and getting 9 seconds in the 1/4 mile. I was loving astonished and have wanted one ever since, but after riding one it scared the poo poo out of me.

[e] holy poo poo I found it: http://www.zl-oa.com/forums/showthread.php?9552-zl900-Cycle-World-March-87-quot-Taking-it-to-the-Nines-quot

9.69 @ 135 with carbs re jetted and headers.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 9, 2015

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
That's loving awesome. My bro in law had a modded VMAX for awhile and it was hilarious fun. Once the secondaries opened the sound it made was godlike.

Also now you have me looking at B Kings. gently caress. But the closest one I can find is 1200 miles away :v:

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

leica posted:

When I was a kid I read Cycle World religiously and I remember them taking a Vmax (this is in the late 80's) putting a drag slick and wheelie bars on it and getting 9 seconds in the 1/4 mile. I was loving astonished and have wanted one ever since, but after riding one it scared the poo poo out of me.

[e] holy poo poo I found it: http://www.zl-oa.com/forums/showthread.php?9552-zl900-Cycle-World-March-87-quot-Taking-it-to-the-Nines-quot

9.69 @ 135 with carbs re jetted and headers.

Well when you think about it, a bike is just the result of taking Lotus' philosophy to its logical conclusion...

2 wheels is simpler and lighter than 4 :v:

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

S1000RR.

Friend of mine bought a demo S1000RR, and in unlocking it, they unlocked track mode. No limiter at all. He sold it a year later because he was continually going too fast, and wanted to see his kids grow up.

Now he just does amateur track racing on an R6. :D

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

CommieGIR posted:

I store all my media and games on my mechanical 2 TBs in my laptop, the only things on my SSD are my development tools and my OS.

Yeah, but the only grown-up stuff I run at the moment is the OS and Solidworks which take up a whopping like 17GB altogether, gotta justify getting a 250GB SSD over a 125 somehow, right? :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

That's loving awesome. My bro in law had a modded VMAX for awhile and it was hilarious fun. Once the secondaries opened the sound it made was godlike.

Also now you have me looking at B Kings. gently caress. But the closest one I can find is 1200 miles away :v:

Yeah the secondaries is what scared the poo poo out of me, nobody warned me and it about threw me off the bike which was dumb on their part (my uncles friend) because i had just started riding (was 17 or 18) and probably should have died or been permanently disabled that day. I got over wanting one pretty quick after that, and the fastest bike I ended up ever owning was an '86 GSXR 750 which didn't come close to a Vmax. All the bikes I've owned have been small bikes for the most part.

I'd still ride the gently caress out of a B King tho.

[e] with aftermarket exhaust because the stock mufflers are ridiculous.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Dec 9, 2015

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I just got a $50 Amazon giftcard from, well, Amazon, for being one of the first to sign up to do deliveries for them out here.

That will cover most of the cost of a Samsung Evo 850 250GB. Which means the older 120GB Evo 840 currently in my desktop can get dropped into another computer. It'll also cover most of the cost of a 120GB, but it's about a $15 difference between 120 and 250 GB, it'd be stupid to get the 120.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
120 isn't enough for a main drive IMO unless you put no games on it

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

literally a fish posted:

2 wheels is simpler and lighter than 4 :v:

Unless its a harley.

Fuckers weigh more than everything in this picture, and the goon taking it.

I also want that sticker for the bus SO loving BAD.

E: VVV: I GOT FIVE GUYS, FEET, AND OR FISTS FOR YOU BEBE

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Dec 9, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: ATTENTION AUTOMOTIVE INSANITY, IT IS NOW TIME FOR YOUR SCHEDULED MONTHLY FIVE GUYS DERAIL. THINK HOW BADLY YOU NEED FIVE GUYS INSIDE YOU RIGHT NOW. ONLY A DOUBLE FISTFUL OF FIVE GUYS GREASY MEAT BETWEEN TWO BUNS AND ALL THE NUTS YOU COULD EVER NEED SHOVED RIGHT DOWN YOUR THROAT CAN SATISFY YOU. YOU loving ANIMALS. :siren:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
gently caress youuuuuuuu :argh:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

:siren: ATTENTION AUTOMOTIVE INSANITY, IT IS NOW TIME FOR YOUR SCHEDULED MONTHLY FIVE GUYS DERAIL. THINK HOW BADLY YOU NEED FIVE GUYS INSIDE YOU RIGHT NOW. ONLY A DOUBLE FISTFUL OF FIVE GUYS GREASY MEAT BETWEEN TWO BUNS AND ALL THE NUTS YOU COULD EVER NEED SHOVED RIGHT DOWN YOUR THROAT CAN SATISFY YOU. YOU loving ANIMALS. :siren:

i said this on facebook but gently caress you for posting this 2 hours after 5 guys closed in my time zone

i was even craving a burger earlier but was busy with school bullshit

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I ate there a couple weeks ago, and it was great as always.

I just got home after being at work for 18 hours tho so

Raluek posted:

gently caress youuuuuuuu :argh:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

THE CHEESE IS OOOZIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJFdCmN98s

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Glad to know I'm not the only one who goes to this at the first mention of 5 Guys.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Yeah the secondaries is what scared the poo poo out of me, nobody warned me and it about threw me off the bike which was dumb on their part (my uncles friend) because i had just started riding (was 17 or 18) and probably should have died or been permanently disabled that day. I got over wanting one pretty quick after that, and the fastest bike I ended up ever owning was an '86 GSXR 750 which didn't come close to a Vmax. All the bikes I've owned have been small bikes for the most part.

I'd still ride the gently caress out of a B King tho.

[e] with aftermarket exhaust because the stock mufflers are ridiculous.

Yeah, I lack that survival instinct. I grew up on two strokes, and usually ones that were too big for me.

I prefer awesome handling bikes generally, but more power is always fun. Especially from something that looks as if it should never be fast.

For reference, I had a YZ125 when I was 9, a 250 when I was 12, and a bored out Banshee and a basket case CR500 when I was 14 :v: Insane power bands are my drug.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah, I lack that survival instinct. I grew up on two strokes, and usually ones that were too big for me.

I prefer awesome handling bikes generally, but more power is always fun. Especially from something that looks as if it should never be fast.

For reference, I had a YZ125 when I was 9, a 250 when I was 12, and a bored out Banshee and a basket case CR500 when I was 14 :v: Insane power bands are my drug.

Go CR500, BBK and stuff it into an aluminum 250 frame? :D

I've a friend with a pair of RRs. out of his fleet of 6 or 7 bikes, those are his favorites.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

The one here closed half an hour ago! drat you! :toughguy:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Chaos Reigns

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

this rock in the pit o my stomach does not seem to be soluble in alcohol

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tommychu posted:

this rock in the pit o my stomach does not seem to be soluble in alcohol

TRY HARDER.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Woah wait hold up are we getting food or did I show up for the right party for once

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007
EDIT - you're a loving ninja. Does that shirt say anal only or am I seeing things???

Also, 4 cylinder first gen Colorado/Canyon - any big issues? Do hey have the stupid electro-whatever clutch fan that eh I6 atlas does?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Timmy Cruise posted:

EDIT - you're a loving ninja. Does that shirt say anal only or am I seeing things???

Haha, drat you had good timing. Might as well repost it here for the three of you who don't obsessively F5 the AI first page for real time posting updates. It was just a picture of some dude I ran into a couple years back and I loved his shirt, as you so pointed out. I was like hey man sweet shirt there, mind if I grab a pic with you so I can remember it?

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Enourmo posted:

Yeah, but the only grown-up stuff I run at the moment is the OS and Solidworks which take up a whopping like 17GB altogether, gotta justify getting a 250GB SSD over a 125 somehow, right? :v:

Get a 500GB, they're only $150. Enough to be an OS and games drive.

Someone talk me out of a Moto X Pure.
My USB port just took a poo poo on my N5, I need a replacement phone asap. Caveats, I'm on Sprint, and would prefer to make payments on the phone. Motorola is currently offering interest free zero down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Timmy Cruise posted:

Does that shirt say anal only or am I seeing things???

looks like anal oval office

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_Cunt

out of gin, might have better luck with rye

• Locked thread