Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Pan Dulce posted:

It was pushed back, along with Agent Carter, for an episode. The return date is March 15, 2016

That must have just happened, because Clark Gregg and Chole Bennet were tweeting it was March 8 earlier today. Or they didn't get the memo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Kheldarn posted:

Or they didn't get the memo...

Why would they? It's pretty clear that the people who watch this show will follow it where it goes. The network will see no real difference in the audience they actually care about if they move it around the schedule.

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004
Was fake Will's leg decaying? It was just bone? So this creature can take over dead bodies, but not stop their decay? Does this mean Ward is only temporarily back? So many questions...

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

My theory is the creature takes over dead bodies in the form they are. I'm guessing Will died with a damaged/broken/decaying leg. Hell maybe even in his loving sleep and the entity took over from there. Ward's body seems to have retained some of the injuries he had when Coulson killed him.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Wait, I just read the article it came from. Carter was pushed back, but they're not sure if S.H.I.E.L.D. will be too.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/12/02/agent-carter-premiere-moves-back-2-weeks-for-state-of-the-union/

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Ward was a monster that needed to be put down. I'm sure the team would be completely fine if he told them

Let's not forget, Ward left Fitz and Simmons to die in the ocean in that container he ejected. He assassinated Rosalind, in addition to torturing Bobbi and Simmons, amongst other horrible things

It was the timing and the fact Ward was already beaten. Fitz is yelling at Coulson to leave him and they have to go, and Coulson takes the time to slowly and painfully kill Ward. He was more concerned with revenge at that moment than making sure they got back.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Half season was good. Enjoyed it. Moved so fast, which was amazing.

Caving Ward's chest in was badass as fuuuuuck. I did think, "but his super-hand is just a hand..." but I excused that by thinking that his fingers were doing the work. Crunch.

Also stop arguing about whose bad TV-show cgi is better. All shows have their merits. You're all pretty.

(for the record, AoS's pilot reportedly cost $14 million but the budgets shrunk significantly after. Would not be surprised to know they're around $2-3 million per episode. A decent chunk of that is probably taken up by their guest stars. Flash/Arrow are estimated around the same. Supergirl's pilot was also at $14 million, but being on CBS, I'd guess it carries a slightly higher budget week-to-week.)

Pan Dulce posted:

Wait, I just read the article it came from. Carter was pushed back, but they're not sure if S.H.I.E.L.D. will be too.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/12/02/agent-carter-premiere-moves-back-2-weeks-for-state-of-the-union/

I thought they doubled up the premiere (and it wasn't originally intended to be a 2 hour premiere) and bet they'll double up the finale, too.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
What I want to know is when is the show going to stop pretending Fitz isn't a stone-cold badass? This is like the second supposedly-unbeatable superhuman he has just loving smoked.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spergatory posted:

What I want to know is when is the show going to stop pretending Fitz isn't a stone-cold badass? This is like the second supposedly-unbeatable superhuman he has just loving smoked.

Spring season needs to have Simmons looking for Fitz and finds him beating the poo poo out of May and Mack and then he turns around and says something incredibly endearing and nerdy and we'll be all, "We knew it!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I am perfectly fine with Darth Coulson smooshing Ward's heart and I get the feeling everyone else's reaction in March is going to be "Why didn't you just bring him back? No, seriously, because I wanted to shoot him too. We could've aimed away from vitals and all taken turns. :smith:"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah I dunno why anyone would be against Coulson killing Ward, even in anger? That was his entire mission. They're gonna be telling that story at office parties.

Welllll he did kill him fairly similarly to the way that Nazi stabbed that guy to death in Saving Private Ryan. It's a little hosed up.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

zoux posted:

Welllll he did kill him fairly similarly to the way that Nazi stabbed that guy to death in Saving Private Ryan. It's a little hosed up.

Yeah, except Coulson wasn't whispering creepily in German the whole time.

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 10, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I trust Brett Dalton to do a good job with this new character but I'm really going to miss the Ward of the past season and a half.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Poor planet monster will go insane because he cannot stand having all of Wards memories.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I know he voiced him and the character model was made in his likeness, but with that zombie makeup, he looks a hell of a lot more like his Until Dawn character, Mike.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress, he does too... creepy

Woden
May 6, 2006

zoux posted:

I trust Brett Dalton to do a good job with this new character but I'm really going to miss the Ward of the past season and a half.

Nah, he needs to die I don't want another Sylar situation.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The MSJ posted:

Poor planet monster will go insane because he cannot stand having all of Wards memories.

"I can't remember if I shot the dog or not. "

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Codependent Poster posted:

"I can't remember if I shot the dog or not. "

There wasn't much shooting.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Pretty disappointing episode, and I say that as someone who has been raving about this show to everyone I know. We were promised a "Winter Soldier-level midseason reveal" and the episode fell way, way short of that.

I know people like Brett Dalton, but I think this was his time to finally die and leave the show. It had a great setup, especially with his earlier speech that he had finally started to believe and found meaning.

Also, I'm not sure how an "alien god" that's thousands of years old and has desolated an entire planet loses a brawl against Fitz. Maybe he was just a carrier for the alien slug thing or whatever, and is going to infect Earth, but that's too much of a rip-off of Dreamcatcher.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah I dunno why anyone would be against Coulson killing Ward, even in anger? That was his entire mission. They're gonna be telling that story at office parties.

Maybe it was actually seeing Coulson do something so brutal. I know I was kinda shocked that he would crush a guy's rib cage.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

enraged_camel posted:

Pretty disappointing episode, and I say that as someone who has been raving about this show to everyone I know. We were promised a "Winter Soldier-level midseason reveal" and the episode fell way, way short of that.

I know people like Brett Dalton, but I think this was his time to finally die and leave the show. It had a great setup, especially with his earlier speech that he had finally started to believe and found meaning.

Also, I'm not sure how an "alien god" that's thousands of years old and has desolated an entire planet loses a brawl against Fitz. Maybe he was just a carrier for the alien slug thing or whatever, and is going to infect Earth, but that's too much of a rip-off of Dreamcatcher.

It doesn't lose to Fitz. It's about to kill him before Coulson saves Fitz. Then it's more concerned with getting to the portal which allows Fitz to unload everything he can find info it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Caper posted:

Maybe it was actually seeing Coulson do something so brutal. I know I was kinda shocked that he would crush a guy's rib cage.
I just think Fitz has become too...well, too badass to let something like that bother him very much, especially after the way Ward tortured Simmons. And I think this show has proven that it can be pretty sophisticated about this sort of thing instead of having a drawn-out "I'm angry at you for being angry!" plot.

Though the thing where everyone was mad at Hunter was annoying, as folks mentioned.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

BrianWilly posted:

I just think Fitz has become too...well, too badass to let something like that bother him very much, especially after the way Ward tortured Simmons. And I think this show has proven that it can be pretty sophisticated about this sort of thing instead of having a drawn-out "I'm angry at you for being angry!" plot.

Though the thing where everyone was mad at Hunter was annoying, as folks mentioned.

Did you see the way Fitz looked at Coulson at the very end? That's what it looked like to me. Although I hope you're right, that the show would be above it. Especially with how well this season as been going (IMO)

I forgot, did Hunter say anything along the lines of, "Oh, so when you go on a revenge quest it's okay?"

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

That look was more like a thank-you look to me. Fitz had every reason to kill Ward. He must be feeling very grateful that Coulson finished the job. If he isn't, he should be.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Caper posted:

Yeah, I mean, when we first met Coulson back in Iron Man 1, he was kind of, well..he seemed more of a bureaucrat than super-spy.

Then in Avengers he got the big-rear end gun. And that was dope as hell.

Then he came back from the dead to kick rear end and chew gum.

edit: Honestly, that gun should just be Coulson's default side-arm. When you shoot down a literal god with it, I think you've earned the right.

Oh. So that's what's gonna take down NegaWard.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Hunter is gonna cop such an asswhoopin' when they hear of Wardgod.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Once Coulson saw Fitz in the distance, I have no idea why he just didn't shoot Ward there and then. My partner & I were watching it, yelling "SHOOT HIM! NOW!! IN THE HEAD!!" The chest crush. Eh. And he's coming back... really...

I do wish the show kept Rosaline around. There seemed to be a fair bit of wasted potential, even to keep her on as recurring, doing her own thing. Because Amy Acker from S1 has totally been forgotten by now.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hydra God didn't seem phased by dead folk... why would the hole in the head stop it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Oh. So that's what's gonna take down NegaWard.

Every main badguy in the series should be taken down by the gun he used on Garrett, regardless of how much sense it makes at the time

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

If HydraGod didn't take over Ward's body, it could've taken any of the other dead Hydra Spec Ops guys (who have bodies in much better condition!)

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is nice to see:

quote:

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (9-10pm – 4.8 million and 1.7/5 in AD18-49): At 9pm, ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. tied CBS’ NCIS: New Orleans in Adults 18-49 and will move ahead once playback is included. S.H.I.E.L.D. spiked over its May finale (on 5/12/15) in Total Viewers (+23% – 4.8 million vs. 3.9 million) and Adults 18-49 (+31% – 1.7/5 vs. 1.3/4), marking its best results since its December winter finale on 12/9/14. In addition, it topped the CBS drama and Scream Queens as the #1 scripted program in the hour with Men 18-34 and Men 18-49.

Maybe people are finally giving it another shot.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
weird grant ward fanclub out in force.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The #standwithward hashtag has some really weird people
It must be a strange experience as an actor.

Oasx fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Dec 10, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
tumblr gotta tumbl

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, #standwithward people are really goddamn weird. They're all for Ward being the victim here, and how it's really not his fault he's killed all these people.

Onean posted:

Not exactly what you're looking for, but :allears:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Today I watched a show about some human folks going through a liquid portal to another planet where they fought a snake-like parasite that takes over peoples bodies.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Caper posted:

It was a total Giles moment and immediately after that scene, my wife looked at me and said "So are we going to get an episode where it turns out Anthony Stewart Head plays a character who trained Coulson to just stone cold lean down and take the life of a bad guy who's already beaten?"

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Mymla posted:

Today I watched a show about some human folks going through a liquid portal to another planet where they fought a snake-like parasite that takes over peoples bodies.

So, yeah. Doesn't the fact that we are talking about a slug parasite that possesses human corpses make it a non-(in)human? Or does it still fall within the generic definition of inhuman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Maybe it used to be a person but got Terrigenisised into legally-distinct Mister Mind.

• Locked thread