Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Also I'm going to make a skald cause they are king in 1v1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorka
Aug 18, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I don't have the courage to endure AT with a minstrel on a PvP server.

I remember mordred SBs could wield alb swords as LA without penalties at some point, I wonder if Lethantis devs thought about this.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Lethantis should be up in an hour or so. 20 CET. If you'd like to group or form that stealth guild, hit me up on steam, same name.

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

Kazvall posted:

Lethantis should be up in an hour or so. 20 CET. If you'd like to group or form that stealth guild, hit me up on steam, same name.

I'm thinking of giving this a whirl too. I know buffbots are not allowed but is there any way to get buffs solo, with potions or something?

I keep thinking a ranger with self buffs would be great... and a minstrel with speed would be great. I'm too indecisive.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Grogard logs into daoc, it was the buff its that ruined this game. Rofl.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Biggz posted:

I'm thinking of giving this a whirl too. I know buffbots are not allowed but is there any way to get buffs solo, with potions or something?

I keep thinking a ranger with self buffs would be great... and a minstrel with speed would be great. I'm too indecisive.

I'm only level 21 on my SB but god drat this server is loving great.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

You need to download the client from the Lethantis launcher or Lethantis.net in order to play. And use their launcher to launch the game.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I downloaded the launcher and patched the game a few days ago, now the launcher says I have version 1.27 but doesn't seem to be doing anything to update to 1.28

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I have set up the lethantis channel in CTS mumble.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
How is Lethantis so far?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

im gay posted:

How is Lethantis so far?

Been about 60-90 players during peak. I have a stealth guild formed, and we are discovering who our enemies are. I expect more people on today. It's madness and a lot of fun.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
Finally in as shareholder, Lash, and brainmeat for various things

fromsinkingsands
Oct 10, 2005

Gotta find Jason.

nousername posted:

Finally in as shareholder, Lash, and brainmeat for various things

Came across you today!

So far Lethantis has been pretty fun all things considered. Running around as Orestes the Hunter (does this class get better?)

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Damnit Orestes I asked in region if you had stairs in your house and you never answered. I can get people into guild later. We have a lethantis channel in CTS mumble,.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Is Lethantis insta-50 or how does this server work?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Mux posted:

Is Lethantis insta-50 or how does this server work?

Gotta level!

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Kazvall posted:

Gotta level!

Is it 1x XP?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Mux posted:

Is it 1x XP?

200% to 20, 150% otherwise.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
Server is pretty cool so far. Up to 28 on a bard. PvP gives so much xp. Got 1.9 levels doing a suicide chain after my group called it quits last night.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Kazvall posted:

200% to 20, 150% otherwise.

Even with these buffs it will take a good while to level. lol.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Even with these buffs it will take a good while to level. lol.

We had 50s on day 5, and I'm level 40.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

I almost want to play if you guys are running a stealth gank group, but then I remember how painful leveling solo was pre-instances. Especially as a stealther...with no buffbot.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

It's Mordred grouping. People advertise level and hardly class til 40+. Never solo.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Kazvall posted:

People advertise level and hardly class til 40+.

wut

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Lvl 30 lfg

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo
No yeah he's right. Leveling sucks major rear end. It's cool if you can get a group but people will still roll up on you and gank you no matter the level. Not good for the long term pop of the server but whatever.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I didn't mind leveling on Mordred as me and my crew always found this perfect little back-alley location no soul would ever visit.
But I imagine with only the frontiers available this will be horrible. Especially around level 30-35 when you start turning green to lvl 50's.

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

Yeah that's a really good point. And without a hastener or a class with speed no one is going to want to venture out too far and see what else is out there in their level range. I just realized what I'm posting in favor of is a straight up blue server, so that's good for me.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Well, with this map (which I think is fine) I would have been more interested if it was RvR rules instead of Mordred rules.
The beauty of Mordred was being able to fight (read: gank) anywhere. The frontiers were usually the calmer place on Mordred.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Dear Sergio posted:

No yeah he's right. Leveling sucks major rear end. It's cool if you can get a group but people will still roll up on you and gank you no matter the level. Not good for the long term pop of the server but whatever.

It;'s pvp, lol.

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

Yeah, I walked right into that one. But if you want people to pvp against and continue to pvp against it's probably not the best idea to camp their spawns and exp areas right?

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

Dear Sergio posted:

Yeah, I walked right into that one. But if you want people to pvp against and continue to pvp against it's probably not the best idea to camp their spawns and exp areas right?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's why so-called hardcore pvp games/servers/rulesets fail: the population cannibalizes itself.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Set your hopes a little lower and also realize the server has been open for less than a week. There's always that lovely group in every game that uses exploits or bullshit to level, but over half the guild is getting closer to 50 and we have more and better players. So, soon we will own them.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

We have all the stealthers in our guild and will own all three stealth keeps 24/7

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Dear Sergio posted:

The lovely people who grey gank are all KoS to most of the guilds, they will get there's in time.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's why so-called hardcore pvp games/servers/rulesets fail: the population cannibalizes itself.

Its like if you had a choice to go to Disney land where you most likely wont die, or you go to monster island where monsters jump onto the boat and disembowel you. Its the wild star of pvp.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Just hit 10 on a keen Ranger named Mora. Where are goons?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Find someone in Midnight Fenrir to invite you. But I think i saw you last night?

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Is it a goon guild or is it pubbies too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Unctuous Cretin posted:

Is it a goon guild or is it pubbies too?

Pubbies too. If it were only goons we'd have like 5 or 6 people and no one would be able to level, ha-ha.

• Locked thread