Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

greatn posted:

Yeah one of the three shows would have to set up there being multiple worlds first or something.

Hm I wonder what show is dealing with that right now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

BreakAtmo posted:

THAT would be awful, but the current season of The Flash is all about dimensional breaches leading to the alternate Earth-2. There's no reason why Supergirl can't be set on Earth-5 or some poo poo.

All the breaches in Flash lead to Earth 2 though.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Tiggum posted:

For now!!

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Tiggum posted:

So? They can come up with any number of excuses for an entirely different breach to be opened by someone on any one of the 3 shows

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Between superpowers, super science, speed force, and magic, it would be trivially easy to handwave a reason to have the two meet. The dimensional rifts are already a thing on The Flash. The real trick is going to be having it make sense and not seem jarring, arbitrary, or nonsensical from the perspective of the people who only watch Supergirl.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
We already have 2 linked shows which have spun off into another show (and wasted a bunch of air time setting that up) - do we really need all 3 of those linking into this one (which is on a different network run by different people)?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Yes, goddamnit.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Mr Beens posted:

We already have 2 linked shows which have spun off into another show (and wasted a bunch of air time setting that up) - do we really need all 3 of those linking into this one (which is on a different network run by different people)?

We are going for peak nerd, don't you understand that.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Let's not forget that we also have a dude who can basically phase between universes.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I don't understand why a crossover would be considered bad. Like, it just doesn't process for me. It might not be The Best Thing Ever but it wouldn't be a bad thing by any metric.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BreakAtmo posted:

THAT would be awful, but the current season of The Flash is all about dimensional breaches leading to the alternate Earth-2. There's no reason why Supergirl can't be set on Earth-5 or some poo poo.

Supergirl Season 2: Holy poo poo where'd this telepathic gorilla come from :derp:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mortanis posted:

I don't understand why a crossover would be considered bad. Like, it just doesn't process for me. It might not be The Best Thing Ever but it wouldn't be a bad thing by any metric.

I was watching S1 of the Flash without catching up on Arrow, and I was struggling to care about Felicity's boyfriend the whole time.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Supergirl should have an entire episode with King Shark, and have a B plot about Cat Grant dealing with a "budget." :smug:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Krrrrryptonite daggers!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I want an ice bucket filled with M&M's.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"Um... this one!"

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Weird side thought: How bad would insurance premiums be in a city there one of the Supes lived?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Krypton was apparently a planet of eternal lens flare.

And dang, Benoist is knocking this stuff out of the park.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Missed the first forty-five minutes putting up Christmas lights :buddy:

Didn't miss anything important did I?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

"If I wanted to have sex with a beach boy I'd still be sleeping with John Stamos."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
CAT KNOWS

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

So good.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Mindwipe her J'onn do it

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
AGGGGHHH

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Wait are you serious that's how the mid-season ends

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I think that was my favorite episode of the show to date.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
That was the best episode of the show.

How did Cat figure out Kara was Supergirl when she worked with Clark for years and never figured it out. It would have been better if her line was " I guess Clark's your cousin"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Astra / Kara fight scene was good by TV standards. Even the brawl at the end was decent.

Haha that one DEO guy who got blue eye lasered to death.

:rip:? the 2 kryptonian guys. The one who got a chest full of kryptonite energy weapon and the other one who ate a face full of hot lead or whatever. I did like that they had some other aliens from the prison working with them.

Smartest person on earth.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The episode hasn't hit here yet (over on the Left Coast), but I'm curious, does Henshaw say *why* he's adamant that Supergirl not find out about him? If anyone's gonna understand what you're going through...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bruceski posted:

The episode hasn't hit here yet (over on the Left Coast), but I'm curious, does Henshaw say *why* he's adamant that Supergirl not find out about him? If anyone's gonna understand what you're going through...

"I got a bet going with Kal. $20 says it'll take her longer than a month to find out."

God drat that was a good episode. The fight scene with Vastra was... holy poo poo. That's how you do Kryptonian fights—big, goofy, overblown, and mysteriously no one gets hurt by the carnage. :allears: Also J'onn just keeps getting better. His gently caress YOU IMMA MARTIAN moment followed by blasting a dude through the chest with kryptonite lasers.

Sorry to the people who said this series would suck. There's still room left on the bandwagon, it's not too late :smug:

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 15, 2015

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

There's a good chance that every series regular will know Henshaws secret before Kara. Including her boss.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

adhuin posted:

There's a good chance that every series regular will know Henshaws secret before Kara. Including her boss.

I want Cat to know every secret already and reveal it in the sassiest manner possible.

;-* Ooooh, you're from Mars. Please. I eat enough M&Ms I practically own Mars.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Okay caught up on the forty-five minutes that I missed and yea, this was a super solid episode.

Special effects on this show are so consistently top-notch. It looks like they just ganked MoS's storyboards for that aerial sequence (I mean that as a compliment). The only kinda dumb-looking part was when Non was throwing all those agents off himself.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Vexingly, this show seems to be getting much better just in the last two episodes. If this was the midseason finale, then I hope this trend continues after the break.

And maybe I'm one of the only ones, but I felt something seemed really visually off about the close-up aerial parts in the Kara/Astra fight. Also, that piece of wall that looked like a prototypical brick wall.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

Okay caught up on the forty-five minutes that I missed and yea, this was a super solid episode.

Special effects on this show are so consistently top-notch. It looks like they just ganked MoS's storyboards for that aerial sequence (I mean that as a compliment). The only kinda dumb-looking part was when Non was throwing all those agents off himself.

Speaking of MoS, I guess this is in a different universe since Kara says "Superman doesn't kill anyone" :v:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
This just in : glasses are not actually a good disguise.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

See, if a MALE boss ordered her to take off her glasses while drinking alone on the balcony, we'd be looking at a harassment lawsuit.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

sbaldrick posted:

That was the best episode of the show.

How did Cat figure out Kara was Supergirl when she worked with Clark for years and never figured it out. It would have been better if her line was " I guess Clark's your cousin"

Cat's known at least since Kara had a cold and Cat stated "You never get sick".

ded posted:

This just in : glasses are not actually a good disguise.

Oh don't start that again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F4759XtejU

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

That was actually a really good episode? Either they're finally hitting their stride, or this is where the Stockholm syndrome that made me watch 3.5 seasons of Arrow kicks in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I actually enjoyed this episode more than the last, which is insane because last episode was the martian manhunter reveal episode.

• Locked thread