Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
hey we should get that guy in here who thinks that people don't make moral judgements about people with substance abuse problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Cat Face Joe posted:

aww, you've never met a blue collar functioning alcoholic
you're serious

my god

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Al! posted:

hey we should get that guy in here who thinks that people don't make moral judgements about people with substance abuse problems

they're different than the moral judgements they make about crazy people. sometimes worse, sometimes better

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Bhodi posted:

you're serious

my god

i used to drink 3/4 of a fifth of whiskey nightly. sometimes on a bad night I'd finish the bottle and go out and get beer

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Al! posted:

i used to drink 3/4 of a fifth of whiskey nightly. sometimes on a bad night I'd finish the bottle and go out and get beer

okay, how do you define a fifth? i knew somebody in college who said it was 200 milliliters of booze, but i've also read that it's closer to 750, because it's a fifth of a gallon or something, not a fifth of a liter

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

prefect posted:

okay, how do you define a fifth? i knew somebody in college who said it was 200 milliliters of booze, but i've also read that it's closer to 750, because it's a fifth of a gallon or something, not a fifth of a liter

it's about 750

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Bhodi posted:

you're serious

my god

alcoholism is some really cool stuff, highly recommend having an alcoholic family member, tons of fun

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Al! posted:

it's about 750

that's a lot of drinking; i hope you're doing better now

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
how could people possibly give a poo poo about pot when there are people doing that to themselves? :smith:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

prefect posted:

In the late nineteenth century, liquor was often sold in bottles which appeared to hold a quart (32 fl oz) but in fact contained 2, 3, or 4 fluid ounces less than a quart and were called "fifths",[2] short quarts, or commercial quarts.[3]

A quart or one fifth of a gallon was a common legal threshold for the difference between selling by the drink and selling by the bottle or at wholesale,[3][4][5] and thus the difference between a drinking saloon or barroom and a dry-goods store.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bhodi posted:

how could people possibly give a poo poo about pot when there are people doing that to themselves? :smith:

because alcohol has been accepted in society forever, while marijuana was introduced to the pure white usa by foreigners and ethnics

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

prefect posted:

i literally can't drink again ever or I might die so I'm happier than I've been in years

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

prefect posted:

al has posted that his pancreas is toast

Bhodi posted:

congrats on being extraordinarily sheltered from the misery that exists in this world

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

SO DEMANDING posted:

congrats on being extraordinarily sheltered from the misery that exists in this world
it's deliberate, otherwise i'd be spending my life trying to bail out the ocean a bucket at a time

i don't cope these sorts of things very well, thanks sadbrains

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

graph posted:

the spoilers are starting hahaha

a bunch of them have been floating around for so long that i don't think anyone should be surprised by anything. that RT score also seems super deceptive because from what i can tell the movie appears to just be a remake of a new hope which is boring as gently caress

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

cjs: completely forgot to make something for the office holiday potluck, guess i'm not going :rip:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

carry on then posted:

cjs: completely forgot to make something for the office holiday potluck, guess i'm not going :rip:

or just go and be incredibly indignant towards anyone who questions you

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

graph posted:

the spoilers are starting hahaha

I want spoilers. give them to me

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

indigi posted:

I want spoilers. give them to me

han kills dumbledor

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Barnyard Protein posted:

han kills dumbledor

on the toilet with a crossbow

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Bhodi posted:

I almost put 12-24, but then edited becuase 24 is two GALLONS of beer a day, that's got to be impossible

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...l-1226670111988

national hero :australia:

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

prefect posted:

on the toilet with a crossbow

and then luke wakes up and realizes it was all a dream. his uncle calls out to him to help with the dust harvest

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Barnyard Protein posted:

han kills dumbledor

how does Dumbledor travel back in time and to a distant galaxy u fuckmeter

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

indigi posted:

how does Dumbledor travel back in time and to a distant galaxy u fuckmeter

he's a wizard dumbass

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

well, poo poo

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
luke/leia come out re: their ongoing taboo ltr

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cjs: they've got jedi playing on the tv down the other side of the office. so tempting...

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Share Bear posted:

i'm glad that less younger people smoke because smoking is gross

if you're under the age of 40 and smoke idk what planet you grew up on where it wasnt constantly told its dangerous by people who speak through holes in their esophaguses

in Europe and the rest of the world smoking isn't as taboo as it is in the states

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tusen Takk posted:

in Europe and the rest of the world smoking isn't as taboo as it is in the states

just like foreskins

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Tusen Takk posted:

savages

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bhodi posted:

you're serious

my god

my father in law quit drinking a thirty pack per day cold turkey two weeks ago and he hasn't dropped dead or had the DTs yet

it's a Christmas miracle

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Tusen Takk posted:

anti tobacco is the most successful propaganda campaign ever conceived of in the United States

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it's weird that you can't vape on a plane but you can take off your shoes

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Al! posted:

source you're quotes

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Al! posted:

I agree with this. keep your shoes on, smellfoot. you shouldn't be able to wear sandals/flipflops to the airport either.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I would literally rather smell tobacco for a whole flight than the usual melange of farts and feet

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that reminds me, one time on a flight to LA I was sitting next to a teenage couple and he 100% was fingering her underneath the blanket and must have thought I was deaf and blind

although, they were teenagers, so they might not have considered me at all in their decision to join the mile high digital stimulation club

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

indigi posted:

that reminds me, one time on a flight to LA I was sitting next to a teenage couple and he 100% was fingering her underneath the blanket and must have thought I was deaf and blind

although, they were teenagers, so they might not have considered me at all in their decision to join the mile high digital stimulation club

you should have asked if you could take pictures

use classy words when you ask, like "cooch"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tusen Takk posted:

my father in law quit drinking a thirty pack per day cold turkey two weeks ago and he hasn't dropped dead or had the DTs yet

it's a Christmas miracle
what was he drinking again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Tusen Takk posted:

it's a Christmas miracle

hooray for quitting alcoholism!

• Locked thread