Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

paranoid randroid posted:

i dont think hillary eats enough ergot to do anything within the parameters of neoconservatism

How is Hillary going to defeat Daesh and bring sanity to the Middle East while addressing climate change?

I could see Trump defeating Daesh and trying to bring sanity, but the fossil fuel lobby shades his outlook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

McDowell posted:

How is Hillary going to defeat Daesh and bring sanity to the Middle East while addressing climate change?

I could see Trump defeating Daesh and trying to bring sanity, but the fossil fuel lobby shades his outlook.

Seriously, if we're going to do c/p from Reddit, at least link back so I don't go crazy

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Trabisnikof posted:

Seriously, if we're going to do c/p from Reddit, at least link back so I don't go crazy

Didn't we have a giant thread about the c/p from reddit already?

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

fishmech posted:

Bernie got ratfucked by his own team being crooks, not by Hillary Clinton.
How loving thick are you? All that matters is how the Bernie camp perceives the reaction from the Clinton campaign. Who ratfucks who is irrelevant. Now, because you are incapable of understanding nuance, you will probably assert that they were going to interpret any action or response from the Clinton campaign in the most negative possible light, anyway. But, you are wrong. Some of his supporters will not vote for her in the general no matter what, and some of his supporters will vote for Hillary in the general no matter what. However, some of Bernie's supporters may or may not turn out to vote for Hillary in the general depending on how demoralized they are after their first choice does not secure the nomination. These are potential supporters whose votes Hillary should be trying her very best to secure ahead of the general campaign, and nothing that her campaign has done so far in response to this data breach accomplishes that.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

McDowell posted:

a good start would be not getting found on the floor of a k street ideological opium den with a copy of The End of History next to her, muttering "we will be greeted as liberators" to the walls

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when people said Hillary was going to bring the left into her domain? That's not going to happen now.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Kilroy posted:

How loving thick are you? All that matters is how the Bernie camp perceives the reaction from the Clinton campaign. Who ratfucks who is irrelevant. Now, because you are incapable of understanding nuance, you will probably assert that they were going to interpret any action or response from the Clinton campaign in the most negative possible light, anyway. But, you are wrong. Some of his supporters will not vote for her in the general no matter what, and some of his supporters will vote for Hillary in the general no matter what. However, some of Bernie's supporters may or may not turn out to vote for Hillary in the general depending on how demoralized they are after their first choice does not secure the nomination. These are potential supporters whose votes Hillary should be trying her very best to secure ahead of the general campaign, and nothing that her campaign has done so far in response to this data breach accomplishes that.

Nobody needs to care about how the delusional branch of the Bernie camp feels, they're already never going to vote for Hillary Clinton. Hell many won't even vote for Bernie because he'll have dropped before their primary rolls around. And they're the only ones who will still be upset about an offhand tweet 46 weeks from now.

The sane people aren't going to be little prissy babies about it.

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Remember when people said Hillary was going to bring the left into her domain? That's not going to happen now.

I guess if your definition of "left" is "young white men who are barely even centrist let alone left" then sure.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

fishmech posted:

Nobody needs to care about how the delusional branch of the Bernie camp feels, they're already never going to vote for Hillary Clinton. Hell many won't even vote for Bernie because he'll have dropped before their primary rolls around. And they're the only ones who will still be upset about an offhand tweet 46 weeks from now.

The sane people aren't going to be little prissy babies about it.

I guess if your definition of "left" is "young white men who are barely even centrist let alone left" then sure.

You're still ignoring the fact that this is leads directly to a poo poo ton of process stories as Joe previously mentioned.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

fishmech posted:

Again:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

It probably wasn't going to happen before. When Bernie loses and tells his followers to get behind Clinton they'll still just sit at home and smoke weed and not vote. So the same thing they were going to do anyway.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Solkanar512 posted:

You're still ignoring the fact that this is leads directly to a poo poo ton of process stories as Joe previously mentioned.

Which won't matter at all by November 2016, much less by March 2016.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

fishmech posted:

Which won't matter at all by November 2016, much less by March 2016.

Prove it. You're making a statement you cannot support with any evidence. It's not a good practice to give the media or political opponents ammunition. It's very easy to manufacture "trends".

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

fknlo posted:

It probably wasn't going to happen before. When Bernie loses and tells his followers to get behind Clinton they'll still just sit at home and smoke weed and not vote. So the same thing they were going to do anyway.

The wind has been pretty strong around here lately, aren't you afraid of that strawman getting blown away? You worked so hard on it, too...

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

fishmech posted:

Quit referring to the Clinton campaign reaction up to this point as a single offhand tweet. It's not.

As much as you want to cling to the belief that Bernie's support comes exclusively from fanatical redditors, that is not the case. A lot of people in your "delusional branch" of the Bernie camp just want a robust nomination process and lively debate, and will accept Hillary's inevitable win as long as they perceive the process was fair.

Also Joementum is absolutely right that news cycles dedicated to this GOTV inside baseball stuff, are news cycles that would be better spent on the GOP horror show. So sweep this under the rug ASAFP.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Solkanar512 posted:

Prove it. You're making a statement you cannot support with any evidence. It's not a good practice to give the media or political opponents ammunition. It's very easy to manufacture "trends".

Here's my proof: the next 47 weeks of your life. My estimate of the results are Clinton 50%, Republican 48% in the popular vote. Democrats get a minimum of 297 electoral votes. Most likely, 2012's map again.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Anyone got a clip for this (from the Dem thread):

Concerned Citizen posted:

Anyone have a clip?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Kilroy posted:

As much as you want to cling to the belief that Bernie's support comes exclusively from fanatical redditors, that is not the case. A lot of people in your "delusional branch" of the Bernie camp just want a robust nomination process and lively debate, and will accept Hillary's inevitable win as long as they perceive the process was fair.

It's not just fanatic Reddit posters and that's why this doesn't matter. The redditors can fuckoff and most of his supporters won't give a poo poo about the dirty candidate they supported in the primaries and vote for Hillary in the general.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Kilroy posted:

Quit referring to the Clinton campaign reaction up to this point as a single offhand tweet. It's not.

Also Joementum is absolutely right that news cycles dedicated to this GOTV inside baseball stuff, are news cycles that would be better spent on the GOP horror show. So sweep this under the rug ASAFP.

The only :airquote:offensive:airquote: part of it was the tweet.

I never said that, I said only the morons would refuse to vote Hillary, and they'll refuse to vote her no matter what. Caring about them is like caring about Hillary is 44 sinking Obama's chances.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

fishmech posted:

Here's my proof: the next 47 weeks of your life. My estimate of the results are Clinton 50%, Republican 48% in the popular vote. Democrats get a minimum of 297 electoral votes. Most likely, 2012's map again.

This isn't evidence, it's speculation. Also, you don't handicap your own loving campaign, even if you win in the end anyways. That's loving stupid, even if you refuse to admit it.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

Why would that have to be true? Would they have contracted a Republican company?

Because I work with large databases and that is exactly what happens.

The interface either doesn't work at all or screws up half the data.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Bernie got caught red handed and then went Full Trump double down complete with weaselly lawsuit. And a massive fundraising campaign. I'm looking at an ad from him right now. All of it coming together on a Friday afternoon. The day before a major debate.

As fun as it is to poo poo on the DNC, is anyone entertaining the possibility that the DNC was not in control of whether this was going to blow up?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Solkanar512 posted:

This isn't evidence, it's speculation. Also, you don't handicap your own loving campaign, even if you win in the end anyways. That's loving stupid, even if you refuse to admit it.

Where's your evidence then, chief?

Also Hillary didn't handicap her campaign, Bernie Sanders staffers handicapped Bernie Sanders' campaign. Please, try not to lie like a senior Sanders staffer!

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Good

Alex Seitz-Wald (@aseitzwald)
12/18/15, 6:02 PM
Hillary Clinton campaign softens tone a bit, says it wants Sanders to get their data back.

https://t.co/o8Qgmugl8Z

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Ugh, fine. gently caress it. Clinton campaign functionaries will use their position to needlessly antagonize potential voters in the general election, but this is fine since the only people who will take any offense are precisely the people who weren't going to vote for her anyway, according to fishmech. That doesn't seem to actually bode well for her chances in the general, to be honest, but I'm starting not to give a poo poo about that anyway. I think I'm going to have to revise my position of "Hillary Supporter" to "on the fence" after the reaction of her campaign so far and the tribal bullshit going on in this thread which is seriously loving aggravating. I don't know how you can call yourself a Democrat, or even a lean-Democrat, if you're willingly to piss off other Democrats for literally no good god drat reason at all.

btw:

quote:

Brian Fallon

Formerly @TheJusticeDept and @ChuckSchumer spokesman.
What a loving surprise.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Ceiling fan posted:

As fun as it is to poo poo on the DNC, is anyone entertaining the possibility that the DNC was not in control of whether this was going to blow up?

I don't think that there's any question that the full court press by the Sanders campaign has been completely dominating today's news cycle. The DNC and the Clinton campaign are just reacting while a number of Sanders folks have been threatening political murder-suicide over this. This is leading to some dumb reactions, like Clinton staffers who don't know when to shut their drat mouths.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

theblackw0lf posted:

Good

Hillary Clinton campaign softens tone a bit, says it wants Sanders to get their data back.

A bit late, but it's the right thing. Hopefully Fallon is getting his rear end chewed as well.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Jesus, that's the truth. Michigan is by far the most racist place I've ever lived in the north.

More than Chicago?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Kilroy posted:

Ugh, fine. gently caress it. Clinton campaign functionaries will use their position to needlessly antagonize potential voters in the general election, but this is fine since the only people who will take any offense are precisely the people who weren't going to vote for her anyway, according to fishmech. That doesn't seem to actually bode well for her chances in the general, to be honest, but I'm starting not to give a poo poo about that anyway. I think I'm going to have to revise my position of "Hillary Supporter" to "on the fence" after the reaction of her campaign so far and the tribal bullshit going on in this thread which is seriously loving aggravating. I don't know how you can call yourself a Democrat, or even a lean-Democrat, if you're willingly to piss off other Democrats for literally no good god drat reason at all.

btw:

What a loving surprise.

I'm sorry that you refuse to admit that the only people dumb enough to refuse to vote Democratic nearly a full year from now over mild rudeness, are people who were already going to refuse to vote Democratic. But it's true.

You're literally pulling that shtick that people did in 2008 where they acted like the tiny group of offended Hillary supporters were going to hand the election to McCain.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Kaal posted:

I don't think that there's any question that the full court press by the Sanders campaign has been completely dominating today's news cycle. The DNC and the Clinton campaign are just reacting while a number of Sanders folks have been threatening political murder-suicide over this. This is leading to some dumb reactions, like Clinton staffers who don't know when to shut their drat mouths.

Yeah, it's seriously impressive that they stole a bunch of campaign data from the DNC and the story is "hilary clinton destroys party"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Kilroy posted:

btw:

What a loving surprise.

Yeah, most people are going to be not angry over some day-to-day electioneering mumbo jumbo.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_277xh9zHB8&t=75s

of

Concerned Citizen posted:

Here it is. Jump to 1:15 for the magic moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_277xh9zHB8

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

fishmech posted:

I'm sorry that you refuse to admit that the only people dumb enough to refuse to vote Democratic nearly a full year from now over mild rudeness, are people who were already going to refuse to vote Democratic. But it's true.

You're literally pulling that shtick that people did in 2008 where they acted like the tiny group of offended Hillary supporters were going to hand the election to McCain.
It would be one thing if the reaction from the Clinton campaign gave them any advantage at all, but it doesn't.

You seem happy enough provided the Clinton campaign not do anything that will obviously harm their chances in the general, or will have no effect on the general. I would rather they only do things that will help their chances. Like, literally every single action performed by every member of the Clinton campaign - to the extent humanly possible - between now and November 8 should contribute positively to her chances of winning that election. Reducing those chances is obviously bad and doing stuff that has little effect either way, takes time away from doing stuff that increases the chance of a win.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Kilroy posted:

It would be one thing if the reaction from the Clinton campaign gave them any advantage at all, but it doesn't.

You seem happy enough provided the Clinton campaign not do anything that will obviously harm their chances in the general, or will have no effect on the general. I would rather they only do things that will help their chances. Like, literally every single action performed by every member of the Clinton campaign - to the extent humanly possible - between now and November 8 should contribute positively to her chances of winning that election. Reducing those chances is obviously bad and doing stuff that has little effect either way, takes time away from doing stuff that increases the chance of a win.

Hmm, you're right that we should go nuclear over getting some side shade via tweets on the Friday end of the news cycle.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
clinton has done twitter crimes against my honor and for that i will never forgive her

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Kilroy posted:

You're freaking out over a single tweet that was cracking a joke, as well as the thoroughly normal actual campaign response. If it was O'Malley getting locked over this you probably wouldn't even care.

Sorry that that tweet hurt your feelings so much, but no one is going to care by the election, hell they probably won't care by Iowa. The "response" did absolutely nothing to reduce Clinton's chances.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

theblackw0lf posted:

Good

Good to see that they wised up and realized that this in no way benefits Hillary.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Kilroy posted:

Agreed. I will never get why they got rid of Dean, nor why so many at the top of the party hierarchy were against him getting the position in the first place. You have virtually no effect on policy as chairman of the DNC, and it is a career dead-end for the most part, yet Dean seemed happy to use his position to serve Democratic interests generally while keeping his mouth shut. You could hardly ask for a better chair of the DNC.

But nah, better put in someone from the worst state in the Union, so she can use that position to right every perceived wrong ever done to her ever ever, while losing election after election.

Why did Michael Steele get fired front the RNC after 2010? Party chairmanship is not decided by the effectiveness of the actual chairman, but how well he meshes with his fellow elites. Has a lot of similarities to how CEOs work, actually.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

The wind has been pretty strong around here lately, aren't you afraid of that strawman getting blown away? You worked so hard on it, too...

It's alright, they'll totally throw the election just like the hillaryis44 people did. Especially with the strong voting presence that younger people are known to have.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

fishmech posted:

The "response" did absolutely nothing to reduce Clinton's chances.
Prove it. Better yet, prove it helped them.

Kilroy fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Shageletic posted:

Why did Michael Steele get fired front the RNC after 2010? Party chairmanship is not decided by the effectiveness of the actual chairman, but how well he meshes with his fellow elites. Has a lot of similarities to how CEOs work, actually.

He didn't really "get fired". The chairmanship is an elected position and the election between Steele and Priebus went to a dozen ballots before it was decided.

• Locked thread