Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

the accountant got her tits out on the dance floor, op. Also, just two people managed to spend £750 on dirnks at the free bar.

opus111 fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Dec 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
My work doesn't have much of an office but they keep the door closed from the main work area and their bathroom has actual toilet paper in it instead of one of those rolling blue towel dispensers that are good for wiping... if you're seven feet tall.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

opus111 posted:

the accountant got her tits out on the dance floor, op. Also, just two people managed to spend £750's worth of dirnks at the free bar.

Three-Phase posted:

It starts as a holiday party and ends with sexual harassment claims to HR the next week.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
last office party I went to I ended up killing myself as a practical joke

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Professor of Cats posted:

Oh. There was no champagne. Real question though: do people actually drink that, on purpose, outside of toasts??

gooooon.txt

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ahundredbux posted:

last office party I went to I ended up killing myself as a practical joke

drat is your username what it costs to respawn?

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Open bar, it was pretty rad

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

amityville anus posted:

drat is your username what it costs to respawn?

well, probably in my case

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Just finished a xmas party. Englosh farm hands wanted me to stay at tgeir place but i said one sounded like Vicki polard and wasnt welcomd anymore

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ive been working at the same place for 4 years now.

year 1: awesome party they rented out one of the nicest venues in town, brought in poker and blackjack dealers, fancy hors d'ouerves being served by wait satff, had a somewhat open bar (no liquor but all the wine/champagne/beer you wanted), raffle at the end where you could win a resort vacation or some poo poo. i didnt win but i got way too drunk (had to use the ride service home but it was also gratis), got hot in poker and made side bets for actual money with some people and make bank. haha ownt.

year 2: the rented out a space but there was no food and you got 2 drink tickets that could be used for beer only

year 3: they planned a party but you had to pay for everything and they didn't rent out the bar they just made it early and hoped there would be enough space for everyone which there wasn't. i stayed for like 10 min.

year 4: no party at all

maybe next year they'll just fire me.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

ive been working at the same place for 4 years now.

year 1: awesome party they rented out one of the nicest venues in town, brought in poker and blackjack dealers, fancy hors d'ouerves being served by wait satff, had a somewhat open bar (no liquor but all the wine/champagne/beer you wanted), raffle at the end where you could win a resort vacation or some poo poo. i didnt win but i got way too drunk (had to use the ride service home but it was also gratis), got hot in poker and made side bets for actual money with some people and make bank. haha ownt.

year 2: the rented out a space but there was no food and you got 2 drink tickets that could be used for beer only

year 3: they planned a party but you had to pay for everything and they didn't rent out the bar they just made it early and hoped there would be enough space for everyone which there wasn't. i stayed for like 10 min.

year 4: no party at all

maybe next year they'll just fire me.

They know a buzzkill when they see one

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

3000 people christmas party yesterday

pros:
free good food
free wine, beer and cocktails
fun people
great location
hotel rooms to sleep at afterwards

cons:
listening to the ceo talking for more than two hours
having to stand in line for 15 min to get food
having to drive four hours across germany zo get there

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Our holiday party is today where we are having a "Luncheon" with "Great Food". I don't know why those words had quotes around them on the signs. Maybe it's code for "half of you are laid off"

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
they had a sundowner for ours at a gay bar and the event was booked back to back with the gay bar's 'naughty party' . seeing wasps standing around with guys in leather jock straps and with ball gags was pretty good.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
We used to have good parties...all you can eat and drink then go to a hotel and cause more poo poo

Now we get some vouchers

Been to 4 supplier Xmas digs so far though, eat fancy expensive food and get drunk, good times

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I usually like Christmas parties, per usual the co workers are a bunch of basic bitches but i usually pick a girl then make it my mission to bed her.

If there is dancing at the Christmas party it becomes incredibly easy to get something on the rail.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
one hoochie mama who broke a heel at the company party because she was staggering around drunk was in a cast and on crutches when i saw her yesterday. lol

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
we are going to have a yankee swap and an ugly sweater contest, i cant wait!

oh also an open bar i guess

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

KiteAuraan posted:

I have never been to an office Christmas part as I do not work.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
My Christmas party was pretty cool, the theme was 'born in the USA' (we are a London ad agency) and we had a mechanical bull, a lady who made us all line dance, burgers and booze. I went as a hotdog!

BouncingBuckyBalls
Feb 15, 2011

henpod posted:

My Christmas party was pretty cool, the theme was 'born in the USA' (we are a London ad agency) and we had a mechanical bull, a lady who made us all line dance, burgers and booze. I went as a hotdog!

I need to see you wearing the hotdog outfit. Was there effort in the costume or did you wear a brown pants and jacket with a red shirt and yellow tie?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

My company just bought a warehouse and they're throwing a rave with a free bar in it lol

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I've never been to an office party because my old company was run by Jews, but I will goto my first office party on Monday because my new company is run by some greasy I-Tals and they have spent like 2k decorating the office and are throwing big party on monday with like bar and DJ and poo poo, its gonna rule.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
I shot up my office Christmas party and they blamed it on the Muslim guy at my work

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Christmas parties are a blast, just don't be the guy who is the drunkest or makes the biggest scene

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Christmas parties are a blast, just don't be the guy who is the drunkest or makes the biggest scene

im probably not going to get drunk at my office party because I live like 10 miles away so I'll have to drive home unlike the rest of the assholes in my office who all live in Hollywood. I shold probably move out here when my lease s up but I like living in the Valley ):

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Best xmas party was when I had a "real" job with a court reporting company. It was at a country club. Lawyers and judges showed up; good food, free booze. Ended up going to a dive bar with coworkers, did acid, and ran into who I believe was a close relative of Charlie Manson's (we were in his home town). He kept fixating on my date and grinding his teeth. We were advised to leave.

Worst was when I worked with a buddy who had a small catering gig at a nightclub. Some lovely call center booked us for their xmas party and ordered a bunch of appetizers. They showed up hungry and their dickhead boss announced "the buffet is now open!" They crushed tray after tray of our tiny appetizers, expecting a full meal and bitching about the few vegetarian snacks we had. Hours of frantic work in a tiny space to keep up with those ungrateful lovely cunts. gently caress this miserable holiday.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Went to some dudes house that he was selling, so it was all staged for walk throughs. A fun raffle, free booze, great BBQ and no pressure. Wasn't extravagant, wasn't huge, but was thr way these things should be.
Fun and Free without enough stuff to have people make an rear end of themselves.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Jastiger posted:

Went to some dudes house that he was selling, so it was all staged for walk throughs. A fun raffle, free booze, great BBQ and no pressure. Wasn't extravagant, wasn't huge, but was thr way these things should be.
Fun and Free without enough stuff to have people make an rear end of themselves.

too bad it was in lovely iowa

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

too bad it was in lovely iowa

Like crabs in the bucket, Nooner just can't stand to see his betters succeed

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Ummmm hate to tell you op but Wow isn't a job

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

a starwar betamax posted:

Ummmm hate to tell you op but Wow isn't a job

it's a vocation

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

proof of concept posted:

why is it so shocking for so many people to learn that their coworkers are actually human beings who like to drink and carouse and gently caress and all that other stuff that human beings like to do?

Work is where we go to dehumanize ourselves and face to bloodshed.

We are not human beings but numbers on an excel spreadsheet and the masks of stability we present to others.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

We are not human beings but numbers on an excel spreadsheet and the masks of stability we present to others.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I pissed in my bookcase last night good lord i was sozzled

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Isaac posted:

I pissed in my bookcase last night good lord i was sozzled

Lol

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

we use something more like Access

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

My workplace is having a Christmas dinner at a nearby restaurant but it's during store hours and I'm one of the people scheduled to work then. I'd say I got owned but I don't think the cute Indian girl is going and that's the only reason I'd ever go so.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I went to the Christmas party in my landlord's office the day before they evicted me, and everybody there knew I was getting evicted and looked at me like a bear had broken in to the room or something, but I didn't care. I ate two 250 mg hash chocolates beforehand and was super nice to everybody and it was awkward for everyone but me, by sheer loving willpower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

My workplace is having a Christmas dinner at a nearby restaurant but it's during store hours and I'm one of the people scheduled to work then. I'd say I got owned but I don't think the cute Indian girl is going and that's the only reason I'd ever go so.

Dot or feather?

• Locked thread