Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hello I'm starting tits today for the first time. Is there some beginner poo poo I need to know besides examining every treasure chest twice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You'll need a guide if you want to ace it.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Really Pants posted:

You'll need a guide if you want to ace it.

Does Cold Steel do the same thing? I don't like the looks of this AP points business

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Erg posted:

Does Cold Steel do the same thing? I don't like the looks of this AP points business

I still don't know exactly how bullshit a Cold Steel perfect run will be as compared to Sky, but the AP business is exactly the same as Sky's BP. So far I've gotten through two chapters of Cold Steel, missing one collectible book and whatever handful of AP are necessary to get from an A, to an A+ or S or whatever the perfect chapter grade might be. No idea yet if that means I'll miss out on anything special.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Yeah! Did a whole 1 point of damage to Sara before getting massacred. Feels like I really accomplished something.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I wonder a little if you can actually win that fight, on NG+ or something.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Yeah you can, you get the Gades Blade as a reward

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

HenryEx posted:

Yeah you can, you get the Gades Blade as a reward

What is that?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Slur posted:

What is that?

It's

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

IGN has a 100% AP and all books guide, for what it's worth.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

voltcatfish posted:

Hello I'm starting tits today for the first time. Is there some beginner poo poo I need to know besides examining every treasure chest twice?

On the other hand the guide is only needed if you want to actually ace it. Generally if you're good about exploring everything you should hit top bracer rank and only miss out one weapon with slightly higher max damage you get for collecting a book series. The book series is basically the only really bullshit bit in the game.

If you care about bonus BP you also get some for answering prompts during your tasks and it's generally very clear when you pick an incorrect one and you can then reload when that happens if you want. FC is quite lenient about the BP for max rank though; as mentioned last page SC is the one with tight requirements.

[edit] SC=SC of course, err, or is that wrong?...

Munin fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Dec 26, 2015

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Munin posted:

On the other hand the guide is only needed if you want to actually ace it. Generally if you're good about exploring everything you should hit top bracer rank and only miss out one weapon with slightly higher max damage you get for collecting a book series. The book series is basically the only really bullshit bit in the game.

If you care about bonus BP you also get some for answering prompts during your tasks and it's generally very clear when you pick an incorrect one and then reload when that happens. SC is quite lenient about the BP for max rank though; as mentioned last page SC is the one with tight requirements.

Well, that's a potentially disastrous typo.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I feel bad because in the tutorial dungeon Joshua died due to my mismanaging incompetence and I had to use a revive item :(

Well at least I'm done with the tutorials, I think.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Man, Double Cracker is kinda bullshit. Two enemies that have no apparent cooldown for it, and it's pretty much an instant kill on anyone it hits.

Only way around it seems to be S-Crafting one of them until they drop so that you can manage their damage again.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Munin posted:

[edit] SC=SC of course, err, or is that wrong?...

Trailv in va Fky: Fecond Tapter

Cyouni posted:

Man, Double Cracker is kinda bullshit. Two enemies that have no apparent cooldown for it, and it's pretty much an instant kill on anyone it hits.

Only way around it seems to be S-Crafting one of them until they drop so that you can manage their damage again.

If you're talking about the Chapter 3 practical, it sounds like your DEF is too low. Were you able to get new armor and boots for your group back in Bareahard?

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Really Pants posted:

If you're talking about the Chapter 3 practical, it sounds like your DEF is too low. Were you able to get new armor and boots for your group back in Bareahard?

Assuming you mean the Chapter 2 field study, wasn't able to due to being very short on money (heard about the omelet trick, will have to pull it off next time I get Elliot). Don't think it would have saved anyone except Rean, and don't think that would have helped even him if they turned on Howl beforehand. They're doing ~1600x2 to me unbuffed, ~2100x2 with Howl. Jusis, for example, only has around ~2200 HP.

I did just end up S-Crafting one of them away, though they both dropped a final Double Cracker just to say "screw you" one last time before Burn damage dropped one.

Cyouni fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 27, 2015

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Continually shocked by how likable Jusis is.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I've only been off the train for ten minutes on Chapter 3's field study and it's already the best.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Zaggitz posted:

Continually shocked by how likable Jusis is.

Being that I'm still in Chapter 1's field study, this seems completely impossible. I literally do not believe you.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Chapter 2 sidequest spoiler: ANTON'S BACK!:neckbeard:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Being that I'm still in Chapter 1's field study, this seems completely impossible. I literally do not believe you.

Jusis is pretty chill, he just has a touch of the noble 'tisms

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 27, 2015

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Really Pants posted:

Jusis is pretty chill, he just has a touch of the noble 'tisms

He's super chill compared to Machias, but he still did the whole "why do I have to answer your mundane questions? We're strangers, get out of my face" bullshit when I gave him his notebook.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

is it possible to do better than 35th on the midterms? I thought I got every question right

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I think I got like 17th? Now I'm not sure. It looks like all the studying-related poo poo that's hidden around campus will boost your score, even if it doesn't give you any answers. I must have missed a few things.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

is it possible to do better than 35th on the midterms? I thought I got every question right

I got 15th, so yes. You need to find all the things that improve your knowledge too(I'm sure you got some of them). Hell, it might be possible you can do even better(I've got no idea) and I just missed one somewhere.

edit: Off the top of my head, it's multiple teachers, the twinsLinde & Vivi, and there's a book in the library.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 27, 2015

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Zaggitz posted:

Chapter 2 sidequest spoiler: ANTON'S BACK!:neckbeard:

What when where.

How did I miss this?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cyouni posted:

What when where.

How did I miss this?

Go back to the Fort after Jusis leaves your party and hes hanging out at the gate.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Lord Koth posted:

I got 15th, so yes. You need to find all the things that improve your knowledge too(I'm sure you got some of them). Hell, it might be possible you can do even better(I've got no idea) and I just missed one somewhere.

edit: Off the top of my head, it's multiple teachers, the twinsLinde & Vivi, and there's a book in the library.

There's a lot more books than that.

1. Literary Club Room
2. Music Club Room
3. Gymnasium on a Bench

You can also talk to Beryl in her usual place, and Hugo and Becky at the front entrance.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 27, 2015

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
in trails sc in rolent, where is the answer to bleublanc's dumb loving riddle with the five squares?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Inflammatory posted:

in trails sc in rolent, where is the answer to bleublanc's dumb loving riddle with the five squares?

There's a group of five boxes near the mayor's house.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

There's a group of five boxes near the mayor's house.

i was looking for trees, boxes are not in a forest! :argh:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Inflammatory posted:

No, but they're made from forest!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Inflammatory posted:

Yeah, I know. I cheated for that one and all of the Chapter 5 one.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Bleublanc's riddles are all really bad

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

so does tits stay mellow and soft or does crazy poo poo start happening?

i am cool with either I am just clueless as to how these games go

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it has serious moments and plot but it spends much of its time being pretty mellow

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

so does tits stay mellow and soft or does crazy poo poo start happening?

i am cool with either I am just clueless as to how these games go
it stays mellow but slowly builds up to a pretty frantic finale. the finale takes up like 2 hours of a 40 hour game though.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Laura likes Dogi and as such is the best character.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Where there hell are those loving "bath salts"? What wall do I specifically have to look at or whatever to extract what I need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Crabtree posted:

Where there hell are those loving "bath salts"? What wall do I specifically have to look at or whatever to extract what I need?

If I remember right, it's in the last road area right before the fortress. The spot will be clearly marked with a green (!) on your minimap.