Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

lfield posted:

Who would you pick to lead Labour instead of Corbyn?

Anybody else.

Except McDonnell of course. And Abbott.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

lfield posted:

Who would you pick to lead Labour instead of Corbyn?

Fair play to you for trying but we go through this literally every single time and he refuses to ever name anybody. By all means fill your boots, though.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
pissflaps is the labour establishment in miniature

get used to corbyn and make the best out of the situation instead of bitching and moaning

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

blowfish posted:

pissflaps is the labour establishment in miniature

get used to corbyn and make the best out of the situation instead of bitching and moaning

No.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oberleutnant posted:

just loving shut up and kiss me you swine

Closet Tory spotted.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Closet Tory spotted.

I want a big sloppy kiss w/ tongues from Pissflaps aka Liz Kendall

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Oberleutnant posted:

Fair play to you for trying but we go through this literally every single time and he refuses to ever name anybody. By all means fill your boots, though.

I'm not sure if you know this, but you don't have to reply to every single one of his posts and anything mentioning him.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Oberleutnant posted:

I want a big sloppy kiss w/ tongues from Pissflaps aka Liz Kendall

You can't have one. I'm married.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

yes

Earlster
Jul 28, 2006

So jaded I'm green.
How do you think Corbyn will go over Europe?

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

thespaceinvader posted:

The crux of your argument then is that he hasn't proved he can win an election and the only way you'll be satisfied he can is if he in fact does.

By that logic, Gideon is also guaranteed to lose the next election as HE hasn't won one yet either as leader, so which is it? Corbyn losing or Gideon (or whichever other not-a-previous-leader that the Tories end up fielding)? Both of them haven't proved they can turn $tactic into election victory which by your logic means they can't possibly win.

and the crux of yours is that we should just take corbyn's 2020 victory as a given since he has 400000 labour members and a single by-election victory! nothing he's doing gives me faith that these aren't one off consequences of the labour leadership election and a split, polarizing opposition

what has he done in oldham that can be generalized to somerset or london or cambridge or scotland? not much.

momentum is the only productive thing that's been done to guarantee a 2020 victory and even that's not particularly successful (despite my 10 quid :( )

i'll happily be proven wrong in 2020, under PM Corbyn

lfield
May 10, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

Anybody else.

Except McDonnell of course. And Abbott.

So you're just being contrarian, then. Out of 'anybody else', who would be your personal choice for the job?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Earlster posted:

How do you think Corbyn will go over Europe?

By train, he likes trains.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

I'm not sure if you know this, but you don't have to reply to every single one of his posts and anything mentioning him.
Yes I do.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

lfield posted:

So you're just being contrarian, then. Out of 'anybody else', who would be your personal choice for the job?

My opinion seems to be contrary to yours. Given Corbyn's lack of popularity with the general public i'm not sure if that makes me the contrarian, or you.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Malcolm XML posted:

and the crux of yours is that we should just take corbyn's 2020 victory as a given since he has 400000 labour members and a single by-election victory!

Multiple people have specifically clarified that that isn't what they're saying. Jesus Christ can you read?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

OwlFancier posted:

By train, he likes trains.

And bicycles

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Malcolm XML posted:

and the crux of yours is that we should just take corbyn's 2020 victory as a given since he has 400000 labour members and a single by-election victory! nothing he's doing gives me faith that these aren't one off consequences of the labour leadership election and a split, polarizing opposition

what has he done in oldham that can be generalized to somerset or london or cambridge or scotland? not much.

momentum is the only productive thing that's been done to guarantee a 2020 victory and even that's not particularly successful (despite my 10 quid :( )

i'll happily be proven wrong in 2020, under PM Corbyn

It's really not though. It's that it's POSSIBLE. I've never claimed it's a guarantee I've claimed its a possible avenue to victory.

People basically asserting he;s lost 4 years before he has a chance to win however is a loving brilliant way of making that a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

thespaceinvader posted:

It's really not though. It's that it's POSSIBLE. I've never claimed it's a guarantee I've claimed its a possible avenue to victory.

People basically asserting he;s lost 4 years before he has a chance to win however is a loving brilliant way of making that a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Do you think it's possible to win a general election simply by saying it will happen?

lfield
May 10, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

My opinion seems to be contrary to yours. Given Corbyn's lack of population with the general public i'm not sure if that makes me the contrarian, or you.

Aww you won't say who you like because you're scared the big mean UKMT will make fun of you for it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

And bicycles

Why do you like posting that picture so much?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

My opinion seems to be contrary to yours. Given Corbyn's lack of popularity with the general public i'm not sure if that makes me the contrarian, or you.

thespaceinvader posted:

quit bitching and moaning you dummy

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

lfield posted:

Aww you won't say who you like because you're scared the big mean UKMT will make fun of you for it.

I've been on the receiving end of abuse and unkind words from this thread for some time now. I will not allow it to impinge upon my principles.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

OwlFancier posted:

Why do you like posting that picture so much?

Because he looks like somebody gave Steptoe a Halfords voucher.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

muh principels

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

I've been on the receiving end of abuse and unkind words from this thread for some time now. I will not allow it to impinge upon my principles.

"... And if you don't like them, I have others."

lfield
May 10, 2008
All Corbyn has to do is hop on his time-travelling bicycle & prove he can win the 2020 election by actually winning it. Until he does that I'd rather watch another Blairite cruise to a nice, safe loss.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Pissflaps posted:

Do you think it's possible to win a general election simply by saying it will happen?

How is this relevant to anything?

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

I admire your principles of sticking with a unnamed theoretical candidate. It shows great courage.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

Perhaps people would engage with you in a more respectful and friendly way if you granted them the same clarity and specificity in your replies and opinions that you expect of them.
I don't call you a dickhead because I just get off on being nasty to people. You never engage with people in a constructive way. You just pick and pick without ever committing yourself to anything that can serve as a basis for further discussion.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

thespaceinvader posted:

How is this relevant to anything?

Because you said that people insisting he won't win the next general election will cause it to become a self fulfilling prophecy - if the inverse is not true then how can your statement be any more accurate?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

the line in the sand is where labour becomes something other than the party of "at least we're not quite the tories, eh"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

You don't have principles.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

Because he looks like somebody gave Steptoe a Halfords voucher.

Well he is an old man, kind of hard to avoid looking like one unless you're filthy rich.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

Because you said that people insisting he won't win the next general election will cause it to become a self fulfilling prophecy - if the inverse is not true then how can your statement be any more accurate?
These things aren't equivalent.
The active undermining of a party's leader in defiance of the will of its membership is actively harmful to the party's public image. The absence of that, while not guaranteeing victory, can not harm its chances.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

It's 4 years before the next general. We still have a referendum on Europe to slog through where the current governing party is split between shooting themselves in the foot and aiming at their foot but faking pulling the trigger. There's a significant chunk of Scotland that wants to leave the union. The current government is trying to pump up a housing bubble to inflate economy figures. The weather is getting significantly shittier and Leicester are within spitting distance of the Champions League.

Anything can happen.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Oberleutnant posted:

Perhaps people would engage with you in a more respectful and friendly way if you granted them the same clarity and specificity in your replies and opinions that you expect of them.
I don't call you a dickhead because I just get off on being nasty to people. You never engage with people in a constructive way. You just pick and pick without ever committing yourself to anything that can serve as a basis for further discussion.

I don't mind if you call me a dickhead. Nor am I interested in earning your respect or friendship. You seem to lash out at a lot of posters you disagree with. It's just your way.

I'd rather talk about the issues facing the UK today rather than me.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

I don't mind if you call me a dickhead. Nor am I interested in earning your respect or friendship. You seem to lash out at a lot of posters you disagree with. It's just your way.

I'd rather talk about the issues facing the UK today rather than me.
And yet you complain about people being unkind to you as some sort of justification for refusing to engage.

Also, I only lash out at people when they're acting like loving idiots.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Pissflaps posted:

Reminds me of Corbyn

Anyway a question for you, since you literally said you're on the "Anyone but Corbyn" bandwagon - presumably this means you'd rather have McDonnell or Abbott as leader then? I mean it seems a bit odd that out of some 200 labour MPs, pissflaps' least favourite just happened to become leader

vvv oh sorry I must have missed him ruling them out (I did skim a bit)

Microplastics fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Wait, I've got it. If Pissflaps doesn't want Corbyn or McDonnell ar Abbott as leader then there's only one option left.

Dennis Skinner for leader. Victory in 2020.

• Locked thread