Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Yesssssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Vengarr posted:

Herremans is a free agent right now. Mathis has barely played all season for the Broncos. Those guys weren't solving our problems.

DeSean was absolutely a stupid move. The Chiefs overpaid for Maclin and they thought the guys they already had would step up.

Mathis started 12 games for the Broncos this season and is way better than you're giving him credit for. If he thought other guys would step up he's either lovely at evaluating talent or at developing it and since he's in charge of both...

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

triple sulk posted:

Yesssssssssss

sulk do not put the cart before the horse

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
My guess is that he just totally and completely lost the locker room. That's the only thing I can see that justifies not only firing him, but firing him with a game left to go.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

unless EDP hops onto #nfl, this is the correct action

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wild ride has only just begun :getin:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
My Christmas wish came true!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Jota posted:

And he replaced Evan Mathis, DeSean Jackson, and Jeremy Maclin with a WR from Vanderbilt who can't catch and...uh...
Hey now I didn't say all of his moves were decent!

Lt. Chips posted:

What, no it didnt. People were immediately discussing how bad a fit Murray is in Chips scheme.
Fit or no fit, it's on Kelly that he didn't find a way to properly utilize Murray in his offense. He could have at least changed things a little bit to play to the strengths of his new #1 running back. Look at a couple of games ago where he was sitting Murray on 3rd-and-short, 4th-and-short, and goalline situations when Murray is literally the best running back in the NFL at converting on those.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Also I don't really know how to feel about this move but Chip was a disaster as a GM

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Maybe Chip Kelly, in another great decision, decided to release the coach.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Andy Reid was fired for going 4-12 once, after taking the Eagles to the playoffs nine times in fourteen seasons, to the NFC championship game five times, and to the Super Bowl. He has since led the Chiefs to two playoff appearances and thirty wins in three seasons.

Chip Kelly was fired for going 6-10/7-9 once, after taking the Eagles to 10-6 two consecutive years.

If I'm a head coaching candidate I would be mighty leery of taking the Philadelphia job. The hook is getting quicker and quicker.

Brannock fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 30, 2015

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

get ready for the Sean McDermott experience!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Turns out that word that Murray had to Lurie carried some weight huh

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Jota posted:

Mathis started 12 games for the Broncos this season and is way better than you're giving him credit for. If he thought other guys would step up he's either lovely at evaluating talent or at developing it and since he's in charge of both...

You do realize how bad Denver's Oline is, right?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cole posted:

Maybe Chip Kelly, in another great decision, decided to release the coach.

Nah, the coach was white.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Good. Excellent.

At least now the damage has been limited.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Jota posted:

Also I don't really know how to feel about this move but Chip was a disaster as a GM
I absolutely do not understand why you'd give a guy two years removed from coaching college football a shot at being the personnel guy for an NFL team. If he had previous NFL experience, that would be one thing. It was a terrible idea that was destined to end poorly.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
I don't know how to feel about this. Our team is decimated, we don't have a quarterback or a second round pick. Who knows what will happen in the draft but we have so many holes to fill that we're going to be garbage for the next few years. Not to mention the loaded contracts that Kelly handed out. It would have been nice to see one more year play out. :smith:

I think it's going to come out tomorrow that Laurie told Chip to give up the GM powers or he's done and Chip, being the prideful fucker that he is, said fire me.

Dr. Cuddles
Jul 18, 2010
i chose a bad year to become an eagles fan

im sorry

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Crazy Ted posted:

Hey now I didn't say all of his moves were decent!

Fit or no fit, it's on Kelly that he didn't find a way to properly utilize Murray in his offense. He could have at least changed things a little bit to play to the strengths of his new #1 running back. Look at a couple of games ago where he was sitting Murray on 3rd-and-short, 4th-and-short, and goalline situations when Murray is literally the best running back in the NFL at converting on those.

Ryan Mathews was a way better fit for that offense than Murray was

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
On the plus side, i now have nothing to look forward to next season in terms of expectations, is this how it feels Ross?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

What the gently caress

But there's another game in the season still

What

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

On the plus side, i now have nothing to look forward to next season in terms of expectations, is this how it feels Ross?

I can't remember, my team has been in contention for the last decade or so

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Texas State is available...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pat Shurmer: Machiavellian genius

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Jota posted:

Mathis started 12 games for the Broncos this season and is way better than you're giving him credit for.

He was basically a healthy scratch last night, he only played 6 snaps.

He bad.

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
If Pat Shurmur is our head coach next year I swear to god.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
you hear that? off in the distance...from the direction of tennessee...i swear i can hear "the boys are back in town" playing...

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Doug Marrone just came in his pants

He'll probably get an interview

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

so, Chip Kelly on the Colts would be interesting

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Crazy Ted posted:

Fit or no fit, it's on Kelly that he didn't find a way to properly utilize Murray in his offense. He could have at least changed things a little bit to play to the strengths of his new #1 running back.

I completely agree with you. Too bad Chip Kelly is not the guy to adapt his scheme to for his players. Hence my initial comment on this not being a good fit on paper.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
And now, we wait for them to hire Josh McDaniels.

Gotta get a head start on that recruitment, after all.

Also, come to Nashville, Chip, where the flavor is.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Preemptive so sorry about the news, Cleveland.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Brannock posted:

Andy Reid was fired for going 4-12 once, after taking the Eagles to the playoffs nine times in fourteen seasons, to the NFC championship game four times, and to the Super Bowl. He has since led the Chiefs to two playoff appearances and thirty wins in three seasons.

Andy was ready to go, I think he'd probably tell the same to any coaching candidate who called him up. One of the things he's talked about after his move to KC is that coaching is fun for him again now that he's leaving all/most of the personnel decisions to someone else.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I can't wait for the 30for30 about the trade for Marriota that never was.

"Chip Kelly was offering us DeMarco Murrary, Sam Bradford, their #1 pick in the draft that year AND the next year and we still said no!".

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

I was in a diner as the news broke. I saw more and more people looking at their phones in disbelief. No Eagles chants broke out.

The downside to all of this is that I have to deal with Angelo Cataldi being super smug and gently caress that dude. All of Philly sports radio is awful and he is the king of lovely takes.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I hope the eagles do something ridiculously stupid like hire Greg Schiano or something.

I never want the NFC East to be anything but an absolute dumpster fire. I just wish they weren't on primetime seemingly every loving week.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Magicpants posted:

grats Titans fans

i support the living poo poo out of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Grittybeard posted:

Andy was ready to go, I think he'd probably tell the same to any coaching candidate who called him up. One of the things he's talked about after his move to KC is that coaching is fun for him again now that he's leaving all/most of the personnel decisions to someone else.

Oh, I know, I just like bringing it up because lol.

Other than Bill Belichick, how often does being Coach/GM at once work out?

• Locked thread