Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

how come they all got crazy names

like no one is named like "Jack" or "Chris" like everyones got some fruity name lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

numberoneposter posted:

how come they all got crazy names

like no one is named like "Jack" or "Chris" like everyones got some fruity name lol

The Force.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Ben Solo felt so lame and plain that he changed his name.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I know somebody who watched this four times.

Disney did good on this one.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Clipperton posted:

as has been noted, if they made the force-using bad guy a cold-blooded super badass it would just come across as a lame vader knockoff so they had to think of something. i think it worked pretty well actually

captain phasma otoh was a major disappointment, she did even less than boba fett. did gwendoline christie even take her helmet off once? i had to piss halfway through, was it then?

should made him insane and unstable, but not in a pussy emo way imo

like instead of always looking like he nearly about to cry, have him freak out and kill people while wrecking poo poo.

Vader is the reserve cold blooded killer and ren being the pscyho killer with discipline problems

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk just spit balling here

probably put more thought into that post than jar jar abhams

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Lemmy should have been the new robot.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Universe Master posted:

Ben Solo felt so lame and plain that he changed his name.
Why does everyone assume he took Han's name? Surely the royal name wins out.

Ben Organa is even worse though.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Maybe kylie starts off as a whiny pussy and gets stronger over time in the sequels like an actual character with a long term story arc.

Wait I mean poop farts this is a babby movie for bad people

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blacktoll posted:

Maybe kylie starts off as a whiny pussy and gets stronger over time in the sequels like an actual character with a long term story arc.

Wait I mean poop farts this is a babby movie for bad people

lol if you think disney puts that much thought into movie designed to sell toys

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 30, 2015

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Blacktoll posted:

yeah now he's killed his dad and snoke is going to 'complete his training' he will be more of an outright villain in the next movie

Before he becomes a goodie again in the third one

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
COme get your TR8R tee

https://www.teepublic.com/show/384837-traitor

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
TR-8R best new character of the year.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
What planet do you think the baddies're going to invade next movie? We already had a deathstar this past movie...

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Drifter posted:

What planet do you think the baddies're going to invade next movie? We already had a deathstar this past movie...

idk good question

they already did a desert planet, saw a temperate planet, and a snow planet

i'm guessing maybe a city one like croissant but it will be seedy like behind the strip in vegas

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Snatch Duster posted:

should made him insane and unstable, but not in a pussy emo way imo

like instead of always looking like he nearly about to cry, have him freak out and kill people while wrecking poo poo.

Vader is the reserve cold blooded killer and ren being the pscyho killer with discipline problems

Even though Snatch usually posts a lot of poo poo, but for once he actually has a point.

How come he didn't write episode VII? Oh wait never mind.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
ren being a little bitch i thought was cool because little bitches can be dangerous and thats why bullying is good

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

loving hell I hate this world sometimes.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Kylo Ren being an emo dork is what works for him as a villain, IMODO. It's also some interesting meta commentary. I remember reading how when people as kids would play Star Wars, no one wanted to be Luke Skywalker, they all wanted to be Darth Vader. Well, here's a guy in universe who desperately wants to be Vader and has the same powers and potential as Vader, hell he might be STRONGER than Vader (Vader just blocked blaster bolts, he didn't stop them in midair with seemingly no effort), but is he Vader 2.0? No, he's a tryhard manchild. It won't make him any less dangerous: a cold hearted bastard and a moron going psychotic for respect are just as dangerous.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Imo kylie is extremely potent in the force but a poo poo duelist. But that's what happens when the institution that trained people on how to use laser swords goes rear end up.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
I think people are missing the most important thing. If this takes place long ago in a galaxy far away then why are there humans speaking English? Why not slug creatures who communicate through thier rear end-slime? Immersion= ruined.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

wiffle ball bat posted:

ren being a little bitch i thought was cool because little bitches can be dangerous and thats why bullying is good

I remember the actor for Hux, domhnall gleeson says he saw their relationship as a bully type deal.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Cornwind Evil posted:

Kylo Ren being an emo dork is what works for him as a villain, IMODO. It's also some interesting meta commentary. I remember reading how when people as kids would play Star Wars, no one wanted to be Luke Skywalker, they all wanted to be Darth Vader. Well, here's a guy in universe who desperately wants to be Vader and has the same powers and potential as Vader, hell he might be STRONGER than Vader (Vader just blocked blaster bolts, he didn't stop them in midair with seemingly no effort), but is he Vader 2.0? No, he's a tryhard manchild. It won't make him any less dangerous: a cold hearted bastard and a moron going psychotic for respect are just as dangerous.

Okay I see where you're getting at, I mean anakin was sad that his mom died in Episode II and from then on he got real pissed off and was kind of acting like a raging emo up to Episode III, so I guess kylo might have shared that same kind of rage anakin did pre-vader...but he's just a bit more angsty and still in his linkin park phase.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Junior Jr. posted:

Okay I see where you're getting at, I mean anakin was sad that his mom died in Episode II and from then on he got real pissed off and was kind of acting like a raging emo up to Episode III, so I guess kylo might have shared that same kind of rage anakin did pre-vader...but he's just a bit more angsty and still in his linkin park phase.

Except Kylo is supposed to be like 29-30. He was born right after Endor.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Cornwind Evil posted:

Tryhard Manchild is my SW name tho

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

also you would think if you were spending that much time driving to and from the moon you would bring more music than fuckin lovely disco lmao

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

TK-42-1 posted:

Except Kylo is supposed to be like 29-30. He was born right after Endor.

I can assure you that 30 year olds can also be frustrated juvenile assholes.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

BB-8

Big
Black
8"

C3PO

Caucasian
Penis
3"
Only

Definitely no hidden cuck messages here...

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Finn is attacked by a man in white for being a race traitor, but is able to fight back with a bigger weapon until the white woman's uncle (who's life partner is a male dog) rushes in to save him

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

:yikes:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i want to scavenge rey's parts if you get what i'm saying :c00l:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Movie well on track to make 2 billion dollars before you figure in products/merchandise.

it's made more money than george Lucas 3 Movie Prequel Shitfest already in the same time period.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
that's because disney is a freaking powerhouse they had stores filled with toys from the new movies months before they came out

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If you liked Kylo then it is whatever but man every time I think of this movie I just think "What if... I had felt like the bad guy was a real threat?"

I hope this really is a character arc for him but I think it is unfortunate that no matter how you slice it they burned 1/3rd of their whole series with a nonthreatening main bad guy.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
still havent seen this movie and somehow my life is completely fine. perhaps my aspergers has gone into remission

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

thathonkey posted:

that's because disney is a freaking powerhouse they had stores filled with toys from the new movies months before they came out

Pretty sure Hasbro did the same poo poo with all the previous Star Wars films. hasbro has owned the Star Wars toy licence for decades.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Pretty sure Hasbro did the same poo poo with all the previous Star Wars films. hasbro has owned the Star Wars toy licence for decades.

yeah but disney made the jump to lightspeed (star wars reference)

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

reignofevil posted:

If you liked Kylo then it is whatever but man every time I think of this movie I just think "What if... I had felt like the bad guy was a real threat?"

I hope this really is a character arc for him but I think it is unfortunate that no matter how you slice it they burned 1/3rd of their whole series with a nonthreatening main bad guy.

Seemed pretty cool until he took his mask off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
Just saw this movie today,and I thought it was a pretty good way to spend an afternoon. I think it helped going in with extremely low expectations so it turned out way better than I thought it would be. Poe Dameron is by far the coolest new character, and it would be pretty rad if they made a new Rogue Squadron game with him.

• Locked thread