Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The ability block gets up to 85% chance at level 2, and 100% at level 6. Having on-demand ability block is incredibly good. Her heal also gets big benefits from leveling- you get 20% max hp per turn for 2 turns on all allies. She really needs gear and ability levels to shine though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
11 out of 12 physicians agree I have a large penis.
I totally forgot I posted this thread, sorry I haven't came in with updates. It also explains why I receive a lot of ally requests. I've reached max rank and almost a full team of 7* characters. I usually hang out in a Discord chat with other folks talking about this game and strategies.

https://discordapp.com/channels/120956985213452290/120956985213452290

If you want any help just PM me my name is Jerk in chat.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Primaris posted:

I totally forgot I posted this thread, sorry I haven't came in with updates. It also explains why I receive a lot of ally requests. I've reached max rank and almost a full team of 7* characters. I usually hang out in a Discord chat with other folks talking about this game and strategies.

https://discordapp.com/channels/120956985213452290/120956985213452290

If you want any help just PM me my name is Jerk in chat.

That # doesn't work anymore.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

This is the Discord channel I've seen posted on the subreddit: https://discord.gg/0ft9yOaeBoaVvMFO
Jerk is in there too so maybe that's the one he meant.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

No offense, but you guys can't really say a character is good or trash at like level 40 3/4*. It takes like 3 weeks to get a GW character from 4* to 7*. Luminara is one of the best characters right now and is a must have been character. I'd even say she's the best because of how good her kit is + how easy she is to obtain. There's a reason 99% of teams run her. She does such good damage, has respectable health, ability block, heals + heal over time, a leader skill that does evasion plus a heal each turn. What this brings to a team is massive. The only this Barris brings is the equalizing of health that goes through heal block, which is loving amazing and I love her for that. 50% of my GW matches I use Barris and Luminara, and Daka.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I just got the Ewok Elder, and I'm wondering if there's a reason more people don't use him. His kit is pretty good because his heal (although weaker than other characters' heals) removes ALL debuffs from your team. Additionally, he has the ability to revive other champs. I'm like level 44, so maybe that's the only reason he seems good, but, so far, I like him a lot.
Also, I don't have Lumi or Barris yet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They should move Bariss over to the Sith side since she's a traitor anyway.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Malgrin posted:

I just got the Ewok Elder, and I'm wondering if there's a reason more people don't use him. His kit is pretty good because his heal (although weaker than other characters' heals) removes ALL debuffs from your team. Additionally, he has the ability to revive other champs. I'm like level 44, so maybe that's the only reason he seems good, but, so far, I like him a lot.

It would be downright hilarious if a fuzzy murderbear was a top-tier endgame character over all the Jedi et al.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Malgrin posted:

I think the game is new enough and has enough options that "unpopular" character archetypes haven't been fully explored yet. The vast majority would rather build a Jedi team or kick rear end with Sith or Boba Fett than mess around with an Ewok and so you don't see these other guys too much yet. That will change as the game goes on.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

I think the game is new enough and has enough options that "unpopular" character archetypes haven't been fully explored yet. The vast majority would rather build a Jedi team or kick rear end with Sith or Boba Fett than mess around with an Ewok and so you don't see these other guys too much yet. That will change as the game goes on.

I mean, I get that much, and he's even an unnamed ewok (kinda like how everyone is surprised that Resistance Pilot is good), but, he seems pretty busted in GW, where you can just revive fallen members (to bullshit like triple hits from Dooku or w/e).

He only has one attack, and it's a bit weak, but leveling it gives a chance to boost the turn meter for all ewoks (he's the only one I use...but he still gets the boost), his heal does 15% of his own max hp to all members and has a chance to revive a fallen member, and then his final ability revives a fallen member. He also seems to have a pretty good speed. It doesn't seem very easy to farm his shards (yet - I unlocked him with a lucky bronze), so that might also contribute.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think Resistance Pilot is more likely bugged than meant to be good.

3D GAY WORLD
May 15, 2007
Here's my ally code: 853-925-988

I've been playing way too much since I found out about this game; haven't spent any money, but I fear that time is coming.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

3D GAY WORLD posted:

Here's my ally code: 853-925-988

I've been playing way too much since I found out about this game; haven't spent any money, but I fear that time is coming.

I would HIGHLY recommend you spend $5 to get daily crystals. I think it's about $10 between $10 and $20 worth of crystals over a week. Plus you get $300 on day 1, which is more than you get out of the $2 $5 package thing. It's a time limited thing though, so act now if you're even considering spending $$

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 31, 2015

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004

Tagichatn posted:

This is the Discord channel I've seen posted on the subreddit: https://discord.gg/0ft9yOaeBoaVvMFO
Jerk is in there too so maybe that's the one he meant.

This, sorry. I'm bad at linking Discord chats apparently.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Levantine posted:

Yeah, I have gold to spare but I completely tapped out my drone stash when i unlocked Sidious. The weekly drone thing just doesn't provide enough :/

The shipment for training droids can be worthwhile.

3D GAY WORLD
May 15, 2007

Malgrin posted:

I would HIGHLY recommend you spend $5 to get daily crystals. I think it's about $10 between $10 and $20 worth of crystals over a week. Plus you get $300 on day 1, which is more than you get out of the $2 $5 package thing. It's a time limited thing though, so act now if you're even considering spending $$

I actually really wanted to, but I happened to be dead broke at the time. Although I'm getting my paycheck tonight the offer is expired :(

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
Where are you guys seeing the weekly thing and Count Dooku pack? I only see the normal bulk ones, and a Greedo pack and 40 dollar Jedi pack.

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

Where are you guys seeing the weekly thing and Count Dooku pack? I only see the normal bulk ones, and a Greedo pack and 40 dollar Jedi pack.

The Count Dooku pack is no longer in session. Unfortunately a new player cannot purchase it anymore. I will fix the OP

3D GAY WORLD
May 15, 2007
I've gotta say, it's shockingly easy to get to a high ranking in the arena. I'm only level 37 and I'm already at rank #207, and have been below #500 for a day or two.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
whelp...the "Request Status' tab isn't just failed Ally Requests. I accidently deleted 7 allies. I've started re-adding people in the thread.

ign: Rubiconse

edit: was going through the thread anyway.

Ally Code List:
Primaris: 388-173-494
CaptainAssholay: 727-545-556
porksmash: 187-415-286 (currently full)
Levantine: 246-743-674
the panacea: 673-291-461
Brian Fellows: 253-753-724
dandaman: 666-214-946
Hizawk: 539 984 225
Mezzanine: 814-455-124
Khako: 983-881-536
jabro: 373-383-853
RustySporkinmyl: 226-975-457
Dreylad: 486-399-349
Iceman2343: 469-842-187
Batmasterson: 286-356-898
Pyronic: 924-582-566
sarmhan: 573-586-265
Present: 149-294-833
New Leaf: 844-163-665
Blackchamber: 668-495-359
allsizesfitone: 394-749-438
Metos: 923-857-773
TastyShrimpPlatter: 847-197-178
Starrett: 392-779-593
OxMan: 692 116 912
Kegslayer: 274-964-565
iGestalt: 332-858-457
Phyresis: 853-476-41 (missing a #?)
Malgrin: 313-466-624
Office Commando: 667-878-439
Cession: 666-772-988
Pimpmust: 297-646-178
Harlock: 842-793-256
Hughlander: 913-937-512
Deep Winter: 944-393-464
oops wrong forum: 364-739-281
Grey Fox: 596-154-623
Rubicon: 215-744-429
Ularg: 153-527-379
Hellburger99: 572-724-512
Wtgamerz: 618-489-468
iFriend: 376-634-975
cocaine mountain: 384-267-786
motherbox: 357-176-867
Kjermzs: 187-483-725
Roid666: 773-681-626
Zotix: 898-545-365
explosivo: 134-495-162
rabidsquid: 839-599-498
Bird Law: 888-984-325
Chilichimp: 469-134-913
Mile'ionaha: 467-526-968
Pinia Coladas: 513-511-159
Marin Karin: 687-897-396
planedriver: 865-839-979
uh zip zoom: 769-889-227
3D GAY WORLD: 853-925-988

Rubicon fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 31, 2015

commish
Sep 17, 2009

3D GAY WORLD posted:

I've gotta say, it's shockingly easy to get to a high ranking in the arena. I'm only level 37 and I'm already at rank #207, and have been below #500 for a day or two.

It is. Keep in mind that not everyone's arena ends at the same time - it's 6 pm local time of whatever time zone you are in. So, often, you won't even be challenged as you move up the ranks.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Thanks for doing that Rubicon, I'll try to update my friends.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Brand new player here, I am digging this little jedi time waster. I read over the past few pages that Luminara should be a high priority for unlocking, are there any other high priority unlocks, or any farmable traps I should avoid? I got a 2 star Ashoka from a bronze card, and I was thinking of trying to focus on raising her up, but I read old daka is highly recommended also, and these two seem to share tokens.

Ally code is 323-636-916 If anyone wants to be my buddy.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Well arena is pure bullshit now. I'm rank #1785. I'm at 8,600 for team power. Here's the only opponents I can fight.

9,000+ Power: Chewbacca
7,000-8,500: Either Captain Phasma or Dooku

Those two leaders are just pure bullshit. They get bonus attacks off bonus attacks off counter attacks. The AI get the first turn all the time and they nearly kill one of my characters before I get a single turn. I have to play arena for daily activities. There are no other opponents. I am not putting money in so I'm probably 100 hours away from being able to compete.

Basically I can't play arena anymore. Or complete chapter 4 on light or dark side. Or do anything in chapter 2 of Cantina battles.

TLDR: I suck

Ularg fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Dec 31, 2015

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Wow I unlocked sidious and lumi in the same day and my squad changed from (Phasma, resistance trooper, Chewie, talia, consular) to (Phasma, resistance trooper, Chewie, sidious, lumi) and I was worried about going from 2 healers down to one but the heal immunity from sidious really kicks amazing amounts of rear end that my arena and galactic war matches all take probably over an entire minute less when their heals are irrelevant and I can reliably ability block their chewie from taunting with lumi until I've taken down two members.

Healing sometimes is a bit touchier as I don't have the Consular getting bonus attacks lowering his heal cooldown with his saber strike proc which meant I could sometimes heal again two turns later, but lumis heal is stronger so hopefully it'll be all good in the long run.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Ularg posted:

You're not at the whale bottleneck yet, sounds like you need to upgrade your equipment/farm shards. 8-9k is about right for high 30s. I'm in mid 40s now and I'm starting to see 11-12ks but my barely 10k team of 3 and 4 stars (phasma, wookie, luminara, talia, sidious/jedi knight anakin, i swap the 2 depending on what I'm up against) can still eke out wins provided I'm not facing bariss or sidious's stupid high cpu dodge rating. I've never fought a bariss that didnt have twice the amount of life of everyone else and could heal everyone to full on demand, but that could be the whales in my bracket.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Ularg posted:

Well arena is pure bullshit now. I'm rank #1785. I'm at 8,600 for team power. Here's the only opponents I can fight.

Those two leaders are just pure bullshit. They get bonus attacks off bonus attacks off counter attacks. The AI get the first turn all the time and they nearly kill one of my characters before I get a single turn. I have to play arena for daily activities. There are no other opponents. I am not putting money in so I'm probably 100 hours away from being able to compete.

Basically I can't play arena anymore. Or complete chapter 4 on light or dark side. Or do anything in chapter 2 of Cantina battles.

You dont have to do all your daily activities tbh. I think the game is fun but im never putting money into it, so most nights I just log in and knock out all the ones that dont require me to actually play it. Sim all my cantina energy for Chewie shards, sim 3x LS & DS hard missions (usually for jedi consular or chewie shards or talia), buy any shipments I can afford, level up my worst guy 1 rank for that daily bounty since its cheap. Equip a low level guy 1 item because its cheap.

That knocks out every daily except for: Galactic War, Arena, & Challenge. The challenges are fun/easy so you can do those. Galactic war is easy at the low levels so you can do that. So the only ones you will be missing out on are the 3x arenas(which you dont need to win, only play so if you dont mind losing knock them out), and the 'complete all dailies'.

I got up to like 1300 rank with a pretty poo poo team before enemy teams started being waaaay too powerful & full of good dudes and ive just rode my ever decreasing rank to daily 400 pvp infusions to buy sidious shards with while never playing another match.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Ularg posted:

I'm running as a complete free to play and I've managed to snipe my way constantly to rank 5# with a team about 2000 points under everyone else.

I haven't pulled a single character so I'm running

Phasma
Genosian Soldier
Jedi Consular
Tali
Sid

I got Phasma for free but the biggest boon to my team was farming Genosian Soldier. I farmed him non stop for a week or so and have him at 4* now. He's pretty tough and he crits for about 2k+ constantly at level 47. Other than that it's generally just a matter of targeting the healer --> attacker --> tank and you're pretty much set. You actually get a bunch of crystals from arena so it's worth doing if you don't want to spend money on the game.

Assuming there isn't a big power difference, I think arena is just about making sure you look tougher than you actually are. Level up your leader the minute you level, do everyone's equipment etc. If you're stuck at a certain level, I've found that you can either skip the arena pay out for the day and use those 5 arena tokens after arena finishes so you get 10 goes the next day to jump to the next rank.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

You might not know this, but you can push the refresh button up in the right corner to get a new draw of opponents. No guarantee they won't have a Phasma/Dooku/Sid mixed in of course (man would I trade Poe for Phasma, what the hell).

It's weird that you guys have power rating 10 000 at the 30s already, I'm at lvl 47 and people here have around 9.5 (lvl 43-45) up to 10k -10-5k at my level.

Got Luminara up now and she's amazing, going to be even better once I get some blue upgrade tokens to get her powers up to scratch.

Dark Coffee would be a pretty good idea for a dark side healer, don't even have to move Barris from the Light Side team (different versions and all).

e: Wow, what a bullshit GW I got this time. Thought it was going to go well with Luminara and all, but nope. GW throws Dooku+Sid at me. Twice. And the second time it's Bane, Opress and Talia backing them up. Bye bye my Consular and Talia.
Battle after that? Sid, Luminara, Opress, Phasma and Luke :gonk:
They open up with all attacking Asajj (Except for Sid who does the AOE). Bye bye Asajj :retreat:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Dec 31, 2015

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Did you force close the client when you lost your first guy?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Man, some teams are just motherfuckers. I ran into a team on the final GW space that consisted of Sidious, a SUPER tough Kylo Ren, Consular, Luminara and Fives. I sent two decent fodder teams against them and just couldn't take them out. Kylo is absurdly powerful.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Oh, the login rewards changed over for January (Australia). Right as I was about to get first order tie fighter, now it's cad bane. Boo.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

311-736-232 add me friends

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
I'm working on cid using arena currency, what should I be saving for in the cantina?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Kjermzs posted:

I'm working on cid using arena currency, what should I be saving for in the cantina?

Old Daka is amazing if you can get her. Normal attack stuns, her heal can revive dead party members and her passive can also do the same thing.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Kjermzs posted:

A lot of people say Old Daka because she's darkside and a healer and quite good. I think Fives looks interesting too but you probably need Old Daka.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

A lot of people say Old Daka because she's darkside and a healer and quite good. I think Fives looks interesting too but you probably need Old Daka.

I got incredibly lucky and got Fives in a Bronze. He is pretty great - tanky, but no taunt. His basic has a slow which applies a lot and his secondary is an assist move. Finally, he has a counterattack which is pretty good. I'd say go for Daka first, but Fives is good so far. I just wish he had an actual taunt.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Talk about Fives, mission D4c is a real bastard, two waves of clone sarges that go first... Twice and finally one clone sarge +super Elite Fives :gonk:

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted
Here's my code, folks -- I'm going to town on that big list right now, but feel free to add me: 715-812-817

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
I feel bad for all of you guys who got shuffled into hard PvP ladders, my team is a pile of poo poo at level 38 and I'm resting easy at 87. Luck of the draw I guess, I'm sure I won't hold on to it long since I'm a dipshit and using all my tokens for Greedo and Fives instead of Sid and Daka

• Locked thread