Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I went to Cousins the other day and their prices went up again which blows. The cheapest subs were $5.99 and as a combo it was like $9.35. I will never step foot in Subway because they are loving disgusting but I won't be going to Cousins much either ugh

luckily they send out good coupons in the mail!! protip

That's a shame I haven't eaten at them in ages cause I'm in chicago but 9 bucks for a footlong from them? They're way better than subway but not almost 10 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Did anyone say Mr Goodcents yet? Because it's Mr Goodcents. I'm sure it's what Lowtax eats.

Antifa Sarkeesian
Jun 4, 2009

yo les digo que no, que no soy la madre de nadie, pero que, eso si, los conozco a todos, a todos los jóvenes poetas del DF, a los que nacieron aquí y a los que llegaron de provincias, y a los que el oleaje trajo de otros lugares de Latinoamérica, y que los quiero a todos
holy poo poo this thread is five pages and nobody's mentioned capriotti's?? joe biden knows what's up, capriotti's is the poo poo. every post in this thread is wrong. every single loving one.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
subway bad

jersey mikes okay but wayyyyyyyyyyyy too loving expensive and they also guilt you into tipping them

jimmy john's the best because they bread tasty and also you get your loving sandwich in less than a minute and it don't rob the bank when you eat there

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Did anyone say Mr Goodcents yet? Because it's Mr Goodcents. I'm sure it's what Lowtax eats.

Mr goodcents is a chain? I didn't vote that because I had no idea:(

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Captain Yossarian posted:

Mr goodcents is a chain? I didn't vote that because I had no idea:(

Yeah there's like, a billion of them around KC

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

symbolic posted:

read the thread

oh sorry well i just want to point out that jimmy john's sucks along with all the other sub chains except publix. peace out

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

City of Tampa posted:

local pizza makes a big difference imho, usually even the shittiest local pizza places are better than the chains. maybe central/south Florida is special in that regard though because like everyone around here seems to be from NY or NJ

cold subs are a special category where local doesn't matter, because no matter where you go they are buying premade meats and buying premade breads and combining them and anyone can do that

Makes sense about the subs.

Re: pizza - Long time ago in college I worked at the busiest restaurant in in the city making pizza. Place somehow won all kinds of local dining awards every year, was the #1 place people would recommend. It was never not packed. Every ingredient came frozen off the Sysco truck at 3am once a week. Shells, drums of sauce, all the same stuff that got delivered to the public schools for lunches. The lasagna was literally Stouffers and people were shelling out $8 for a hunk of it. It was the only non Hut/Dominos/Papa Johns/Little Caesars that stayed in business and it just dominated.

But when I wanted pizza I went to Caseys, which is a gas station. They had the best pizza in town imo, given the options available.

A Greek fellow opened a gyro place a block away and his food was f'ing incredible. Crushed instantly though. Same with the sushi bar and the deli. Was sad.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Casey's pizza is worse then eating a handful of used bandages

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Casey's pizza is worse then eating a handful of used bandages

Nah, it's p. good but always way overrated by locals.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

OctoberBlues posted:

Nah, it's p. good but always way overrated by locals.

Let me clarify: I'd rather eat loving domino's

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Steak and cheese, italian herbs, old english, no bacon, no avacado, toasted thanks, lettuce, onion, carrots, olives, chipotle sauce, salt and pepper thanks. Large coke please.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
5 guys

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
a good(tm) sandwich is the following:

* nice bread of your choice
* thin shaved roast beef
* lettuce
* sliced red onion
* little bit of mayo
* provolone cheese
* tiny bit of salt and pepper

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008

MrChupon posted:

I'm partial to cheeba hut

Boulder sucks.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Cast Iron Brick posted:

Boulder sucks.

eat poo poo

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008

Tom Gorman posted:

Makes sense about the subs.

Re: pizza - Long time ago in college I worked at the busiest restaurant in in the city making pizza. Place somehow won all kinds of local dining awards every year, was the #1 place people would recommend. It was never not packed. Every ingredient came frozen off the Sysco truck at 3am once a week. Shells, drums of sauce, all the same stuff that got delivered to the public schools for lunches. The lasagna was literally Stouffers and people were shelling out $8 for a hunk of it. It was the only non Hut/Dominos/Papa Johns/Little Caesars that stayed in business and it just dominated.

But when I wanted pizza I went to Caseys, which is a gas station. They had the best pizza in town imo, given the options available.

A Greek fellow opened a gyro place a block away and his food was f'ing incredible. Crushed instantly though. Same with the sushi bar and the deli. Was sad.

Truman State?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Lmao I love your AV

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Let me clarify: I'd rather eat loving domino's
i don't think domino's qualifies as pizza

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Lmao I love your AV

namaste

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I'm really happy that my description was on point enough that you nailed it on the first try. That place was beyond shameful.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Di'Bella's

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I went to this place called Are You Hungry while visiting Penn State once and it was really good. They put french fries in the sub amongst other tasty things.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I went to this place called Are You Hungry while visiting Penn State once and it was really good. They put french fries in the sub amongst other tasty things.

Sounds like they were trying to be edgy like Primanti's.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hector Beerlioz posted:

the only benefit of visiting Penn State

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jersey Mikes big kahuna is god tier

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

symbolic posted:

the only benefit of visiting Penn State

unless you're a 6 year old boy who likes getting molested in locker rooms.

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008

Tom Gorman posted:

I'm really happy that my description was on point enough that you nailed it on the first try. That place was beyond shameful.

I used to barista at the Christian coffee shop. That town leaves a loving impression.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

etalian posted:

Jersey Mikes big kahuna is god tier

can confirm

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Didn't read this thread but did anybody say wegmans.

Because it's wegmans.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Panch posted:

Because it's wegmans.

It's a grocery store but the subs are better than any sandwich place.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Cast Iron Brick posted:

I used to barista at the Christian coffee shop. That town leaves a loving impression.

Sure does. Java Co.? It's weird to even think about that place now. I worked there too. Hope you ended up someplace positive.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Panch posted:

Because it's wegmans.

Lol just lol if you don't say Jim's Steakout. Buffalo NY represent

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

blorpo's

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Quiznos. There I said it.

I think they outta bidnizz.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Champenema posted:

Quiznos. There I said it.

I think they outta bidnizz.

No, they just closed a huge amount of stores cause they grew out too fast. I can walk to one, I'm blessed.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
all the quiznos in my area got turned into which wiches

i miss taking an entirely inappropriate amount of pickles and banana peppers from the self serve bar

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Jersey Mike's is fukken trash. I actually was so surprised they existed outside of this armpit state I had a look on google maps and they're apparently nation wide.

Most local sub places in New Jersey follow the "nauseating amount of processed meats and cheeses" formula. Like so:

Do yourself a favor and get a sub like that instead.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

yes please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
"nauseating amount of processed meats and cheeses" is literally one of my favorite things in the world

• Locked thread