Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Albino Squirrel posted:

My wife got me an XBox One for Christmas. This game looks like the tits but I hear the framerate is brutal on the Xbox. Has the patch fixed things to make it playable yet?

Obvious solution is to exchange your boner for a ps4 or towards a pc videocard so you'll have games to play in the future. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Wow, for a balls out action game that was the worst ending I've ever played. Still an awesome game, though.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

What the hell am I doing wrong with flying in jc3? I can never accelerate any propeller plane fast enough to take off. And it only seems to go up to 70kmh when I hold l2 and r2. And the turbo never seems to activate, even on a rebel drop plane.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
Isn't l2 the brake? That might be your issue.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Also let go of R2 to let the turbo recharge.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Nuts and Gum posted:

Wow, for a balls out action game that was the worst ending I've ever played. Still an awesome game, though.

I like that there was a health bar, but you could just tether it to the ground and end it in like 5 seconds.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

When I hold r2, it only goes up to 50km. Oddly it goes faster on the ground with l2 and r2 together and when it's in the air, l2 brakes. But in the ground it reverses without r2.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Bought this game last night with some spare Christmas cash and had to request a refund this morning.. The game seems fun enough for what it is but the always online leaderboard bs is invasive as hell, especially when the Squeenix servers are apparently always up and down. I'm usually not the guy to get bent out of shape about online leaderboards and whatnot but my experience has been really frustrating. I'll think about picking this up down the line when the price drops more and if they've removed the need to be connected to play.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

explosivo posted:

Bought this game last night with some spare Christmas cash and had to request a refund this morning.. The game seems fun enough for what it is but the always online leaderboard bs is invasive as hell, especially when the Squeenix servers are apparently always up and down. I'm usually not the guy to get bent out of shape about online leaderboards and whatnot but my experience has been really frustrating. I'll think about picking this up down the line when the price drops more and if they've removed the need to be connected to play.

You can turn off the online leaderboards by simply blocking the program in your firewall so it's unable to connect. You can still play if you're offline, you may be asked to paste in an authorization code the first time you try to play offline, but if your copy is legit it's a simple copy and paste the first time and never again afterwards.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ineffiable posted:

When I hold r2, it only goes up to 50km. Oddly it goes faster on the ground with l2 and r2 together and when it's in the air, l2 brakes. But in the ground it reverses without r2.

Try pulling the stick back or holding D?
Like, you gotta get them flaps involved, kiddo.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Trying to connect to lovely servers every time I want to look at the map is cool

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Geokinesis posted:

I like that there was a health bar, but you could just tether it to the ground and end it in like 5 seconds.

Lmao I wanna replay that last fight now. They must have run out of Dev time suddenly and focused on bug fixes instead, I mean the game references the last ending, and everyone loved it.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Putting steam in offline mode disables all that poo poo.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

pun pundit posted:

Putting steam in offline mode disables all that poo poo.

I'm playing on PS4 so that's a no go, unfortunately :/

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Emron posted:

I'm playing on PS4 so that's a no go, unfortunately :/

pun pundit posted:

Putting steam in offline mode unchecking 'connect to the internet' disables all that poo poo.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Awesome, I'll give that a try tonight. Thanks!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I beat the final boss battlefield 2 style. I landed an airdrop on his rear end

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Albino Squirrel posted:

My wife got me an XBox One for Christmas. This game looks like the tits but I hear the framerate is brutal on the Xbox. Has the patch fixed things to make it playable yet?

its totally playable on xbox one. it certainly has bugs but not as much as the PC version and I havent had any trouble with framerate

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
It plays great on xbone frame rate wise, looks brill. It's the lovely load times that are a hassle.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Earwicker posted:

its totally playable on xbox one. it certainly has bugs but not as much as the PC version and I havent had any trouble with framerate

I have resorted to taking the entire XBONE offline to play this game for the past week or so. The ~2min "GAME HAS GONE OFFLINE" naggings are a huge kick in the dick while I'm in the middle of gliding.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Maybe I'm too used to JC2 but I miss being able to pull guys off ledges with the grappling hook. Also Rico's voice and face have completely changed.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Bill NYSE posted:

I have resorted to taking the entire XBONE offline to play this game for the past week or so. The ~2min "GAME HAS GONE OFFLINE" naggings are a huge kick in the dick while I'm in the middle of gliding.

Yeah I forgot to add the frequent failure to connect to the SE servers do interrupt things quite a lot.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich

nexus6 posted:

Maybe I'm too used to JC2 but I miss being able to pull guys off ledges with the grappling hook. Also Rico's voice and face have completely changed.

There's a lot of stuff I miss from JC2. Sprinting, rolling, pulling guys towards you, being able to whip dudes. :(

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

monkeytennis posted:

It plays great on xbone frame rate wise, looks brill. It's the lovely load times that are a hassle.

The only lovely part on the xbone is the foliage pop in is really, really ugly. But the rest is great, terrain draw distance and frame rate are fine even in the Michael Bay-est segments.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
got it as a gift for my girlfriend for the ps4. Its pretty good, the controls take a bit to get used too as does the traversal, but its pretty fun game.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Occasionally I think I should just go back and play JC2 since JC3 disappointed me. Then I remember having to find boxes using the sonar to liberate locations and I realise maybe JC3 isn't all bad

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
Anyone know the Square Enix JC3 servers so I can block them in my router?

Playing on Xbox and the constant connection drops are driving me mad. It takes over a minute to reconnect to the servers, and 'offline' mode tries to connect every two minutes or when I open the map. Id rather not have to manually unplug my Ethernet every time I want to play the game...

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Mr Snips posted:

Occasionally I think I should just go back and play JC2 since JC3 disappointed me. Then I remember having to find boxes using the sonar to liberate locations and I realise maybe JC3 isn't all bad

To be honest that's the only complaint I have with JC2. JC3 does not feel like an improved sequel, more of a remake with JC2 features removed.
  • The gear mod system is weird - it just seems to be new types of grenades and stuff? So there aren't any upgrades for carrying more ammo or having more health/armor?
  • miniguns/turrets are even slower now, less aim/maneuverability, you're less protected, and cause less damage
  • rebel drops exploding, rolling/crashing away, poor placement/orientation in general. Really annoying when I order a chopper, it explodes on delivery and have to wait 40 minutes for a replacement
  • no mini-map, and the main map is much less detailed/interesting to look at than jc2's. Why did they think removing the minimap was a good idea?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Isometric Bacon posted:

Anyone know the Square Enix JC3 servers so I can block them in my router?

Playing on Xbox and the constant connection drops are driving me mad. It takes over a minute to reconnect to the servers, and 'offline' mode tries to connect every two minutes or when I open the map. Id rather not have to manually unplug my Ethernet every time I want to play the game...

Go to your XBONE settings and under Network you can tell it to go offline and completely disconnect from your network.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Cool ending, game.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Just started playing this again after taking break before the patch, what happened to the leaderboards? It says I'm connected online, but I'm the only one who shows up. I gotta top all those randoms.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8KnCaocyCo

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Neat

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I tried to autocomplete justeat.co.uk into firefox and I ended up coming here.

So uh, yeah I'll have Lamb Jaipuri with Pilau rice, with a side order of GIMME THAT MP MOD RIGHT NOW :dance:

mune
Sep 23, 2006
Anybody have any suggestions on changing up the kb+m controls for wingsuiting, etc? It feels pretty tough to do some of the tricks (air brake, etc) using the left-shift method. What do you all use? Default controls or change them up?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

mune posted:

Anybody have any suggestions on changing up the kb+m controls for wingsuiting, etc? It feels pretty tough to do some of the tricks (air brake, etc) using the left-shift method. What do you all use? Default controls or change them up?

I use default controls I think for everything on the wingsuit, and I 5 geared all the challenges. The only thing I'd suggest (if it's even possible), is change the cancel grapple button to somethign different from the air brake button. But I think they are pretty much linked.

mune
Sep 23, 2006

AirRaid posted:

I use default controls I think for everything on the wingsuit, and I 5 geared all the challenges. The only thing I'd suggest (if it's even possible), is change the cancel grapple button to somethign different from the air brake button. But I think they are pretty much linked.

Hmm. Ok, I guess I'll just try to practice a bit more. Thanks.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

nexus6 posted:

To be honest that's the only complaint I have with JC2. JC3 does not feel like an improved sequel, more of a remake with JC2 features removed.
  • The gear mod system is weird - it just seems to be new types of grenades and stuff? So there aren't any upgrades for carrying more ammo or having more health/armor?
  • miniguns/turrets are even slower now, less aim/maneuverability, you're less protected, and cause less damage
  • rebel drops exploding, rolling/crashing away, poor placement/orientation in general. Really annoying when I order a chopper, it explodes on delivery and have to wait 40 minutes for a replacement
  • no mini-map, and the main map is much less detailed/interesting to look at than jc2's. Why did they think removing the minimap was a good idea?

There's upgrades to carry more grenades and I think just the rocket launcher ammo, so there's that. Health/armor would have been nice, though. I also am disappointed the minigun feels so much weaker now :( Hopping into an outpost, grabbing a minigun, then just strolling around and blowing poo poo up was one of my favorite parts of JC2.

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin
I got the Caught 'Em All! achievement this morning.

The most frustrating vehicle to get was the Squalo X7.

In the end it turned out to be one of the most rewarding experiences I had in the game and was fun as hell in the process.

Here's how I did it:
There's one that spawns in a lake in the North East in Litore Torto. It's the lake with the ruins in it. I drove it onto the land on the Eastern side of the lake and then grappled it up the hill a bit. Once up there I grappled it through the forest for a little bit where it starts to slope down the mountain. This is where the wild ride begins. When it started to slide down, I jumped in and rode it down the side of the mountain into the sea and got over 2 km in Land Ho! during the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah I had to look it up since I was trying the point on the western lake and it kept blowing up on me and the strongest helicopter can't really carry it with fully upgraded tethers. I tried putting it in the back of the giant dump truck to no avail and just ended up with a flaming boat carcass.

I'm now trying to 5 gear the challenges. :suicide:. The mountain marathon wingsuit challenge can go gently caress itself. I spent like an hour and a half trying to get it. I finally did after countless runs of face planting a perfect run on the penultimate ring. I've already got all the target practice one's 5 geared, so it should theoretically be somewhat easy going from here on out. I wish the leaderboards on ps4 were working so I could lord my success over random nerds.

• Locked thread