Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Melmac posted:

Anyone post this yet?

Amazingly, "Huntyr" doesn't even crack the top 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Making fun of black people names is so ingrained that I think a lot of people sincerely don't know how racist they are being.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
So misspelling a common white person name is what counts in this thread?

I know white people named Malachi, Michaelea, & Theodore. One of my friends will give his son the middle name of Merlin.

Personally I like classical antiquity names. Caesar, Hannibal, Hadrian, Athena, Persephone, Helen(a), Agamemnon.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

The Sphinxster posted:

Making fun of black people names is so ingrained that I think a lot of people sincerely don't know how racist they are being.

Especially when it hits the fever pitch of "my mom's friend's sister's neighbor's cousin is a nurse, and she delivered twin black babies named Orangejello and Lemonjello CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!"

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
ive got the eastern european version of alexander but everyone just thinks my parents named me a special snowflake name

in reality my dad just cant loving spell english words worth a poo poo and the spelling is irrelevant to the pronunciation in either language

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

you were warned posted:

Especially when it hits the fever pitch of "my mom's friend's sister's neighbor's cousin is a nurse, and she delivered twin black babies named Orangejello and Lemonjello CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!"

Even crazier when someone claims they know the person who personally witnessed it. They want it to be true so badly.

The dash don't be silent.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

This is my son, Darlax XII Supreme Defender of the Second Federation

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Have you met mein little furher? Adolf, come over here.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
what if you accidentally name your child romulus thinking that you chose a regal, imperial sounding name

then some fuckin nerds show up

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
Pie-eyed woman living in a van with one flat tire, high all the time, slurring, full back unfinished tattoo she's trading handjobs for to her neighbor 200 yards away who lives in a half-buried school bus. Handjobs turn into immaculate conception, I guess, because suddenly, before her back tat is finished, along comes a very special boy named

TADEN.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

theres a whole chapter in freakonomics about those goofy black names thats kinda interesting but you need to take it with a bulldozer of salt like the rest of freakonomics

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
you know wats a beautiful name

scylla

like a flower, or something, right

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm sure Penn Jillette's kids Moxie Crimefighter & Zolten Jillette hate him.

BelgianWaffle
Aug 25, 2002
damn Belgian
I'm a high earner so my kids need to have high earning names

Jean Jacques
Jean Luc
Louis Sebastien

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
my idiot white trash cousin named her daughter "california justice". we live in california. i wish i was making this up.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Blue Raider posted:

theres a whole chapter in freakonomics about those goofy black names thats kinda interesting but you need to take it with a bulldozer of salt like the rest of freakonomics

man that book was all over the place when i was a teenager and i thought it was like... important. or at least interesting. when i was like 16-17 i saw it next to all of my grandparents bill o'reilly books and figured that it would probably be a massive waste of my time to read

glad i wasn't wrong

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

the great deceiver posted:

my idiot white trash cousin named her daughter "california justice". we live in california. i wish i was making this up.

i know a girl that goes by 'cali' but their full name is callista and that is fuckin solid imo

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

the great deceiver posted:

What constitutes "California Justice?" Being excessive in regulations? Being bilingual? Having a cool top but a hot bottom?

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
Living in the back of an old garbage truck, Corey grew his hair long and painted his toenails. Raised in a hardcore S.C.U.M. commune, he'd had a hard time as a little boy. His many mothers left his testicles intact, however, and in time he managed to impregnate a 300-pound paranoid schizophrenic. Hark! The angels sing for baby

KALI.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Android Bicyclist posted:

What constitutes "California Justice?" Being excessive in regulations? Being bilingual? Having a cool top but a hot bottom?

that was my first reaction too, i figured it was dangerous levels of overcrowding, poor psychiatric care and an unfair number of mexicans

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

nigga crab pollock posted:

i know a girl that goes by 'cali' but their full name is callista and that is fuckin solid imo

she's only 6 months old but the family has decided that we will all call her "callie" assuming she is not taken by CPS and has any idea who we are

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Blue Raider posted:

Their conclusion that stupid people give their kids dumb names isn't really groundbreaking or controversial. It just makes people uncomfortable to admit that sometimes, people are just idiots.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Just take a random boys name and give it to your girl. Boom, instant nouveau millennial poo poo.

Eventually, girls will all be namedPeter and Jason and Frank. Parents will have to start naming their boys things like WarDog and Improvised Explosive Device.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

BigBoss posted:

Their conclusion that stupid people give their kids dumb names isn't really groundbreaking or controversial. It just makes people uncomfortable to admit that sometimes, people are just idiots.

basically yeah. iirc its takes what it thinks peoples assumptions are (dumb names hold you back in life) and expounds on it by saying that it isnt dumb names that hold you back but instead its coming from a household that would give a kid a dumb name. its kinda a truism i guess

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
In the gated community north of Phoenix called Anthem, McKinley and Stryker Feebs are underwater on their McMansion, but they know God will see them through. What happens when Stryker loses his job as a cop for shooting a homeless man? He fucks some good into the world to offset the bad. A blessed new addition named

KAIXLEE

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
This is Barrington-Levy- and her little brother, Tazer!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Maoist Pussy posted:

This is Barrington-Levy- and her little brother, Tazer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_dwpUrWkE4

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
A friend of mine recently griped about her friend Allyson's baby shower invitation, which specified that it was a potluck but please do not bring anything with gluten, nuts, cheese, chocolate, nitrites, sulfites, MSG, etc. etc. Which is basically the most millennial thing ever, but if my name were spelled Allyson, I'd be a loving mess, too.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Your friend should have brought those edible styrofoam packing peanuts in a bowl.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
The food-purity thing is just a form of Brahmanism, right?

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I want to name my kid "Ladies and Gentlemen," so when it gets into a ruckus I can say, "Ladies and Gentlemen, PLEASE!"

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

:(

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I was born in 1984 and my first name is my fraternal grandmother's maiden last name and my middle name is my paternal grandmother's maiden last name.

My parents were the first nouveau white people.

My name is Sanderstein McDougle.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Only the first sentence of that is true though.

- Sanderstein McDougle, ESQ.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Android Bicyclist posted:

I'm sure Penn Jillette's kids Moxie Crimefighter & Zolten Jillette hate him.
the names are probably irrelevant to this honestly

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i want to make a robert's rules of order joke but im not feeling particularly clever right now

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

I saw a dude with the name "Cayde" tattooed on his forearm in that fancy script writing. I laughed.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
"California Justice" is the most Redding name in history especially if you say it like a voice over guy

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Hebrew/Judeo-Christian names or gtfo, also its cool to look for name patterns among ur ancestors and keep the tradition going

plus they actually mean something and it's usually cool as gently caress (compared to dumb rear end native american names)

The name Mary is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Mary is: Wished-for child; rebellion; bitter

The name Michael is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Michael is: Who is like God?

The name Jacob is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Jacob is: He grasps the heel.

The name Daniel is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Daniel is: God is my Judge.

see what i mean?

Romance language names are the same thing but sometimes they sound much cooler! However - pls don't go naming ur kid Antonio if they are sans any Latin blood and so on

Michael is also one of the greatest names for identifying morons due to misspelling, there are a few other names like this but that prob the prime example due the popularity and frequency of loving it up.

I had a great grand uncle named Ambrose, which was derived from the Greek name Ambrosios meaning "immortal" according to google...despite this such a name today would really be best used as a middle name if at all

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012
I was very nearly named Amos.

• Locked thread