Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
This thread is taking a weird turn into goofy sincerity and fandom.

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 3, 2016

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Toadvine posted:

This thread is taking a weird turn into goofy sincerity and fandom

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
IG-88 shows up at an Imperial Detention Center
IG-88: "*Series of beeps*"
Stormtrooper: You can't see her, she's being interrogated.
IG-88: *Series of beeps*
Stormtrooper: Listen droid, she's going to be in there a while, so just go wait over there...
IG scans room.
IG-88: *Series of ominous beeps*
IG-88 leaves, flies Tie Fighter into the doors of the building.

Kylo Reece ends up getting Sarey Connor pregnant, too.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

I cannot believe this thread is still going, please let a new sperg media product come out so you all can jerk off to Babylon 5's accurate depiction of Newtonian physics or whatever

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

MiracleWhale posted:

I cannot believe this thread is still going, please let a new sperg media product come out so you all can jerk off to Babylon 5's accurate depiction of Newtonian physics or whatever

Only like 11 months to rogue 1

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

bumped like i'm gonna bump my fist into kylo ren's face

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Snoke reminded me of the Wizard of Oz. I give this movie two thumbs up.

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch
Aug 8, 2005

Obamunist Troll Bot: Built to bring a One World Government to the People
If she was Obi's daughter she'd be in her 30's assuming his last act as an old as dirt hermit man was to knock up some prostitute

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch posted:

If she was Obi's daughter she'd be in her 30's assuming his last act as an old as dirt hermit man was to knock up some prostitute

It's assumed he came back in his ghost form to bang prostitutes as well as give Luke sage advice

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Arian_Samurai posted:

It's assumed he came back in his ghost form to bang prostitutes as well as give Luke sage advice

Who wouldn't

Jub jub indeed

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Arian_Samurai posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDThrTxWBmw

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
you know come to think of it surely t he Republic is really just the Empire but minus the emperor and probably most of the top brass. then again i guess the Empire was also really just the Republic but with the Emperor in charge eventually letting Darth Vader go nuts and destroy their bureaucracy. so its not so bad they all got killed is what im saying

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Arian_Samurai posted:

Half of the New Zealand economy is now due to Andy Serkis motion capture work.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Arian_Samurai posted:

Snoke will be revealed to be Luke in disguise, who was the one who actually killed his students. Kylo will find this out in ep VIII by, let's say Moe.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I would be very disappointed if Luke turns out to be a bad guy. He had his fun in Jedi, he doesn't need to be a psycho.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
i would think it was rad. i hope he does the joker voice.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Snoke is actually Walt Disney who is actually Darth Plagueis.

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch
Aug 8, 2005

Obamunist Troll Bot: Built to bring a One World Government to the People

eSports Chaebol posted:

you know come to think of it surely t he Republic is really just the Empire but minus the emperor and probably most of the top brass. then again i guess the Empire was also really just the Republic but with the Emperor in charge eventually letting Darth Vader go nuts and destroy their bureaucracy. so its not so bad they all got killed is what im saying

Yeah man, it's lovely space ROME with space wizards

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Junior Jr. posted:

I don't get how this 'captain phasma' is supposed to be "badass" other than she wears silver chrome stormtrooper armor, only shows up in 3 scenes and does nothing but walk, hold a rifle, and gets her rear end kicked.

what a great character.

you just described boba fett aside from him having a fight scene

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ArmZ posted:

mary sue is dog whistle for "girls cannot be a real main character"

You people are literally saying that it's sexist to hold female protagonists to the same standard as modern male protagonists.
gently caress off to whatever subforum you crawled out of.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Toadvine posted:

I also have a huge crush on Poe so I hope he and Finn continue hanging out and stoking that chemistry

my gay friends are really excited about even the possibility of a gay character, so i hope that if they do make poe and/or finn gay, it's not just to satisfy pervy weirdos like myself

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
This year will remembered as the day star wars turned into a feminist-friendly sci-fi movie and pissed off a lot of raging fanboys

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
From now on, Jabrams has turned Star Wars into PC Wars

Every alien, human, race, and gender in the galaxy is equally diverse and if you don't like any of them then you're part of the problem

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Junior Jr. posted:

This year will remembered as the day star wars turned into a feminist-friendly sci-fi movie and pissed off a lot of raging fanboys

But it's always been feminist friendly? Yeah, the prequels had a queen-run Naboo, but in the original trilogy, Leia was the face of the rebellion in the very first movie, and even in Return of the Jedi we had Leia basically strangling the white male gaze to death and Mon Mothma as the head of the assault on the second Death Star.

This is just another case of this generation thinking they've discovered something that's already been established long before they even thought it up.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

ruddiger posted:

But it's always been feminist friendly? Yeah, the prequels had a queen-run Naboo, but in the original trilogy, Leia was the face of the rebellion in the very first movie, and even in Return of the Jedi we had Leia basically strangling the white male gaze to death and Mon Mothma as the head of the assault on the second Death Star.

This is just another case of this generation thinking they've discovered something that's already been established long before they even thought it up.

Isn't this the same generation that thought Rey was a mary sue and kept using it as an argument against the force awakens?

Also I guess this adds evidence to George being an SJW.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

SJW's are paper tigers that only exist on the internet. Lucas is a champion against the white mainstream. He doesn't give a poo poo about your empty causes or fanboyism, which is why he went and made his prequel trilogy with no compromises to the whims of fandom and why he's building affordable public housing in white affluent neighborhoods.

Lucas is Tarantino but with the pocketbook to really do some damage, all under the guise of a PG-rated attitude.

George Lucas loving owns.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

ruddiger posted:

SJW's are paper tigers that only exist on the internet. Lucas is a champion against the white mainstream. He doesn't give a poo poo about your empty causes or fanboyism, which is why he went and made his prequel trilogy with no compromises to the whims of fandom and why he's building affordable public housing in white affluent neighborhoods.

Lucas is Tarantino but with the pocketbook to really do some damage, all under the guise of a PG-rated attitude.

George Lucas loving owns.

The fanboys may be raging, but George is laughing with $4 billion in the bank. He knows how to suck his fans' wallets dry that's for sure.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Junior Jr. posted:

The fanboys may be raging, but George is laughing with $4 billion in the bank. He knows how to suck his fans' wallets dry that's for sure.

I thought all that money was donated away.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

my gay friends are really excited about even the possibility of a gay character, so i hope that if they do make poe and/or finn gay, it's not just to satisfy pervy weirdos like myself

gonna be really disappointed if poe isnt smart enough to only love a dog

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Junior Jr. posted:

My favorite story is how he had a dispute with his neighbors in the ultra snobby Marin county since he wanted to build a small movie studio on his property.

After getting blocked he said he would donate some of his land for low income housing.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

etalian posted:

After getting blocked he said he would donate some of his land for low income housing.

wait so are you saying he used the threat of low income housing as retaliation for them refusing to let him build his movie studio?

v progressive lol

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

Otisburg posted:

I think this is a dece theory that explains why she was left with a lovely garbage monster instead of a loved one. Also her flashback seems to show him protecting her from a death blow from another knight of Ren

Ben can't bring himself to kill fam so he uses his sith brain magic to wipe her identity, drops her off on a crap world never to leave and splits the difference.

Grieving Luke thinks he daughter dead and goes into hermitage,

drat nailed it.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Junior Jr. posted:

I think it's badass that a movie can suck today but if its a Major Corporate Brand and does token appeals to women its a masterpiece.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Anyone who likes women or homosexuals should watch Carol and not syar wars, Carol is a good movie

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MiracleWhale posted:

wait so are you saying he used the threat of low income housing as retaliation for them refusing to let him build his movie studio?

v progressive lol

Yes stuff like low income housing terrifies rich people, so it was a good troll by Lucas

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuL4fKoQ0UE

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

etalian posted:

Yes stuff like low income housing terrifies rich people, so it was a good troll by Lucas

Low income housing terrifies everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKLyDN06BHw

not as bad as a fridge full of liquefying and decaying dead cats, but it's close.

They turned an apartment complex near me into a Low Income Housing site and right away the murders and drug bullshit started.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

lol

• Locked thread