Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

What the hell, this rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
The face is really great!

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

:stare: :fh:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ToyotaThong posted:

I sold my Warhound a decade ago for strip club money, but the box is still in my collection.

You are a man of my own heart, I need to catalog all my unused GW sprues and sell them for strip club money :3:

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

ToyotaThong posted:

I sold my Warhound a decade ago for strip club money, but the box is still in my collection.

At the time, there was an arms race of epic proportions.
I owned a Warhound, a Shadowsword, and a Baneblade.
One buddy owned a pair of Warhounds and a Reaver.
Another owned THREE of the Phantom Titans.
Good times :)

I love the description. GW is much too earnest for something that flippant these days.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

ToyotaThong posted:

Best of the Worst: I refuse to buy minis with titties, but will sell minis to see titties

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Have we noted that 'games workshop approved' is crossed out with a marker?

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
I'm pretty sure, even in second edition 40k, that you wouldn't take a Titan for 1x Lascannon and 1x Autocannon.

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011

No Pun Intended posted:

I'm pretty sure, even in second edition 40k, that you wouldn't take a Titan for 1x Lascannon and 1x Autocannon.

I'll have to look in the garage for any of the old datafaxes. I remembered seeing at least one a few months ago.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

SRM posted:

I follow Dakka Dakka on Facebook for whatever reason and they posted this as their image of the day or whatever:

I can see why.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

At least the poo poo went on toilet paper.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

No Pun Intended posted:

To be fair they're really big versions of those guns.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

SRM posted:

To be fair they're really big versions of those guns.

It also has two void shields and an option for inferno gun (flamer), plasma blast gun (plasma gun) and multiple missile launcher (missile launcher)!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

How much was that old titan? Now they cost just a ridiculous amount t of money but did they always? Also are they worth the money in game? Like is a titan any good?

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

a riveting conversation from dark sphere's WM/H group

quote:

Female trueblood warpwolf i am working on

bit more done

Like · · Get Notifications · Share · February 14

quote:

it's missing 3 more pairs!!!
February 14 at 10:58pm · Edited · Like · 2

quote:

no it is not then why is male one missing them as well
February 15 at 6:44am · Like

quote:

Appart from missing the extra boobies you are creating something you will regreat!!!
February 15 at 10:43am · Like

quote:

no you are wrong most female were wolfs have only one pair
February 15 at 10:45am · Like

quote:

see

February 15 at 10:48am · Like

quote:

Those are like sexualised worewolves from Twilight movies with sparkling vampires. I thought you were creating a killing machine!
February 15 at 10:59am · Like

quote:

no i can say watch ginger snaps and tell me that werewolf has 4 pairs of breasts
February 15 at 11:00am · Like

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Are you telling us that the warmahordes fluff does not definitively answer the question of how many boobs a female werewolf has while in Wolf form?

What sort of second rate, barely fleshed (heh) out fictional world is this anyway?

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Len posted:

How much was that old titan? Now they cost just a ridiculous amount t of money but did they always? Also are they worth the money in game? Like is a titan any good?

Titans can be utterly devastating in-game. Whether or not they are worth the cost is up to the user (as is pretty much anything else in this silly game). My reaver can push out eight strength D shots a turn; this can be horrendously powerful... but honestly, massed lascannon shots can be the equal or better of most superheavy weapons. The difference for titans is that they tend to be extremely durable, largely immune to most psychic attacks and have weapons that cannot be disabled.

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011

Len posted:

If memory serves correct it was $80 back in '95.
Yes, it was worth it in most games.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fearless posted:

Titans can be utterly devastating in-game. Whether or not they are worth the cost is up to the user (as is pretty much anything else in this silly game). My reaver can push out eight strength D shots a turn; this can be horrendously powerful... but honestly, massed lascannon shots can be the equal or better of most superheavy weapons. The difference for titans is that they tend to be extremely durable, largely immune to most psychic attacks and have weapons that cannot be disabled.

It's like, you know how the US orders drone strikes on Iran nuclear scientists because the US doesn't want Iran to have nukes because the US wants to push them around and we don't gently caress with countries that have nukes no matter how bad they are? It's kind of like that.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I applaud that guy's friend for relentlessly trolling him.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

ToyotaThong posted:

If memory serves correct it was $80 back in '95.
Yes, it was worth it in most games.

That's actually pretty reasonable for space barbies

That works out to ~$125 in 2015 money, so it's like a third of the price of a Warhound Titan from FW today.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

That's actually pretty reasonable for space barbies

That works out to ~$125 in 2015 money, so it's like a third of the price of a Warhound Titan from FW today.

It's also like 1/8th as detailed and 10x goofier.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
True, but many would argue that the goofier 90s 40k aesthetic was better than the super-serious one these days.

Anyway, conversions and customisations are encouraged in this hobby. Much better to use that titan as a base for conversions than a super expensive FW one.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

True, but many would argue that the goofier 90s 40k aesthetic was better than the super-serious one these days.

Anyway, conversions and customisations are encouraged in this hobby. Much better to use that titan as a base for conversions than a super expensive FW one.

If you're gonna convert it anyway to try to make it look like something with a modern aesthetic, start with a cheap toy robot or something instead of a years out of production resin model that people would be willing to pay upwards of $400 for.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

sell armorcast, buy chinacast

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

An Ork with a lot of dakka.

An Ork with an arm cannon with a knife tied to it.

An Ork rocking the faceless terminator style.

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
Stolen from reddit

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
No X-TIE, immersion ruined

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Dude, third ship from the left

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Are these from the new movie?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Not a viking posted:

Dude, third ship from the left

That's not an X-TIE, an X-TIE is an X-Wing fuselage with TIE solar panels, not the other way around :goonsay:

The S-foils on a TIE ball design was referred to somewhere but they called it something different

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Those are some neat uglies!

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

JerryLee posted:

That's not an X-TIE, an X-TIE is an X-Wing fuselage with TIE solar panels, not the other way around :goonsay:

The S-foils on a TIE ball design was referred to somewhere but they called it something different

Isn't that a TYE Wing?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

mike12345 posted:

Are these from the new movie?

Sadly not. The new movie is sorely lacking in cool spaceships.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
So is that post

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Kilo147 posted:

Isn't that a TYE Wing?

The speed of a Y-wing with the armament of a TIE, the ultimate fighter.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Kilo147 posted:

Isn't that a TYE Wing?

A TYE-wing or DIE-wing is a TIE ball with Y-wing engine nacelles (there's one of those in the pic, for the record).

e: and I love the Y-wing fuselage with two(!) B-wing engine/weapon sections attached. I can only assume that one came about because a pirate pilot kept going through different Ugly designs and always came back to the engineers saying "Still not enough torpedoes."

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

adamantium|wang posted:

So is that post

Uglies rule I will fight you

(Some of those do look p bad though, and it staggers me how much money people have spent making them. Presumably they had bought ridiculous amounts of stuff they didn't need for a tiny number of cards they wanted.)

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

thespaceinvader posted:

Sadly not. The new movie is sorely lacking in cool spaceships.

I've seen that one as concept art as a ship Rey might have built at one point, though I can't find it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

thespaceinvader posted:

Uglies rule I will fight you

(Some of those do look p bad though, and it staggers me how much money people have spent making them. Presumably they had bought ridiculous amounts of stuff they didn't need for a tiny number of cards they wanted.)

I got sad when I learned that xwing players actually do buy ships they don't want to get one or two of the cards they come with.

In that situation you might as well make some interesting conversions I guess!