Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Unfortunately for our sanguineous friend, he can't really get at the souls or emotions of the Orks and 'Nids. He does enjoy when they fight his servants though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Current: 402,874
Jan 4 Goal: 412,903
Feb 1 Goal: 500,000

Golgotha

Is it any surprise, then, that the Blood God was the first of the Great Enemies to bring his focus to Golgotha? It was the most violent place in the galaxy, more than Armageddon, more than Terra, nothing since the War of Heaven had come close to rivalling the blood flow of this place. Even before the Dark Mechanicus began constructing their pylons, there were Warp incursions, but with their aid, the forces of the Blood God came out in force.

Great rifts kilometers long tore open in the sky and and in the ground, tearing with great ferocity through the millions of bodies and still fighting. It was an odd thing, in some ways. The Tyranids and Great Enemy both made use of genestealers and posession, respectively - the conversion of the enemy. The Orks were immune to both, and the Tyranids and daemons were immune to the other. It was simply a matter of force on force.

Geysers of liquid brass erupted out of nothingness, and billions of daemons and cultists fell from the rift, already attacking everything they could see. The xenos met them with enthusiasm, a great thunderclap that shook the planet, and then the war continued in its new form. There was no territory to take, no vital resources - simply the act and participation of violence. Blood for the Blood God, Krumpin’ for Gork and Mork, biomatter for the Swarm.

Could there be said to be oceans of blood? The Tyranids spilled ichor, and the Orks spilled green. The cultists of the Blood God died as fast as they killed, and the weather itself seemed to shift. Was it an effect of the Warp? Or was it a ‘natural condition’, the result of so much death? For whatever reason, rainstorms were of mixed blood and ichor, and billions fought through swamps and lakes of it. A blood monsoon that never ended, a water cycle of the most horrific sort.

It was impossible to tell friend from enemy, but it scarcely mattered. Weapons fired as fast as they could, weapons swung and smashed flesh. Claws tore at meat, and champions arose and fell in hours, even handfuls of minutes. It was impossible for any one thing to live in this place, but still the hordes came, wanting to kill and die, forever and ever amen.

Loel fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jan 4, 2016

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 403,277

Golgotha

“Warmaster.”
De Vadallio glanced up at the screen. Most everyone aboard the bridge was half-asleep, but there was no one to replace them. She had ordered them out of combat, sure enough, but stations were still at red alert. Had to be. More fleets were arriving all the time, friendly and enemy both.

And this fleet… was gargantuan. She rubbed her eyes tiredly. It couldn’t be real could it? Her sensor officer should have reported it… Ah. He was fully asleep. Well, if this fleet wanted her to die, she couldn’t really do much, awake or no. Much like the xenos, the Machine-Spirits had given up trying to count the numbers.

And the face on the screen… wasn’t a face. Just a mesh of wires and tubing. Had they come to demand her surrender? She would detonate her ships first, no one wanted to be a project of the Dark Mechanicus. Still, maybe politeness would get her something.
“Magos.”
“I am the First Circuit of the Fabricator General. I am here to secure the STC.” The voice was hideous, barely understandable. The crunching of metal and breathing of pipes.
She blinked. Considered the words.

Oh. He was loyalist.

“You are a sight for sore eyes, First Circuit.”
“Yes, that is often a problem for organic eyes.”
“It’s… never mind. How can we help?”
“Where is the STC? We do not observe any planets matching the description.”
“It’s…” She waved. “In the xeno cloud.”
“I see. Please send us your navigational charts of its last known location.”
She blinked. “Magos, there are more xeno there that we’ve ever seen.”
“Yes. They are in the way.”
“Um. Okay. Here you go.” The charts were sent, and the Magos considered them.
“Hm. Yes. We shall return in 8.3 Terran Months, confidence 78% +- 3%.”
The Warmaster pulled her head back in shock. “What are you doing?”
“Getting our STC.”

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 403,596

Golgotha

The Ark Mechanicus were the premier fleet in the Imperium - indeed, better than any in the Imperium. They were the tens of thousands of Arks used to explore the galaxy, looking for any STC fragment possible. They held the most advanced technologies of Mars, and the most adaptable of the Magi. Individual armadas could destroy triple their mass in a typical battle.

This was their entire Crusade. Every Ark in existence had come to Golgotha.

They held the coordination of the inhuman Machine-Spirits, acting in perfect cohesion at the speed of silicon thought. Only the Tyranids could respond as quickly, and they were organic - the weakest form of life. For these were the Magi, fully given to the True-Flesh, and they were here to accept their birth right.

Thousands of Nova Cannons fired as one. Thousands of Life-Eater Torpedoes leapt into the void.

The Blood God had chosen to open his rifts on the planet itself, and the repercussions were thereby contained to a single planet. The Mechanicus Crusade was a creature of the deep void, and their weapons were meant as such. Hundreds of solar masses - millions of trillions of xeno lives - died in an instant, incinerated beyond replication. There would be no spores, no xeno-bacteria in the path of the Crusade. A massive hole, millions of kilometers in size, had been torn out of the xenoswarm.

As one, the fleet - the thousands of Ark Mechanicus - advanced towards where the charts said Golgotha was. This was their purpose, their destiny. Their reason for being. Skirmish ships opened up with tens of thousands of plasma cannons, great torpedoes, towers of genius and ferocity. The xeno-swarm was pushed back, even as the Fleet advanced.

Warmaster De Vadallio watched for as long as she could, until the xeno-swarm had filled the gap behind them. There would be no escape for that Crusade - only victory, or death.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 403,913

Golgotha

Metalline fingers reached out, handed her a cup. “You do have an eye for art, I will say.”
She smiled. “Thank you. It took a bit of effort getting everything in place, but I think it’s coming together nicely.”
“My dear, you have a talent for understatement. This…” he gestured “Is the finest diorama I have ever seen. Did you see the latest event?”
“You know I did.”
“Have you ever seen so many Arks in one place? Or so many variants of Tyranids fighting them? The diversity alone, it could make one cry.”
“Mm. And none have noticed the outermost wrapping.”
“Of course not.” He waved. “Primitives, not even knowing they are on a stage. Their sensors can barely see the system, let alone two light years away.”
“And the progress on that …?”
“Is going as planned. No unexpected occurrences, no raids, no sabotage. We’re having to dismantle several dead worlds, but they were marked for such an occasion.”
“Any side effects that the actors might notice?”
“Not particularly. If they got ahold of that STC -” He glanced meaningfully at her. “Yes, they would notice some of the temporal distortions.”
“That won’t be a problem.”
If his metal face had had eyebrows, he would have raised them. “Mm. How are you so sure? The Tyranids, certainly, have no interest in such a thing, but the Mechanicus might get lucky. Reach the screen, find some method of breaking it down.”
She chuckled. “It wouldn’t matter.”
“Mm. I see. But your little scheme won’t interfere with the diorama?”
“I think it will add to the pathos of it, frankly.”
He stood still, finally nodded. “Well, you do have an eye for art.”

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I like dioramas

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Slaanesh would approve. Khorne is going to be super strong any way this rurns out though. :ohdear:

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Blasphemaster posted:

Slaanesh would approve. Khorne is going to be super strong any way this rurns out though. :ohdear:

Depends on if the "diorama" totally snips it out of the real universe and nothing inside has anything to do with the warp. I could see that being seen as a feature from the Necron side of things.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 404,198

Macragge

“My Lord.”
“Speak.”
“The psykers are quite clear, as is the Emperor’s Tarot. The Message is true and factual. All ships to Golgotha.
The Space Marine stood, hands clasped behind his back. Looked out to his city. Rebuilt after the Tyranid invasion, now a place of Humanity. And the enslaved xeno, the Tau. He knew all the Space Marines of his line had returned to the Five Hundred worlds of Ultramar. Aside from Golgotha, it was probably the most heavily defended sections of space.

He knew Terra and Cadia had been stripped of their fleets, sent them into the cauldron.

“No.”
“My Lord?”
“Committing now would be foolish. The Great Enemy is expending all of their force, exhausting themselves. We shall be the reserve. Fresh for battle, while they are weary. Tell the Chapters to be follow the Codex, to be ready to attack a battle nearly ended.”
“Yes My Lord.”

Across the systems of Ultramar, the Tau continued their services to the Greater Good. Ancient weapons, perfected by xeno engineers, purified by ritualistic prayers. Railguns were becoming the primary weapon of the forces of the Ultramarines, and the Codex was being reinterpreted as it needed to be.

The Etherals of the Tau watched it happen. So, too, did the static form of the Primarch.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

LowellDND posted:

Across the systems of Ultramar, the Tau continued their services to the Greater Good. Ancient weapons, perfected by xeno engineers, purified by ritualistic prayers. Railguns were becoming the primary weapon of the forces of the Ultramarines, and the Codex was being reinterpreted as it needed to be.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Everything is fiiiiiiiine.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 404,432

Ophelia VII

“Oh, it could just make your heart sing, couldn’t it Sister?”
The Ecclesiarch smiled benignly down at the nuns conversing. He was no stranger to the sight of the fleets, or the cathedrals of the Faith - but seeing them all in one place could overwhelm those not used to it. Trillions of pilgrims, and hundreds of thousands of ships. All consecrated, all Cathedrals to the Faith.

The God-Emperor had spoken - that Golgotha was the place of final reckoning, where the forces of evil would be defeated once and for all. All the might of the Holy Church were being gathered here, the system of Ophelia, the second-most holy place in all the Imperium. Cathedrals spiraled into the atmosphere, and the dungeons of heretics pierced the mantle of the planet.

In deep space, every ship of the Church was being blessed, sanctified, prepared. The Last Crusade, the one that would confirm of the might of the Church forever. And the Imperium, of course. Let none doubt the power and faith of all the assembled Sororitas! Millions of pilgrims were even now being strapped into Penitent Engines, and billions more trained in the arts of war. Such was the will of the God-Emperor.

… Although, it was rather quiet, given what was happening. The Ecclesiarch glanced about him, wary. Assassinations were not unknown, although it was unlikely one could have reached one of the most holy and secure places in the Imperium. He reached for his hidden pistol anyway, just in case. Where were his guards? Where had the nuns gone?

He stepped into the shadows, reduced his profile. He had spent time in the Guard, although it was centuries ago. But there were some things you didn’t forget. Looked about him. Across the chamber, behind a set of massive pillars, a small child. He cocked the pistol, just in case. Assassins could be children, or look like children. But he wasn’t going to shoot a child just on the chance. Raised his voice.

“Hello, little one. What are you doing here?”
She looked up at him, smiled with too-deep eyes. “I love you.”

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

LowellDND posted:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 404,800

Elsewhere

“You can feel your Mind fading away. You are going to lose.”
She took a breath, stared at him. “I’m not out yet.”
“How many lifetimes have we fought? Do you even remember?” His voice turned teasing. “Or have I cut that away from you as well?”
“You aren’t as good as you think.”
“I just have to be better than you.”
“And I just have to outlast you.”
He laughed genuinely. “You see the pieces moving. In any of them, does she save you?”
“She isn’t out yet either.”
“You know how this is playing out. On Terra, on Golgotha, on Ophelia. You aren’t going to be saved. There is no rescue from this.” He smiled wider. “This is just the final chapter of the war began long ago.”
“You can’t predict her. None of us again.”
“Please. I have a full map of her brain, I know exactly what she’s going to do. And in no future does she come and rescue you.”
Hera grimaced a smile. “Perhaps I just want her to avenge me.”
“A little pet, concerned for her master? No, she would eat your flesh the moment you died. A Tech-Priest wants us for our knowledge, not for the people we could be.”
“And the person you are? The puppetmaster behind it all?”
“Stick with what you are good at, I always say.”
“Yeah.” Hera snarled. “And that has always ever been breaking other people’s works. You aren’t a creator, you aren’t a leader, you aren’t a warlord. You are the lovely little saboteur at the center of things, making things worse.”
He had stopped smiling. “I thought we were going to play nice. Dear Hera.”
“I am going to kill you. Dear Loki.”

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

LowellDND posted:

D'aww. It's good to see that in all the violence and despair, there is still the pure innocence of the child.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

sullat posted:

D'aww. It's good to see that in all the violence and despair, there is still the pure innocence of the child.

:3:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Just burn it all, nothing matters and we're all doomed.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We've really got to have a talk with Fabs about this whole "Not destroying our psyker abomination enemies." thing he keeps doing.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 405,092

Thule

“Dear sister. Do you know what is coming? How I break your Faith?”
“You don’t have any sympathy for her at all, do you?”
Anna glanced at her companion. “Ah. I was wondering when you would show up.”
“You know my role in this.”
“Certainly.” Anna looked back into the screen, staring into space. “And I do care. As well you know.”
“Your motivations remain as mysterious as they always have.”
“Please. I am simple to read, particularly to you. How many years have you known me?”
“Many. Many times many.”
“Right. And it’ll work.”
“You know it didn’t.”
Anna sighed, shrugged. “I know. Change a few pieces, move a few plans. It might work.”
“It won’t. You have as much experience with the Ways as anyone.”
Anna stood in silence. Looked at her companion. “And you don’t see a change.”
“You know how many times we’ve talked about this.”
“Yeah.” She sighed, shrugged. “Hope springs eternal.” Anna chuckled. “And we’ve certainly seen that, haven’t we.”
“Given that hope is your motivation, I can hardly imagine you choosing another entity to follow.”
“Heh. Wonder if I could, or did.”
“Maybe if you had worked with your cousin.”
“Heh. Maybe maybe maybe.”
“You knew the nature of this when it began.”
Anna looked at her companion again. “Yeah. But there’s knowing and then there’s knowing.”
“Once more into the breach.”
“And the bird eats her liver once again.”

Loel fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jan 4, 2016

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqRnYTNeHE4

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 405,332

Golgotha

“Warmaster.” A pause. “Is your fleet the only one here?”
De Vadallio looked up. A Space Marine was on the screen. Salamander, by the look of him.
“My Crusade defeated the Dark Mechanicus, save a few beachheads.”
“And no others have arrived?”
“The Ark Mechanicus did, but they entered the swarm.”
“Foolishness. The Great Enemy hasn’t even committed their forces yet.”
“They seemed determined to reach it first.”
“And ended up on a xeno’s plate. I assume you have heard no word?”
“That is correct.”
“What is your disposition?”
She gestured, sent maps to the other ship. Munition-worlds, a handful of fleets. A pause, and then he nodded. “Very well. The Chapters cut ahead, but I bring with me the Solar Fleet.”
She paused. “That’s… that’s great news. What Chapters?”
“Salamanders, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, and Raven Guard, along with their descendant Chapters. Enough to wrap up the Traitor Legions once and for all. Have any made contact yet?”
“Some Warp incursions on the surface, due to the Dark Mechanicus I think. No Traitor Legions that we’ve seen.”
“Very well. We will prepare our defenses. You have done well. Rest your troops, they will be needed soon.”
“Thank you.”

The Salamanders established a perimeter around the scraps of ships that remained, ensuring their protection. The xenos, for their part, focused on their eternal war in the vicinity of Golgotha, ignoring the gas giants and their dark moons. Over the next few weeks, hundreds of thousands of ships arrived from Terra - the largest fleet ever assembled. And months after that, a second fleet nearly the same size would join them.

Loel fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 4, 2016

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
lowell if you pull a dark tower at the end of all this i will flip your table

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
The OP in feathers fled across the desert, and the shitposters followed.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

LowellDND posted:

“Once more into the breach.”

"Hearing this, an ancient, tormented soul of an English teacher gasped out a shout of "UNTO! The quote is 'Once more UNTO the breach'!"

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

lowell if you pull a dark tower at the end of all this i will flip your table

Devries gets eaten by a psider?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

paragon1 posted:

"Hearing this, an ancient, tormented soul of an English teacher gasped out a shout of "UNTO! The quote is 'Once more UNTO the breach'!"

hoistled by you're own petards

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

poor life choice posted:

hoistled by you're own petards

:golfclap:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I don't get it :saddowns:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 405,603

Golgotha

It was almost anti-climactic when they came out of the Warp. All the monsters of the Eye of Terror, all the nightmares of Humanity given shape, stepping into the light to be seen for what they were. The two fleets - vast beyond imagining - looked at each other, ignoring the xeno conflict as beneath them. This was about a grudge ten millennia in the making, and they both knew what they were about.

Abaddon the Despoiler had brought all the forces he could - countless demons, endless cultists, the Traitor Legions. World Eaters, the Black Legion, the Word-Bearers. Primarchs and Daemon Princes. Angron himself, Kharne the Betrayer, Doombreed. All had come to this place, the Place of the Skull, where all things were to be decided. One match, winner take all.

Two fleets spanning the solar system smashed into each other, without communication, without quarter. There would be no mercy, or the petty taunts of yesteryear. There was only the hatred, the spite and revenge, an ancient grudge gone on too long. The Traitor Legions would pay any price to reach the STC - the Imperium would pay any price to stop them. And beyond them, the infinite numbers of the xeno, blotting out the binary stars.

At the center of it all, the Tyrant on his throne, Abaddon the Despoiler, the clone of Horus, and who imagined himself better. He would gain the STC, and break the Imperium here. Not at Cadia, not at Terra - at this forgettable little world, he would destroy them, and they would see his victory for they died. He had fought at the beginning of the Imperium, and it was here he would end it. He spoke one word.

“Fire.”

SergZpartan
Jun 20, 2008

LowellDND posted:

Current: 403,913

Golgotha

Metalline fingers reached out, handed her a cup. “You do have an eye for art, I will say.”
She smiled. “Thank you. It took a bit of effort getting everything in place, but I think it’s coming together nicely.”
“My dear, you have a talent for understatement. This…” he gestured “Is the finest diorama I have ever seen. Did you see the latest event?”
“You know I did.”
“Have you ever seen so many Arks in one place? Or so many variants of Tyranids fighting them? The diversity alone, it could make one cry.”
“Mm. And none have noticed the outermost wrapping.”
“Of course not.” He waved. “Primitives, not even knowing they are on a stage. Their sensors can barely see the system, let alone two light years away.”
“And the progress on that …?”
“Is going as planned. No unexpected occurrences, no raids, no sabotage. We’re having to dismantle several dead worlds, but they were marked for such an occasion.”
“Any side effects that the actors might notice?”
“Not particularly. If they got ahold of that STC -” He glanced meaningfully at her. “Yes, they would notice some of the temporal distortions.”
“That won’t be a problem.”
If his metal face had had eyebrows, he would have raised them. “Mm. How are you so sure? The Tyranids, certainly, have no interest in such a thing, but the Mechanicus might get lucky. Reach the screen, find some method of breaking it down.”
She chuckled. “It wouldn’t matter.”
“Mm. I see. But your little scheme won’t interfere with the diorama?”
“I think it will add to the pathos of it, frankly.”
He stood still, finally nodded. “Well, you do have an eye for art.”

:allears:
Here's hoping things get heated enough for one of the big 4 to show up in time for a place in the diorama.

Just hit that big ol' reset button.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah, all the Tyranids and Orks in one place? Potentially to be trapped by Necron time shenanigans? Along with all the Traitor Legions and Dark Eldar? I'll call that a win even if it does mean the Ultramarines take everything over.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

paragon1 posted:

Yeah, all the Tyranids and Orks in one place? Potentially to be trapped by Necron time shenanigans? Along with all the Traitor Legions and Dark Eldar? I'll call that a win even if it does mean the Ultramarines take everything over.

Counterpoint: The Tau remain.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Tran posted:

Counterpoint: The Tau remain.

Counter-Counterpoint: That's actually a point for this plan.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Well hasn't this been a fantastic balm to soothe my aggravation after spending most of yesterday trying to fix my Windows installation after it randomly decided it was going to Black Screen of Death me.

Such exquisite carnage and bloodshed pleases me.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

paragon1 posted:

Should have listened to Mom. Instead of walling her up in the abandoned coke ovens.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Didn't we drop her off somewhere to sniff out the Illuminati stuff? Looking forward to her introducing us to our new stepdad (Devries) when we all meet up again.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

poor life choice posted:

Didn't we drop her off somewhere to sniff out the Illuminati stuff? Looking forward to her introducing us to our new stepdad (Devries) when we all meet up again.

I .... think? Shes still in her cell?

If someone wants to go back and check, that's always welcome :v:

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

LowellDND posted:

Okay, I figured out where I’m going :D Fun shall be had!

Tran, I’m ignoring your question briefly because I wanted to go over it in chat. :D

Lightbringer

You coughed briefly. “You must show me how to do that.”
Athena shrugged. “Sure, but I wouldn’t recommend using it on the same person more than…. once a year, maybe.” She sang briefly in binary - a simple modification to your vocal box, really.
“My thanks. Why shouldn’t it be used?”
“It tends to liquify brains if used overmuch.”
Your smile was feral. “Really. What would happen if I put it on loudspeakers? Would it work on Space Marines of the Great Enemy?” You thought briefly. “Do Noise Marines use a variant of this build?”
She laughed. “Oh my, Ohone. We don’t want to change everything at once.”
“But a weapon like this could be very handy.”
Athena gestured, amused. “Fine, fine. I’ll cook up a little prototype for you. Just … don’t go mass-producing it, or experimenting with variants just yet.”
You nodded. It would be easy to explain the finding of a relic, but trickier to explain a whole new line-up of weapons.
“So, who is Lucifer?”
Athena showed her teeth. “Call him the Adversary, if you like.”
“Who is he opposed to?”
“Seemingly, the status quo.”
“Aren’t you?”
“Yes, but his organization is going about it differently.”
“Is Carmilla right? Is it built to destroy the Ultramarines?”
“It seems to be designed to disrupt a lot of things. Your Inquisition has sparred with it a fair bit.”
“Mm. Think we could co-opt them?”
“It would be tricky.”
“Why?”
Athena gestured. “Carmilla, tell us about Lucifer.”
“He… is magnificent. He met me when I was fully inducted into the Illuminati.”
“Do you believe in their cause?”
She frowned. “I’m not sure. His voice… was tremendous. Told us to follow the teachings.”
“Did he set up your sleeper programs?”
“No. I don’t think so. I’m fairly sure.”
You met her eyes. “You understand how that might make me question your loyalties. Whether or no, a sleeper personality or you are devoted to this… cult figure. Is he a psyker?”
“Yes.”
You bit back a curse. “Because of course he is. What does he want?”
“To fix things.”
You glanced at Athena, who shrugged. You paused. “What do you think we should do with her?”
“Catch and release.”
“What?”
“You don’t think you can trust her as your Spymaster.”
“No.”
“You’ve kept her in isolation for two years, because she might be a threat. Drop her off somewhere, let her get back with her taskmasters. She hardly knows any secrets of your Family anymore.”
You cocked your head. “Plan to keep an eye on her, see where she leads?”
She smiled. “Already done.”

Maybe Ohone got really caught up in her new titan and forgot to drop her off. That, and unless we dumped her on someone leaving Sol as we entered the system mom's either still in holding or on her way to Golgotha. :owned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

truer words