Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

it was like 2 pixels too high

Thanks! and also, jesus christ was it really that close

I thought it was like a 500 kB image or something, not, uh, what it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

scamtank posted:

the thread's embarrassment levels have been relatively ambient lately

if that was really over the line for Games, this thing would've slide-whistled into the gas chamber before christmas eve

I have been occasionally looking through the thread when asked to. Though it is true that I wish to play the game and are trying to avoid spoiling it for myself so I've not been clicking links/videos.

This thread is certainly a poor one, but I believe all of you can make it better.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

A.o.D. posted:

I'm adding "insufficiently reverential" to my shutdown bin. Whenever someone uses something from that category, like for instance "wake up sheeple", I know that nothing they are going to say will be of any consequence.
What if pre-game it was Toriel that was telling Asgore and Asriel to "wake up sheeple"?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

I have been occasionally looking through the thread when asked to. Though it is true that I wish to play the game and are trying to avoid spoiling it for myself so I've not been clicking links/videos.

This thread is certainly a poor one, but I believe all of you can make it better.
I can't decide if you're an optimist or have no pattern recognition, but either way let's play high-stakes poker sometime.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

I can't decide if you're an optimist or have no pattern recognition, but either way let's play high-stakes poker sometime.

Definitely optimist. Also broke, from playing too much high stakes poker.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Who wants to help me make a stoner vampire comedy called High Stakes?

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Only if I get rights to the prequel series about all of the characters in secondary school, stakes high.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

How does a vampire get high? Do they drink from a stoner?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

FactsAreUseless posted:

If I can co-produce the sequel, Upping the Stakes, I'm in.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

paradoxGentleman posted:

They probably roll some marijuana up and smoke it like a cigarette.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am happy to be a part of page 602.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Undertale is good

The posts in this thread are

Uh

Not good

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

paradoxGentleman posted:

I want to say there's a scene in True Blood that showed vampires can get high, but I may just be imagining that

Anyway, in conclusion, you should watch True Blood

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

YES bread posted:

the game still lets you kill papyrus. there are no "but thou must" moments

"Move the ghost with force?

YES NO"

(if you never said no: this ends the conversation and you have to reread Napstablook's fake sleep and do something about it. It's a flat out "but thou must" moment.)

I still can't get over that my only complaint about Undertale is that the first hour or so isn't quite as balls-out amazing as the rest.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

VideoGames posted:

I am happy to be a part of page 602.

Seriously though drop out of the thread before someone spoils something for you.
Undertale is best experienced with as little info as possible.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Toriel looks fluffy. I want to hug her.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

The game has to have some kind of player directive in the initial areas in order to set up the framework for the game. It's not until you exit the ruins that you really start being presented with concrete choices. I think this is intended since the developer expects you to play the game like a regular RPG and gives you suggestions that make you realize you can do things non-violently if you want to. Or maybe it's the other way around.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Dominic White posted:

As in... no fanart at all anymore? Because that would be weird. I thought it was just no weird fetishy stuff, which I'd never done anyway? Need I point out that Oxxidation wrote a 70,000 word fanfic?

go gently caress yourself, buddy

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
The same people keep on posting poo poo to rile up the thread, they know who they are. I guess they're not explicitly breaking any rules by being thick assholes but what do I know?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I miss when we talked about leitmotifs. :smith:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

FactsAreUseless posted:

can there be a scene where they do a bong rip inside a human skull

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Toxxupation posted:

can there be a scene where they do a bong rip inside a human skull
Obviously!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They will hotbox a coffin.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

can the designated "lol they're stoners here's their dumb stoner convo" that kicks off act one and introduces us to our two heroes be an argument over what it even means to be undead

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

What are vampire munchies like

E: do they order a pie and then drink the blood of the pizza delivery guy before eating the pizza

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

dancingbears posted:

"Move the ghost with force?

YES NO"

(if you never said no: this ends the conversation and you have to reread Napstablook's fake sleep and do something about it. It's a flat out "but thou must" moment.)

I still can't get over that my only complaint about Undertale is that the first hour or so isn't quite as balls-out amazing as the rest.

Actually if you say no you can walk around triggering random encounters, if you kill enough of them he disappears without you having to move him, with you never seeing the napstablook fight.

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
Did I miss the part where we talk about the best character?

It's Chara.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

AzureRequiem posted:

It's Chara.

Uh, it's obviously annoying dog

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

AzureRequiem posted:

It's Chara.

Fucker creeped me out more than anything else so far. I'm eager to see what mindfucks await me on the True Pacifist route.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Keiya posted:

Toriel looks fluffy. I want to hug her.

She's not fluffy, those are spines. Poisoned spines.

The white fur in the drain was from helpless victim that she ate, which is why it was of enough note to warrant mentioning

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Undertale - stop linking Tumblr nonsense, for the LOVE of God

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Dominic White posted:

Recipe for fun:

Take one (1) Undertale script file.
Pass through machine translator to any language.
Pas it through again, another language.
Repeat until script is thick and gooey.
Translate script back into English.
Reinsert into game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJHt7_OZlus

Tube life is to wolf att
acks.

Please prepare.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

my friend did a cute drawing for the new year i hope you like it

x

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Undyne picking the kiddo up like they weigh absolutely nothing is another fan art thing I enjoy. I'm glad it happened in the game so that people draw it happening in other situations.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I love almost expressionless, unflappable Frisk.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hell yeah

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
https://twitter.com/FwugRadiation/status/684383136478793728

:3:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

https://twitter.com/Spiseske/status/684384371994931200

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Got the neutral ending! Undyne killed me while running with spears because of the hitboxes being enormous, Mettaton killed me (it dragged out too long and I ran out of HP because I didn't realize the ratings would end it), Asgore didn't. Do I have to encounter every monster for true pacifist or just make friends with the npcs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

RBA Starblade posted:

Got the neutral ending! Undyne killed me while running with spears because of the hitboxes being enormous, Mettaton killed me (it dragged out too long and I ran out of HP because I didn't realize the ratings would end it), Asgore didn't. Do I have to encounter every monster for true pacifist or just make friends with the npcs?

The second. You can run from every single non-boss fight in the game and still get true pacifist.

• Locked thread