Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dimension w has tons of cool people working on it and the premise is weird but neat, so idk why you'd think it wouldn't be cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I think Dimension W will be good.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
If Dimension W comes out and turns out to be bad you may quote this post and laugh at me when the time is right.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Davincie posted:

i never saw air gear

all i know is that hideki naganuma did a couple songs for it under an alias

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Not a couple. He was the straight up composer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

dimension w has tons of cool people working on it and the premise is weird but neat, so idk why you'd think it wouldn't be cool

I haven't seen anything of it, and didn't know who was making it. Just the words in the synopsis. I'll at least check it out

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

congratulations to momoko saito aka the youngest takanashi sister and mr flag from osomatsu on her marriage

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

congratulations to momoko saito aka the youngest takanashi sister and mr flag from osomatsu on her marriage

:toot:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

I think Dimension W will be good.

I like the subtitle on your av.

Dimension W might be good. The PV was promising but I feel like I need to see more before judging. The staff doesn't look especially impressive to me though.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Davincie posted:

dajo~

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Nate RFB posted:

Huh...

Yeah, that's certainly a thing. Should still be excellent given that March Comes in Like a Lion might be one of the best manga currently in serialization IMO and Shaft is a good/great studio usually but I'm not sure it's a work that would lend itself to the usual visual flair/eccentricities that Shaft likes to utilize.

could be cool. it's an NHK show and Shinbo will be directing rather than being in his usual supervisory role.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Endorph posted:

*in otacon voice*

snake, air gear is an action-sports manga by Ito Ogure. It ran from 2002 to 2012 in Weekly Shonen Magazine. It's centered around teenagers in street gangs using 'air treks,' a sort of futuristic inline skate. It's noted for its humor and fanservice.

*in mei ling voice*

fanservice? snake! I hope you aren't thinking of reading that!

*in colonel voice*

don't worry snake. you can be a good person, even if you jack it to sexy mangs.

You forgot that it's also based on JET SET RADIOOOOOO!!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Waffleman_ posted:

Otacon wouldn't read Air Gear, it doesn't have mechs in it.

Look at this guy who didn't actually read latter half air gear

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

pandaK posted:

Look at this guy who didn't actually read latter half air gear

I only just started!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I only just started!

no you fool it is a trap!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Air gear is sort of like sex with a pretty hooker: exhilarating and risqué at the start, wildly disappointing once you finish, Obama is there.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
Isn't Air Gear author the same guy who made Tenjou Tenge?

I remember that both works starts pretty interesting, with an amazing artstyle and a cool cast (even if a bit generic)

Then the second half comes and wtf is that Obama nothing makes sense anymore. He can draw some rear end tho

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Personal_Nirvana posted:

Isn't Air Gear author the same guy who made Tenjou Tenge?

I remember that both works starts pretty interesting, with an amazing artstyle and a cool cast (even if a bit generic)

Then the second half comes and wtf is that Obama nothing makes sense anymore. He can draw some rear end tho

This wasn't a meme quote by the way:

pandaK posted:

Air gear is sort of like sex with a pretty hooker: exhilarating and risqué at the start, wildly disappointing once you finish, Obama is there.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

pandaK posted:

I never picked up where I left off as a kid when they had the gorgon lady fighting Pigma, and Ringo got the wrong uniform. How can you top that, really.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Space Flower posted:

I never picked up where I left off as a kid when they had the gorgon lady fighting Pigma, and Ringo got the wrong uniform. How can you top that, really.

The hero stops the villain from providing infinite free energy to the entire world. Instead, everyone gets to fly for a couple minutes.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Serious Frolicking posted:

The hero stops the villain from providing infinite free energy to the entire world. Instead, everyone gets to fly for a couple minutes.

no such thing as a free lunch!!

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Space Flower posted:

could be cool. it's an NHK show and Shinbo will be directing rather than being in his usual supervisory role.

I'll take it.

I'm in.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Space Flower posted:

Please.

quote:

Although Akiyuki Simbo's name is read & pronounced "Shinbo" in Japanese, Simbo is his chosen romanization and ANN has been asked to use Simbo.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

pandaK posted:

His name is John Omaha. :colbert:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

I'm sorry, but a first-name basis is moving too fast. Please give me time to think about it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Please call Simba by his preferred name

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha the most recent chapter of Dagashi Kashi is pretty much breaking the fourth wall to talk about the anime.

Hotaru and Coconuts talk about how a manga doesn't have color while an anime does, and that it's hard to show off multi-colored snacks in a manga. Coconuts even goes on about how you'd have to wonder which tone for blue and green-colored chocolate in a black-and-white manga.

They then strike a pose that requires animation to be fully understood.

I love Dagashi Kashi.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I just went and read the Sushi Police premise and now I am on board for that too.
At least I'm only explicitly watching shorts this season, I guess.

I'd also like to stake a claim on the Sekkou Boys thread. My title this time is thankfully not questionable and we will not have a repeat of the incident with the Gochiusa S2 thread.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Today Myriad Colors Phantom World, Sushi Police and Haruta & Chika are airing. gently caress yeah.

And tomorrow it's ERASED, Ojisan to Marshmallow and Dagashi Kashi.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

pandaK posted:

Please call Simba by his preferred name

I hope togashi doesnt start forcing us to write and pronounce his chosen romanizations

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I hope Sushi Police is good, the premise sounded pretty funny.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Today Myriad Colors Phantom World, Sushi Police and Haruta & Chika are airing. gently caress yeah.

And tomorrow it's ERASED, Ojisan to Marshmallow and Dagashi Kashi.

And I can't wait to watch all these shows when Funimation finally puts them up two weeks from now. :downsgun:

Nah but seriously, this season has a lot of potentially good shows and I'm really looking forward to all of them!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to make the myriad colors phantom world thread, since I don't think one exists.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If I've learned one thing it's never make a thread before you've seen the first episode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I feel obligated to because of all the other KyoAni threads.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
Well, I watched the first episode of Prince of Stride. The setting, characters, and all that are completely what you would expect. Every checkbox was ticked, everybody is following their generic archetypes to the letter. It is presented decently enough though, none of the elements are anything new or special but they're presented well enough. It's just nothing special in that department. Character designs are pretty bland as well, but the art style is pretty good.

This is compensated for by the fact that the sport of Stride is loving cool, so if they can string together some decently fun character stuff between races and the animation budget can hold together, it'll be pretty entertaining. I'm also very glad that it looks like the lone girl in the cast will actually get to do some running rather than being shunted off into the manager cheerleader role that it looked like she was going to be stuck in.

All in all, a pretty good start, shaping up to be a fun show.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

I feel obligated to because of all the other KyoAni threads.

I hope the thread is good even if the show is bad.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Myriad Colors looks good and fun.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Myriad Colors looks good and fun.

I don't really like the artstyle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Linnaeus posted:

I don't really like the artstyle

It's just the standard kyoani fare except a lot more colorful?

• Locked thread