Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This one is the most :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I'd hang out with the Baphomet fursona girl.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
The worst part about those images for me is not that the creepy-looking ones have fursonas, but that the almost-normal looking ones are secretly furries

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Birb Katter posted:

Back onto that Soylent poo poo because it's a never ending stream of AUG. That $2.50 / meal is per 400 kCal meal. So $10 a day gets you to a whopping 1600 kCal, if you're a somewhat active dude you're easily going to be sitting around $20 a day and needing to drink 3.3 litres of liquid a day to get your nutritional needs in.

Someone on craigslist near me was giving a big box of that stuff away for free. It got taken, but no worries--- someone else is selling it!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/hab/5381032381.html

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Fursona comparison meme]

Can whichever DSM we're on go ahead and classify this poo poo as a mental illness, already?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

EmmyOk posted:

This one is the most :smith:

I can see the resemblance, just give it some time until he grows up

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Most of them seem to have some sort of similarity or self awareness but this one is just sad

E:f,b

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

blarzgh posted:

Can whichever DSM we're on go ahead and classify this poo poo as a mental illness, already?

I am absolutely ready for a bunch of coddled, mentally ill people who spend all day networking online in various states of outrage and/or arousal to launch the #dsmfail hashtag.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

E: also I'd hang out with the werewolf chick who drinks and whose fursona also drinks. Furries might be weird but you can't argue with a cute girl and Jack Daniels.

gently caress quote is not edit.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There's a few I didn't post because they were really normal looking people who look functional outside of being a furry, or they looked like they lived in really boring suburbs and this was probably their only outlet.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

om nom nom posted:

Most of them seem to have some sort of similarity or self awareness but this one is just sad

E:f,b

That's a 12 y boy

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

twistedmentat posted:

There's a few I didn't post because they were really normal looking people who look functional outside of being a furry, or they looked like they lived in really boring suburbs and this was probably their only outlet.

Furries are, by definition, not functional.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Scathach posted:

E: also I'd hang out with the werewolf chick who drinks and whose fursona also drinks. Furries might be weird but you can't argue with a cute girl and Jack Daniels.

gently caress quote is not edit.

Yeah she seems like the fun kind of crazy rather than sad crazy, I would party with her.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Picnic Princess posted:

Yeah she seems like the fun kind of crazy rather than sad crazy, I would party with her.

If she's from Chicago, I may have dated her in the mid 2000s. She looks just like an ex and that chick could drink.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

Toot toot the S.S. Terrible Relationship is now boarding

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Pastry of the Year posted:

Toot toot the S.S. Terrible Relationship is now boarding

Pretty much. How sad are the people who go "it's a furry, she has a fursona, but she cute so... M'lady"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Non Serviam posted:

Pretty much. How sad are the people who go "it's a furry, she has a fursona, but she cute so... M'lady"

Not many straight guys use princess as a name, but I won't judge them if they want to. Doesn't make me one, though.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Picnic Princess posted:

Not many straight guys use princess as a name, but I won't judge them if they want to. Doesn't make me one, though.

Ladies can say m'lady too. Don't gender shame.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm a chick and I'd party with her too. She just looks fun. It depends on how annoying her furry poo poo is. Maybe it's more of a totem less than that she's like trans-anthropomorphic animal. I don't know why I want this to be true so bad.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Bast Relief posted:

I'm a chick and I'd party with her too. She just looks fun. It depends on how annoying her furry poo poo is. Maybe it's more of a totem less than that she's like trans-anthropomorphic animal. I don't know why I want this to be true so bad.

Her fursona looks like something you'd see painted on the side of a black minivan. That kid with the eagle though, talk about escaping into the realm of imagination.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Cosima posted:

Her fursona looks like something you'd see painted on the side of a black minivan. That kid with the eagle though, talk about escaping into the realm of imagination.

Can you blame him though? :smith: Just look at that kid. If I were that kid I'd want to be the absolute polar opposite of me too.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bismuth posted:

Thats a good point, but as a counter-point please see everything else Return of Kings has ever produced

E: For instance this, posted on Jan. 1 http://www.returnofkings.com/76347/10-things-my-dog-taught-me-about-women

I've looked it up and apparently this site isnt satire.

I have finally been broken, and what broke me was the idea that dogs can't love.

REALLY? DOGS can't love? You're kidding me, right? The poster-animal for unconditional love, and you think it can't love.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Soylent Green guy only wears synthetic fabrics? Setting aside the fact that most synthetic fibers come from fossil fuel industry byproducts, polyester doesn't breathe. Oh dear lord, the stink.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

queserasera posted:

Soylent Green guy only wears synthetic fabrics? Setting aside the fact that most synthetic fibers come from fossil fuel industry byproducts, polyester doesn't breathe. Oh dear lord, the stink.

It's okay, his treatise on dating seems to imply he doesn't have much human contact.

I'm kind of mystified by the fact that he's clearly a genius, despite the cringe, his whole "optimise dating.exe" plan is amazing on a mechanical level, but he's applying this intellect to disgusting sludge rather than working for Tesla or Google or some other tech company. Why? Why is he wasting his talent on gimmicky poo poo just so he has more time to waste his talent on gimmicky poo poo?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

nerdz posted:

I can see the resemblance, just give it some time until he grows up

This is so weirdly uplifting and cute.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I don't think there's any danger that someone will sit next to him.

How long must we suffer in silence, waiting for someone who takes social justice seriously enough to expose the phenomenon of foxspreading.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Radio Paranoia posted:

It's okay, his treatise on dating seems to imply he doesn't have much human contact.

I'm kind of mystified by the fact that he's clearly a genius, despite the cringe, his whole "optimise dating.exe" plan is amazing on a mechanical level, but he's applying this intellect to disgusting sludge rather than working for Tesla or Google or some other tech company. Why? Why is he wasting his talent on gimmicky poo poo just so he has more time to waste his talent on gimmicky poo poo?

Because he has a lot of intelligence and skill but very little creativity.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Bast Relief posted:

This sums up my impression of the furry community, from meeting a few people, and reading online (incl. Camrath's thread). There's people who take it seriously, from 16 year olds who don't know better (it is pretty bad for "cringey 16 year old stuff") to adults who have issues, and there's people who don't, and just hang out with other 'mostly normal' people, enjoy some roleplay or something, maybe make a funny pic and all that. The difference also tends to be 'outside', in that the 'mostly normal' person (probably) won't show up at school/work/outside with a tail or something. Camrath's thread (and Ghogargi's LARP thread) explains it better than this post. Think of the first category as what Ghogargi describes as "lifers".

For an example from, say, gaming folks. There's the dude who spends seven hours a day reverting changes and getting in flamewars in the Final Fantasy wikia because people spelled it "Aeris" and not "Aerith", and there's the dude who keeps a Discord server to play some Payday or to set up some FFXIV raids with his friend.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

twistedmentat posted:

Because he has a lot of intelligence and skill but very little creativity.

So basically he needs a creative director and project manager.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Why does she exist in a featureless void containing only a television?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Samfucius posted:

Why does she exist in a featureless void containing only a television?

You dont?

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

Radio Paranoia posted:

Autism.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Hihohe posted:

Is that Johnny Five Aces?

Nah, it's Johnny Line faces

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

my cat is norris posted:

I find something unfortunate and slightly off about this guy. His sloping eyes just look so weird to me.

Reyern Gerslerng

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

my cat is norris posted:

I find something unfortunate and slightly off about this guy. His sloping eyes just look so weird to me.

This guy's eyelids droop so much you cant see his pupils, its a little creepy (how does he see?)

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
How can you guys post so many furry comparison memes and miss this classic?

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

ookiimarukochan posted:

To his credit, they do look alike :haw:

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Brøndby IF, is a football team supported almost purely of AUG's

"hash, coke and pills - When Brøndby plays"

Here they are, throwing their bottles in the water, so the bottle collector has to jump down there to get them. The guy with the face tat looks especially pleased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

ookiimarukochan posted:

Man, things have really done downhill for Garindan since A New Hope :(

• Locked thread