Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Always sunny outlived the quality of the Simpsons that's for sure, lmbo

:can:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Always sunny outlived the quality of the Simpsons that's for sure, lmbo

:can:

It was never as good as Simpsons 2-6, though.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Milpool would be a dope username.
Thrillho too.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
buy me bonestorm or go to hell

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

roses are red
violets are blue
i set attack ships on fire for you

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

If I want to secure my pistol via cable lock should I leave the slide locked back or let it slowly close on the cable?

Naked Bear posted:

On RC chat: a few days ago I also made an impulse purchase and decided to jump back down that rabbit hole.

Package showed up today with a whole bunch of foam and fiddly bits... and none of the electronic bits that I ordered. Maybe it's a sign. :homebrew:

R/C poo poo is loving worlds better in TYOOL 2016. Seriously. Every lovely part about R/C cars from the 90s is relatively gone. Still a money pit of course but instead of a garage of disarray and sorrow it's a garage of disarray and working fun r/c cars

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
i always just slowly closed it on the cable

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

If I want to secure my pistol via cable lock should I leave the slide locked back or let it slowly close on the cable?

R/C poo poo is loving worlds better in TYOOL 2016. Seriously. Every lovely part about R/C cars from the 90s is relatively gone. Still a money pit of course but instead of a garage of disarray and sorrow it's a garage of disarray and working fun r/c cars

Wouldn't leaving it locked be kinda bad for the spring?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

's why I ask but I think in the grand scheme of things the answer is no or very little

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Zeris posted:

Wouldn't leaving it locked be kinda bad for the spring?

No, cycles are what wear down springs. Either way, you should be fine as long as you use some sort of coated cable.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
real. dad. chat.

clean your mother loving exhaust fan over your stove. holy loving balls does that thing collect some nasty poo poo. i spent about 2hrs today pulling mine apart and cleaning it because i forgot to do it for a year.

and on another note make sure there are no rubberbands in the water of your toilet tank. there was one in one of the toilets i replaced and it got gunk on the seal for the tank drain and made it constantly leak.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Also wipe microwave and fridge handles down every now and then you gross fucks

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ded posted:

clean your mother loving exhaust fan over your stove. holy loving balls does that thing collect some nasty poo poo. i spent about 2hrs today pulling mine apart and cleaning it because i forgot to do it for a year.

That reminds me of when I was a teenager working at the movie theater and our yearly clean/replaces of the exhaust filters over the popcorn machines. I swear to god the only thing more disgusting than an oil popper exhaust that hasn't been cleaned and had the filters replaced for almost a year is three years' worth of cigarette-tar-soaked cat hair and dust clogging up a computer's fan.

The difference is that while both the popper exhaust filter and the cigarette-tar-dust smell like the devil's rear end in a top hat, only the cigarette-tar-dust looks and feels like it's been in there.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Also wipe microwave and fridge handles down every now and then you gross fucks

And your oven and sink and gently caress it pretty much everything in your kitchen that you touch.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Doesn't really matter. I close on the cable. You're not accelerating wear on anything in either case.

quote:

That's what it looks like! I'm thinking about almost certainly going to go full retard and use a computer to control a plane. The future is now.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That's an interesting idea. There's no reason you can't control an RC aircraft via joystick on a PC. Or a gamepad, or whatever. I mean, we had that goon a few years ago that built an RC tank thing and let the internet control it. Somehow it ended up holding a pencil and someone made it stab him in the face while he took a nap. Not a challenge to do most of that in the air.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 8, 2016

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Yeah, the best part is that it should be doable with off-the-shelf parts and minimal fabrication. I'm thinking of just using a little microcontroller to handle servos and the motor, and then something like the new Raspberry Pi Zero for higher-level stuff.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Naked Bear posted:

Doesn't really matter. I close on the cable. You're not accelerating wear on anything in either case.

That's what it looks like! I'm thinking about almost certainly going to go full retard and use a computer to control a plane. The future is now.

Yeah that's all I needed to know, thanks. Some googling confirmed the wear is from expansion/compression of the spring.

There's a perfect little place to fly planes near me. Probably going to get something. I mean hell <$100 can you get a dinky working glider

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Time to live.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yeah that's all I needed to know, thanks. Some googling confirmed the wear is from expansion/compression of the spring.

Not sure exactly what model of pistol you're talking about but for every model I can think of even if it were to wear out the spring it's like what, ten bucks to get a new one?

Then about ten minutes to replace it if you're not already breaking the pistol down for cleaning? I'm imagine someone will come along with an example proving me wrong but oh well. It's not a major worry for anything I've seen.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

SumYungGui posted:

Not sure exactly what model of pistol you're talking about but for every model I can think of even if it were to wear out the spring it's like what, ten bucks to get a new one?

Then about ten minutes to replace it if you're not already breaking the pistol down for cleaning? I'm imagine someone will come along with an example proving me wrong but oh well. It's not a major worry for anything I've seen.

I have always just closed the slide on the rubber coated lock I've gotten with every pistol I've ever bought. It's never a question I thought to ask anyone but in my head it made sense that less tension on the spring was better for it long term.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Making five figures a month owns

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Real dad chat: get a gun safe and stop screwing around with dumb cable locks.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Real dad chat: get a gun safe and stop screwing around with dumb cable locks.

Don't be the guy from TFR who cable locks cases to a bed frame either.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Just noticed our public policy director puts her pronouns next to her signature. lol

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Syrian Lannister posted:

Don't be the guy from TFR who cable locks cases to a bed frame either.

What the actual gently caress.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I brought my revolver home from my dad's place while I was on vacation. Gonna get a small fire safe or something to toss it and some other paperwork in later today or tomorrow.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Just toss on the dashboard what's the worst that could happen

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Godholio posted:

2005 TFR

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

-edit nvm just picked this up

Sony ht-rt5 that has 3 HDMI inputs

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 9, 2016

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

My roommate bought a new universal Logitech and it's some overly-fancy one with a touchscreen. Because everyone wants a remote with a 3 day battery life. :eng99:

It's solid otherwise and I guess we always know where the fucker is because now it lives the charging cradle, not wherever the last person to watch TV left it. No physical keyboard but you can do T9 with the numberpad on the touchscreen to search for shows and poo poo.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I see its kind of shifting towards pure smartphone control via the smart hub thing but it seems like that's not ready for primetime going off reviews

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Yeah I expect a lot of it will go that way, too. I do like being able to control my Chromecast with my phone.

Though on those days where I'm hungover as all hell, rooting around for my phone so I can squint at the screen to turn on the tv so I can veg out and hate life sounds like even more of a pain in the rear end.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Arrath posted:

My roommate bought a new universal Logitech and it's some overly-fancy one with a touchscreen. Because everyone wants a remote with a 3 day battery life. :eng99:
My Harmony One has poo poo for battery life, but it's rechargeable. :shrug:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Teflon Don posted:

Just noticed our public policy director puts her pronouns next to her signature. lol

Well what are they

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Two Finger posted:

Well what are they

*makes fart noises with armpits*

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Godholio posted:

IIRC it was Fat Ogre

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Gonna be cold as hell this weekend, I'm doing this and doubling it

FRENCH ONION SOUP
1 qt. beef bouillon or brown stock
3 c. thinly sliced yellow onions
3 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. flour
1/4 c. dry vermouth or cognac (optional)
1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
Pour bouillon or stock in cooker. Cook onions slowly in large skillet in butter; cover and let cook for about 15 min. Uncover and add salt, sugar, flour & vermouth. Stir well. Add to stock in cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hrs. (High 3 hrs.) Before serving top with grated cheese. (Recipe maybe doubled for the 4.5 litre model).

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Two Finger posted:

Well what are they

she, her, hers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Syrian Lannister posted:

Gonna be cold as hell this weekend, I'm doing this and doubling it