Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Pickled Tink posted:

First Dog has returned!

First Dog once again proves that it is one of the best things posted in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Zetsubou-san posted:

we're sorry the systemic mistreatment of half the population isn't political enough for you

It inst the poli- part, it's the -toon part that's a bit absent.

Does the artist do any more stuff other than First Dog?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!

xthetenth posted:

What is it with tech industry people thinking their opinions are worth a poo poo?

Tech people solve problems. They start the day solving a hard problem and end the day solving maybe 200 problems. They are solution oriented people that love solving problems.
Open a door to a room full of engineers, shout "I have this problem, that is probably imposible". You will have to fight to escape the room, they will fight each another to give you many solutions.

Is not that tech people think their ideas are worth more than other groups of people. Is that they reaction to problems is finding a solution, and that behavior is like a drug addiction strong.

Thats why terrorist like engineers over other people. Engineers find a wall, they climb the wall, they need a bigger bomb, they find a way to build a bigger bomb, they find a lack of money, they find a way to solve the lack of money. Engineers are terrifying, they are like zombies that will never ever stop, they will slowly advance, allway eating their way trough problems, solving everything in their path. You can't argue with engineers, you can thrown then a bunch of interesting problems, and hope they will stay busy long enough for you to escape.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Chewbaccanator posted:

Wow that was the first First Dog I read and it isn't half bad.
Shame it's more of a blog than a politoon, but hey as long as it ins't DbD I'm cool with it.
It references a bunch of recent stuff that happened here.

The (now former) Minister for Cities and Built Environment behaved appallingly towards a female staffer, and then leaked her photo to the murdoch press, who published it and pretty much everything you needed to identify her after she ratted him out for it

The Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, Peter Dutton accidentally sent a text calling a journalist critical of the above behaviour a "mad loving witch" to the journalist in question.

There was also a cricketer who propositioned the woman interviewing him during the interview, and a dickhead who grabbed a new weather reporter on her first day on the job..

Basically, there has been a ton of sexism to end the last year and ring in the new one. It is almost like Tony Abbott never got deposed.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I missed the Lemmys. Can someone repost.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Chewbaccanator posted:

It inst the poli- part, it's the -toon part that's a bit absent.

Does the artist do any more stuff other than First Dog?

it's dogs all the way down

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

achillesforever6 posted:

Wonder if Bowie will get more obit cartoons compared to Lemmy :smith:

Lemmy was instrumental in developing a specific, niche music genre and largely unknown outside of it; his few tributes were from those who had been part of or touched by that community and generally respectful plays on his personality and achievements.

Bowie writ large across popular art, so every hack who thinks a "19XX - 20XX" banner over a crying man making a trite jokey reference* is actually reverence will be falling off of their easels to churn this poo poo out. Yes, JRRose, I'm looking at you.

*in this case, "Now there's a REAL star man waiting in the sky!"

edit: ^^^^^ gently caress, that was fast

Eschers Basement fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jan 11, 2016

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Tinsley's irrational hatred of quinoa and arugula is supposed to be a point of pride

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
As an official member of the David Bowie codpiece appreciation society, I am devastated by this news. :smith:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

FaradayCage posted:

Tinsley's irrational hatred of quinoa and arugula is supposed to be a point of pride
It's purely to broadcast your disapproval for that uppity snooty man in the white house.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

hooman posted:

How has this guy escaped a public lynching? Or are all the lead poisoned people now too frail to capture him?

The victims are largely poor and black so the average Michigan GOP voter is quietly cheering this turn of events.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Intense, but quick to finish
Huh, didn't expect an early obit cartoon by Titanic of all publications.

"After some speed and whisky, Lemmy and Bowie realized that they didn't have all that much to tell each other."

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

Martin Luther really regretted not being able to nail a webcomic to the chapel door.

Sorry about this.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Holy hell, loss edits are old :rimshot:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

I missed the Lemmys. Can someone repost.

no one cares about some rock dude from before i was born, now let's all pour out a 40 for david bowie

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I vaguely knew who David Bowie was. Who the gently caress is Lemmy

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Farecoal posted:

One of the Koopalings, show some respect.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Farecoal posted:

Who could have guessed that SA is a cultural wasteland?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

Who could have guessed that SA is a cultural wasteland?

you're saying this in a loving political cartoons megathread

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
its like going to a dota tournament and wondering loudly why people don't know about football

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

ElectricWizard posted:

Sorry about this.

Holy poo poo yes

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Lemmy Kilmister. Frontman for Motörhead. The umlat ought to tell you what genre he was famous in.

Had a Koopaling named after him, which bizarrely probably *does* qualify as a huge honor.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Eschers Basement posted:

*in this case, "Now there's a REAL star man waiting in the sky!"

"He was the Man Who Sold the World...on his music!"

Don't wish obit toons on anyone.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I mean, they didn't name a koopaling after Bowie :smug:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Was Lemmy actually named after that Lemmy? Also I'd think everyone has heard Ace of Spades, but Motorhead isn't really well known outside of that.

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 11, 2016

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

TheTatteredKing posted:

His Lemmy actually named after that Lemmy? Also I'd think everyone has heard Ace of Spades, but Motorhead isn't really well known outside of that.

Motorhead was an awesome band, and they enjoyed a good amount of commercial success. But yeah, they're known more for the bands that they inspired than they are by themselves.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

TheTatteredKing posted:

His Lemmy actually named after that Lemmy? Also I'd think everyone has heard Ace of Spades, but Motorhead isn't really well known outside of that.
The koopalings are all named after musicians, from Ludwig to Wendy O.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Neat

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Hawkwind was cool also. But yeah he was definitely more of a niche figure than Bowie, if only because he never got to star in a feature film in which he got to hang out with muppets and display an enormous crotch bulge.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Farecoal posted:

He was my friend. Polliver stole my sword and put it right through his neck.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

"Bowie wasn't that smart..."

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

I'm sure Ted Rall knew more about playing metal bass than Lemmy and could've written pop songs better than Bowie, while already busy writing better movie reviews than Ebert.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
Didn't Bowie once have sex with an underage groupie? Or was that just a rumor?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Jurgan posted:

Didn't Bowie once have sex with an underage groupie? Or was that just a rumor?

Basically every 70s rock star did. It was a creepy time period.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Stultus Maximus posted:

Basically every 70s rock star did. It was a creepy time period.

Jimmy Page basically kidnapped a 14-year old girl and flew her around the world with him on a private jet to stay ahead of the cops. On the plus side they all grew out of kidfucking, hopefully.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

It's not actually an obituary cartoon, but I'm calling it now: this Stephen Collins cartoon that was posted back on page 32 is going to end up being the best David Bowie obituary cartoon after all is said and done.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

The one thing I appreciate from Branco is the raw seething hatred that oozes out of the picture.

Just look at it!

:ssj:LIEberals!!:ssj:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

But people under the red sun, we walk like this!

• Locked thread