Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Can someone post some CHicago ones?

Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
If you're going to a strip club in Chicago, don't get ripped off by those bastards at Wet & Ready!

quote:

I would never recommend this company to/for anybody - Request was for a bachelor party at a bar/restaurant.

1. Had to pay in full up-front and got screwed with not receiving all of the services requested.
2. Girls showed up an hour late.
3. Bouncer and girls wanted the group to pay for their booze.
4. Girls were NOT the girls sent via the initial agreement.
5. Girls did NOT do all of the services that were agreed upon.

Extremely disappointed with this company. I would recommend a more credible and reliable company.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/wet-and-ready-chicago-strippers-chicago-2

It also helps to not be totally oblivious about Man's Country:

quote:

I came in with no expectations. I didn't realize this was a homosexual bath house until it was too late.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/mans-country-chicago-chicago

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

OK Let's get real. I think this might be the first review to mention that over half the clientele is Black or Latino, and if that is what turns you on then let me tell you the guys there are very HOT! The remainder are white leather men and bears. So if you are a suburban whitebread or yuppie type then this place will most likely put you outside your comfort zone. As for the troll factor, there are ALWAYS trolls at any bathhouse, so get over it. I'm no Adonis but I generally find what I'm looking for at Man's Country and I find it very satisfying. By the way, when they give you your sheets at check-in and you complain about getting bugs that says more about who you choose to have sex with than the place itself. And there is ALWAYS the risk of catching cooties at any bathhouse. It would be nice if there was lockable storage in the rooms so if you bring your valuables to your room then be sure to lock the door behind you when you step out True, the place does look a bit dingy and seedy but I should also mention Man's Country is the most affordable bathhouse in Chicago. Man's Country is to Steamworks as Joe's Greasy Spoon Diner is to McDonalds. This place is a gay Chicago icon and I would hate to see it gone.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
in this thread: whoflungpoop shops for a new dildo

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
A friend tried to get me to go to a sex club once. He'd been there a couple times with girls. I decided not to go.
He also tried to get me to gently caress one of his girlfriends with him, she was even up for it because she was so into him. I stopped being friends with him but I'm still friends with his now ex girlfriend, she cool

edit: oh one time he showed me his weiner it was pretty big

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Microwaves Mom posted:

Can someone post some CHicago ones?

Asking for a friend.

the kinky llama has you covered, pal.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

William Bear posted:

this is the greatest quote of our generation

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

abigserve posted:

It's even better if you read it in Hank Hill's voice

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

abigserve posted:

The entire place looks just like a really nice club from the 70's that sat abandoned and was torn up by homeless people for 20 years. That may be more true than I realize.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

The Tool Shed: An Erotic Boutique posted:

Are we ready to over-share, Yelp?

Good, because that's what I plan on doing.

See, I'm polyamorous (yes, Google Chrome spellchecker, that *is* a real word) and extremely kinky. I've alluded to my situation on Yelp before but never elaborated because it's never been relevant, but now it is, so here-goes: I am a straight, cisgendered male; I'm engaged to a mostly female-presenting bisexual genderqueer person and also dating a bisexual cisgendered woman. My fiancée and my girlfriend are dating, and also date a lesbian transwoman. It's really not as complicated as it seems. There is also a power-exchange dynamic between myself and the people I'm dating. I feel like it's also worth mentioning that my father is a post-operative transsexual woman and a census of my friends reveals most of them are some flavor of LGBT.

Why do I mention all this? After all, it's not directly relevant to a consideration of their sex toys and staff, right?

Well, you'd think so, but in the world of "adult entertainment" I've really never come across an environment that was as immediately accepting of everything I just mentioned. I mean, I obviously didn't tell my entire life's story to the staff, but without saying so many words they have been able to showcase merchandise that would fit into our dynamic perfectly. And boy, do they carry a lot of it. (Disclaimer, I've never bought any of it because we've had everything we really needed since before I ever stepped foot in here).

And like Phillip L. said, they don't make you uncomfortable while you're there. That's what sets this place apart from your average sex-shop.

The staff (and, really strangely, although in a good way, other customers) really put you at ease when they talk to you. It's a totally non-judgmental, friendly atmosphere. It's always a bit awkward when you walk into a business like this for the first time, but they really know how to defuse that here.

While I've only been to one event here, I've got to say that their group meetings are also really awesome. There's such an accepting, experienced, and open group of people that turned-out when I was there. I'm looking forward to my next chance and hopefully, someday, to try out one of the classes that is offered here.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ahh... E/N is leaking into the real world

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

William Bear posted:

If you're going to a strip club in Chicago, don't get ripped off by those bastards at Wet & Ready!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/wet-and-ready-chicago-strippers-chicago-2

lol thanks.

satanic splash-back posted:

OK Let's get real. I think this might be the first review to mention that over half the clientele is Black or Latino, and if that is what turns you on then let me tell you the guys there are very HOT! The remainder are white leather men and bears. So if you are a suburban whitebread or yuppie type then this place will most likely put you outside your comfort zone. As for the troll factor, there are ALWAYS trolls at any bathhouse, so get over it. I'm no Adonis but I generally find what I'm looking for at Man's Country and I find it very satisfying. By the way, when they give you your sheets at check-in and you complain about getting bugs that says more about who you choose to have sex with than the place itself. And there is ALWAYS the risk of catching cooties at any bathhouse. It would be nice if there was lockable storage in the rooms so if you bring your valuables to your room then be sure to lock the door behind you when you step out True, the place does look a bit dingy and seedy but I should also mention Man's Country is the most affordable bathhouse in Chicago. Man's Country is to Steamworks as Joe's Greasy Spoon Diner is to McDonalds. This place is a gay Chicago icon and I would hate to see it gone.

amazing.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

here's an excerpt of a review near where I live

quote:

Speaking of the strippers, the women are never bad. However, they aren't always great either (in dancing ability, persona, or looks)... and as per NYS law they all have some sort of pasty on. I do have one problem with the girls though... lately, anytime my wife and I have gone, she has been pregnant. As soon as the girls see a pregnant women they all have to stop by to show us pictures of their kids. I have no idea where they are keeping these pictures! Its fun and all to swap kid stories... especially with a half naked lady, but... sometimes you just want to get away from the kids and you would think that a strip club is the place to do it.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

SciFiDownBeat posted:

lately, anytime my wife and I have gone, she has been pregnant

What a weird way to formulate that. Or does his wife just sporadically and randomly get pregnant :confused:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

c'mon down to DILDO CITY

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Monkey Fracas posted:

c'mon down to DILDO CITY

where the theaters aren't clean and the floors are sticky

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
showing pictures of your kids to a girl with fake titties

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Trig Discipline posted:

showing pictures of your kids to a girl with fake titties

thats pretty much what junior hockey is all about

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

BJ's is exactly what I thought it would be. BJ's is nothing like I thought it would be. I guess I had no idea what to expect, except that there would be naked women inside. I was correct in this assessment.

I have tried on a couple of occasions to try this place out and it has never worked because they close early. Both other times I stopped in were around midnight and it was closed.

I had some friends in town for the weekend and we had some time to kill before a Twins game so I gave BJ's a shot.

You walk in to a room with pool tables, darts, and video games. Then walk up a couple steps to the bar area. It looks like a typical dive bar, circular bar in the center of the room. Stage behind the bar, but no places to sit around stage. You can either sit at the bar or one of a dozen or so tables.

You can get booze and beer at BJs. Drinks are reasonable for a naked place. I recall beers were $4 and mixed drinks were $5-6.

There is no cover charge at BJs.

If you want to get close to the strippers, there is a place to stand at either end of the stage. You belly up to the stage, plop down of fiver and you get a minute or two standing table dance.

I was happy with this situation. It was a better dance than what you would get putting a buck down at sniffer's row at most clubs, and pretty comparable to what you would get at a table dance. One of the big reasons that I don't usually buy table dances is that I don't want to drop $20 bucks for a 3 minute dance. But $5 for 90 seconds ain't that bad.

They have 4 dancers working at a time. Of the four, one was unbelievably hot, as in like a 10. Two were good, as in better than an average stripper at an average strip club. One of the ladies was about 50 and pretty saggy and wrinkly, but not entirely unattractive.

My crew stuck out at BJs. The typical patron at BJ's is man from 45-60, someone who probably has a motorcycle, a non-ironic handlebar mustache, probably served a couple years in prison for a cocaine or assault conviction, and likely has some tattoos. With that said, I didn't really feel out of place or unwelcome.

Their men's room has one toilet, no stall, no lock. Apparently, they had problem with patrons using drugs in the bathroom before.

Also, the strippers do not solicit dances. If you want a dance, you go to the stage, you are not pestered by strippers.

It was surprisingly busy at 2 p.m. on a Friday afternoon, something like 30 guys in there.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

That sounds like a really nice place. A good review, would go there for hepatitis.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XPGDxRPpj8

EDIT: Beaten badly.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

quote:

Was in for the week of PGA Tournaments, and Super Bowl. Needed something to do on my first night and guess what ......I had a Great Alasken Bush dive. Highly recommend if you go. Looks like an Country Saloon inside and out, but most of the girls are hot and of course some are not. Have I seen better strip clubs? Hell yeah. BUT SOMETIMES YOU JUST NEED TO SEE SOME SNATCH. Oh and by the way. NONE OF THE GIRLS HAD A BUSH.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
This poo poo amazingly sad and funny at the same time. I'm learning new lingo I can use too like Sniffers Row.

Korean Barbecue Slut
Aug 6, 2009

dreezy posted:

A+ customer relations.

Jeremy appears to be a Goon:

Evidence:

http://imgur.com/k2AF8vU

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
:yum:

Mind you this review isn't for prudish ears but those of Foodish ones. For Foodies will venture where the great food is no matter what. It is simply our nature and The Golden Foodie Rule. So please continue reading Foodies and for others please move on to safer grounds. Let me begin with saying, there's this odd syndrome in Savannah. "Strip Clubs" all feel like they're sitting around waiting for something to happen. Its an unspoken and uneasy quiet that you can cut with a knife. They all act as if T&A and a door that swings on hinges both ways is all that it takes to be a "success." So often they're poorly themed, peculiar "managers" and door people who don't seem to have a philosophy or a clue in result. We'll skip the moody bar staff and dancer scene which are largely as inconsistent.

In effect, none of the clubs seem to ever gut up, gun out or run with the ball of what they have and to me, that's an odd business philosophy if you can even call it one. In conclusion, in Savannah, less the physical addresses, very little difference or stand out between any of them. Ah, but one has a secret weapon and is why we're really here. In a chef. And he's a man. Yup. No, he doesn't cook in stilettos or wear pastie or anything weird. He just turns out killer gourmet and basic continental foods. Shifting utensils for a moment, it is interesting to note that years ago, middle of the day, a family with young children in tow, drove up to me in a station wagon and actually asked for directions to Uncle Harry's as someone had told them the place had good food. I'm pretty sure the inquiring father didn't see my brain trying to find logic for what he was asking me or noted my eating my tongue as I tried to find the words. If there weren't hidden cameras nearby that day, there gosh darn should have been. The ghost of Alan Funt smiled over this situation regardless. When I regained speech, I spared this variety of the Griswolds the truth about it being a strip club and politely commented, "I think they may have meant somewhere else," and pointed them somewhere more family oriented.

But here's the skinny today -- Uncle Harry's has not just good food, but awesome. And the chef by skills and style alone, could put most "fine dining" jockeys to shame and turn there faces virgin red. His name is Chris Russell and I don't know much about him except he's brilliant at what he does. He also serves up what he does with a kind of gentleman farmer ease and humble grace, that also defies the environment. He's humble about its greatness, if just because, well, let's just say for all of the culinary virtues he possesses, he knows its hard to compete with the main stage. Honestly, if not for him, it is unlikely I'd have taken time with this review and for all of the obvious reasons. But because of Russell's gifts, I was COMPELLED as a Foodie faithful. He deserves to be noted and celebrated and also promoted and supported more by the club. The facts that there aren't some devoted, clean feeling dining tables, or that Russell's face isn't on or discussed in advertising? The club is short selling one of its biggest talents. Russell's food is a mindblower for any critique or gastronomique. But yes, you will have to "suffer" the surroundings in order to eat it. But here's the upside. One, you can typically eat here later than other establishments. If you just happen to enjoy the female form in various states of dance & undressed, it could behoove thee to Foodie spree here routinely. That said, let it be known, the burgers & steak are what you would find at a Ruth Chris or upscale meat & graze joint. I will go out on a limb and say that the blackened shrimp I've now eaten 3 times here served with sweet potato puree -- The best I've ever had in any restaurant anywhere. My favorite personal moment was this past Thanksgiving (Shhhhhh...I know, I know, long story!). My day compelled me to find something late & last minute, and I had not eaten all day. It was a weeknight and most things Foodie worthy not open. And then I remembered Russell's blackened shrimp! I called and discovered an impossible thing & twas' proof that sometimes joy and happiness are found in places unexpected -- he was offering a free buffet and all you had to pay was the cover charge at the club! Best $10 I ever spent. My date and I arrived and discovered that this gorgeous array of food had not been well advertised and there was plenty. Christmas had come early and it was called Thanksgiving at Harry's. From the savvy mac n'cheese (gruyere & Vermont no less), corn pudding to casseroles various, a pecan pie that nailed the dinner, we laughed like orphans who had raided the mansion's fridge for a night! It was too good to be true that this was happening but indeed it was and did. So my friends, if you want something more decadent both in your evening out as well as your palate? Uncle Harry's be thy name. Tell'em the Foodie Agent 008 sent ya!

Edit: this place is called Scores now.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Why do so many of the strip clubs make/sell food? Are they inspected like regular? Pop in inspections would be fun.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

LoG posted:

:yum:

Mind you this review isn't for prudish ears but those of Foodish ones. For Foodies will venture where the great food is no matter what. It is simply our nature and The Golden Foodie Rule. So please continue reading Foodies and for others please move on to safer grounds. Let me begin with saying, there's this odd syndrome in Savannah. "Strip Clubs" all feel like they're sitting around waiting for something to happen. Its an unspoken and uneasy quiet that you can cut with a knife. They all act as if T&A and a door that swings on hinges both ways is all that it takes to be a "success." So often they're poorly themed, peculiar "managers" and door people who don't seem to have a philosophy or a clue in result. We'll skip the moody bar staff and dancer scene which are largely as inconsistent.

In effect, none of the clubs seem to ever gut up, gun out or run with the ball of what they have and to me, that's an odd business philosophy if you can even call it one. In conclusion, in Savannah, less the physical addresses, very little difference or stand out between any of them. Ah, but one has a secret weapon and is why we're really here. In a chef. And he's a man. Yup. No, he doesn't cook in stilettos or wear pastie or anything weird. He just turns out killer gourmet and basic continental foods. Shifting utensils for a moment, it is interesting to note that years ago, middle of the day, a family with young children in tow, drove up to me in a station wagon and actually asked for directions to Uncle Harry's as someone had told them the place had good food. I'm pretty sure the inquiring father didn't see my brain trying to find logic for what he was asking me or noted my eating my tongue as I tried to find the words. If there weren't hidden cameras nearby that day, there gosh darn should have been. The ghost of Alan Funt smiled over this situation regardless. When I regained speech, I spared this variety of the Griswolds the truth about it being a strip club and politely commented, "I think they may have meant somewhere else," and pointed them somewhere more family oriented.

But here's the skinny today -- Uncle Harry's has not just good food, but awesome. And the chef by skills and style alone, could put most "fine dining" jockeys to shame and turn there faces virgin red. His name is Chris Russell and I don't know much about him except he's brilliant at what he does. He also serves up what he does with a kind of gentleman farmer ease and humble grace, that also defies the environment. He's humble about its greatness, if just because, well, let's just say for all of the culinary virtues he possesses, he knows its hard to compete with the main stage. Honestly, if not for him, it is unlikely I'd have taken time with this review and for all of the obvious reasons. But because of Russell's gifts, I was COMPELLED as a Foodie faithful. He deserves to be noted and celebrated and also promoted and supported more by the club. The facts that there aren't some devoted, clean feeling dining tables, or that Russell's face isn't on or discussed in advertising? The club is short selling one of its biggest talents. Russell's food is a mindblower for any critique or gastronomique. But yes, you will have to "suffer" the surroundings in order to eat it. But here's the upside. One, you can typically eat here later than other establishments. If you just happen to enjoy the female form in various states of dance & undressed, it could behoove thee to Foodie spree here routinely. That said, let it be known, the burgers & steak are what you would find at a Ruth Chris or upscale meat & graze joint. I will go out on a limb and say that the blackened shrimp I've now eaten 3 times here served with sweet potato puree -- The best I've ever had in any restaurant anywhere. My favorite personal moment was this past Thanksgiving (Shhhhhh...I know, I know, long story!). My day compelled me to find something late & last minute, and I had not eaten all day. It was a weeknight and most things Foodie worthy not open. And then I remembered Russell's blackened shrimp! I called and discovered an impossible thing & twas' proof that sometimes joy and happiness are found in places unexpected -- he was offering a free buffet and all you had to pay was the cover charge at the club! Best $10 I ever spent. My date and I arrived and discovered that this gorgeous array of food had not been well advertised and there was plenty. Christmas had come early and it was called Thanksgiving at Harry's. From the savvy mac n'cheese (gruyere & Vermont no less), corn pudding to casseroles various, a pecan pie that nailed the dinner, we laughed like orphans who had raided the mansion's fridge for a night! It was too good to be true that this was happening but indeed it was and did. So my friends, if you want something more decadent both in your evening out as well as your palate? Uncle Harry's be thy name. Tell'em the Foodie Agent 008 sent ya!

Edit: this place is called Scores now.

lol

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
This thread had no right to be this funny.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Darth123123 posted:

Why do so many of the strip clubs make/sell food? Are they inspected like regular? Pop in inspections would be fun.

ive never been to a strip joint but there are several in my area that advertise their food as a reason to c'mon down. i think my fav is the place that advertises itself as something like "the perfect place to entertain business clients" yeah ok lester

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

The funniest part is that you don't find this place by accident. It's tucked away on the back street of a ghetto where it's usually not safe to be around after dark.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Lutha Mahtin posted:

ive never been to a strip joint but there are several in my area that advertise their food as a reason to c'mon down. i think my fav is the place that advertises itself as something like "the perfect place to entertain business clients" yeah ok lester

http://acropolispdx.com/

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

quote:

Weird layout, bad location, and a low ceiling make for a really lame strip club experience.

The main stage is in a small room with a ridiculously low ceiling. So low in fact, that the dancers are all too tall to do any moves on the pole. So what can they do? Slow dance with the pole. Yeah, that's right. What, exactly, am I paying for here?

And for the same place:

quote:

The only reason why I went in last night to Presley's is because my friend along with his group of friends wanted to go in, they have never been inside. With in 4 minutes of being in there and at the bar, this old nasty (a-hole) grabbed one of the guys, wife's butt, when we confronted him about it, he said "I didn't do it, also I know the owner Frank, he is a good friend of mine and I can do what I want in here". The Security came over and got in the middle of us and told the (a-hole) to go to the back patio. We asked him why didn't you kick him out. He said "I already did, but the owner told me to let him back in". The husband went to the back patio and chocked the (a-hole) out. Then we left.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Haschel Cedricson posted:

And for the same place:

This all sounds like an enjoyable way to look at a boob for a bit. And spend a poo poo ton doing so.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Darth123123 posted:

id guess that it's some sort of liquor license thing

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Anchorage Ak and named Joy. Hmmm

Anyways, Doesn't Quebec allow full contact body sports at their clubs? I heard that before.

E: they have a minimum parking spot rule too

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

still gave it 3 stars lol.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I wonder if better parking would have bumped up GABCs rating a notch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

So she's a Mormon into old timey burlesque?

• Locked thread