Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Town votes to keep its official seal: a white man tackling a Native American

At least they're honest about the history of their town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Lord Janner abuse charges – Alleged victims of sexual abuse by Greville Janner have hit out at the decision to drop court proceedings against the late peer, saying it amounted to “an establishment cover-up from day one”"

Telegraph:

Labour's general election defeat verdict revealed

Independent:

EU disastrous for UK, says cabinet minister Chris Grayling

The i paper:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I adore this and don't want it to be missed.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Ben Garrison posted:

“New York Values”

Ted Cruz had nothing to lose by criticizing Trump’s so-called “New York values.” Perhaps he thought it would make him look less like a big city poltician to the farmers in Iowa. Trump may have made too much of it, but it added spice to an already good debate. It’s just too bad Rand Paul was left out. Surely he should be there ahead of Kasich and Donut Man, Christie. Rand wants to audit the Federal Reserve and he made time to vote on the bill, unlike Cruz. C’mon Cruz…if you really want to appear presidential, start talking about auditing and then ending the corrupt Federal Reserve!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Garrison's childlike belief in Paul is reminding me of Mitt Fitts.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Town votes to keep its official seal: a white man tackling a Native American

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mK01Fec7zA

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyC3rPDSSVg

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

What's with the weird perspective in this cartoon?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

We got cartoon sign!

Trump is connecting with dummies. A Good Cartoon.

Obama sighed as he drew his scimitar.

Trump poses a threat to global security. This isn't a joke.

California democrats are about to have really bad gas.

Ignorance is truly bliss.

Madigan is still bad.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Samuel Clemens posted:

What's with the weird perspective in this cartoon?

Ben Garrison has always had a weird perspective on things. :v:

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

http://lurieunaward.com/2015winners_wl.php

Luckovich won 3rd prize in the UN political cartoon contest. Greenberg and Bennett also received commendations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rorus Raz posted:

Trump is connecting with dummies. A Good Cartoon.

Obama got the Iranians to hand the hostages back by giving them zero dollars. AGC.

E: A runner up from the Luries. I'd like to see more of this guy.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 16, 2016

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Woman: Wow honey! Thing certainly seems good!

Man: Ha ha yeah bitch probably because Obummer and local politician suck DONKEY BALLZZZZZZZZZ THING IS BAD *shoves her to the ground, air guitars*

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

Hillary: *screams internally*

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Jedit posted:

Obama got the Iranians to hand the hostages back by giving them zero dollars. AGC.

Actually, he reportedly delayed enacting sanctions over the recent Iranian missile launches, so expect the griping about how weak Obama is, blinking and giving in to those evil Iranians instead of standing up, to them to continue.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

loquacius posted:

unless it's someone else's generator in which case it's actually the Invisible Hand Of Industrial Sabotage

Too long for metal band name but amazing name for the first album.

Zetsubou-san posted:

There is no kaishakunin standing by to give a clean death after the GOP has restored its honor - A Historically Inaccurate Cartoon

He can borrow the Sheik of Wales from the British Politoons thread.

Sure, doesn't make any metaphorical sense, but nonsense in an election year always plays...

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Rorus Raz posted:

California democrats are about to have really bad gas.

What the gently caress?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

alnilam posted:

What the gently caress?

I assume it's racism directed at hispanics, rice and beans and all that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A Voldemort Wins cartoon I guess.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

alnilam posted:

What the gently caress?

The California donkey child wants to fill his budget surplus cauldron with candy but Jerry Brown wants him to be healthy and is bad at running a candy store. What could possibly be confusing about that?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Rorus Raz posted:

Ignorance is truly bliss.
The SOTU dispelled this man's fears about the economy and ISIS enough that he was finally able to get a good night's sleep. A Nice Cartoon. :shobon:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

alnilam posted:

What the gently caress?

gently caress you poor, you're not really poor unless you're eating dried rice and beans because you don't have money for a refrigerator or any dietary variety.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

xthetenth posted:

gently caress you poor, you're not really poor unless you're eating dried rice and beans because you don't have money for a refrigerator or any dietary variety.

I take it as now the Dems have all this surplus, but there's no candy left to buy, which is fun and sweet and delicious. Instead, here are beans and rice, which aren't nearly as good as candy but certainly more nutritionally sound.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

alnilam posted:

What the gently caress?

OR you could just replace the speech bubble with "nonsense; this is an election year" and end up with the same results.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

cram me sideways posted:

I take it as now the Dems have all this surplus, but there's no candy left to buy, which is fun and sweet and delicious. Instead, here are beans and rice, which aren't nearly as good as candy but certainly more nutritionally sound.

I think it's probably gloating about Republican obstructionism.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sir Tonk posted:

Yet they complain daily about how much of a bully Obama is.

No, see, they complain about Obama being a thug.

Thump! posted:

It'd be better if he was trying to decide on which Zero he was going to fly suicidally into either the USS Clinton or USS Sanders, both of which are launching continuous barrages on Japan (traditional America or whatever)

You know what this simple, elegant visual metaphor requires? More elements that confuse and detract from the point and would need more labelling.

Guilty Spork posted:

Things that one person receives for free usually cost money at some point. The government is bad for... providing "free" things that help poor people narrowly avoid death I guess?

It is because that was Tinsley's money and he didn't want it going to those shiftless NIG-

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Darkman Fanpage posted:

At least they're honest about the history of their town.

They claim it shows the town's founder, Hugh White, winning a friendly wrestling match. In their defense, the original design does look a lot less chokey.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Trump isn't wedgying Hillary supporters. He's wedgying the right-wing base.

They evidently support policies that are laughable at best, dystopian at medium, and literally the same as Hitler at worst.

All the while: Hillary is inevitable, Bernie is a pipe dream, every moderate republican is desperately trying to be almost as extreme as Donald, and Donald is the punchline.

Just...yuck.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Wanamingo posted:

a friendly wrestling match
ahahahaha

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Really when you think about it Manifest Destiny was just Wrestlemania -1 and we just out-wrestled all those native americans so really them being all pissy about racism and inequality and whatever other made up words they got for like corn and poo poo is just them being big pissy crybabies about LOSING to indomitable Americans.

edit: And in the alternate dimension known as KRAZYLAND it was the native who won the wrestling match and was then summarily beaten to death by a dozen angry white men for embarrassing the poo poo out of them and the village still ended up being named WHITEYLAND and the seal still shows a picture of a God-fearin' white man showing an inun who's boss.

cram me sideways fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 16, 2016

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Bah gawd, King, he's taking out the smallpox blankets!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

IT BEGINS!

If global warming then why snow?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

If global warming then why snow 2 months later than usual

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Jedit posted:

E: A runner up from the Luries. I'd like to see more of this guy.

I think he's been posted in previous incarnations of the thread before. I remember seeing the one with the cat and the farm animals.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

alnilam posted:

If global warming then why snow 2 months later than usual
Naturally it's Payne leading the charge, and worded in the most awkward way possible so you know what he's talking about.

"Global Warming-fighting electric cars"

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

ImpAtom posted:

A Voldemort Wins cartoon I guess.

Except Snape was a double agent whose primary loyalty lay with Dumbledore the entire time, even when he killed him. He disliked Harry for personal reasons but when he said he would do something to help him, he did it to the best of his abilities.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Maybe it's a title and subtitle: "Global Warming: Fighting Electric Cars," a heated cage match where electric cars duke it out, named because of the international nature of the competition and how HOT it gets in there :getin:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Keiya posted:

Except Snape was a double agent whose primary loyalty lay with Dumbledore the entire time, even when he killed him. He disliked Harry for personal reasons but when he said he would do something to help him, he did it to the best of his abilities.

I prefer to remember him as a Die Hard villain personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Klaus88 posted:

I prefer to remember him as a Die Hard villain personally.

a. good. cartoon.

ho. ho. ho.

• Locked thread