Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

The premise of the story states that university professor Dr. Robert Bolton and his partner Dr. Luther Paradigm created a machine, known as the "gene-slammer", capable of changing aquatic animals into anthropomorphic hybrids. In his attempt to prevent Paradigm from using this machine for personal power, Bolton is transformed into an unseen monstrosity; but escapes. Later, Paradigm gives Bolton's four sons John, Bobby, Coop, and Clint the likeness of four different sharks. When Dr. Paradigm captures their friend Bends, the resulting "Street Sharks" rescue him and combine Paradigm with piranha DNA (for which he is often nicknamed "Dr. Piranoid" by other characters). In subsequent episodes, Dr. Paradigm creates a variety of monsters to destroy the Street Sharks, while attempting to persuade the inhabitants of their native metropolis of Fission City to imprison them. Of these monsters, a few sided with the Sharks themselves: namely 'Rox' (a musician and mako shark, similar to the protagonists), 'Moby Lick' (based on an orca), Mantaman (a manta ray/alien hybrid), and 'El Swordo' (based on a swordfish)

The final few episodes introduced the Dino Vengers: a group of extraterrestrial dinosaurs allied with the Street Sharks against their own rivals in the Raptor Gang. The Dino Vengers later had their own series, called Extreme Dinosaurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I wnet to miami and there were sharks in the street - "Al Gore"

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
im gonna name my firstborn son big slammu

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

the great deceiver posted:

im gonna name my firstborn son big slammu
so, you're going to name him after your mom?

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Harald posted:

so, you're going to name him after your mom?

no my moms name is actually moby lick

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

oh my lord Extreme Dinosaurs was beyond awful

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Professor Shark posted:

Lol what thread was it that I caused you to vow some sort of weirdo internet vendetta against me, it's like having an enemy you don't really think about making snarky comments to himself

what are you talking about you maniac

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Don't forget the spinoff:

They even have a cladistical outcast analogous to the orca.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Slavvy posted:

im gaye posted:

oh my lord Extreme Dinosaurs was beyond awful

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Slavvy posted:

huh I guess I had the triceratops toy as a kid. I had always assumed it was an obscure TMNT villain-of-the-week kinda thing but this is much worse

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

is that t-rex wearing missile launchers in the house

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

is that t-rex wearing missile launchers in the house

that's pretty loving extreme

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Paranoid Dude posted:

I think it's so cool that we have a Street Shark running for president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs_Y2xklzIk

they have most of the episodes on youtube. its weird.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

what are you talking about you maniac

Oh, maybe you're just a fucksuck wherever you go haha nevermind

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
The first episode of Street sharks aired on the 11th of september 1994 exactly 7 years before 9/11

coincide nce?

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

drat horror queefs posted:

huh I guess I had the triceratops toy as a kid. I had always assumed it was an obscure TMNT villain-of-the-week kinda thing but this is much worse

was it orange? then its tmnt

extreme dinosaurs was a flagrant knock off

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Slavvy posted:

Do you think some Chinaman took that Triceratops horn and ground it up for Wang Tea?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Professor Shark posted:

Lol what thread was it that I caused you to vow some sort of weirdo internet vendetta against me, it's like having an enemy you don't really think about making snarky comments to himself

whats with the persecution complex

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That cartoon also proves the immortal truth that stegosaurus is the best and coolest herbivore.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Slavvy posted:

That cartoon also proves the immortal truth that stegosaurus is the best and coolest herbivore.

the lesson being that you can live however you like as long as youre armed

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Mange Mite posted:

whats with the persecution complex

seriously

dude has a panic attack if he thinks someone is Posting Against Him

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

lol I'm mad and panicking weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
i have a very early memory of going to the cabin with my family with a new Xtreme Dinosaurs tape that I was very excited to watch. I had just gotten it for Christmas. I was the only grandchild and made my entire extended family watch it in the cabin multiple times all week. I would throw a fit if someone put on something else. Street Sharks owned too.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Sharzak posted:

i have a very early memory of going to the cabin with my family with a new Xtreme Dinosaurs tape that I was very excited to watch. I had just gotten it for Christmas. I was the only grandchild and made my entire extended family watch it in the cabin multiple times all week. I would throw a fit if someone put on something else. Street Sharks owned too.

Sorry Sharzak this is now the "Professor Shark Meltdown Thread", I'll tell you how you've wronged me after I'm done with the jacket guy

But in all honesty drink ground glass Down Jacket and gently caress you, sorry I posted in the Warhammer thread or whatever you loser haha

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Hahaha

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

the street shark thread is getting way too heated

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
What the gently caress, how have I not heard of Xtreme Dinosaurs until this thread? :eyepop:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

the great deceiver posted:

the street shark thread is getting way too heated

I've had a beer and have chilled out, let's get back to talking about cartoons, just know that I was never mad at you, TGD

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

finally my people get the recognition they deserve

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Sharktacular!

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Moon Atari posted:

Hmm, judging by this image I'm not sure whether I have ripster or streex. It has ripsters colouration, but is wearing streex green shorts. I've never seen street sharks but there is probably some deep lore that can explain this.

i think when two sharks have gem sex they merge into one trans/poly land whale that posts on tumblr

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

professor shark i like to think of us as friends but if you want we can get some sort of kayfabe rivalry thing going on, you'll josh me and i'll josh you and you will become a little more cautious about opening packages

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm fine with that, we can be actual fun enemies instead of whatever lame poo poo the coat guy is doing (Mange Mite gets a pass because it's Mange Mite)

gently caress you're horizontal fin

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Professor Shark posted:

gently caress you're horizontal fin

lol if you eat by putting macroscopic pieces of animal flesh in your mouth, sounds a lot like sucking a dick!!!

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

had no idea Extreme Dinosaurs was a spinoff

thank gbs i learned something

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Professor Shark posted:

I've had a beer and have chilled out, let's get back to talking about cartoons, just know that I was never mad at you, TGD

i know you weren't mad at me professor shark, i know you weren't. god bless

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010
In the opening titles the street sharks burst through like half a dozen walls and floors. They really hate using doors huh

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Mowglis Haircut posted:

In the opening titles the street sharks burst through like half a dozen walls and floors. They really hate using doors huh

they literally swim through the streets chewing up the pavement and the city is spending a fortune on asphalt

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Extreme Dinosaurs fought to stop global warming. The badguys wanted to make global warming, but the dinosaurs stopped them even though they probably like things warmer too. And there was a blue alien woman who was a space cop of some kind (not, like, in one episode, she was their April or maybe even their Splinter).

It was a good show is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Sharks couldn't live on the street, they need water to breathe what a dumb show.

• Locked thread