Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Does anyone know how master quartz XP works? It's not scaled to character levels at all, is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

leather fedora posted:

Well, I finally finished SC and it was a pretty solid ending, all told. It's a shame that a localization of 3rd still seems pretty unlikely from what I heard. I might pick up a JP copy but I really want to carry over my save...

If you're basing this assumption off of what Slur's said, don't worry about it. As far as I know, he's the only person saying we won't get 3rd, I haven't heard any official sources say anything about the possibility.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

quote:

I still don't know whether or not Zane is actively hitting on women or just sincerely complimenting them.

Zane hits on women, but unlike Olivier and Kevin, his way of doing so is kind of passive, so his flirting doesn't really feel like flirting. Maybe that's why Kilika ended up with Walter instead of with him.

quote:

Joshua doesn't get to have a Harem, Estelle would hit him with her very large stick.

The entire country of Liberl is Joshua's harem. Anyone who doesn't want a piece of Joshua wants a piece of Princess Cecilia.

quote:

Does anyone know how master quartz XP works? It's not scaled to character levels at all, is it?

I don't think it is. I remember doing some grinding in the final dungeon and noticing that my master quartz was actually getting less experience than the characters it was equipped on. I suspect it has its own independant level scaling.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah i think master quartz get their own hidden exp from battles

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, even when my characters were getting 9999 exp a battle Master Quartz got more like a couple hundred.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The Colonel posted:

If you're basing this assumption off of what Slur's said, don't worry about it. As far as I know, he's the only person saying we won't get 3rd, I haven't heard any official sources say anything about the possibility.

To expand on this a bit, a quote from Tom about a week ago:

quote:

Oh, I really don't mind people asking, so no worries there. I just wish I had something I could tell you! Sales numbers are strictly under NDA, so I really can't reveal them -- and even if we were working on 3rd right now, I couldn't say a thing because we haven't announced it. Basically, unless and until we announce a thing publicly, I can't really talk about that thing. And all we've said publicly about 3rd is that we're considering it, and that its chances will have a lot to do with how well the previous entries in the series sell.

Sorry!

So basically, we know nothing, we will never get to know anything until they straight up announce it, so there's no use worrying about it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh yeah if anyone is curious some people subtitled the japanese trailer for CSII. obviously spoils 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkKo5epzMlM

gonna be epic, folks

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Cake Attack posted:

oh yeah if anyone is curious some people subtitled the japanese trailer for CSII. obviously spoils 1

gonna be epic, folks

I-

I-

It's Captain Towaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So great

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I was going to be pretty mad if they put in horse riding and motorcycles and didn't let you control that outside of one location. Was definitely expecting the knights. Does the person you danced with in Chapter 6 carry over or influence who you can get more scenes from like a Bioware Romance or does the sequel not really care and let you switch around?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Crabtree posted:

I was going to be pretty mad if they put in horse riding and motorcycles and didn't let you control that outside of one location. Was definitely expecting the knights. Does the person you danced with in Chapter 6 carry over or influence who you can get more scenes from like a Bioware Romance or does the sequel not really care and let you switch around?

It carries over, but I think it only influences like a line or so, when you get the character back.

So, we have Motorcycles.

And we have Card Games.

Can we have Card Games on Motorcycles?

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 16, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Crabtree posted:

I believe you can get a small scene near the end of CSII with whoever you're closest to, but it's hardly a legit romance, and doesn't impact the actual ending

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Endorph posted:

I believe you can get a small scene near the end of CSII with whoever you're closest to, but it's hardly a legit romance, and doesn't impact the actual ending

Yeah I was just wondering if you could switch from one classmate to another in CS2.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Cake Attack posted:

gonna be epic, folks

Huh. That snippet at 1:36 sounds a lot more like Kaa-chan/Mother than it does any reference to Airgetlam. Or am I hearing things?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Crabtree posted:

Yeah I was just wondering if you could switch from one classmate to another in CS2.
I think it runs off a points system, like the dating in FF7? So you can try and get another girl but you have to commit. Unsure though.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Though of course this does bring up the question of whether CS3 will touch upon it in any slightly more significant measure.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Cyouni posted:

Huh. That snippet at 1:36 sounds a lot more like Kaa-chan/Mother than it does any reference to Airgetlam. Or am I hearing things?

Because in Japanese, Airgetlam's nickname is Ga-chan, rather than Lammy.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

if anyone wants to listen to the SC Evolution OST it's on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVntRweYZyuDuxhcRe9VGdSBdt0kZuN8l

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

this thread got stuck at the top of my bookmarks for some reason and it's annoying me, im hoping this post will dislodge it.

for content, i would just like to say Sharon owns

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cake Attack posted:

for content, i would just like to say Sharon owns

(final chapter stuff) I hope that the Relief Card earns you some silly little "you defeated an Enforcer" joke somewhere in CSII

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

Cake Attack posted:

Pretty sure it's on iTunes as well (at least FC Evo was), and you should buy it to support Falcom.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

leather fedora posted:

Pretty sure it's on iTunes as well (at least FC Evo was), and you should buy it to support Falcom.

A ton of jdk soundtracks are up on iTunes and amazon.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gaius is my boy, he's actually really good at crowd control which helps out in boss fights with adds. rean has delay on his crafts but gaius can just outright stun or blind a dude into uselessness.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Motto posted:

A ton of jdk soundtracks are up on iTunes and amazon.

i'm pretty sure more of falcom's soundtracks are legally available in the us than their games are

i mean, gently caress, they have an entire official youtube channel that is just uploads of their music

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I think Cold Steel is somehow longer than TitS:SC. I'm verging on 70 hours and I just entered (final chapter spoilers) The Realm of the Great Shadow. The game just keeps going and going. Obviously I'm close to the end but jesus am I getting my money's worth.

Question about second playthrough: if I want to make a perfect save for CSII but I want to do a second playthrough on Nightmare, do I still have to do everything or will my points an such carry over?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You'll have to re-earn all those APs. There are options for carrying over everything else--levels, inventory, combat links, the notebook, etc.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What carries over into CSII anyway?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Cake Attack posted:

That arrange of Obstructive Existence is loving incredible, holy poo poo.

E: So is Feeling Danger Nearby, god drat.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 18, 2016

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Kyrosiris posted:

That arrange of Obstructive Existence is loving incredible, holy poo poo.

E: So is Feeling Danger Nearby, god drat.

I don't normally really get into the Evolution remixes but Gravestone Struck by Lightning is doing it for me.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

So, I've now finished Cold Steel for the first time. Aside from the Erebonia related stuff, one thing I am curious about is if the destruction of Garrelia Fortress is covered in the Ao/Zero duology?

From a gameplay standpoint, gently caress Loa Erebonius, and for that matter Nosferatu for that bullshit "remove a character from the battlefield" move. Especially when it started spamming it near the end of the battle and coming up with the S-Crafts to break it became increasingly difficult(since the tracker kept doing auto-crits followed immediately by heals, with the boss starting on the auto-crit, immediately afterwards).

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

That's when you bust out Moebius, Chrono Burst, and your Zerams. Fight bullshit with bullshit.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
What is Chrono Burst and when do I get it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

What is Chrono Burst and when do I get it?

Chrono Burst is a Time spell that allows a character to act twice in a row for 200 EP. You can buy it from any Quartz store starting at about the midway point of the game.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Chrono Burst is a Time spell that allows a character to act twice in a row for 200 EP. You can buy it from any Quartz store starting at about the midway point of the game.

There's also one Chrono Burst quartz you can find late in Chapter 6, and one of the higher-level AP rewards is a Skanda Gem quartz that grants all three Chrono arts.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Lord Koth posted:

So, I've now finished Cold Steel for the first time. Aside from the Erebonia related stuff, one thing I am curious about is if the destruction of Garrelia Fortress is covered in the Ao/Zero duology?

Yes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Huh,. so the events of the end of the game are from Aoi/Zero? I thought they were but at what point are they overlapping with CS?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ImpAtom posted:

Huh,. so the events of the end of the game are from Aoi/Zero? I thought they were but at what point are they overlapping with CS?

Pretty much constantly. If something gets mentioned as happening that you didn't see, (aside from Group B's stuff), it's generally because it happened in Zero/Ao. Hell, even things that you did see were often mentioned in Zero/Ao.

Also people that you haven't met that are mentioned a fair bit, for that matter.

Ao ends around the same time as CS1 does, with an Epilogue bit that's past CS2's ending that will probably tie into CS3's plot.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Supremezero posted:

Pretty much constantly. If something gets mentioned as happening that you didn't see, (aside from Group B's stuff), it's generally because it happened in Zero/Ao.

Also people that you haven't met that are mentioned a fair bit, for that matter.

Ao ends around the same time as CS1 does, with an Epilogue bit that's past CS2's ending that will probably tie into CS3's plot.

Ah, that last part is what I was wondering. Yeah, I got the idea that every time Crossbell came up it was the events of the other game but I actually thought it was a bit more prequelly rather than overlapping.

Fortunately the entire first episode of CS just leads up to the opening of a Gundam series so I was able to glean most of the stuff I missed via context!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Edit: Double Post. Man, SA is doing this poo poo all the time now.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ImpAtom posted:

Ah, that last part is what I was wondering. Yeah, I got the idea that every time Crossbell came up it was the events of the other game but I actually thought it was a bit more prequelly rather than overlapping.

Fortunately the entire first episode of CS just leads up to the opening of a Gundam series so I was able to glean most of the stuff I missed via context!

CS1 was basically written with the assumption that people had played Zero/Ao, so they'd know things were going to happen in advance. For example, (CS1 spoilers)when Towa tells you she's going to the Trade Conference, you're intended to freak out, since you saw that go horribly in Zero/Ao. Thankfully, it kinda also works in reverse, so we were able to find out things that happened in Zero/Ao similar to how Erebonia events were mentioned there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Supremezero posted:

CS1 was basically written with the assumption that people had played Zero/Ao, so they'd know things were going to happen in advance. For example, (CS1 spoilers)when Towa tells you she's going to the Trade Conference, you're intended to freak out, since you saw that go horribly in Zero/Ao. Thankfully, it kinda also works in reverse, so we were able to find out things that happened in Zero/Ao similar to how Erebonia events were mentioned there.

The opening actually does a reasonable job of setting that up too at least. Aside from the completely lame fakeout of 'whoops turns out it was a blank."

Fortunately it really does sound like it's kind of the same in both directions so we're getting the 'other side' of the story rather than missing out entirely.