Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Rorus Raz posted:

Happy White People Pretend to Care Day

I think you're all overlooking the real problem here: This calendar has five day weeks. The 25th is straight below the 20th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

ymgve posted:

I think you're all overlooking the real problem here: This calendar has five day weeks. The 25th is straight below the 20th.

This is the weathervane argument all over again. It's just an optical illusion.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ymgve posted:

Modern, rational metric months.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

ymgve posted:

#staywoke

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Twenty years ago, this would've been a controversial joke about Chelsea. How time flies.

Rorus Raz posted:

You see son, I'm a manchild and only want big vroom vroom cars.
Hm, yes, Obama hates oil. That's why we stopped drilling. Oil is dead.

(Oil Yearly Production Charts in thousand barrels per day)

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Twenty years ago, this would've been a controversial joke about Chelsea. How time flies.

Hm, yes, Obama hates oil. That's why we stopped drilling. Oil is dead.

(Oil Yearly Production Charts in thousand barrels per day)

I heard on the radio today that at today's prices, the barrel crude oil is shipped in is worth more money than oil itself.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Oil isn't shipped in barrels

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Im p sure oil is shipped by the barrel just like gas comes in individual one gallon containers.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Friend, let me tell you about my idea for a giant rubber ball full of oil.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

OldTennisCourt posted:

I literally can not comprehend that.

I'm surprised to find out that anybody actually goes to Sbarros. I tried it once and after that assumed everyone else must be some kind of paid actor.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

dijon du jour posted:

I'm surprised to find out that anybody actually goes to Sbarros. I tried it once and after that assumed everyone else must be some kind of paid actor.

Are they the chain that has bread that seems to be somehow made out of nothing but grease?

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
In Canada, they package oil in bags

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Marty's fat cats :allears:

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Jay Rust posted:

Has anyone assembled a league table or spotter's guide for all cartoonists' fat cats?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

dijon du jour posted:

Eh its okay, there are worse Pizza joints in the world.

Then again I still like Pizza Hut now and again, but gently caress Dominos and Papa Johns

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Better fate than Branco deserves.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

dijon du jour posted:

They're about on par with Costco cafeteria pizza, which I actually like quite a bit.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I can't believe that Mr and Mrs MILLION named their son $528.8, and when he grew up he won that much in the Powerball. What are the odds?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

E-Tank posted:

Whoa whoa. Lets not make fun of trans people while mocking Vegans.

Gotta agree here. If you're going to mock trans, mock them without dividing your attention.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Worst part about this is that south-eastern Minnesota was apparently annexed and my hometown is now in Wisconsin, a fate I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. They also took all of Iowa, too.

And I guess Michigan borders New York now? OK, I guess it's clear he started drawing the north-west states and then gave up.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Jay Rust posted:

His depiction of Fat Cats is great because they look properly predatory and vicious just like the entities they represent.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

colonel_korn posted:

he's such a piece of garbage

If Martin Luther King were still alive today the right would try to drag him out in front of a national audience and shove a mic under his nose, sceaming "WHY ARE BLACK PEOPLE STILL SO loving UPPITY. WHY IS THERE RAP. WHY DO THEY KEEP TRYING TO MOVE INTO MY NEIGHBORHOOD. WHY FURGU-SON? CAN'T YOU TELL THESE BLACKS TO KNOCK IT THE gently caress OFF? I THOUGHT YOU WERE ALL ABOUT MAKING EVERYTHING BETTER. WELL THEN WHY DOES MY SON QUOTE ICE CUBE. WHY DO BLACKS KEEP GETTING ARRESTED. YOU KNOW, I THINK YOUR DREAM SPEECH COULD USE SOME RETOOLING."

Jay Rust posted:

Depticting Amon Bundy as a rodent suggests he is the prey of the fat cats, but even outside the reality of this cartoon, Amon and his gang of dipshit weirdoes aren't going to be consumed by bankers and their ilk. The man who makes his nickle trading on Wall Street can't begin to care about this non-fiasco. This is Kelly levels of association.

cram me sideways fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jan 20, 2016

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

cram me sideways posted:

If Martin Luther King were still alive today the right would try to drag him out in front of a national audience and shove a mic under his nose, sceaming "WHY ARE BLACK PEOPLE STILL SO loving UPPITY. WHY IS THERE RAP. WHY DO THEY KEEP TRYING TO MOVE INTO MY NEIGHBORHOOD. WHY FURGU-SON? CAN'T YOU TELL THESE BLACKS TO KNOCK IT THE gently caress OFF? I THOUGHT YOU WERE ALL ABOUT MAKING EVERYTHING BETTER. WELL THEN WHY DOES MY SON QUOTE ICE CUBE. WHY DO BLACKS KEEP GETTING ARRESTED. YOU KNOW, I THINK YOUR DREAM SPEECH COULD USE SOME RETOOLING."

Depticting Amon Bundy as a rodent suggests he is the prey of the fat cats, but even outside the reality of this cartoon, Amon and his gang of dipshit weirdoes aren't going to be consumed by bankers and their ilk. The man who makes his nickle trading on Wall Street can't begin to care about this non-fiasco. This is Kelly levels of association.

Did you not read the labels in front of the various fat cats? Oil, lumber, mining and so on? Part of the reason these types get so up in arms over federal land is because they want the land for themselves so they can sell the rights to it to these companies to extract resources from it.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Wait, the dude's named "Ammon"? Why am I not surprised that they're Mormons. :allears:

Picture of the guy's namesake, defending the king's sheep:

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

cram me sideways posted:

If MLK Jr. were alive today, he would have disappeared into anonymity or been arrested exactly as the FBI was trying to do when they were sending him threats, calling him a Communist, trying to destroy his marriage, trying to get him to commit suicide, and otherwise trying to destroy him ideologically. His death caused nationwide riots, and the riots were what sparked the greatest changes of the Civil Rights movement.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Mormonism of the Oregon Militia has been one of the most underplayed elements of the story so far. Mainstream outlets are just really uncomfortable when it comes to talking about Mormonism for some reason, even when Mitt Romney was candidate.

There's a common conspiracy theory among these types that the Federal government is sitting on untapped resources of gold or oil at these sites. As opposed to the Feds just ending up holding all the worthless land that nobody wanted to settle in the first place, and making use of it as a nature reserve.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

I guess I need to post this too:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Why would you slam a touchphone to end a call?

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
First Dog:

Edit: Occurs to me that people might need context. The current Government passed mandatory metadata retention for ISPs (This was bipartisan, showing just how hosed up our government is).

Link to a PDF listing all the agencies that have applied for access to the scheme: LINK

Pickled Tink fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jan 20, 2016

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Pickled Tink posted:

First Dog:

Edit: Occurs to me that people might need context. The current Government passed mandatory metadata retention for ISPs (This was bipartisan, showing just how hosed up our government is).

Link to a PDF listing all the agencies that have applied for access to the scheme: LINK

Does anyone read this poo poo

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original

Zelder posted:

would...would this work as an avatar?

edit: i'll need some text to go with it

Hi ho, Hi ho, Muslims have got to go?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

zakharov posted:

Does anyone read this poo poo

Yes

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

WarpedNaba posted:

Why would you slam a touchphone to end a call?

He didn't, that was Tinsley passing out after answering the phone. The sound you heard was his head cracking the table.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
I guess Hitler is the nominee for both parties?

Getting your name tattooed on your forehead is pretty badass.

So you're saying the government didn't do enough regulation? How shocking.(You just know that he's complaining that the feds refused to call it a natural disaster so the state government could avoid any blame.)

You all knew it was coming, may as well enjoy it.

Guessing the GOP healthcare options are right over the cliff.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Internet Webguy posted:

I guess Hitler is the nominee for both parties?

"Move to ISIS?"

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Sarah Palin is stupid. An accurate yet irritatingly low-hanging cartoon. C'mon, Bennett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bennet probably cranked that out before she even gave the speech, because there's too much material to just settle for that.

• Locked thread