Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
SSV, what are you thinking?

##vote Opop, which still puts him at -2, but the thread seems to have died and we're running short on time.

Podima posted:

This is a weird post and I think you're scum for it. Governor is totally a pro-town role.

Yeah, I had a bit of this vibe, too.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Four minutes. Tell me we aren't going to no-lynch?!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote Opop

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Podima posted:

This is a weird post and I think you're scum for it. Governor is totally a pro-town role.

How is taking the power out of town's hands pro town. If the town gets together and decides something, and you decide you know better... that is not pro town.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##vote Opop

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: I say, chap, that appears to be the crimson mallet for Opopanax.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Opopanax (6): Kashuno, Kashuno, Kashuno, GulagDolls, imgay, spacing in vienna, Grandicap, Podima
Kashuno (2): Podima, Podima, Jedit, Jedit, Podima, imgay, Podima, Opopanax, Tommunist, imgay
Podima (0): Tommunist, Tommunist, Tommunist, Kashuno, Jedit, SirSamVimes, Grandicap, Kashuno, Grandicap, Tommunist, Jedit, Grandicap, SirSamVimes, Grandicap
spacing in vienna (0): GulagDolls, Podima, Podima, GulagDolls
Tommunist (0): Podima, Grandicap, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Grandicap

Not Voting (3): AnonymousNarcotics, Jedit, SirSamVimes

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 25th, 2016 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Right as the sun sets, the characters grab someone - anyone - from within their ranks. Podima lines up to deliver the killing blow, when everyone looks down - and sees that today's sacrifice...is already dead.

Opopanax, Dead Parrot, Vanilla Townie, has been voted out Day 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

It is now Night 1. Please submit your night actions.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
The characters all gathered around after a good night's rest, but upon looking around, one of their number was missing. The Colonel's body was found. Things would be quite a bit sillier from here on out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu7vySQbgXI

spacing in vienna, The Colonel, Town Watcher, has been stabbed to death Night 1

It is now Day 2.

Thanks for submitting your night actions promptly, everyone!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Except me I guess :/

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
[b] ##vote podima [b]

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

##vote podima

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Die, scum die.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh I'm dumb gang ##kill Podima

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

He mm well yeah

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
A shot rings out. The bouzouki player cowers away, holding his instrument in front of him as a shield, but the bullet goes right through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3KBuQHHKx0&t=289s

Podima, Bouzouki Player, Survivor, was shot point-blank Day 2.

The day continues.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost: i was really proud of my fakeclaim though :ghost:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVt1EY896cY :ghost:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Swag

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I Don t know anymore

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote Grandi

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kashuno posted:

##vote Grandi

Explain, please.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Grandicap posted:

Wait, why? We should not commute any lynches that occur today. We lose any info we could glean from a flip... Killing what little momentum this game would have at that point. That is bad.

I think we should still take out Podima. Governor is not really pro town, it removes the power from town's hands, the only power they have, the power of the lynch. It happens to be a traditionally town role, but it's it tends to stagnate the game, making it anti town. I don't know what a newbie mod would do as far as balancing the role in scums hand though, so I'm just going to vote with my heart here.

Podima is still my number 1 pick for the day so I am going to vote there, as deadline approaches, I will be more flexible.

##vote Podima

this post.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

this post.

What about it?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Grandicap posted:

What about it?

He thinks it makes u look scummy

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tommunist posted:

He thinks it makes u look scummy

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Your meant to expand your answer kash

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Wow podima you jerk

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yeah grandi that post is kinda scummy. If podima's role were real, it would absolutely be pro town.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:zombie: I'm not dead, I'm just resting

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Yeah grandi that post is kinda scummy. If podima's role were real, it would absolutely be pro town.

Ok, the role was fake, and he is dead, so this is academic, but think about it for a moment.

The scum kill is the nightkill.
The counter to this ability is Doctor.
The scum win the game by killing town such that they are a majority of remaining players.
The scum kill furthers this goal.
The doctor hinders scum's ability to win the game.
The doctor is an anti-scum ability.

The town kill is the lynch.
The counter to this ability is a Governor.
The town win the game by killing all of the scum.
The lynch furthers this goal.
The Governor hinders the town's ability to win the game.
The Governor is an anti-town ability.

I mean you can talk about benevolent dictators and such, but the whole popular vote mechanic thing, that town controls through sheer numbers (uninformed majority), stopping a lynch is expressly "agains the will of the town". You know, because they voted for it...

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

:zombie: I'm not dead, I'm just resting

Wonderful plumage.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
it's still a terrible argument because, had his role been real, we would be able to avoid lynching town and actually getting someone confirmed. I think that's pretty good progress towards finding and killing scum.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Grandicap posted:

Ok, the role was fake, and he is dead, so this is academic, but think about it for a moment.

The scum kill is the nightkill.
The counter to this ability is Doctor.
The scum win the game by killing town such that they are a majority of remaining players.
The scum kill furthers this goal.
The doctor hinders scum's ability to win the game.
The doctor is an anti-scum ability.

The town kill is the lynch.
The counter to this ability is a Governor.
The town win the game by killing all of the scum.
The lynch furthers this goal.
The Governor hinders the town's ability to win the game.
The Governor is an anti-town ability.

Except Podima was claiming an ability that would not hinder the Town, because as Town he would only save Townies. And as he said, the scum would probably want him dead for that reason - if he'd been telling the truth then they would have to kill him as soon as possible because when he did get flipped everyone he had saved up until that point would be confirmed Town. The only way scum stay ahead in that equation would be to kill him right away and kill whoever he saved on Night 2.

Of course as it turns out he was lying and his role was anti-Town, but that is why your Day 1 reasoning is Bad & Wrong.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
yeah grandi you are trying to somehow turn a role that is only good for town into something vague.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jedit posted:

Except Podima was claiming an ability that would not hinder the Town, because as Town he would only save Townies. And as he said, the scum would probably want him dead for that reason - if he'd been telling the truth then they would have to kill him as soon as possible because when he did get flipped everyone he had saved up until that point would be confirmed Town. The only way scum stay ahead in that equation would be to kill him right away and kill whoever he saved on Night 2.

Of course as it turns out he was lying and his role was anti-Town, but that is why your Day 1 reasoning is Bad & Wrong.

Did I misread his claimed role? I thought Governor just stopped lynches, regardless of alignment. If it only stopped lynches on townies then it is:
A) Absurdly good
and
B) Made up

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Podima posted:

OK as promised.

I'm the First Judge from the Poofy Judges sketch - which I complained about not being captioned but I found a transcript so hoorah!

My role is a weird town-oriented combination of Governor and Lyncher - if I'm the final vote (bringing down the gavel, if you will) then the flip gets PMed to me before it's posted in the thread and I can choose whether to cancel the vote or not. That's why I put a clearly dumb vote down on Tommunist first thing, so that I could have an excuse for having my vote parked somewhere irrelevant while actual discussion went on and then hopefully swoop in at hammer. Unfortunately I'm an idiot and overplayed my hand because I was laughing too hard at Tommunist's poor luck, so here we are.

poo poo, I was wrong, he claimed he would be PMd the flip before he got to make the decision... wow, if I hadn't glossed over that I would have never unvoted. That role literally stops scum from being able to get mislynches. I would be surprised if that role were seriously put in any game ever.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##unvote ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Knowing is 1/5th the battle

• Locked thread