Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

The Ape of Naples posted:

"Possibly barricaded with children..."

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I heard it over the scanner.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Uh, telling people to actually fight might put them on the hook for lawsuits if an innocent gets accidentally killed.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Philthy posted:

Uh, telling people to actually fight might put them on the hook for lawsuits if an innocent gets accidentally killed.

ya thats what i said, try and keep up sheesh

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i would use reverse psychology on them

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
am I allowed to walk out of there? I mean i like the variety in options for once but my hip is killing me (thats why i was in the hospital to begin with)

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

I heard it over the scanner.

I did too

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Philthy posted:

Run, Hide, and Fight is pretty standard workplace guidelines for dealing with a shooter. The more detailed version is above all else, run. If you don't have a way out, hide. If you're hiding and you think he's going to find you, get ready to hit him with something heavy when he comes through the door.

Yes we have enough shootings in the US that we have formulaic workplace instructions for dealing with them.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tender Bender posted:

Run, Hide, and Fight is pretty standard workplace guidelines for dealing with a shooter. The more detailed version is above all else, run. If you don't have a way out, hide. If you're hiding and you think he's going to find you, get ready to hit him with something heavy when he comes through the door.

Yes we have enough shootings in the US that we have formulaic workplace instructions for dealing with them.

ya but this is a hospital. they should just get in the hospital beds :rolleyes:

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
How much seamen are present?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar posted:

How much seamen are present?

this gives me an idea

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

dad gay. so what posted:

Run down to the morgue and chill out, mannnnnnn.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.
hey I live in golden hill, I guess I'll swing by in my lunch break and see what all the ruckus is about

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Solid Snake deals with a loving squad of soldiers right after coming out of a coma

These dudes can't fight a lone shooter? Cmon

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

January 27th - "We have to do more for our children, how did this man with a mental illness get a gun?"
January 28th - "loving OBONGO trying to steal our guns", Cruz - "I will defend the 2nd amendment"
January 29th - Gun sales spike, ammunition flies off the shelf
January 30th - "And on the lighter side, a dog escaped from the pound and ran a 5K and won a medal"

naem
May 29, 2011

Someone "should shoot him in the face" :smug:

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

935 posted:

January 27th - "We have to do more for our children, how did this man with a mental illness get a gun?"
January 28th - "loving OBONGO trying to steal our guns", Cruz - "I will defend the 2nd amendment"
January 29th - Gun sales spike, ammunition flies off the shelf
January 30th - "And on the lighter side, a dog escaped from the pound and ran a 5K and won a medal"

accurate, no matter what side youre on

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Tender Bender posted:

At my previous job we had this old cop come in and give us this lecture and he went off topic about hallway through and started pointing out common office objects that could be used as improvised weapons. "The temple is the softest part of the skull, so when you take a pen and..."

Half the office couldn't even walk up the stairs let alone ninja slay some dude with a gun.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

turns out it was a misunderstanding. he was actually a good guy with a gun so its ok

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i would use reverse psychology on them

Hey shooters! Don't try to suck my dick right now! I would REALLY hate that!

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

if only that guy who accidentally shot a lady with his crotch carried pistol (to protect from mass shooters) would have been in the hospital maybe someone else would have been shot

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

dad gay. so what posted:

or use medkits

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Hogge Wild posted:

or use medkits

PEEEEELS HERE

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Didn't Obama just finish crying about the last shooting?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Don Tacorleone posted:

he was crying, but with an erection.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

he was crying, but with an erection.

Dripping precum tears.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Don Tacorleone posted:

Yes and Marco Rubio made a joke about how often the president gives post-shooting speeches, to make a point against gun control.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm starting to think this is nothing.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

I'm starting to think this is nothing.

based on the reports that it was nothing, so am i

hvac noise

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
lol it was a false alarm. gayyyy.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
that was weird there how we had a few weeks without any of these.

anyway, back to normal.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
some fukken white dude saw a sikh dude in a turban and thought he was gonna shoot up de place

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tender Bender posted:

if the victims just bought a gun they wouldn't be having that much of an issue though

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ronwayne posted:

Half the office couldn't even walk up the stairs let alone ninja slay some dude with a gun.

until fight or flight kicks in and suddenly billy the middle aged and chubby accountant turns in to a loving baboon

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Mandator posted:

I hope everyone is OK and this was all just a misunderstanding.

it was, op

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Robo Reagan posted:

until fight or flight kicks in and suddenly billy the middle aged and chubby accountant turns in to a loving baboon

Token black accountant uses "Demon Form".
Good guy with a gun uses gun?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
yea except that rl isnt an rpg and people are loving scary when theyre full of adrenaline

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Robo Reagan posted:

yea except that rl isnt an rpg and people are loving scary when theyre full of adrenaline

let's not mess

you're scared of people even when they're not agitated, goon.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
They say Bill pissed his pants and then ripped the shooters head clean off. After that nothing could stop his rampage. The cops had to put him down :( .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

dad gay. so what posted:

advising people to "run, hide, or fight" is just going to make things worse in my opinion.

Uhh

What other options are there?

If you're not fighting back, running away, or hiding, the only other option I can see is "stand around in the open" or "carry on as normal".

Seems solid advice to me.

• Locked thread