Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

AlphaKretin posted:

Totally empty quoting.

In my experience they have the exact same information as the website in front of them, with the added bonus of being filtered through a retail worker who can miss or misinterpret "placeholder".

I wouldn't say I totally believe it, but it did make me snort that the counter girl tried to justify it as "It IS three games" because... I know, and I know they're three different games, I respect IntSys a helluva lot for that. And I know with AUS pricing that Each version of Fates is probably going to be $75 dollars. But the point of the special edition is to make me feel like I got a good deal, not drain almost a week of rent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Nanomashoes posted:

I remember that Ike is gay, though, a fact that really pisses off the author of said article.

thank you for reminding me of my eternal duty

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

MotU posted:

female robin cant marry anna, noire or severa

Anna, Noire and Severa are too cool for male Robin though?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Please explain yourself because this just seems wrong.

From the Awakening thread:

Zoran posted:

Since I'm already talking about this, I might as well explain why I prefer male Robin and female Morgan. It's true that female Robin gives you one extra Galeforce unit. However, she's never going to be special. Sure, she has all the classes, but class access only matters if you're going to finish in a given class or you need a skill from it. Like all female leads, Female Robin almost always wants to run LB/GF/Proc/Proc/Faire. The thing is there's a bevy of second-gen girls who can do that much better than she can: Sumia!Lucina, Chrom!Cynthia, Virion!Severa, Lon'qu!Severa, and Gaius!Kjelle or Gaius!Noire have clearly better stats and also have all the skills and finishing classes they could want.

What you get from female Robin is a mediocre female lead and the possibility of a super-powered son. The extra action per turn largely goes to waste because Apotheosis doesn't have high enemy density—on a full team, you probably won't even use all your available attacks every turn. Morgan can be a fast Galeboy, but the mechanics behind dual strikes mean that he only wants to take the lead once per turn.

For male Robin, on the other hand, having all the classes really matters. He doesn't personally care about speed because he's always in the back, so you can give him +4 Str/+2 Skl or +4 Mag without sacrificing the ability to double anyone. (+Spd can still be a good option for Morgan's sake, though!). He can pick any supporting class as needed, and—uniquely among males—he can have ALL of the accuracy skills along with high Strength. And if you go magical and marry Lucina, he can lead despite not having Galeforce because he comes with V/V built in.

Unlike her male counterpart, female Morgan has unique options beyond just making more math happen. It's possible for her to get Aether (in which case she makes more math happen than her brother anyway). Galeforce+Tomefaire Valkyrie is basically her personal class; the only other one is Henry!Cynthia, who doesn't have the +5 speed needed to really take advantage of it. And as the only lead unit who can have more than +6 speed and marry a Berserker, she can be a better physical lead than anyone else.

Male and female Morgan end up being roughly equal in terms of potential, but male Robin is special in a way that female Robin isn't.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yorkshire Tea posted:

This post has a lot to say but it forgets the most important fact: Male Robin is a loser.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Severa's face: Me when I use Male Robin.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
the fact that you are using this post to prove your point makes you the male robin

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Male Robin can't even grow a beard.
He is a loser.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Seagull posted:

the fact that you are using this post to prove your point makes you the male robin

That I'm much better at the game than everyone else?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Yorkshire Tea posted:

you're thinking of virion

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I missed the chance to empty quote this about Corrin but I use Male Robin because I am male. Also being dull is much more realistic for a goon self insert. :v:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Seagull posted:

you're thinking of virion

I'm confused, isn't he the completely useless archer who does precisely nothing for the entire game apart from get with Cordelia because she's so good even he can't screw Severa up.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I'm confused, isn't he the completely useless archer who does precisely nothing for the entire game apart from get with Cordelia because she's so good even he can't screw Severa up.

smh

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Virion is incredibly cool please don't be mean to him.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Virion marries Cherche cmon man keep up

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
i can't believe there are people out there who play awakening as a dating sim second

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Male Robin and Lucina's support conversation video has 237k views. Male Robin and Virion is at 3k. Female Robin, 20k.

Poor Virion.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Virion marries Cherche cmon man keep up

Vaike marries Cherche so Gerome can hit people with the +5 str Brave Axe of doom.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Male Robin and Virion's support convo is good. As are most of Virion's support convos.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Virion should have been in Fates instead of Gaius imo.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Virion should have been in Fates instead of Gaius imo.

virion should have gotten a sexy swimsuit dlc

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Virion should have been in Fates instead of Tharja imo.

Fixed. Then we can get a better female gay option.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I hope they put linoan in a dlc so she can marry someone that isn't mageknight404.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Yorkshire Tea posted:

No, he's the completed useless archer you try to make usable since his supports own.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Gains won the beach contest.

gently caress I just made the connection that the returners are the non-lord winners of that.

E:fb on first point kinda

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Nanomashoes posted:

I hope they put linoan in a dlc so she can marry someone that isn't mageknight404.

Well if she's a DLC unit then she'll probably only be able to marry the avatar so that'll technically be her only option again, sorta.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
i wish henry had won the contest as he should have

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

Gains won the beach contest.

gently caress I just made the connection that the returners are the non-lord winners of that.

E:fb on first point kinda

Yeah, same as the returning kids.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

Fixed. Then we can get a better female gay option.

Also true but from what I can tell Fates Tharja is not a bad mum and thus she is a pretty cool character.

On a similar note Maribelle should also replace one of the returning Awakening characters because she too is the best.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Justonegamr's Support videos are a great tool to measure character popularity by. Girl Robin and Chrom, 200k views. LQ, 73k. Gaius, 64k. Inigo, 50k. Gerome, 42k. Libra, 31k. Kellam, 15k.

Guy Robin and Lucina, 237k. Tharja, 180k. Tiki, 140k. Aversa, 130k. Cordelia, 110k. Anna, 100k. Nowi, 80k. Maribelle and Cherche, 70k. Noire and Sully, 32k. Miriel, 28k.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Terper posted:

Justonegamr's Support videos are a great tool to measure character popularity by. Girl Robin and Chrom, 200k views. LQ, 73k. Gaius, 64k. Inigo, 50k. Gerome, 42k. Libra, 31k. Kellam, 15k.

Guy Robin and Lucina, 237k. Tharja, 180k. Tiki, 140k. Aversa, 130k. Cordelia, 110k. Anna, 100k. Nowi, 80k. Maribelle and Cherche, 70k. Noire and Sully, 32k. Miriel, 28k.

gerome being popular is hosed up

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Terper posted:

:stare:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also true but from what I can tell Fates Tharja is not a bad mum and thus she is a pretty cool character.

On a similar note Maribelle should also replace one of the returning Awakening characters because she too is the best.

I now want them to replace Rhajat with Barimelle as the gay option now.

I would marry nobody else.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It's not really a surprise that YouTubers want to watch their self insert talk to A) a princess B) someone obsessed with them and C) titty ladies.

E: And D) kids??? :stonk:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nah, 49k.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gregor should be much higher up the polls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

I now want them to replace Rhajat with Barimelle as the gay option now.

I would marry nobody else.

A lazy anagram but hell, I agree.