Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

VBane posted:

Waller is not really dead. She is DC'S less moral Nick Fury. There is a way out of it. Doubt they have Life Model Decoys, but something.

Maybe some Super Science Bullshit. Hell, maybe Amanda Waller is like Ra's Al-Ghul, a name passed on and a new Waller will rise.

Of course the dream explanation is that no one has ever met the real Waller who's only associated with those below her through the that svelte decoy who she'd fed/observed everything through. Now the real Waller shows up. And she CCH Pounder.

This is preposterous fan BS, but I don't care. I WANT MY FAT WALLER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I heard about the not-Oracle codename before I watched this and thought it was gonna be kind of a lame cop-out, like, she's literally just Oracle but they're not calling her that for dumb franchise reasons...but the way they worked it in this episode was actually quite good. I can Digg the rationale that she's her own person and that this is her own journey.

The whole episode was, yeah, just firing on all cylinders.

Not sure about that preview though. This is maybe the third or fourth anti-Felicity we've gotten on this show.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jan 28, 2016

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Oracle's taken, huh? Amazing. I like when they do small stuff to remind us that Oliver's power is supposed to be wildly improbable aim. Like him shooting off Diggle's handcuffs with ease or when he made that wire for Black Canary to slide down way back when. Shame about Waller. I wish they didn't have to keep killing people off for the stupid movies. And they used codenames in the field for once! Calling Diggle Spartan sounded so natural! Speedy and Canary too! More of that, please.

Oh poo poo, they're linking the flashbacks. They're making them matter. I still don't care, but they can make it change.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I also liked Felicity answering her phone with 'Oliver', and him having to use his Arrow voice to remind her they're in the field.

Compared to last night's Flash where Patty confronted Joe at normal volume in the middle of the police bullpen.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Felicity's superhero patch revealed :v:

Really good episode. I'll never not love Death Felicity. It felt a little odd with it not being a Dahrk episode, but it turned out to be less of a filler ep than I expected.

X-O posted:

Well at least one of the CW DC shows is still a fun watch. Not counting iZombie of course which is way better than any of these other shows.

Real mad it's gone until the 2nd. I need my Liv Moore, dammit. :catstare:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He did say they get 2 weeks.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I thought he says "a few weeks "

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

greatn posted:

I thought he says "a few weeks "

I thought he said "I acquit."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SonicRulez posted:

Oh poo poo, they're linking the flashbacks. They're making them matter. I still don't care, but they can make it change.

I want Diggle to end up on the island and interacting with Oliver, even though they only met for the first time in continuity when his parents hired him as a bodyguard.

And no one says anything about it, the flashbacks just continue to interact with each other.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Axel Serenity posted:

Felicity's superhero patch revealed :v:

Really good episode. I'll never not love Death Felicity. It felt a little odd with it not being a Dahrk episode, but it turned out to be less of a filler ep than I expected.

Real mad it's gone until the 2nd. I need my Liv Moore, dammit. :catstare:

wait isnt that like the same logo for the new Blizzard game, also called Overwatch?

Yep, that is the logo for the new blizzard game and I am dumb.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

wait isnt that like the same logo for the new Blizzard game, also called Overwatch?

Yep, that is the logo for the new blizzard game and I am dumb.

I believe that is the joke because Oliver is calling her Overwatch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"The old me would have snapped his neck. We've both grown."

Way to grim up that touching moment Ollie.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Gotta say, the diesel-jerry can/claymore bomb improvisation kind of had me wincing a little. I guess it makes for a napalm alternative?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
THE GOATEE COMETH to Legends of Tomorrow

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yessssssssss

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That was a really good episode and the Oracle joke was probably the perfect way to handle all the online chatter about Felicity in a wheelchair.

I am waiting for a flashback to show goth Felicity hacking into a computer network and crashing a plane on Lian Yu since everyone is connected to that place somehow.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How am I, the viewer, expected to believe that Diggle's scenes in Afghanistan were supposed to be flashbacks if he wasn't wearing a ridiculous blonde wig?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Detective No. 27 posted:

How am I, the viewer, expected to believe that Diggle's scenes in Afghanistan were supposed to be flashbacks if he wasn't wearing a ridiculous blonde wig?

The wig is keyed to Amell DNA, which is why it was dyed and used for hobo Firestorm.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Gothlicity is a real bitch.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I am waiting for a flashback to show goth Felicity hacking into a computer network and crashing a plane on Lian Yu since everyone is connected to that place somehow.

Felicity crashes Deathstroke's plane on Lian Yu leading to Oliver meeting his initial team. This keeps him from finding the hidden resort on the other side of the island where his sister and Tommy are staying thanks to the money of Malcom Merlyn, who is on the phone with Oliver's mom to tell them everyone's okay. Unfortunately it's still considered American soil through a technicality and when Speedy is busted for possessing E Laruel Lance is required to fly out and present a spirited defense. Meanwhile, Diggle is keeping track of Kobra for Argus. The mercenary is meeting with Damien Dahrk while all this is going on, who is on the run from Ra's Al Ghul and has hired Constantine through a shadow proxy to find a Lazarus Pit on the island. This is interrupted by the Reverse Flash and Barry speeding backwards through time and across the entire island, punching each other at superspeed along the way. The resulting sonic boom attracts the attention of burgeoning scientists Caitlyn Snow and Cisco Ramone, who consult with Dr. Harrison Wells about the possible causes of such an unexpected event and, during a consult with Professor Martin Stein, an offhanded remark inspires his creation of the Firestorm Matrix.

Then Supergirl shows up because gently caress you, she does.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
I enjoyed this episode, except for the part where they reminded me that Laurel is a DA because she is absolutely awful at it and only has the position because of blackmail.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

losonti tokash posted:

I enjoyed this episode, except for the part where they reminded me that Laurel is a DA because she is absolutely awful at it and only has the position because of blackmail.

She may have gotten hired through blackmail, but I think the real reason she is the DA is no sane person wants to be a public official in Star City. At least a dozen get assassinated each year.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I dont know posted:

She may have gotten hired through blackmail, but I think the real reason she is the DA is no sane person wants to be a public official in Star City. At least a dozen get assassinated each year.

Yes, we know for a fact Oliver's qualifications for mayor are "can give speeches in public without being murdered" so Laurel's ability to flash a badge and not end up at the bottom of a river basically gives her the office for life.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

losonti tokash posted:

And didn't she originally get fired because she's a huge drunk?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

muscles like this? posted:

And didn't she originally get fired because she's a huge drunk?

I don't know what you're talking about

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Didn't they do a "Diggle's corrupt CO from Afghanistan returns as a villain" episode a year or two ago already?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I was perfectly fine with the Overwatch code name until I found out it's the name of Marc Guggenheim's novel that was released last year...

...yeah.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Didn't they do a "Diggle's corrupt CO from Afghanistan returns as a villain" episode a year or two ago already?

Yeah something like that, except I don't think he was his CO but a former comrade. The guy was played by the Farscape/Stargate guy Ben Bowder(Sp?).

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

fingers crossed for the hat

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I dont know posted:

She was a DA first, and got her job back through blackmail.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The head DA assigned Laurel to prosecute her ex boyfriend's mom with whom she spent tons of time at their house growing up, for her part in a plan executed by her other dead boyfriend's dad. So Laurel has a ways to go to match that level of incompetence.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I'm glad that Amanda Waller is dead because she was one of the worst characters on the entire show. It makes no goddamn sense that one of the most powerful military organizations in the world is controlled by a person in her late 20s/early 30s that looks like a supermodel. It makes even less sense in the flashback scenes where her character was presumably in her mid 20s.

Someone earlier in this thread theorized that the "Amanda Waller" that was killed was some sort of puppet and that the REAL Amanda Waller was behind the scenes the entire time, I really hope that's true.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

bbf2 posted:

I'm glad that Amanda Waller is dead because she was one of the worst characters on the entire show. It makes no goddamn sense that one of the most powerful military organizations in the world is controlled by a person in her late 20s/early 30s that looks like a supermodel. It makes even less sense in the flashback scenes where her character was presumably in her mid 20s.

Someone earlier in this thread theorized that the "Amanda Waller" that was killed was some sort of puppet and that the REAL Amanda Waller was behind the scenes the entire time, I really hope that's true.

Played by CCH Pounder I hope.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hughlander posted:

Played by CCH Pounder I hope.

Too bad Lynne Thigpen isn't still around, she would've been a contender.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

bbf2 posted:

Yeah that occurred to me too - it'd be cheesy but who cares, if it gives us a good Waller let's loving do it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's more difficult to become the leader of Argus as a young supermodel than a middle aged fat lady.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
She can still appear in flashbacks

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe they will transfer her brain patterns into the body of her mother or something.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Amanda Waller is a codename, DUH. Just like James Bond :v:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
She's been a robot the entire time. Amanda WALL-er

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Person of Weight on the CW? Keep dreaming.

• Locked thread