Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

kalonZombie posted:

25 minutes worth of footage condensed down into this. I hate this game. I hate it so much.

Episode 6: Jump

I also went through the thread and added an LP or two that I had missed to the OP. If you're still reading this thread and I've missed it, let me know and I'll fix that!

OK so things that happened in that episode you didn't see.

• Myself spawning with no Tricorder or Phaser. Thankfully I was able to pick up guns so I wasn't completely useless.
  • We bumbled around for ten minutes trying to find a way to extend the bridge after Kalon decided the jump was impossible and I believed him.
  • The only reason said bumbling came to an end is I tried to commit suicide by jumping off the bridge and actually made it.
  • Our completely shocked reactions to my first time making that jump.
  • Having to sit through a 30 second unskippable cutscene every time one of us missed the jump.
  • Our growing frustration and anger after watching Kirk and Spock just fall off without even attempting to jump.
  • Seriously, gently caress that jump.
  • The general glitchiness and clipping issues that you've come to expect.

So kind of a short episode, but the next episode will more than makeup for it, with bonus special guests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Ah, jumps of doom, the best level feature in a life-less game.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
Jesus this game

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
You were right, that was incredible. At a guess, mechanically, the jumping might be trying to sync up with your walking cycle in order to create smoother, more 'cinematic' animations, at the cost of giving you completely unplayable bullshit controls where pressing jump only works immediately on certain frames of your running animation. Add to that everything else being wrong with this game and, from the looks of it, poo poo loving sucks.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Shady Amish Terror posted:

You were right, that was incredible. At a guess, mechanically, the jumping might be trying to sync up with your walking cycle in order to create smoother, more 'cinematic' animations, at the cost of giving you completely unplayable bullshit controls where pressing jump only works immediately on certain frames of your running animation. Add to that everything else being wrong with this game and, from the looks of it, poo poo loving sucks.

See what gets me is the times where we slammed into the ledge and just flopped.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

See what gets me is the times where we slammed into the ledge and just flopped.

Well, yeah, but unreliable ledge grabs are far from unique to this game. The jumping frequently just failing to happen in the first place was a little more special. Or, for that matter, the times where a running start led to a half-length little hop, which was also hilarious.

As a whole, it's a bad combo, no doubt.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Widely regarded as one of the worst Batman games of all time, Batman: Dark Tomorrow came out in 2003 for the Gamecube and the Xbox. For some reason, the PS2 was spared this black mark of a game. It's about a shadowy figure who totally isn't Ras Al Ghul guys c'mon trying to destroy Gotham by... some... way. Gang warfare or something? I honestly couldn't give less of a poo poo.

The game looks like poo poo. Keep in mind this was made in 2003. This is the same year Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando was released. It controls like rear end, somehow simultaneously having tank controls but not? Directions on where to go are unclear, requiring a walkthrough. You get a fixed camera that changes with no warning at all, causing you to run in all sorts of weird directions. This game is garbage trash.

I originally planned on not having this be an LP at all, and just stream it. However since the game is also short as poo poo, I ended up almost beating it in one sitting, and would have if I had only had another 30-45 minutes or so. As a result, I'm making this an impromptu LP and will probably get to beating it in not too long from now.

Episode 1: Swing Batta Batta Batta Batta Swing!
Episode 2: Resetti [FILLER]
Episode 3: You're Under Bat-Arrest
Episode 4: WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?! *FART NOISE*
Episode 5: A Baseball Bat and a 2X4
Episode 6: Mandatory Sewer Level
Episode 7: Yes, This Episode Is Seriously One Room [FILLER]
Episode 8: Killer Croc of poo poo
Episode 9: Backtracking [MOSTLY FILLER]
Episode 10: Uncle
Episode 11: That isn't Schwarzenegger at all!
Episode 12: Bat Glider
Episode 13: I Want The Good Ending, For Some Reason
Episode 14: I Never Have To Play This Again! Hooray!

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 8, 2016

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I apologise.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

kalonZombie I have to say that I love that you use The Gonk during the dumb scenes in Star Trek. It's really the perfect song for just really silly stupid moments.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 26, 2016

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
It's one of the staple songs I keep in the top level of my LP folder (or if I don't, I should), along with the overused but still handy Yakety Sax and Spanish Flea. Breakfast Machine is also a really good one to have available.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Whoops this game from 2003 doesn't have autosave whoops.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I can only assume you're using images from the best Batman depiction to increase contrast with the game.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

ZeeToo posted:

I can only assume you're using images from the best Batman depiction to increase contrast with the game.

It doesn't deserve the respect of a good modern Batman, so I gave it the hokiest Batman ever.

Speaking of which, I'll be streaming the last of the game in about an hour if anyone is interested. https://www.hitbox.tv/kalonzombie

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

kalonZombie posted:

Whoops this game from 2003 doesn't have autosave whoops.

Hrm.

So, the level design just consists of hallways and alleys packed densely with garbage?

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Cathode Raymond posted:

Hrm.

So, the level design just consists of hallways and alleys packed densely with garbage?

Oh no no no.

It's much worse than that.

Eventually we bust out a walkthrough and never stop referring to it.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy
It's quite an interesting experience to blindly guide someone through a series of environments with no landmarks. Also the guide is awful and it is literally the only one that exists.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Hey, actual progress!

Episode 3: You're Under Bat-Arrest

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
And you're sure this is a Gamecube game?

The reason I ask is that when I was sixteen I took a poo poo in an empty n64 cartridge just to see what would happen. When I tried to play it, it looked almost exactly like this.

Also, please continue playing until you reach at least this point:

Shoddy Gamefaqs Guide posted:

Batman decapitates Scarface (not graphic), getting him out of the
way.

I want to see if the guide is referring to a somehow censored decapitation scene or if the game literally lacks the graphics to depict a decapitation at all.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Cathode Raymond posted:

Also, please continue playing until you reach at least this point:

Well considering I beat the game last night, okay. Will do.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Cathode Raymond posted:

I want to see if the guide is referring to a somehow censored decapitation scene or if the game literally lacks the graphics to depict a decapitation at all.

I'm pretty sure Scarface is a puppet.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

I'm pretty sure Scarface is a puppet.

Yes, Scarface is a puppet, Ventriloquist is the guy holding him. Scarface may or may not be haunted by the souls of Arkham inmates who were hung on the tree he was made out of.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Technowolf posted:

Yes, Scarface is a puppet, Ventriloquist is the guy holding him. Scarface may or may not be haunted by the souls of Arkham inmates who were hung on the tree he was made out of.

Ohhhhhhhh.

The guide made no mention of this, but now I'm remembering a Batman: The Animated Series episode about a puppet crime boss, which was very good, much better than that gamefaqs guide.

That's just my opinion though.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I accidentally put on my best AVGN impression on this episode.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

kalonZombie posted:

I accidentally put on my best AVGN impression on this episode.

My favorite part is at about 7:20 when you were about to beat Black Mask, and he decides to just run offscreen where you cannot possibly keep track of him due to the uncooperative camera angle and he shoots you in the back. The AI really knows how to exploit Batman's main weakness, lovely Resident Evil camerawork.

I think of all the games in this thread, this one is probably the worst, since it fails the hardest at being what it's trying to be.

Anatomically speaking, what exactly is going on with that stealth takedown? It looks like Hollywood CPR done lazily from behind, or maybe a half-hearted Heimlich maneuver.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's punching them so hard in the chest their ribs are crushed into their heart and lungs and they have a heart attack. Then he just cuffs them and leaves them to die.

It's the beginning of the behaviour he shows in the Arkham games.

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.
If you don't wanna do the Bat-Time don't do the Bat-Crime (the crime is playing this awful game).

Dander My DOSDruid
Dec 29, 2013

by Cowcaster
Fun Shoe
If I could be bothered downloading Origin and Battlefield 3/Dragon Age 2, they would fit into this thread perfectly as some of the worst games of this decade.

Great thread so far, does Pound the Ground's general look like a reject psychonauts character to anyone else?

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

THE LESBIATHAN posted:

If you don't wanna do the Bat-Time don't do the Bat-Crime (the crime is playing this awful game).

I can't wait for all of those thugs to go free because citizen's arrests are illegal in Gotham.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Do NOT miss this Star Trek update. Even if you've been ignoring the LP up until now. This is absolutely required viewing for this thread.

Episode 7: Fock

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

kalonZombie posted:

Do NOT miss this Star Trek update. Even if you've been ignoring the LP up until now. This is absolutely required viewing for this thread.

Up next...

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

kalonZombie posted:

Sorry, dude I only made it 3 min in. Drunk whomever's constant laughing exasperated my headache. Good luck on the next video.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Major_JF posted:

Drunk whomever's constant laughing exasperated my headache.
I think that's what made YT queue up cat mating.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
why is drunk Shmorky on your video?

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.

JFairfax posted:

why is drunk Shmorky on your video?

Hi I am not Shmorky but I was drunk. To answer your question its because Kalon asked me to be. I hope you are now informed and, therefore, happy with life.

edit: I realized that I did not answer your question in full. I was in the video because Kalon lost the audio and Ape was very mad. So that is the story of how I was in this video, thank you.

THE LESBIATHAN fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 31, 2016

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

thank you, kale in

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Major_JF posted:

Sorry, dude I only made it 3 min in. Drunk whomever's constant laughing exasperated my headache. Good luck on the next video.

Yeah, the drunk commentary was a bit much.

Has this been posted yet? Because I'm posting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwhAq3F8NCE

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Wanamingo posted:

Yeah, the drunk commentary was a bit much.
Fock was great.

Everything else was garbo.

In my viewers experience, drunk commentators are best done when they're slightly tipsy so they can still have crazy reactions/say things but are not commentating by the seat of their pants the rest of the time.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
"Of all the AIs I have played with...

"His was the most...

"...

"Apelike."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010