Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Who is actually on the writing team? What reason do they have to be entitled, lol

Aren't they all like failed soap opera writers and reality tv scripters and stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

HerraS posted:

lol at the loving lovely wwe writing team that sucks dicks being pissy babbies because the loving Rock didn't want to abide by their lovely script

Oh, it'll get worse. Just wait until they get fired and start podcasts complaining about Vince and bragging about all their sick burns on Twitter.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

HerraS posted:

lol at the loving lovely wwe writing team that sucks dicks being pissy babbies because the loving Rock didn't want to abide by their lovely script

i hope this is in every raw OP from now until the end of time

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Under the vegetable posted:

Who is actually on the writing team? What reason do they have to be entitled, lol

Aren't they all like failed soap opera writers and reality tv scripters and stuff?

https://twitter.com/JimmyJacobsX/status/654794192263057409

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
He's new, though, and just one guy. I probably should have said "Aside from Jimmy Jacobs" because he's the only one I know about, haha.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

He's new, though, and just one guy. I probably should have said "Aside from Jimmy Jacobs" because he's the only one I know about, haha.

I just like that tweet :haw:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Austin is super charismatic and we saw how bad his last appearance was where he was super scripted so I stand with the rock

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Writer Cath posted:

I just like that tweet :haw:

I love that lil' scamp.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They hate those cosplay people and the last time they were on the side facing the hard cam, they gave them all shirts and made them take the costumes off.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Or maybe a guy showing up once in a while and going way over time in his segment on your scripted live tv show without consequence is a reasonable thing to be frustrated about?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I'm sure it's the writers who are mad at the Rock and not the crazy man who will blame everything on them

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

DannoMack posted:

Or maybe a guy showing up once in a while and going way over time in his segment on your scripted live tv show without consequence is a reasonable thing to be frustrated about?

It's not though.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

sportsgenius86 posted:

They hate those cosplay people and the last time they were on the side facing the hard cam, they gave them all shirts and made them take the costumes off.

I'm going to guess they're pissed off because the Rock rewarded them with attention when in the WWE's mindset they were just distracting the audience from the show.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triple h and the rock have never liked each other

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

lmao Vince and Dunn didn't want the cosplayers on TV and Rock decided he did. Rock even said "Nightmare for Vince" but still two dozen goons say HEY HOW ABOUT THOSE "WRITERS" OR WHATEVER SHOVE IT UP THEIR BUTT SO THEY CAN BLOW IT OUT THEIR rear end FUCKIN FIRED-FROM-DAWSON'S-CREEK-rear end-JABRONIS!!!! ROCK-Y ROCK-Y ROCK-Y

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Calm down

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I agree that's what they should do

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Lady Naga posted:

It's not though.

Maybe not in Donald Trump's America.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Remember, this is the company that got mad at Dusty Rhodes for going off script.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DannoMack posted:

Yeah poo poo, they probably had to cancel this week's Breeze vs. Ziggler match, what the gently caress Rocky?

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

oldpainless posted:

Austin is super charismatic and we saw how bad his last appearance was where he was super scripted so I stand with the rock

When was this, Mania 30?

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

DannoMack posted:

It was that episode's best segment though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yeah, maybe the best part is there's absolutely nothing they can do to him. With the amount of money The Rock has, any appearances at this point are basically a favor to WWE and the fans.

rock owns and this should happen all the time

DannoMack posted:

i'm more frustrated that what's actually scripted is liquid poo poo actually

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

magnum_valentino posted:

When was this, Mania 30?

nah it's when he came to hype the lesnar/undertaker hell in a cell

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The Rock segment was awful plodding riffing salvaged by the other talent til he got to gorilla and started talking to the camera and it got good all of a sudden

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Basic Chunnel posted:

The Rock segment was awful plodding riffing salvaged by the other talent til he got to gorilla and started talking to the camera and it got good all of a sudden

He made the Big Show snap a laptop in half with his bare hands.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

That was definitely a part of the segment salvaged by other talent, yes

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It's pretty shocking how much better an NWA / JCP promo is than just about any silent witness camera segment

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Basic Chunnel posted:

It's pretty shocking how much better an NWA / JCP promo is than just about any silent witness camera segment

This also reminds me of the horrific WCW angle where Flair was beaten up in a field by the NWO with a helicopter watching (not to mention the limo scene prior). I remember reading a post on another board saying that the thing would've worked a million times better if it was shot on camcorder by somebody like Bagwell and they barged into the production truck demanding that the tape be played.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

XYZ posted:

It was that episode's best segment though.

bradzilla posted:

Yeah poo poo, they probably had to cancel this week's Breeze vs. Ziggler match, what the gently caress Rocky?

MinibarMatchman posted:

rock owns and this should happen all the time

i'm more frustrated that what's actually scripted is liquid poo poo actually

So what you're all saying is that it's a meritocracy? And that this is the way to Make WWE Great Again?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

DannoMack posted:

Considering how misogynistic the portion with Lana was maybe the Rock should stay on script. Either that or his PR people are going to have to tell him no more appearances if he can't stop from going back into "Rock" mode.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I thought the Lana thing was funny but I'm a huge Rock mark so eh

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Considering how misogynistic the portion with Lana was maybe the Rock should stay on script. Either that or his PR people are going to have to tell him no more appearances if he can't stop from going back into "Rock" mode.

The Lana part was absolutely a part of the script, they put that poo poo on youtube

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Mob posted:

lmao Vince and Dunn didn't want the cosplayers on TV and Rock decided he did. Rock even said "Nightmare for Vince" but still two dozen goons say HEY HOW ABOUT THOSE "WRITERS" OR WHATEVER SHOVE IT UP THEIR BUTT SO THEY CAN BLOW IT OUT THEIR rear end FUCKIN FIRED-FROM-DAWSON'S-CREEK-rear end-JABRONIS!!!! ROCK-Y ROCK-Y ROCK-Y
They tried so hard to not cut to those guys but after Rock was basically off camera and standing by them, they had no choice. It's pretty great.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

Mob posted:

weird how he apparently managed to mention Dunn in that sentence

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mob posted:

lol your blood pressure must be a nightmare to manage

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mr. Carlisle posted:

lol your blood pressure must be a nightmare to manage

It's Mob, it's just his gimmick. I think he's actually a really relaxed guy who just likes yelling on the internet.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

My old man brain can't keep track of all of these gimmicks

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

My old man brain can't keep track of all of these gimmicks

You've lost track of your own, brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Seeing a picture of Mick Foley in a wheelchair at Disneyland makes me really sad despite how happy he looks. :smith:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBOh461JExI