Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

what is this emoticon. is the man holding a dragonball?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I believe it's Panther from Eyeshield 21

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

my friend agreed to watch jojo if i watch berzerk and i think i got the short end of the stick here

Berserk is good but you should read the manga instead imo.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

i'm from houston, can confirm

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Now I'm sad that NASA's HQ doesn't have the remains of the shuttle program built into it, that would be a pretty impressive-looking building.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It looks like several Vita games got cancelled or delayed besides Rail Wars.

Energy Hook cancelled
Never Alone cancelled
Not a Hero cancelled
Civilization Revolution 2 is now "2016"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

drat. Just so long as Severed, Iconoclasts, and Hyper Light Drifter are still on track.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did anything ever happen with those rumours of a Vita XCOM because I'm in the mood for that kind of game + sad that I can't play the sequel because I don't have a gaming PC

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Help Im Alive posted:

Did anything ever happen with those rumours of a Vita XCOM because I'm in the mood for that kind of game + sad that I can't play the sequel because I don't have a gaming PC

Don't bet on it appearing on Vita.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Ruggington posted:

I believe it's Panther from Eyeshield 21

Panther was never so full of himself to spike the ball like that.

Really Pants posted:

drat. Just so long as Severed, Iconoclasts, and Hyper Light Drifter are still on track.

I really hope that Hyper Light Drifter is getting a Vita release. The game looks great, and playing the Beta on PC convinced me that it'd be perfect for the Vita.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Slow day:

New trailer for Atelier Shallie Plus holy poo poo these games keep coming out.

New character screenshots for One PIece: Burning Blood

Aventures of Mana gets a global release on February 4th. Looks pretty good! Here's a Trailer for it if you haven't seen it before. Very psyched for that one but I was a sucker for the Mana series back in the day.

New update for a game we'll never get
(Yes it's PSO2)[

New footage and trailer for Summon NIghts 6

Land of No Nights is apparently now called Nights of Azure and will be localized in March? Do any of you know if that's still only for the PS4 version or are we still getting a Vita release?

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Feb 1, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Iconoclasts is still in development? I remember playing a prototype of that years ago and figured it had died quietly.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Why won't they stop making Mana games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope the controls on the phone version aren't horrible......

:smith:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Schrodingers cat posted:

Slow day:

New trailer for Atelier Shallie Plus holy poo poo these games keep coming out.

Land of No Nights is apparently now called Nights of Azure and will be localized in March? Do any of you know if that's still only for the PS4 version or are we still getting a Vita release?

Atelier Shallie is a fun game. The Vita version is actually going to have a better ending.

Nights of Azure is PS4 only and they said it would be reconsidered after the 2015 fiscal year comes to a close in April. Even then they weren't too impressed with the performance of the Vita version which is why they opted for PS4 only. The PS3 version also isn't coming out, and there's a higher install base on that system.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Sakurazuka posted:

I hope the controls on the phone version aren't horrible......

:smith:

Looks like you'll be getting the normal virtual joystick and gigantic touch buttons. I just wonder if the design-for-phone thing will have negative implications for the other platforms. (Touch-only vita controls ... ugh.)

Dehry posted:

Nights of Azure is PS4 only and they said it would be reconsidered after the 2015 fiscal year comes to a close in April. Even then they weren't too impressed with the performance of the Vita version which is why they opted for PS4 only. The PS3 version also isn't coming out, and there's a higher install base on that system.
Yeah, they did the best they could, but with the way the average Vita user will rip them a new one for the tradeoffs made, there's no point in spending money on that.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
A shame about No Nights/Azure. Thanks for the responses though!

I really hope Mana uses the physical control and not touch control for Vita O_O

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It will use the buttons but it will still be a bad phone game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Really Pants posted:

risk of rain is all i need

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Another Uppers video

https://youtu.be/7YsNFuZj2cY

Nope, not interesting to me. Slow and characters look uninspired. Graphics are real pretty but eh.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Game looks awesome

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Another Uppers video

https://youtu.be/7YsNFuZj2cY

Nope, not interesting to me. Slow and characters look uninspired. Graphics are real pretty but eh.

You're real pretty, merry x-mas.

:iceburn:

It does look very slow for an action beat em up or whatever that genre is. Rest looks pretty interesting though.

Also Digimon comes out tomorrow :swoon:

VVV: Guess what's missing from that franchise? :getin:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Were you not fully advocating this game? What happened? Why do you do this?

e:

Schrodingers cat posted:

It does look very slow for an action beat em up or whatever that genre is. Rest looks pretty interesting though.

VVV: Guess what's missing from that franchise? :getin:

I think "speed" tends to be a little overvalued in some beat-em-ups, depending on the situation. It *looks* like everyone packs a heavy punch, which would make the slower nature make sense.

Also, right. I should've known.

Takoluka fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 1, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

Were you not fully advocating this game? What happened? Why do you do this?

Nope, I just said that if Dai is in, I'll buy it no questions asked but only for her. The game itself doesn't interest me.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If DT won't speak up then I will

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It looks like Yakuza combat only with more numbers popping out of people's heads.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

I think "speed" tends to be a little overvalued in some beat-em-ups, depending on the situation. It *looks* like everyone packs a heavy punch, which would make the slower nature make sense.

Also, right. I should've known.

You know, that's a good point - I mostly tend to play fast characters in games like BEU or Musou so I'm a bit biased. The game still looks pretty fun by all means in spite of the slower style.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The speed looks fine yeah. It helps that it seems you can close distance pretty quickly even with enemies you vault away so it looks good to me.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Baal posted:

If DT won't speak up then I will

One of the many Vita thread heroes. :salute: (I don't know if that's a smiley.)

Schrodingers cat posted:

You know, that's a good point - I mostly tend to play fast characters in games like BEU or Musou so I'm a bit biased. The game still looks pretty fun by all means in spite of the slower style.

I'm with you on that. I'm big into Musou and got plenty out of SK and Onechanbara. That said, I also really appreciate some Streets of Rage 2 and the crunch of Axel's flame fists.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

best of luck to everyone buying the bad game just to spite Dark_Tzitzimine

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Baal posted:

The speed looks fine yeah.

:same:

Game looks pretty good, I hope it gets released here.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

lets hang out posted:

Did you think people are buying the game because they think it looks cool

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

lets hang out posted:

Being Canadian, I would not waste 40$ USD on a game just to spite someone.

You misinterpret disagreeing with someone as spiteful actions and that's a shame because your user name is so welcoming.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Baal posted:

Did you think people are buying the game because they think it looks cool

I am.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm not buying it because it'll probably be mediocre + the boob stuff in it is dumb

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm not buying it because it'll probably be mediocre + the boob stuff in it is dumb

There's boob stuff in it? I just saw a bunch of dudes punching each other.

Edit: VV Oh.... well now... :(

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Schrodingers cat posted:

There's boob stuff in it? I just saw a bunch of dudes punching each other.

You can grope the women cheering you on for a power boost or w/e

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Help Im Alive posted:

You can grope the women cheering you on for a power boost or w/e

If you get good enough, you can represent women's personal space AND beat up street dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

uppers looks good