Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
GIMME ALL YOUR MONEY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Bubbles was a good character he loved kitties and his shopping cart business and I liked it when he would punk on Randy and talk about his big ol belly

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
this is pretty lame for a megathread. tbh not even sure it qualifies for kilothread status. maybe hectothread?

yeah. nostalgia critic kectkothread

IT STINKS

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
The gently caress is this human being nonsense?

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

BottledBodhisvata posted:

The gently caress is this human being nonsense?

the midwest

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bump

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Oh hells yes.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Update: Nostalgia Critic still sucks.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i am embarassed to admit that I used to watch his videos for a period of time. they were pretty bad, and he does this lame thing where he comes up with a terrible joke in a review, and then calls back to that joke for like his next 3-4 reviews, to the point where all his reviews are are a few comments about the movie and then a bunch of callbacks to bad jokes from previous reviews.

hes also goony as gently caress, and a savant of the NES game Yoshi. In one of the angry video game nerd videos where angry video game nerd is not in character nostalgia critic spergs plays against him and motherfucker mike, and doesn't follow the rule where he has to call Yoshi when he wins, and they try to tell him that he lost for not following the rules and he gets mad triggered.

dude sux

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bump

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

haha good.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

who watches poo poo like this man. i would like to meet them n see what they are like

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Vorik posted:

who watches poo poo like this man. i would like to meet them n see what they are like

he used to be kinda funny 6 or 7 years ago, (jesus he has been around that long) eventualy he just stopped being funny and tried to make a "real project" like a online sitcom. but then it was utter poo poo. so he was force back to doing this poo poo til the day he dies. anyway i just grew out of him before he quit the first time. i mostly listen to weird podcasts now.

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014
i think it is a rite of passage to grow out of ascerbic nerd review shows.

hint some people never do this and remain children well into adulthood.
i mean if you enjoy this stuff without giving a poo poo who cares.

but there are people who consider themselves fans of this dude and other TGWTG* people
*that means that guy with the glasses and it is as marketable a name as it sounds, and it sounds like gently caress you. it's not even a guy, it's a website. i have been lied to

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I thought he was fine when he was summarizing bad movies that I didn't want to put the effort into watching. Then he stopped doing that and I stopped paying attention.

Also I prefer James Rolfe when he's talking about movies because the AVGN persona starts to get old after 15 minutes. I also prefer Mike stay behind the scenes.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Velkest posted:

i think it is a rite of passage to grow out of ascerbic nerd review shows.

hint some people never do this and remain children well into adulthood.
i mean if you enjoy this stuff without giving a poo poo who cares.

but there are people who consider themselves fans of this dude and other TGWTG* people
*that means that guy with the glasses and it is as marketable a name as it sounds, and it sounds like gently caress you. it's not even a guy, it's a website. i have been lied to

yeah. there are good stuff that makes fun of bad movies, We hate movies podcast for example.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Vorik posted:

I'm right here. I think nostalgia critic is hilarious. Both classic and modern.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvMCeGLzTWE&t=264s

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

hmmm classic is better because it feels like he gave less of his life to worthlessness imo.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bump

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

your username is fitting then

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Hmmmm. You've bumped your thread five times. It supposedly is a megathread, yet has been active for over 3 months and has yet to fill two pages. I'm not going to close the thread. I'm not going to gas it. I'm going to give you a choice. Here are your options:

1. Let this thread die a natural death, not posting in it again. DO NOT BUMP THIS THREAD.
2. If you choose to post again in this thread, you may, BUY ONLY if you are quoting and responding to another goon, who has posted since your last posting. Let me clarify. If you post something that is not a response to another goon, you have broken this rule. This includes "Bump" posts. I will be the final arbiter as to whether your "response" to another goon is an adequate response, and not a desperate effort to get around these rules.

If you choose to break either of the above rules, I will issue you a mod challenge.
If you feel you cannot handle this situation, you may inform me now, and I will gas this thread and probate you for 3 days.
If you feel you can handle it if your thread just dies, then, by all means continue.
If this is all too much for you, close your thread and move on with your life

Have an iced ay!

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

he looks about 45.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Rambling Robot posted:

he looks about 45.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

I didn't know they did portraits at the 15 year reunions.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

when i grow up i want to be a professional doug walker

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

genesplicer posted:

Hmmmm. You've bumped your thread five times. It supposedly is a megathread, yet has been active for over 3 months and has yet to fill two pages. I'm not going to close the thread. I'm not going to gas it. I'm going to give you a choice. Here are your options:

1. Let this thread die a natural death, not posting in it again. DO NOT BUMP THIS THREAD.
2. If you choose to post again in this thread, you may, BUY ONLY if you are quoting and responding to another goon, who has posted since your last posting. Let me clarify. If you post something that is not a response to another goon, you have broken this rule. This includes "Bump" posts. I will be the final arbiter as to whether your "response" to another goon is an adequate response, and not a desperate effort to get around these rules.

If you choose to break either of the above rules, I will issue you a mod challenge.
If you feel you cannot handle this situation, you may inform me now, and I will gas this thread and probate you for 3 days.
If you feel you can handle it if your thread just dies, then, by all means continue.
If this is all too much for you, close your thread and move on with your life

Have an iced ay!
:what:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

excited to talk about this critic i've heard a lot about

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I used to like critic and then spoony went crazy and thats my story

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bump.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

haha so i reviewed the video posting int he original post and it's pretty good a 7/10 i like the allusion that chuck norris is some kind of insurmountable force an interesting take not something i would've pitched but the world is a beautiful place because everyone has these different ideas it's like god sprinkling the chinese all spice over all the people brains each grain a funny thought a quirky reminder that life is short and someday we all die

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

i don't loving like him. i find him smarmy, annoying and full of random purple monkey cheese. i hope he cries when he reads this because I KNOW he's agoon (perhaps op?)

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bump

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bump

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sorry, double post. Forgive me

Estranged On The Range
Oct 18, 2015
It's funny cause he make fun of lovely movies, but then he went out and made even shittier movies (if you can even call them that)

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
His videos where he plays games with AVGN are pretty bad. Like AVGN is pretty chill and poo poo but you can tell NC is trying really hard to contain his weird. I don't like them.

I guess he got a video struck from YouTube because it's been recommending some video of his where he complains about YT but gently caress me if I'm going to watch it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I remember when he made a movie where they dressed up as knights and it was super awkward and you could tell everybody was a boiling cauldron of personality disorders waiting to erupt.

So basically gbs but a video

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Bump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
sweet sassy molassy!

• Locked thread