Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

The Rage posted:

That was awful and it makes me want to stop playing video games before I have children.

its ... it too late for us to stop. but God willing we can prevent them from ever starting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

extra stout posted:

i dont hate it because i dont go to a thing i liked when i was 10 anymore or think about it, but to say there is no reason to make fun of it is really stupid

-they have entire conventions where you wait in lines to buy plastic video game merchandise and then have it autographed by guys who draw a web comic
-they have been drawing themselves as not being fat or having speech impediments for like 20 years, one of them has a wife bigger than any broad ive ever ploughed but draws her as a supermodel
-their web comic which is solely about 'inside video game jokes' and how video game people are different and misunderstood, is mostly not funny, and has not been funny since 1999 or something

is that fair now?

This guy gets it.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Lil Peeler posted:

This guy gets it.

It's not like it stops there.

They also did that motherfucking pin thing where a bunch of loser retards trade pins with each other? That's dumb and shameful af

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
There's a disconnect between the narrative of the young and the narrative of the old.

ISLAM is a really popular religion, and it attracts crazy 'simple folk' people. That's not cool.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

That was so long ago I don't think even Lowtax cares. You'd have to be to still be cut up about efront.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I especially like that they have their own charity that gets sick kids in hospitals sweet video games to play while they are dying.

I wish I had sweet video games to play while I die (of cancer((in a hospital)))

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I especially like that they have their own charity that gets sick kids in hospitals sweet video games to play while they are dying.

one of their last memories of their short and painful life is to be screamed at by a 30 year old man on some competitive shooter

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Actually all webcomics are bad. Let's post 150 pages of bad webcomics, GBS

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Don Tacorleone posted:

i found one.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Don Tacorleone posted:

I'm really glad we can have good megathreads

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

nope, doubt it OP

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

mega tokyo lol now thats a bad comic

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i alwways thought the art for Mac Hall was really good, but i never found it funny

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I haven't looked at this comic since high school (2008 probably) why is the art style shittier than it was then. Is mike still drawing it? it's not funny, for sure, and it looks worse than it did when i started reading it 13 years ago

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
mac hall, nailing me right in the fells today, wow

idk why he called it Mac Hall, his name is clearly Mat.. should have calledit Matts Comic imo

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I thought artists were supposed to improve over time, not regress into drawing squishy faced people with hosed up teeth?

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Infidel Castro posted:

Wow, the art style has really gone to poo poo, and it wasn't even that good to begin with.

It shows actual development from 2004, which is a better fate than Megatokyo.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Strange thing to be a jaded goon about.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

I thought artists were supposed to improve over time, not regress into drawing squishy faced people with hosed up teeth?

i think i read that he gets burnt out if he draws the same style for too long so he keeps changing it for the sake of changing it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

im gaye posted:

i found one.

Like, I see some Jamie Hewlett in that picture....but it's still bad.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Over the past couple of years the strip has definitely become a way for him to be artsy fartsy. It started with the girl scout troupe series he did about 3 years ago and since both of them have kids now there has been a lot of "obnoxious no one cares anecdotes" strips about raising them. I can't hate on the PA guys, they've created a product that allows them to work with almost any company they want and their charity is kind of cool even if they are just giving kids toys and not cures.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
i went to pax south and it sucked pretty much

didn't bother trying to MEET THE ARTISTS

it was basically three days of me swimming through a fog of facial hair and dweeb farts

hell really is other people

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

im gaye posted:

i found one.
They're making a comic in 2016 based on the old meme.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Iron Prince posted:

new achewood today, go read that instead

I thought you were lying you bastard

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
*video games*

*video game joke*

*video games*

repeat ad infinitum

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

i would read penny arcade if it looked like this

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The Whole Internet posted:

i would read penny arcade if it looked like this
The yellow haired guys dick is going from his shorts into his shirt instead of sticking out of his shorts, Censorship I think but tastefully handled :golfclap:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

8-Bit Scholar posted:

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic

I thought it was cute and amusing and it made me laugh the first time I read it and smile fondly the second.

Thanks for visiting my thread.

THANKS FOR POSTING THE IMAGE NEEDLEDICK GET CANCER

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

Why do they look like Goof Troop characters now?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Germstore posted:

Strange thing to be a jaded goon about.

Like mom always said, "if you're too sick to go to school, you're too sick to play videogames"

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I thought you were lying you bastard

youre welcome

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

wow that guy drew like hundreds of these things.

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Ivor Biggun posted:

That was so long ago I don't think even Lowtax cares. You'd have to be to still be cut up about efront.

It helps to remember that some people felt so owned by i m a g e s h a c k that a new goon-approved host was required, and waffleimages can now be found in the same mass grave as paintedover and stashbox while the i m a g e s h a c k hatchet continues to remain unburied

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the day imgur dies half this site is going to go dark

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Penny Arcade is actually cool and good. I enjoy the newsposts more than the comics usually, because he talks about video games, a topic I enjoy reading about.

If you do not enjoy video games or jokes about them, or people eventually becoming adults and having children I guess don't read it.

Mauvais
Jul 24, 2002

HUZZAH
Is this comic still pretty popular? We get their books in at my work often enough but I keep having to send them to clearance, even though video games and comics sell extremely well. Some even have ninja bacon unicorn robots on the cover, which certainly seems like a hit, but customers keep buying "Galaxy Guardians" and "Dead Pool" instead

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Kaedric posted:

Penny Arcade is actually cool and good. I enjoy the newsposts more than the comics usually, because he talks about video games, a topic I enjoy reading about.

If you do not enjoy video games or jokes about them, or people eventually becoming adults and having children I guess don't read it.

what no. when people have things they like that are different than what you like, youre supposed to hate those people, and wish them death

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
since this thread is still here somehow ill just say aside from how embarrassing it is, the one thing i can think of is im pretty sure they were the first big donors for that extra life thing which is now up to like 20 mil a year to childrens hospitals

unfortunately half of it is in used sega genesis controllers, but still it's a nice thought

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

many johnnys posted:

kid played game badly, died.

mom won't resurrect kid immediately, as punishment for bad play. kid must wait for respawn timer instead

kid wants dad to resurrect him instead. dad sides with mom

Really poo poo and not funny

Eat dicks op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

You are mistaken OP, it is not.

• Locked thread