Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I used to get some script, I forget what, but it was a tiny rear end $30 10mg tablet that dissolved under my tongue and got rid of a migraine in like 10 minutes. And I'm talking migraines where you lose your vision and throw up when any light enters your room.

Possibly a beta blocker or triptan (probably Rizatriptan?). Beta blockers are dirt cheap and pretty drat good at getting rid of migraines, but I can't think of any that are sublingual.

You know what else helps migraines? :350:

How's your grandma doing?

KozmoNaut posted:

~20 seconds 0-60, baby.

So late 70s US muscle car territory!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

SAC have you considered getting out of the skilled trade business or moving to a different state to do it?

Especially with how it is on the east coast

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I almost bought tickets to Monster Jam a week ago for tomorrow night because it was supposed to be clear in the high 60's, but now it's gonna be rainy and in the low 40's gently caress that. Must be nice to be a weatherman for a living, never get it right and still keep a job.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Enourmo posted:

I feel like that was revealed a long time ago, I guess it was just speculation if they're still not fessing up though.

I didn't know about the truck seats, good to see some use came out of the technology.

There's a sonar system in the front bumper of the car to detect the road surface in front. I don't really see how that's a "reveal"...

The jump was definitely staged, it wouldn't do that by itself, but the picking up over speedbumps/concrete obstacles was normal.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

leica posted:

I almost bought tickets to Monster Jam a week ago for tomorrow night because it was supposed to be clear in the high 60's, but now it's gonna be rainy and in the low 40's gently caress that. Must be nice to be a weatherman for a living, never get it right and still keep a job.

It was I think 2004 that the Orlando show had that kinda weather. It had been dumping continuous rain the whole week leading up, and show night it was drizzling at about that temperature (with us in the nosebleeds, no less). Trucks couldn't get traction for poo poo and it was just generally awful.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

What sucks is they ALWAYS come down here in the winter so it's a crap shoot, could be in the 70's, or if there's a giant coldfront blowing through it could be in the loving 20's.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I only just realized how salty I still am that we didn't end up moving to Tampa :saddowns:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
SoCal weather report: sitting in t-shirt, basketball shorts, no socks, all windows in the house open and it's 9pm. Ain't february a nice month?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

leica posted:

What sucks is they ALWAYS come down here in the winter so it's a crap shoot, could be in the 70's, or if there's a giant coldfront blowing through it could be in the loving 20's.

Well they can come in winter and risk rain, or they can come the other 11 months and guarantee it. :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

We don't get it nearly as bad as you guys inland, the summer rains rarely last long on the west coast, it's usually the winter storms when it rains for a day or two.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Buffalo Trace is mighty tasty. 9/10, will buy again.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Tide posted:

Buffalo Trace is mighty tasty. 9/10, will buy again.

That, Elijah Craig, and Bulliet is good stuff for $25.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
My neighbor and I got housed on Bulliet the other weekend. Agree, it is good stuff. Its been a looong time since I have had Elijah Craig.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

SoCal weather report: sitting in t-shirt, basketball shorts, no socks, all windows in the house open and it's 9pm. Ain't february a nice month?

400 miles north of you, we're into that kind of weather in the day and pants/jackets at night. Give us another month, we'll catch up.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I keep meaning to get a bottle of eagle rare, which is made at buffalo trace but is the next step up. I recently had someone suggest basil hayden's but that is more like 45-50 a bottle, and then I have a friend who goes through a lot of woodford reserve. Currently having a jameson 12 year which is pretty good.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
SAC the trades are bonkers in Seattle right now. Companies can't hire enough skilled labor. And weed's legal

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Maksimus54 posted:

SAC the trades are bonkers in Seattle right now. Companies can't hire enough skilled labor. And weed's legal

Yeah, it's actually pretty nuts.

On another note, I've somehow never watched Two Lane Blacktop before tonight. Good flick.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

Yeah roads in Florida basically suck but that's fine. This is more of a cruise down, visit for a few days then drive back trip. Dad and I have been trying to make a Sebring race for a while and haven't had open schedules yet...one of these years.

https://goo.gl/maps/zhq6ypw6a2F2

Thats the tail end of a drive I've seen bikers come from fairly far away to do. The full thing starts in the inverness area, comes down through a state park, through an old part of brooksville thats nice to cruise through, then down along the coast to check out some salt flats and small fishing towns like aripeka. I'll drive this stretch sometimes just to get out and stretch my legs, its nothing exciting, but does make for a relaxing cruise.

EDIT: The full thing https://goo.gl/maps/zhq6ypw6a2F2

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 6, 2016

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Another night if zero sleep. God I need a job.

Yeah I feel ya. I've had some really hosed up days recently.

I had a good solid lead for a startup company and then last week he dropped (I think accidentally) the "if we get the money" bomb on me. As in "Okay we're ready to make you an offer (if we get the money)".

He was calling me almost daily for the entire month of January, then I passed him a proposed budget and it's been 7 days of silence. I've been horribly sick so I haven't bothered calling him though.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I just got the insurance statement for the busted rear quarter panel and mirror etc. from when my car was hit while parked, back in December.

Turns out that a new quarter panel, mirror, paint, various parts and labor costs around $3,600 :stare:

Amusingly enough, they also ask me whether I would like to pay this myself, which would let me move into a cheaper bracket and save $150/year on my rates.

Uhhh, I think I'll just pay the deductible, and stay in my current bracket for another year, thankyouverymuch.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Feb 6, 2016

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

wallaka posted:

That, Elijah Craig, and Bulliet is good stuff for $25.

Oh gently caress off...

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_383121/buffalo-trace-kentucky-straight-bourbon-whiskey-700ml
https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_385066/elijah-craig-12-year-old-kentucky-straight-bourbon-750ml
https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_140812/bulleit-frontier-kentucky-straight-bourbon-whisky-700ml

jamal posted:

I keep meaning to get a bottle of eagle rare, which is made at buffalo trace but is the next step up. I recently had someone suggest basil hayden's but that is more like 45-50 a bottle, and then I have a friend who goes through a lot of woodford reserve. Currently having a jameson 12 year which is pretty good.

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_383119/eagle-rare-single-barrel-bourbon-700ml

Someones making a tidy profit bending us over and loving us on liquor prices. And thats before you get to the spiders in the shelves.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Tomarse posted:

Mine is 13.7 seconds. I'll 'ave ya

How much do you weigh? :v:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

the spyder posted:

I don't usually get bad headaches, but I can't seem to kick this one. I've been home sick 3/4 of the week with sinus pressure/headaches/stomach cramps and I'm way down on energy. It's bad enough I don't trust myself driving except short trips. Anyone have any headache/migrane med suggestions? I usually only take Ibu as needed.

Ibuprofen does nothing for me (except work on muscle issues when used as an anti-inflammatory).

For headaches, the only OTC I've found that really does anything noticeable for me is "Extra Strength Excedrin", which is a combination of Acetaminophen 250mg, Aspirin 250mg, & Caffeine 65mg. Taking two helps my headaches. Generics of this are usually called "Migraine formula".

Luckily I rarely have headaches anymore since I've gotten my blood pressure under control.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Cakefool posted:

How much do you weigh? :v:

I suspect more than you, so thats my 0.3 second advantage gone!

Having just checked how much my car weighs, when I'm in it I am almost exactly 10% of the gross vehicle weight. Probably over 10% if I've not had a poo poo that morning.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Nthing excedrin (or the cheaper store brand) for migraines. Works great for me if I take it soon enough. I went through a bunch of different prescription meds with various side effects or high prices before finding that stuff.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i love when family members on fb claim that if you're minimum wage aka "making the same as a 15 year old" at age 22 then you're a failure at life. and then tell ME to back off and quit being confrontational when I bring up that that group includes me.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

I live in a flat, and I need a garage or shed. Man maths dictates the most sensible cost effective solution is to buy one with four wheels and an engine. I'm going to become one of those guys who has a transit van as a personal vehicle. If I start taking steroids, wearing camo as casual wear or being casually racist please send help. It's the rust from a 800 quid van getting into my bloodstream.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ether Frenzy posted:

Where the hell are you? Cause it's in the 40s at my place.

Although we're into the 70s during the day again finally.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

"oh no enourmo I'm not talking about you i'm talking about the OTHER poor people, you're better than them"

NO THE gently caress I'M NOT

"you have ambition"

YEAH AND I'M SURE THEY LOVE GETTING GREASE BURNS AND PERMANENTLY SMELLING LIKE RAW MEAT AND HAVE NO DESIRE TO DO BETTER

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Enourmo posted:

i love when family members on fb claim that if you're minimum wage aka "making the same as a 15 year old" at age 22 then you're a failure at life. and then tell ME to back off and quit being confrontational when I bring up that that group includes me.
I was there up until 29. Failure at life isn't the right sentiment.

But life does get better with real income.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

stump posted:

I live in a flat, and I need a garage or shed. Man maths dictates the most sensible cost effective solution is to buy one with four wheels and an engine. I'm going to become one of those guys who has a transit van as a personal vehicle. If I start taking steroids, wearing camo as casual wear or being casually racist please send help. It's the rust from a 800 quid van getting into my bloodstream.

Trannies are awesome. Don't forget the copy of The Sun on the dashboard.

Just be aware that most scrotes can open one up with a tin opener quicker than you can with a key. No big deal for an 800 quid motor, not so fun if is an 800 quid motor filled with all your tools.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

spog posted:

Trannies are awesome. Don't forget the copy of The Sun on the dashboard.

Just be aware that most scrotes can open one up with a tin opener quicker than you can with a key. No big deal for an 800 quid motor, not so fun if is an 800 quid motor filled with all your tools.

Between this post and poundland I'm convinced you guys are just loving with everyone at this point.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Get a Bedford Rascal

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ilkhan posted:

I was there up until 29. Failure at life isn't the right sentiment.

But life does get better with real income.

Oh yeah for sure, just don't go around claiming that lacking money makes you a bad PERSON.

I gave up and deleted everyone involved once my medic and police cousins started jumping in with WHY DO YOU HATE COPS/MEDICS. Cause you know, $11/hr or whatever they make now is fine, but a4 dollar raise would be insulting because baristas would then make the same amount. Cause the reason you work those jobs is to feel SUPERIOR to other people, right?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Enourmo posted:

Yes, because everyone who works for minimum wage chooses to do so!

Sounds like your family is a bunch of morons, and facebook is nothing but a drama enabler.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Enourmo posted:

Oh yeah for sure, just don't go around claiming that lacking money makes you a bad PERSON.

I gave up and deleted everyone involved once my medic and police cousins started jumping in with WHY DO YOU HATE COPS/MEDICS. Cause you know, $11/hr or whatever they make now is fine, but a4 dollar raise would be insulting because baristas would then make the same amount. Cause the reason you work those jobs is to feel SUPERIOR to other people, right?

All of the cops and emergency medical people on my Facebook were usually the only ones who were for the raises for fast food. I think they knew if fast food paid more they could strike and ask for more with a much bigger chance of getting it resolved sooner, and they weren't assholes about needing to get paid more than "burger flippers". I remember one girl, my wife's cousin, posted those stupid photos saying giving them raises while military are paid poo poo was horrible and offensive and I flipped out on her really quick. Having been in the military, and her sister is also in, I figured she would be smarter than that. I was wrong.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

People who make more than minimum wage but less than $15.00/hr are always the most vehemently against a $15 dollar minimum wage for some reason. :allears:

It's because they truly think they're better than those making minimum wage.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

leica posted:

Yes, because everyone who works for minimum wage chooses to do so!

Sounds like your family is a bunch of morons, and facebook is nothing but a drama enabler.

Its all my dad's side, my mom's side are all filthy liberals like me.

I missed my dad's side big family gathering this year cause I was sick, and I didn't really lose a moments sleep over it for that very reason. I still have friction with my dad from time to time but he's the most reasonable of the bunch, as in I actually enjoy spending time with him. Everyone else I can't really talk about anything with because it'll end of seeing them off on rants about handouts and bootstraps and MILLENNIAL HAVE NO WORK ETHIC. I'm down to like 2 of them left on my fb at this point.

And they're all in FL which is like 2/3 the reason I want to gtfo this state.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
As dumb as FL is, I've met more batshit loony right wing people in CA than I ever did in TX or FL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

As dumb as FL is, I've met more batshit loony right wing people in CA than I ever did in TX or FL.

Well, like 1/8th the US population lives in California, so there may be some sample size bias.

• Locked thread