Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i would yell "hey roman your back.....is whack!!!!" and he'd immediately back down from the fight thus giving me the victory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Dracula
Oct 30, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

i would yell "hey roman your back.....is whack!!!!" and he'd immediately back down from the fight thus giving me the victory

lol

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Lmao this rules

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

no words.... should have sent a poet

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

perfect, perfect in every way

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

jesus

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Have mercy. Amazing.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

So I've watched a few months worth of Smackdowns, Raws and PPVs from 2015 now. By which I mean I've skimmed to the New Day match in every one and watched almost nothing else.

Aside from New Day, the tag team division really sucks. I can see why they brought back the Dudley Boys as they're the only team with an ounce of charisma even if it's a pale shadow of New Day. Really I think the Wyatt Family should branch out to tag team. The crowd obviously love New Day even though they're heels, I'd like to see how much they'd cheer New Day if New Day were still cheaters but were de-facto anti-heroes because they were against people portrayed as legitimately evil. As New Day can get beaten and still be popular and will inevitably not win clean, dominating the tag team division for a bit could even give the Wyatts a chance to rehabilitate and stop being scrubs.

Also the Prime Time Players were/are the worst. From their stupid little clappy dance when they come out to Titus's lack of charisma to all their matches following exactly the same routine of Darren Young getting his rear end kicked until Titus comes out and does the same 4 moves. At least Los Matadores had El Torito. I even think I might have spotted the exact moment when New Day started to go over, in around June/July when Titus tried to do a "New Day Sucks" chant and the crowd came back with "New Day Rocks" because gently caress Titus, if he disses new Day then they must be good (although I am bad at deciphering chants so could be wrong).

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ostentatious posted:

looked vader up (using the internet) and he looks real scary

Vader is the greatest of all time.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

team overhead smash posted:

So I've watched a few months worth of Smackdowns, Raws and PPVs from 2015 now. By which I mean I've skimmed to the New Day match in every one and watched almost nothing else.

Aside from New Day, the tag team division really sucks. I can see why they brought back the Dudley Boys as they're the only team with an ounce of charisma even if it's a pale shadow of New Day. Really I think the Wyatt Family should branch out to tag team. The crowd obviously love New Day even though they're heels, I'd like to see how much they'd cheer New Day if New Day were still cheaters but were de-facto anti-heroes because they were against people portrayed as legitimately evil. As New Day can get beaten and still be popular and will inevitably not win clean, dominating the tag team division for a bit could even give the Wyatts a chance to rehabilitate and stop being scrubs.

Also the Prime Time Players were/are the worst. From their stupid little clappy dance when they come out to Titus's lack of charisma to all their matches following exactly the same routine of Darren Young getting his rear end kicked until Titus comes out and does the same 4 moves. At least Los Matadores had El Torito. I even think I might have spotted the exact moment when New Day started to go over, in around June/July when Titus tried to do a "New Day Sucks" chant and the crowd came back with "New Day Rocks" because gently caress Titus, if he disses new Day then they must be good (although I am bad at deciphering chants so could be wrong).

I recommend you watch the social outcasts/new day promo and match from smackdown because it is magical

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
WTF Titus has all the charisma, it's just the wrestling moves he has a problem with.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

titus o'neil is the greatest wrestler in the world, as long as wrestling consists entirely of "throwing motherfuckers around like ragdolls"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

titushenrybreeze.gif

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Alaois posted:

titus o'neil is the greatest wrestler in the world, as long as wrestling consists entirely of "OORAH OORAH OORAH""

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ostentatious posted:

yeah but he can kick your rear end doesnt that make you feel like less of a man??

I was led to believe that badasses always kick an rear end in a top hat's rear end.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

imagine titus o'neill having a run in japan back in the late 80s/90d

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Angular Landbury posted:

WTF Titus has all the charisma, it's just the wrestling moves he has a problem with.

Maybe we are having a miscommunication. Is charisma also the name of a muscle? Because Titus has all of the muscles. The ability to project a compelling personality which engages the audience though? No.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Maybe we are having a miscommunication. Is charisma also the name of a muscle? Because Titus has all of the muscles. The ability to project a compelling personality which engages the audience though? No.

Ahem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjfIA98lmoQ

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Bigass Moth posted:

Vader is the greatest of all time.

Vader Time

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

oldpainless posted:

Also ryback is one of a handful of men to pin john cena clean in the last 10 years

wasn't that one fall in a 2/3 falls match though

it doesn't count if you still lose the match

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Somebody in the GDT this week said Up Up Down Down was a good look into how the WWE talent gets along in real life, so I decided to check it out for the first time.

I'm currently watching Xavier and Tyler Breeze play Wheel of Fortune with a ref randomly yelling out the amount of each spin and I didn't realize I needed this channel in my life until now.

Also, Big E and Becky Lynch just randomly show up and hang out watching them play.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

A good example of something that could have been funny if New Day did it it.

Although the same could be said of almost anything.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Keg posted:

Calling Tyler Breeze's gimmick the worst on the roster when Sami Zayn's is "guy who still likes ska"

Ska isn't really part of Sami's gimmick. Sami has a very straightforward white meat babyface gimmick, but it works for him because he's one of the best babyface workers in the world and 100 times the wrestler Tyler Breeze is.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm currently watching Xavier and Tyler Breeze play Wheel of Fortune with a ref randomly yelling out the amount of each spin and I didn't realize I needed this channel in my life until now.

Not to mention Breeze cracking up every single time it happens.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

If Balor's ankle is dead does that mean Joe gets to come up instead?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

GrimGypsy posted:

If Balor's ankle is dead does that mean Joe gets to come up instead?

That's the current plan anyway, since they are desperately short on heels right now

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

CBJSprague24 posted:

Somebody in the GDT this week said Up Up Down Down was a good look into how the WWE talent gets along in real life, so I decided to check it out for the first time.

Also, Big E and Becky Lynch just randomly show up and hang out watching them play.

You need to check out him playing Miz at Street Fighter with like a dozen guys crowded around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w76oruSg8Yk

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

all their matches following exactly the same routine of Darren Young getting his rear end kicked until Titus comes out and does the same 4 moves.
This is tag team wrestling 101.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Add Finn to the list

https://twitter.com/IAmGixx/status/696075611912200192

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Grozz Nuy posted:

Ska isn't really part of Sami's gimmick. Sami has a very straightforward white meat babyface gimmick, but it works for him because he's one of the best babyface workers in the world and 100 times the wrestler Tyler Breeze is.

No way, really?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Ska's not dead, it just went home.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

When I first saw it was a Jeb! titantron I legit thought it was gonna be a parody of the David Flair one, complete with shots of George H.W. Bush looking disappointed.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

A good example of something that could have been funny if New Day did it it.

Although the same could be said of almost anything.

I get that your opinions are new and mostly unformed.

But they're really bad

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Atticus Finch posted:

This is tag team wrestling 101.

I've been main-lining tag team matches and Primetime Players are by far the worst at this. They rely on this more than other tag teams (I'm not sure if I've seen a single match where they don't do it) and Titus hits the same few moves when doing it. They also don't bring anything else to the ring like the high-flying and high-risk nature of some of the more dexterous tag-teams, the showmanship of New Day or the small man dressed as a bull of Los Matadores.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

But they're really bad

I seem to be in the majority. Early in 2015 it looks like Prime Time Players were getting the chance to prove themselves that New Day got later in 2015, with plenty of spots and time to try to do wacky funny things to try and win the crowd over. It never worked though because they don't have the charisma and the Power of Positivity to carry it off.

At Royal Rumble Titus got the biggest boos after Roman Reigns while New Day got the biggest cheers except for AJ Styles.

Maybe the one with bad opinions.... is you?!?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Delsaber posted:

Ska's not dead, it just went home.

aren't the bosstones in their 60s? you cant skank to the beat when you are 60. poo poo, 40 years of doing that poo poo will put you in a loving wheelchair,.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Remember when Less than Jake offered to redo Sami's theme?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ed: ^^ I'm still pissed that didn't happen :negative:

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

But they're really bad

Well on his way to being the next Foochs

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I agree that the primetime players aren't good. But i still like titus and darren young.

They're good to have around as a jobber team. Wish they would completely give up on using titus as a singles guy

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Well on his way to being the next Foochs

NOOOOOOOOO NOT ANOTHER I CAN'T TAKE IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

How come they have wrestlers that say things from a video game or child's television show, but never from korean drama shows? weird

• Locked thread