Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

anywhere in the south if you're not a white christian republican

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puppet pal mitch
Oct 23, 2008
Tioga north dakota. like 3 or four men for every woman. but if you went by mass, the population of men and women would appear to be the same

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Before I can answer, I need to know what city you live in.

You know OP, I changed my mind, this isn't important. I don't think we would ever both end up in your moms basement at the same time.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Everyone always mentions techy cities with skewed gender ratios as bad to date places but at least there are options there. You just have to try a bit harder. When you live in smaller towns everyone is either married, undatable, or divorced with kids by early 20s, you basically have no options at all if you didn't move their with a spouse.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Fargo Fukes posted:

I dunno guys, the rent, work and dating situation for professional guys in San Francisco sounds pretty rough, but on the other hand this is Homs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoRdCbDd50o

Why are Arabs so into their square unpainted concrete buildings? Are they all super into Brutalism?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Whichever city I'm in, apparently

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I did a study on this once and determined it was Dickshooter, Idaho. At least for men.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

Alaska is pretty wack as far as gender ratios go and we also have some of the highest STD rates in the country so not only is sex hard to get but even getting a blowjob on a random hookup will most likely give you chlamydia.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

if you're stuck in a dating desert try wearing a wedding ring. ladies will come flocking to you all the way from Sump Pump Falls West Virginia to get your wang. it's because a ring says you have cash and your cock must work

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Cowman posted:

But if you're in the south you probably are a white christian republican. So the question is, do you mind if she already has a kid? Then dating gets easier if you just have to out class her hick ex.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Fargo Fukes posted:

I dunno guys, the rent, work and dating situation for professional guys in San Francisco sounds pretty rough, but on the other hand this is Homs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoRdCbDd50o

I dunno that rubble looks like a p. great place to get your dick sucked. I bet Homs girls put out

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Your city OP, your city.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
if you're a woman- NYC.

the ratios are reversed where there are more women than men, or at least more "datable women than datable men" so men can afford to be completely non-compital while 8s-10s jump through hoops trying to land them. but the guys know the score so it gets pretty messy.

naem
May 29, 2011

RaySmuckles posted:

if you're a woman- NYC.

the ratios are reversed where there are more women than men, or at least more "datable women than datable men" so men can afford to be completely non-compital while 8s-10s jump through hoops trying to land them. but the guys know the score so it gets pretty messy.

*moves back to new york*

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i'm guessing the dating scene is hosed up in busytown

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The women of the midwest are largely ditch pigs with incredibly positive views of themselves.

RaySmuckles posted:

if you're a woman- NYC.

I liked dating in NYC because it was possible to find a woman who weighed less than 300 pounds who had also read a book one time that didn't have either a cat or a cartoon woman on the cover.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

puppet pal mitch posted:

Tioga north dakota. like 3 or four men for every woman. but if you went by mass, the population of men and women would appear to be the same

There are so many hellholes like this

I wish the bombs had fallen and all had fallen there(s)

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cowman posted:

raleigh and austin are good

may be true for the rest of the south tho idk

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

RaySmuckles posted:

if you're a woman- NYC.

in general, west coast cities skew towards more single men than women, and vice versa for east coast cities. i'm guilty of blowing off someone that i felt compatible with so that i could find someone else, although the fact that she lived in Jersey City didn't help matters. big mistake on my part

i think the FOMO phenomenon is real for both genders in NYC but it's more pronounced for men

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

naem posted:

*moves back to new york*

i hope you're rich and love to work because the operative word is "datable." there are plenty of men in NYC, the women just want the winners and the winners don't want to settle.

Sheep-Goats posted:

The women of the midwest are largely ditch pigs with incredibly positive views of themselves.

I liked dating in NYC because it was possible to find a woman who weighed less than 300 pounds who had also read a book one time that didn't have either a cat or a cartoon woman on the cover.

go to colorado (actually don't cuz its too crowded and the housing market is awful enough), its where the pretty midwestern girls go.

met mine here.

i'm from the east coast, so don't get me wrong, i love me some sharp east coast women. they just don't tend to love me cuz i'm lazy and don't determine my self worth based on my income

edit: my midwest gf is one of the smartest, most hardworking women i've ever had the pleasure of knowing, so don't think i'm trying to say only east coast women are sharp

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

"ditch pigs" sound like exactly my type, gonna hit the b&n to bone up on oprah book club picks.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Not much to ad but the Bay Area is pretty much the worst.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

etalian posted:

california is just a big ol' sausage fest huh

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I'm not that familiar with socal but it never seemed like LA is like that. Especially places like SD seemed pretty 1:1. Bay area definitely (with local variations) though

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
nice i live in the one place in california with more women

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Y-Hat posted:

california is just a big ol' sausage fest huh

The west coast isn't the best coat

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

etalian posted:

Whats the driver of this east-west split? I mean tech can explain some of the tech cities, but that can't explain all of this.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the great deceiver posted:

nice i live in the one place in california with more women
Sacramento isn't "nice" by any stretch of the imagination

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

MrChupon posted:

Whats the driver of this east-west split? I mean tech can explain some of the tech cities, but that can't explain all of this.

New York might as well be named New Lesbos because it's brimming with lesbians

Dangit Ronpaul
May 12, 2009

MrChupon posted:

all those techies skewing the m/f ratio on the west coast have to come from somewhere, plus lots of 20-30something women trying to make it in fashion/the arts and/or using their trust fund to live out their Sex and the City fantasies

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the NYC-to-LA pipeline goes both ways, but i guess it's not equal when it comes to gender

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

tbh ohio is a pretty magical place where you can date a solid 2-3 levels above you pretty easily as long as you're dateable

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
Every city's great for dating if you have high enough Value. Gym up and swag down!

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
CA hard truths ITT. If you're a male here with a bmi over 23 you ain't doing nothing but fighting for scraps.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I want to say the Omaha has a lot of "big" girls. They fun and all but drat they some big girls though.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

CA hard truths ITT. If you're a male here with a bmi over 23 you ain't doing nothing but fighting for scraps.

but let's be honest, if your bmi is over 23 scraps are all you deserve

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Horniest Manticore posted:

but let's be honest, if your bmi is over 23 scraps are all you deserve

With this weather, yeah, you definitely deserve it.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

bmi is an epidemiological tool first and foremost and most fit guys with some muscle will have an bmi >23, what you mean is bf% >10

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Dave Concepcion posted:

bmi is an epidemiological tool first and foremost and most fit guys with some muscle will have an bmi >23, what you mean is bf% >10

Whatever you chubby nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Whatever you chubby nerd.

nah I've been in excellent shape since high school, and I'll never ever get fat because it's so insanely easy to avoid it if you don't eat crap

• Locked thread