Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I'll be at work while the thing is on. Anyway I hope Richmond's Cam Newton sticks it up the haters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Deadly Hume posted:

I'll be at work while the thing is on. Anyway I hope Richmond's Cam Newton sticks it up the haters.

same. copa libertadores right after that, and then footy. good time for sports.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Hawthorn will probably win it

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

TG-Chrono posted:

I'm up at 6 to start smoking the pork belly I've got. 1030am kickoff, half time luncheon.

This sounds p glorious but I'm such a hardcore nightowl that getting somewhere by 10am and then proceeding to drink Budweiser is really bad for me.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
I will be backing the Panthers, I've been a fan since way back (6 months ago)

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

hiddenmovement posted:

This sounds p glorious but I'm such a hardcore nightowl that getting somewhere by 10am and then proceeding to drink Budweiser is really bad for me.

Be thankful you don't live somewhere with a 13 hour time difference then

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

snaeksikn posted:

I will be backing the Panthers, I've been a fan since way back (6 months ago)

I really thought the Packers could take it all the way this year. About 9 years ago, I did a team swap with a guy in my World of Warcraft guild. He was from Wisconsin and a shareholder of the Packers, so I said I'd support them, and have ever since.

Of course that means he got the Demons. I feel kind of bad about that.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Memento posted:

I really thought the Packers could take it all the way this year. About 9 years ago, I did a team swap with a guy in my World of Warcraft guild. He was from Wisconsin and a shareholder of the Packers, so I said I'd support them, and have ever since.

Of course that means he got the Demons. I feel kind of bad about that.

I did the same thing with a friend in the UK, said I'd support Tottenham if he supported Essendon. When he came out here last year we went to a game, it was the game against St Kilda...

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

It will probably be the Panthers for reasons. Plus the race thing has been stirred up all year and making that many old white people mad is a beautiful thing.

Having it (and the NCAA college football championships) on weekday mornings is kinda annoying, but oh well.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

I figure the Broncos will win because everyone wants the Panthers to win and the Broncos seem like a Hawthorn/Geelong type who are always in the finals year in year out. Then we have a situation where it's like "oh, Hawthorn won again?" :tootzzz: :smith:

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Heaps of the past super bowl mvps are getting booed by the crowd, Goodes was such a sook!!!1

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I've decided to go for the Panthers because I think that's a cooler animal than a bronco.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Heaps of the past super bowl mvps are getting booed by the crowd, Goodes was such a sook!!!1

T*m Br*dy cheated

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
How many of them can still bathe themselves?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
You just know the AFL are absolutely spoofing their dacks over the twilight Super Bowl right about now.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

monolithburger posted:

You just know the AFL are absolutely spoofing their dacks over the twilight Super Bowl right about now.

It's usually at night in the East Coast, so this is like if the GF was a night one but hosted in Perth.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
This is the first *ad break* year that I've watched the super *ad break* bowl *ad break* live

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

So apparently the most important part of the Super Bowl according to news sources is that an AUSTRALIAN has an ad competing for best ad, so let's all show some AUSSIE PRIDE and cheer on OUR Peter Carstairs who I am a massive fan of since I heard of his existence minutes ago

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

When is a catch not a catch? When you're playing American Football.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I'd be pretty pissed at that call if I was a panthers fan

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Jesus christ, that guys been on the field for like a minute of gametime and he has a loving oxygen mask

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
In America, the fat sport stars get to run 5m and then come off and breathe with an air tank and face mask

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Von Miller isn't fat you're fat

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

Von Miller isn't fat you're fat

He's literally done 20-30 5sec wrestle matches, it's about explosiveness not endurance

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

This is the first *ad break* year that I've watched the super *ad break* bowl *ad break* live

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Touchdown celebrations are the stupidest thing ever.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The touchdown was cool tho

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

The touchdown was cool tho

The man got some good air

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
I looked at my leave balance and had to pick between taking the Superbowl off or Wrestlemania.
I picked Wrestlemania. Now I just have to find other people who want to drink and eat BBQ'd meat that day instead of going to work.

Sidenote - Wrestlemania party at my house!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Rules against taunting and stuff like that in US sports are the worst rules.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Chairchucker posted:

Rules against taunting and stuff like that in US sports are the worst rules.

Yeah but there are other things to enjoy about Wrestlemania

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

pkid posted:

I looked at my leave balance and had to pick between taking the Superbowl off or Wrestlemania.
I picked Wrestlemania. Now I just have to find other people who want to drink and eat BBQ'd meat that day instead of going to work.

In.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The panthers have one of the worst logos a top level team can have

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Seriously how can you make a drawing of a panther look lame? They have managed.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

pkid posted:

Man it really feels like with injuries and worse than usual booking they really stuffed up this wrestlemania when they're trying to break their all time attendance record. On paper it is looking extremely weak with what's rumoured :(

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

On the actual topic of footy: I firmly believe the new substitution restrictions will benefit hawthorn and the top sides more than anyone else

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

thepokey posted:

Man it really feels like with injuries and worse than usual booking they really stuffed up this wrestlemania when they're trying to break their all time attendance record. On paper it is looking extremely weak with what's rumoured :(

Everyone wants to see Braun Strowman vs Undertaker.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Testekill posted:

Everyone wants to see Braun Strowman vs Undertaker.

Personally hoping for Big Show vs Braun Strowman, myself. Big Show to do 7 face/heel turns over the course of the match. Hopefully Iron Man.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

On the actual topic of footy: I firmly believe the new substitution restrictions will benefit hawthorn and the top sides more than anyone else

Naw

As I'm sure I've stated before I always think rule changes are a great way to shake up the established order of things, and the Hawks are a team of old, old men that need to be managed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
At the very least, Grand Final entertainment will never get this contrived....

• Locked thread