Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Cam notwithstanding, post game pressers are dumb as gently caress. I mean how the gently caress do you think players feel after losing? They've given the same answers for years, what makes anybody think some magical insight is gonna come forth from Cam or Bill Belichick or anybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Cam notwithstanding, post game pressers are dumb as gently caress. I mean how the gently caress do you think players feel after losing? They've given the same answers for years, what makes anybody think some magical insight is gonna come forth from Cam or Bill Belichick or anybody

Much of modernity revolves around doing things you don't like! It can often be good to do. He could say some thoughtful things, even how disappointed he is, instead of pouting like a baby and throwing a fit. Its people like you who have coddled him which make him this way FYI.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

African AIDS cum posted:

Much of modernity revolves around doing things you don't like! It can often be good to do. He could say some thoughtful things, even how disappointed he is, instead of pouting like a baby and throwing a fit. Its people like you who have coddled him which make him this way FYI.

Now what did you say about marshawn

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Go back to FYAD

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I just realised something

something... important

we can no longer refer to Andre Caldwell as just Andre Caldwell

he is SuperBowl Champion Andre Caldwell to all of you

kiss the ring and show some goddamn respect

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Lessail posted:

Now what did you say about marshawn

I think he probably legitimately has some weird social anxiety type stuff and should be accomodated under the ADA, same with Ricky Williams back in the day

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

so nolan nawrocki was right all along?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Go back to FYAD

Nope. He's a soccer forum poster.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Same difference

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
man, people giving Cam a hard time for blowing off lovely questions when he'd just lost the super bowl

I think he showed great composure. If I was him, I would've asked the "put your disappointment into words" guy how much he made in a year. Then wrote a check for that amount to the first man who punched that motherfucker in the balls right then and there

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Cam was actually great all night and made several plays, the Broncos were just better than the Carolina offense.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Cam was actually great all night and made several plays, the Broncos were just better than the Carolina offense.

No he was really bad. 43% completion and brought nothing to the table.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Archie Mannings balls have produced 4 superbowl wins and 6 appearances. That's pretty good.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I hate football, and John Elway is the Devil.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/newenglandpatriots/photos/pb.42693447371.-2207520000.1454899073./10153961217027372/?type=3&theater

I think Joe Montana might have a hotter wife than Tom Brady, in addition to being a better QB. Thoughts?

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
Thanks for not getting Charles Tilman a ring, Carolina, you loving idiots.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Cam was actually great all night and made several plays.

Cam was poo poo.

Also last night's highlight was still the Superman/Batman autist.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sour Diesel posted:

that is actually the best post i've ever witnessed

:agreed: It's like every post from LWB was the setup to this Aristocrats joke

Benny the Snake posted:

I wanted to answer this question more in-depth here.

I became a Seattle fan not after Super Bowl 48 but Super Bowl 49-after seeing their humiliating defeat against the Patriots because of that terrible play and interception at the last second. It was a heart breaker, but I fell in love with how well they played. It also helps that Seattle is a city where a lot of what I love originated from (Hendrix, Cobain, Pearl Jam, Neuromancer and the Cyberpunk genre, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Starbucks). This was the first football season I've ever followed and following the Hawks was amazing, especially in week 17 when I won a hoodie off a bet-that was the moment where I became both a member and believer of the 12s.

To see Cam Newton run us over in the divisional round was one thing. To see him do so when it was clear that his team was over-depending on him was another. What really made me salty, and boy howdy was I full of :salt:, was the simple fact that he compared himself to Superman. How he kept wearing Superman shirts and also how his home field played the John Williams theme. This became nerd rage, and I wanted to see Batman beat Superman. Russel Wilson wasn't Batman and going into this game I was hoping Peyton would be. It turned out Von Miller was the Dark Knight, as he was sacking and pressuring Cam was glorious. This little internal narrative of mine was helped by the constant ad presence for Batman V Superman.

Congrats, Broncos and Von Miller. Congrats for avenging us. Here's looking forward to my team's 40th season :hawksin:

PS: If you're reading Febreeze, I'd like to see a comic where Cam Newton as Superman has the MVP sack-stripped from him by Von Miller as Batman.

Quest For Glory II posted:

I was just a football drifter, bouncing from team to team until Nick Foles had 6 touchdowns in one game against the Oakland Raiders. It was a stirring moment, and I was actually born in Philadelphia, the place where Tom Hanks died of aids. Much like in Big, NFL defenses found themselves a fish out of water when Chip Kelly brought his crazy offense to the NFL. I love my Philadelphia Eagles, and I make sure to shout E A G L E S EAGLES at any social function-- high school football game, baby shower, my father's funeral.

To see Chip Kelly run black players out of town was one thing. I love black people especially Michael Clarke Duncan's performance in The Green Mile. But Chip Kelly, like Captain John H Miller, was a man on a mission (but not a man on the moon like the ill-fated Apollo 13 launch). When Chip brought DeMarco Murray in, a player who had Nothing in Common with LeSean McCoy, I felt like he was telling the Black Community, "you got a friend in me." But despite two 10 win seasons, he was sent out on the Polar Express. You don't need Robert Langdon to know this is a conspiracy. I'm not racist but I guess what I'm saying is maybe the black athletes should form A League of Their Own.

i'll hang up and listen, Colin

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Cam had a career defining pussy move not diving for his fumble when down 6 points

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
I have nothing against cam. But after seeing him in those Versace pants and gold superman shirt I knew one thing. Here is a man who needs a bitch slapping.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I don't understand how the officiating was a factor in a game featuring a 61 yard punt return because the defense mass-hallucinated a fair catch wave.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

shame on an IGA posted:

I don't understand how the officiating was a factor in a game featuring a 61 yard punt return because the defense mass-hallucinated a fair catch wave.

On the other hand, that bullshit in the 1st was 100% a loving catch.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

On the other hand, that bullshit in the 1st was 100% a loving catch.

Is that the one where the ground helped him catch the ball?

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
So now we can expect a nice 8-month circus surrounding these HGH allegations, right?

*crickets*

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The Panthers over achieved with these receivers. Especially Ginn beitching out tonight. Not gonna just blame Cam. I thought the Denver's defense was better but Carolina would get slightly more done than them.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Another poo poo garbage year where a team I hate wins the Superbowl. Oh well now I have more time to focus on the bachelor!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Cam is basically the only reason the Panthers offense moved the chains at all tonight/looked better than the Broncos offense. The receivers couldn't get open and Cam had to keep drives alive and make plays with his feet. Almost every incompletion was a Bronco making a fantastic play on the ball, and the game was still only lost in the fourth quarter. Runs did nothing and the offensive playcalling was generally poo poo (on both sides).

Cam gave some Marshawn Lynch responses to a bunch of dumb presser questions--these are as a rule all dumb, it's why every member of the Patriots is trained to give a non-answer to 99% of them---and that is already being spun as "Petulant Failure of a Leader Cam Newton." There's no shortage of fragile egos in football.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Magnetic North posted:

So now we can expect a nice 8-month circus surrounding these HGH allegations, right?

*crickets*

Everyone in the nfl takes massive anabolic steroids to get huge, so who cares if peyton took hgh to help turn his ugly horse head. Which it probably didn't help anyway.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Magnetic North posted:

*crickets*

I think it's funnier that everyone is so happy that someone guilty of sexual assault and victim shaming is so celebrated. gently caress Manning.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Shooting Blanks posted:

I think it's funnier that everyone is so happy that someone guilty of sexual assault and victim shaming is so celebrated. gently caress Manning.

You meant Roethlisberger?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Homestar Runner posted:

SuperBowl Champion Andre Caldwell

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

PrinceRandom posted:

it's hosed up California has 4 teams. I don't approve.

It's about the same percentage of NFL teams as California has percentage of the US population

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Chichevache posted:

Is that the one where the ground helped him catch the ball?

Yeah I don't get it. As he was going to the ground the ball touched the ground clearly and it bobbled a little after that. It was clear as day yet somehow no one saw it.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
I was thinking about it, and here are the last few post-game pressers from losers. Cam's definitely saltier but the only big difference is walking out, which he probably shouldn't have done. Moreso than being a "poor sport", it seems like Cam just isn't great at doing interviews. If you want to skip watching these, note that they all say basically the same thing.

Wilson:
http://q13fox.com/2015/02/01/video-russell-wilson-on-heartbreaking-super-bowl-loss/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmsYJ5XxCJ0

Manning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwCb1bb9WOc

Kaepernick:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000135754/Kaepernick-We-ll-be-back

Brady:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IehrUWaVOLQ

Roethlisberger:
http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Press-Conferences---Post-Game---Super-Bowl-XLV/cf1c5e6c-d35e-40da-9cd3-1961592daec2

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Feb 8, 2016

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
That was brutal.

Watching it with a room full of Panther fans, even worse.

gently caress.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Oh my God your avatar.

Someone please make a crying jordan version of his avatar

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Withnail posted:

You meant Roethlisberger?

Has he ever been accused of being a good guy?

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Magnetic North posted:

*crickets*

The NFL has a history of dropping doping investigations if the player in question retires, so Pey Pey will probably call it a career and they'll pretend it never happened. It would be really funny if Peyton tried to keep playing and ended up getting popped for HGH after refusing to ride off into the sunset, though.

As for Cam, normally I'm a big fan but he didn't play well and the whole offense was bad. Luckily for him, the panthers defense might be good enough for him to emulate Peyton one of these years and get dragged to a win he didn't really have a large role in :unsmith:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is it just me or did the game not really feel much like a Super Bowl? Especially the SUPER DUPER 50th NFL spectacular it was hyped up to be? I swear there was more excitement and hype for each of the last 8 Super Bowls. 42/43/44/45/46/47/48/49 all seemed like such bigger deals. I dunno. This just felt kind of shallow, almost like it was just some divisional round matchup. Maybe seeing it played during the day screwed up my internal clock or something I dunno.

I mean, the gameday thread wasn't really exciting either.

Maybe it's how Denver plays. Maybe it's how Carolina seemed to be the most under the radar 15-1 team I've ever seen.

That reminds me, it's the fifth straight time a team that's gone 15-1 or better didn't win the Super Bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Cam is basically the only reason the Panthers offense moved the chains at all tonight/looked better than the Broncos offense. The receivers couldn't get open and Cam had to keep drives alive and make plays with his feet. Almost every incompletion was a Bronco making a fantastic play on the ball, and the game was still only lost in the fourth quarter. Runs did nothing and the offensive playcalling was generally poo poo (on both sides).

Eh... this is overstating it. Cam made plays out of nothing, but he also sailed a ton of passes high and had multiple turnovers. His accuracy was garbage and he couldn't hold on to the ball. Those are kind of important failings.

The Panthers repeatedly shot themselves in the foot in every phase of the game, in every quarter, right down to the very end. The Denver defense was great, but the Panthers had the ability to win a low-scoring slugfest if they didn't commit so many unforced errors. Their defense was the best part of their team, and even they had some dumb blunders to chip in against a garbage offense.

Denver's defense owns, Von Miller is a monster, Ware is great, :baby: is great, Peyton... just sorta existed for 4 quarters... so good clownball times all around.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Feb 8, 2016

• Locked thread